Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,243 members, 7,887,692 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:24 PM

Please Help Me! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help Me! (697 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me! by CrudeOil2(m): 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2008
OK.It is about my DVD/CD ROM driver.I use an Acer laptop(3690 Series). My DVD/CD driver has stopped playing CD's and DVD's since today, it seems like the CD's dont spin when they are inserted. I checked my device manager and the Optiarc driver is working properly. I dont know what to do now. I have restored the system numerous times but it did not help matters.
Please if you have any solution, please help me out.
I bought the laptop Eight months ago.
Re: Please Help Me! by samir101ng(m): 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2008
It seems you have a hardware problem with your optical drive. If an inserted disc is not spinning it means the motor that is spinning the cd is having a problem. My best advice is to take it to a qualified repair shop.
Re: Please Help Me! by TmeD0(m): 2:22am On Sep 30, 2008
@ poster,  chances are your optical drive might have gone bad.  However, before you conclude that, try to see if there's a firmware upgrade for your drive from the drive's manufacturer's site.  Just out of curiosity, does it happen to a particular CD/DVD or just any media you insert in the drive?  If the problem occurs when you're using a burned blank CD/DVD media, note the brand of the media and try another brand to see if the drive will recognize it.  You said you've only had the notebook for 8 months, which means it should still be under manufacturer's warranty.  I'll try to have them replace it rather than dishing out some dough to fix the problem.  Good luck.  Peace!

(1) (Reply)

To Wikkyanny / Specialized Laptop With Pda(real Time Sattelite Imagery) / Download Avast Profession Lisence Keys For 4.8 Version 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.