Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,115 members, 7,943,026 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:05 PM

Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? (903 Views)

Official Iphone Unlocking Service (Iphone 3g, 3gs, 4, 4s, 5, Ipad) All Network / Iphone 3g 16gb For Sale @ Abuja / Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by moonraker(m): 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2008
i was going through the apple website recently http://www.apple.com/iphone/countries/
and guess what? nigeria isnt in the plans of apple at all. instead, you have countries like mail and madagascar?? WTF
am i missing something here.
if i remember correctly, all the mobile phone operators have 3G up and running and even more. the iphone uses 3G+ (a special name is assigned to it, HSPA i think)
what do you guys think?? what the hell is going on??
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by logica(m): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2008
probably they couldn't find a carrier that could sell using the sales strategy they employed in the US, and other supported countries. as soon as they start selling the phone unlocked, then many countries including nigeria will feature.
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by arsenal4va(m): 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2008
@ logica , this guy how fahh ??
i believe the unlocked 3g is out ,

i just ordered mine last week , white 3g 16gb
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by ExInferis(m): 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2008
@Logica

you are probably right. ours are operators who think short-term immediate profits. the concept of subsidizing expensive phones and offering them with data plans and contract fees may not entirely agree with their business models. i mean the blackberry is offered with a data plan and unsubdsidized and thus very few people actually bought them.
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by logica(m): 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2008
@arsenal,

from hong-kong or where?

@moonraker,

by the way the acronym is HSDPA.
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by arsenal4va(m): 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2008
am in Belgium at the moment and ordered it from an apple shop here , the black ones were out of stock , so am getting the white one
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by logica(m): 1:29pm On Oct 01, 2008
4 real? i know they r sold without contract in switzerland (and that's the cheapest place to buy so far). r you sure they r unlocked? did you also try switzerland (swisscom)? how much were you charged for the order? i wouldn't ever buy the white one!
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by arsenal4va(m): 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2008
yeah am sure , heard about swisscom also , am paying a total of 600 euro , so it better be unlocked , otherwise i am goin to kill them , lol

will get it before the end of the week so will let u know
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by logica(m): 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2008
i will be surprised if it's unlocked. it's probably just that expensive because you are purchasing without a contract. from what i heard, the only place it is currently being sold unlocked is hong-kong. by the way it's 519 euros in switzerland.

i just added you to my yahoo. i yabbed u on facebook because u scored 2/10 in that premiership match scores thing you did.  grin
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by arsenal4va(m): 5:21pm On Oct 01, 2008
thx for the heads up , will go to shop tomorrow and find out better , shall keep u posted ,

man that week was a tough one oooo, my personal worst scorewink) lol
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by globalpowe(m): 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2008

Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by logica(m): 9:06am On Oct 02, 2008
please don't come in here 2 confuse those who don't know what the real iphone is. you have done well to create your own thread.
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by Donseaun(m): 10:26am On Oct 02, 2008
Nairaland chatroom
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by Fadajasi(m): 8:16am On Oct 03, 2008
Hehe
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by arsenal4va(m): 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2008
@logica

just got back from the apple shop and they reassured me that the phones are totally unlocked , here in belgium and can be used anywhere , so am still on scheule to get it ,

they are also available in portugal and swiss , but the ones in swiss cud be on country lock ,
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by logica(m): 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2008
cool. we need 2 talk asap. how can we exchange digits or maybe chat? i added u on yahoo but u r not coming up. is that ur digits in belgium on facebk?
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by logica(m): 12:22pm On Oct 07, 2008
dude, wey u? abi na arsenal poor form dey affect u like this? grin
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by arsenal4va(m): 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2008
yo , ; sry have been out for a couple of days , anyways just got back to belgium today and will go to the shop tomorrow to pick it up , will let u know if they have more pieces as i had to order mine,

lol @ arsenal poor form, e dey affect me ooo , no bi small
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by luckyme9(f): 9:50am On Oct 08, 2008
I just got mine in the us with AT&T service for $200 . I found out there is a way to unlock it now, just like ant other gsm . Go to to your utube & search for it. Let me know how it works for
Re: Iphone 3g Not Coming To Naija Any Soon: Why? by honsule(m): 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2008

(1) (Reply)

Help! Help! Help! / Partners And Distributors Of Mobile Phones Wanted In Lagos Nigeria / Playbook Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.