Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,716 members, 7,965,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 07:11 PM

From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? (1603 Views)

Customer, Kingsley Obodo Wins Trip To London In The Konga-microsoft Lumia Promo / Microsoft Lumia & Konga Teamed Up To Send Consumers To London / Mtn Benin To Mtn Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by Mustay(m): 8:12am On Sep 28, 2008
From sports to Phones:

Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC?

`
ONE of Nigeria’s wealthiest entrepreneurs, Mike Adenuga Jnr, together with three others is said to be in a consortium of Nigerians lining up a bid for Newcastle United, an announcement is expected later today.

Mike Adenuga Jnr, who owns 100% of Globacom and has interests in real estate, the Equatorial Trust Bank and Conoil. Globacom serves 18-million subscribers, making it Nigeria’s largest operator after MTN. It also runs networks in Benin and Ghana.
“Mike is a businessman and loves soccer. He is already sponsoring the Nigerian league and it’s not unusual for him to have an interest in a team like Newcastle,” said a source from London

When pressed by the reporter to confirm whether the other partners are in the telecoms industry as well, the source said, “Let’s wait for the official announcement.”

Journal Live reported today that football agent Chris Nathaniel, of NVA Management, is fronting the consortium of businessmen from the West African country.
“We’re at the stage now where our end are doing the relevant security checks on the individuals who have the money,” Nathaniel, who is coordinating the bid, said. “We have a lawyer here who is doing those checks before finally submitting a bid to Newcastle.”

Nigerian media reports have said the consortium - whose members remain a closely guarded secret - have come up with 350 million pounds so far but want to find an additional 100-150 million to secure the deal.

Newcastle United have fallen foul of the fans after Keegan resigned saying he did not have full control over the buying and selling of players, Reuters said.
Nathaniel said that until the British lawyers had finalised their checks and drawn up the paperwork, it was difficult to say exactly how much money had been put forward. “We don’t know is the honest answer. We’re not going to know that until it’s lodged with the lawyers here,” he said.
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by toluxa1(m): 9:00am On Sep 28, 2008
I'm suspecting Dangote will be among the other three. The only reason i doubt that is that he is not involved in sports like the other we know now.
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by toluxa1(m): 9:01am On Sep 28, 2008
I'm suspecting Dangote will be among the other three. The only reason i doubt that is that he is not involved in sports like the other we know now.
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by flyuche(m): 10:37am On Sep 28, 2008
which dangote? he got a 3G licence the same time as glo, mtn,zain and before etisalat. he has not even erected one mast, you are talking of buying newcastle.
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by idupaul: 10:40am On Sep 28, 2008
i hope they succeed
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by topeteadr(m): 11:03am On Sep 28, 2008
Now tell me Mustay. . . You are here banned for not posting the full details of the story. . . . ''Mustay'' you hd beta tell me more on this or else I'll ''MUSTAY'' to ban you
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by samuelk(m): 11:13am On Sep 28, 2008
but what is Alheri or rather Dangote waiting for? Etisalat is even around
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by femzy(m): 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2008
hmmm, why don't these people just invest in this country
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by toluxa1(m): 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2008
I dont understand you guys comment on Dangote o. Is he now into Telecoms stuff?
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by Mustay(m): 1:00pm On Sep 28, 2008
yeah.

he is into telecoms too
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by toluxa1(m): 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2008
AH. I didnt know that oh. Does he have a network or what. Abi how is he into Telecoms?
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by Djcn: 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2008
@ poster can u give links for that news.

well, i'll prefer these guys to work at home cos there's still much work to be done. If half of that investment is pumped into globacom, forget it they ll become a world class brand. instead of buying some English clubs with millions of dollars they should work at home.
They should not compare themselves with those arabian guys, those guys have golden teeth and besides the economy of their country is well stabilized.
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by flyuche(m): 8:40pm On Sep 28, 2008
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by flyuche(m): 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2008
this guy has been selling sugar, rice, cement now he wants to start selling recharge cards.

Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by Mustay(m): 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2008
Djcn:

@ poster can u give links for that news.

