Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,496 members, 7,885,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

Crying For Urgent Help On My Buz - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Crying For Urgent Help On My Buz (666 Views)

URGENT HELP! Shortcuts All Over My Folders In My Laptop. / Urgent!help On Getting Ms Office Effective Use Manual / Urgent Help: How Can I Pay For Aweber Or Getresponse Email Marketing Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crying For Urgent Help On My Buz by kismond: 10:33pm On Oct 01, 2008
fellow landers,
my cafe is giving me serious problem and i cant really discover what is causing the problem. some systems will just restart themselves without been restarted shocked.some disconnect from the timer and never to connect again for the next few days.am using a bandwidth that can support 28 systems,burstable to 32 system.with only 10 systems and 5 users at times,the signal will just be misbehaving.i tot i was from the ISP( GILAT thr KIT TECHNOLOGIES) that i use.i compared with my counterpart that uses thesame ISP and it was not like that. the whole thing don tire me.

pls,i need professional advice on how to set up a good LAN in a cafe,how to manage the systems and would not mind if i can get a good network/system in my locality here( ile ife,osun state) i will not hesitate to work with d engineer.

fellow landers,pls help me out on this problem cos am making big lose everyday.i know there are professionals in the house.i need u now so that i don't get frustrated out the market.
Re: Crying For Urgent Help On My Buz by kiwi992(m): 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2008
Mate,

Your problem doesn't sound like a connectivity issue to me.

You said:

some systems will just restart themselves without been restarted .some disconnect from the timer and never to connect again for the next few days.

Classic signs of a virus-infected system.  I have the feeling that some people might have downloaded and extracted files that are infected by virus (remember it's an Internet Cafe).

Even if there are what you call 'signal issues', the computers should never shut down or re-boot automatically.  Neither should they disconnect automatically from the usage timer.

Best thing is to deal with one problem at a time before going on to the connectivity issues, if any.  Here's what I suggest that you do:

1.  Install a good anti-virus software on all the computers when your customers have gone home.  Possibly at night.  If you haven't got any anti-virus software, go get the latest version of 'AVG Free Edition'.  It's very good.

2.  Whilst at it, also get Zone Alarm (the latest one) and install it on all the machines.  It's also free.

After installing the above-mentioned, scan all the machines and then re-boot.  See how it goes and report back asap.  Don't worry, everything would be sorted

Good luck.

kiwi992.

(1) (Reply)

Crazy Browser/Video Glitich:Prison Break Season 4 / How To Fix Up Your Dull Computer / Which Os Can You Use Efficiently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.