Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,964 members, 7,949,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 04:45 AM

Schzophrenia Does It Kill? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Schzophrenia Does It Kill? (913 Views)

Eating 7 Bananas: Will It Kill You? / What Is Ebola And Why Does It Kill? (a Must Read) / Adam's Desire! Does It Realy Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Schzophrenia Does It Kill? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2008
please i am schizophrenic. I need a doctor or someone who knows he is to post and lets share experiences.it is worst than aids because your body will not just sweet you at all and does it kill
Re: Schzophrenia Does It Kill? by mayorking(m): 1:51am On Oct 02, 2008
ecomog08,
It is really good to see that you are seeking the necessary information needed for your medical condition.
Well, to answer your question directly, schizophrenia does not kill directly.
However, because of the nature of the illness it affects the individuals thinking process and understanding expecially if the person is not on medications.Many people with schizophrenia sometimes dont believe there is anything wrong with them and as such they dont comply with their medication.Some also stop the medication when they think that they are okay.As such they are prone to relapses which makes the condition gets worse.
I will do a series on schizophrenia on my blog very soon bacause of this question.
Watch out!
Re: Schzophrenia Does It Kill? by morpheus24: 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2008
ecomog08:

please i am schizophrenic. I need a doctor or someone who knows he is to post and lets share experiences.it is worst than aids because your body will not just sweet you at all and does it kill

if you are serious in your diagnosis then know the illness does not kill you. It however distorts your thinking process and you will tend to have delusional thougts and other associcated symptoms. Find medication that works for you and learn everything you can about your ailment as this improves your chances of recovery.

Also find a good support group and stay aay form people who don't help your situation.
Re: Schzophrenia Does It Kill? by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 06, 2008
thanks but i'll like to know the kind of medication i need and the drugs to take
Re: Schzophrenia Does It Kill? by mi3(f): 4:22pm On Oct 15, 2008
grin if one personality decides the other one is a threat to its life and tries to kill it? hehe,

I'm sorry if that sounded insensitive.i couldn't resist,

I read this novel where the main character was schizophrenic, and they dealt with it through therapy, so that's my suggestion; apart from the drugs recommended by your physician, regular theraphy sessions with a psychologist are crucial, and about the other thing.i don't think it kills. especially not directly, it may be possible for a person to have an accident while they are in a trance or hallucinating or whatever, but the condition itself is not mortal, just reeally annoying, i can imagine

(1) (Reply)

Help Please, Severe Back Pain / Pelvic Inflammatory Disease And Pregnancy / Ten (10) Habits You Must Quit Ifyou Want To Be Happy [MUSTREAD]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.