Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,215 members, 7,873,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:56 PM

How Do I Keep A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Keep A Relationship? (869 Views)

My Babe Is Pregnant And Am Unemployed; Should I Keep The Baby? / Why Do I Keep Seing My Ex Gf In My Dreams / Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Keep A Relationship? by olajimi07(m): 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2008
i have ben havinfg problem with most of relationship cos i do not know how to care for them,becos i thinks they come and go
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by sistawoman: 1:54pm On Sep 29, 2008
I dont think i really understand your question?

Unless you will be locking the person up in your basement there is now way to make a person stay. You must be who you are and either they will accept you as you are or they wont. There is no need to pretend to be someone else because you will not be able to hold up the pretences for too long.

Just love them the way you would want to be loved. Treat them the way you would want to be treated. Treat them like you would want someone to treat your mom or sister or aunt or grandmother.

And if ur female then treat them like you would want someone to treat your dad, brother, uncles or grandfather.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Does this open you to hurt? Yes. But i would love no other way. Either i am all in or all out.
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by sesman(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2008
sistawoman:

I don't think i really understand your question?

Unless you will be locking the person up in your basement there is now way to make a person stay. You must be who you are and either they will accept you as you are or they wont. There is no need to pretend to be someone else because you will not be able to hold up the pretences for too long.

Just love them the way you would want to be loved. Treat them the way you would want to be treated. Treat them like you would want someone to treat your mom or sister or aunt or grandmother.

And if ur female then treat them like you would want someone to treat your dad, brother, uncles or grandfather.

Does this open you to hurt? Yes. But i would love no other way. Either i am all in or all out.

Well said. I concur , Good advice sisterhood grin
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by olajimi07(m): 4:33pm On Sep 29, 2008
what i trying to say is no matter how hard i try to treat  them  the best way i want to be treated i still find out that i loose every thing at my own expense.for example:the longest relationship i have had is four month old.and care for them i way i care for my blood sister
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by jaybee3(m): 4:35pm On Sep 29, 2008
How many have you had?
Have you tried letting things flow naturally?
What does the word "care" mean in your dating dictionary?
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by tope2000(f): 4:45pm On Sep 29, 2008
sistawoman:

I don't think i really understand your question?

well said sis kiss
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by olajimi07(m): 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2008
I went to my friend’s wedding last night and it was so nice. I ended up taking my mother with me because I didn’t have a date to go with anymore, but that was cool because I had a great time with her. It was nice to sit and relax with someone that smiled. Even though she probably would have rather been home, it was great to have her,but later she complian of my not being able to keep one
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by sistawoman: 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2008
olajimi07:

what i trying to say is no matter how hard i try to treat  them  the best way i want to be treated i still find out that i loose every thing at my own expense.for example:the longest relationship i have had is four month old.and care for them i way i care for my blood sister

There is nothing you can do if the person is not ment for you.

Despite all your best efforts to show them what real love feels like looks like and acts like if they are not ready for YOUR love they never will be.

Do you really know how many failed relationships the average person will go thru before they find the one?
I read someplace, cant find my source right now, that the average male has 5-10 whereas the avarege female has from 10-15 failed attepts at finding love.

With each failed attempt you build your list of what you want and dont want in your ultimate mate.

You must kiss alot of toads, deal with a few chicken heads before you find that match that GOD has waiting for you.
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by dayokanu(m): 6:32pm On Sep 29, 2008
You cant keep a relationship? That means you dont have a job or you are broke.

The moment you are loaded the gal would worry about keeping the relationship. not you.
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by Cristalz(f): 7:03pm On Sep 29, 2008
dayokanu:

You can't keep a relationship? That means you don't have a job or you are broke.

The moment you are loaded the girl would worry about keeping the relationship. not you.

Behold the shallow-minded tongue
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On Sep 29, 2008
Keep deceiving yourself No money No relationship Period!!!
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by Cristalz(f): 8:26pm On Sep 29, 2008
Seems you've had a really bad experience,dk undecided . . .take heart,not all girlz are like that grin
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by sistawoman: 8:43pm On Sep 29, 2008
Where the mind goes the body will sure follow.

If you have predisposition your mind to believe that every woman you meet is after money then you are doomed for failure from the start.

But if in fact you approach every relationship as a separate realionship and not relevant to the one before it then you have a higher rate of success.

The love game is one in which you are bound to get hurt and be neglected, which in turn helps us really appreciate it when he get the love we give back in return.

I hope that you learn to soften your heart and give love another shot or two. The payoff is sooooooo worth it.
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by Abuseay(m): 8:59pm On Sep 29, 2008
sistawoman wassup?? been some days i came on this land ooo, Now that am back.i just dey see ur footprints everywhere i turn to, na wa oo,

And for the poster, well, i think u need a Good job, and leave relationship for now, stay focused, ur true love is coming , and will spot u out in no time, just be yourself all the way, Shikena!
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by sistawoman: 9:04pm On Sep 29, 2008
Abuseay:

sistawoman wassup?? been some days i came on this land ooo, Now that am back.i just dey see ur footprints everywhere i turn to, na wa oo,

What sup sweetie. I have been hiding, hanging out, dealing with family stuff. You know we have to chat, get back to the lessons and catch up maybe tomorrow night after work. Tonight i just want to go home and crash. Hubby is coming home early from work to spend some much needed R&R at home with his wifey.
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by Abuseay(m): 10:06pm On Sep 29, 2008
AAaaaawww, so nice to know ure doing great, and thanks for being there, for the nairalanders, lol, cheers, talk tomorwz, am always hiding too, so a nudge or Buzz will do, God Bless U, Regds to Hubby, and Kids,
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by fiz(m): 11:28pm On Sep 29, 2008
@ Poster,

You r not alone as i'm having that same problem also, my longest r/ship was just 8months, and believe me i'm no player, just that i get fed up of my partner all of a sudden,
Re: How Do I Keep A Relationship? by A40(m): 1:47am On Sep 30, 2008
dayokanu:

Keep deceiving yourself No money No relationship Period!!!
How does that Good old saying go? There is no romance without finance

Or the ladies all time favorite You got to have a J.O.B if you wanna be with me tongue

(1) (Reply)

Heartbreak Wahala / Dangerous Ladies / The World Is Ending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.