Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,155 members, 7,946,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:52 AM

Those Songs You've Always Loved - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Those Songs You've Always Loved (1090 Views)

Voices That Have Put Out Those Songs / A Special Love Song To A Special Loved One On Valentine's Day / Best Nigerian Song You've Ever Listened To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Songs You've Always Loved by Gangsta101(m): 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2008
Hi Everyone,

we all have songs we used to hear as kids growing up, but the world moved on in due course and even though other songs and artistes have come along since then, we can't just get them out of our heads. Sometimes we know everything about the song, i.e the artist, title, album, e.t.c, but in some cases all we can remember is probably just a line in the song or in some very bad cases, just the tune, and for those who are not really musically gifted, we can't really hum it out convincingly for someone else. and in Extremely terrible cases, all we know is there is a song we have always loved but we can't even get the tune. it is just there in the background torturing us until we hear it on the radio or something and come to an absolute stand still.

well, that is the story of my life, ever since i got access to manageable internet connectivity, i have been on a quest to get all those songs. thank God for P2P agents like bit torrent, bearshare, and limewire, and the almighty google u can get access to just about anything as long as u know something about it. An example is the haunting tune from the movie 'The Generals Daughter', all i had to do was go to amazon.com and listen to all the midlets from the soundtrack on their site until i got the one i wanted and then i took down the details and just got it via limewire. Other times, it is not so easy, there was a time i spent 5 days going over the lyrics of just about every song that was ever on the UK top 20 in the months between February and November looking for a song that all i could remember was just a snippet and i couldn't boldly reproduce it for anyone. well after a lot of trial and error, i discovered it was 'Alane' by 'Wes'.
the worst thing is sometimes when u finally lay your hand on the song, you might not really like it anymore, but there is a feeling of acheivement when u lay your hands on it. In some cases, you cannot even get the song online to download, an example is the New Jack Swing hit by Samuelle, 'so you like, what you see?' i can't get it anywhere, but now at least i know the name and title of the song.

so folks, what song is it that you have always loved but never had?
Re: Those Songs You've Always Loved by chasisgirl(f): 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2008
upload this if u haveit
1. esse agesse-peppersoupe mama
2. black masqueradaz- pour kerosene & any other
3. zaaki azzay- yara -maman shata song remix
4. mc smoke
5. eldee xl-mic snatcher
6. def o clan ft azadus, lyrics like people in ajegunle, make u no le , make u watch your back ,,, look your left and look your right and u may be the next victim
7 kasala go bust, marvellous benji and some other naija boys
8.malaria
9. sleeping open eye (lady singer) can't remember her name but -lyrics& chorus like ''sleeping open eye o .open eye''
Re: Those Songs You've Always Loved by Gangsta101(m): 6:58am On Sep 28, 2008
Chasisgirl,

african songs are a little harder to get, either less people have it or the issues of bandwith, i have been looking for Magic system's Tape dos for a while with no success, but then you idea is a good one, we could upload somebodys request that we have on rapidshare or someother such site and paste the link here or just IM it to the person (before those recording industry folks will start coming after someone). of the ones you listed, i only have Malaria, and not a very clear version, will look for them and get back to you.
for me, i am also searching for Dj Marechal's Seka seka, Affo Love's Min si, and a couple of other coupe decale tracks that i can't really remember their titles, i know on one they keep going, 'boubaraba eh boubaraba', and the other is something like 'woloso azuebaguehi". oh and i almost forgot Bongos Ikwue's Otachi kpo kpo. actually there is a lot more, i hope this thread picks up.
Re: Those Songs You've Always Loved by iice(f): 10:23am On Sep 29, 2008
Bob Marley, still listen to them
Tracy Chapman - still listen to them
Making love out of nothing at all - air supply (i knew the tune but not the lyrics or who they were)

Will come back when i remember the others
Re: Those Songs You've Always Loved by slimghost(m): 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2008
Chadwick
Power mike

both by 77

Redemption song by Marley weed

Long john by 11 11
Re: Those Songs You've Always Loved by Gangsta101(m): 7:07pm On Oct 01, 2008
hi,
there's this yoruba song that i know is a nite club/band favorite, the problem is that i can't remember any of the words of the song, just that it has a catchy bassline which is something like , mi so mi so doh, mi so la1 do re doh doh doh, mi so la so la so doh, mi so la1 doh re doh doh doh. sorry i didn't correctly accentuate the music but i am hoping anyone that knows it will recognise the melody, i can't seem to get it out of my head, i just keep humming the thing.

(1) (Reply)

Blueprint 3 Leaked / K Solo Ft Gonga Lkt Scarf Dagrin Lord Of Ajasa / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.