The link is inherent in that post
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by semid4lyfe(m): 3:39am On Sep 29, 2008
Mustay,u dey do ojoro no be small o.If na anoda person post dis topic 4 dis scxn u 4 don move am.Any how sha,nottin do u as d knife & yam dey ur hand.
As 4 Adenuga,dat man no know wetin 2 do with em moni.Newcastle is heavily in debt,even worse than chelsea b4 roman bought d club & up till now d club is yet 2 declare profit despite winning every trophy apart 4rm d champions,so how e won take b 4 newcastle?
pls invest ur moni in improving services in naija & expanding glo in2 oda african countries & makin it a trully global nigerian brand.
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by semid4lyfe(m): 3:40am On Sep 29, 2008
Mustay,u dey do ojoro no be small o.If na anoda person post dis topic 4 dis scxn u 4 don move am.Any how sha,nottin do u as d knife & yam dey ur hand.
As 4 Adenuga,dat man no know wetin 2 do with em moni.Newcastle is heavily in debt,even worse than chelsea b4 roman bought d club & up till now d club is yet 2 declare profit despite winning every trophy apart 4rm d champions,so how e won take b 4 newcastle?
pls invest ur moni in improving services in naija & expanding glo in2 oda african countries & beyond,& makin it a trully global nigerian brand.
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by Mustay(m): 8:45am On Sep 29, 2008
Globacom is a telecoms firm, so how is that "ojoro" here?
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by samuelk(m): 9:11am On Sep 29, 2008
i think the guy is talking about the way you move topics
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by semid4lyfe(m): 10:19am On Sep 29, 2008
Samuelk,thank u ojare.Tell am make e hear.U have a good discerning mind.I stand 2 be corrected but dis thread is more suited 2 d sports scxn.
Oya ban me.
B-)B-)cryHeeeheeee
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by Mustay(m): 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2008
semid4lyfe:

Samuelk,thank u ojare.Tell am make e hear.U have a good discerning mind.I stand 2 be corrected but this thread is more suited to the sports scxn.

I suggest you read the first post well and understand please.
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by flyuche(m): 8:22am On Oct 02, 2008

Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by Djcn: 10:54am On Oct 08, 2008
The Chairman of Glob-acom Limited, Dr. Mike Adenuga Jr., has denied any link with a Nigerian consortium bidding for the take-over of English Premier League side, Newcastle United.
Adenuga said he had never at any time discussed nor met with any agent linked with the club.
A statement from Ade-nuga’s office described as false recent reports linking his name and business to the said transaction and warned that the public should discountenance the reports.
According to the statement, “the report linking the name and business of Dr. Mike Adenuga to the proposed take-over of Newcastle United is patently false and misleading. Dr. Adenuga is not part of any consortium bidding for Newcastle and he has never met any agent or group concerning the said take-over.”
The statement said for the avoidance of doubt, Adenuga was at present committed to raising the stature of African football and that explains his deep involvement in the sponsorship of the annual Glo-CAF Awards and readiness to sponsor other football events on the continent.
It also pointed out that Adenuga’s passion for African football had manifested in the sponsorship of the game in West Africa, noting that, “he will continue to support all agencies and stakeholders to ensure the continued development and promotion of the game across all levels on the continent”.
Globacom, founded by Adenuga, was in 2002 licensed as the Second National Carrier to operate a bouquet of telecommunications services and products in Nigeria.
The company, which has acquired over 20 million subscribers since it rolled out its mobile services in 2003 in Nigeria alone, has since expanded to other African countries such as Benin Republic and Ghana.
Globacom has been the Official Sponsor of the Nigeria Premier League known as the Globacom Premier League.
The firm is also the Official Sponsor of all the National Teams of Nigeria and exclusive official partner of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).
The sponsorship fee of the Globacom Premier League rose from N500 million for the first four years (2002-2006) to N4.2 billion for the next four years (2006-2010).

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=124582
Re: From Benin To London: Glo Bids For Newcastle Fc Too? by tck2000(m): 11:06pm On May 30, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Uk (almost New) Used Blackberry Phones For Sale / Blackberry Empathy-what Can U Say About This New Bb? / Airtel Reloads 500% Bonus Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.