Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,746 members, 7,915,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 04:11 PM

Happy Mikel - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Happy Mikel (909 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance / Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Mikel by dontap: 6:18pm On Oct 03, 2008
I AM HAPPY AT CHEALSEA SAID MIKEL.

John Mikel Obi insists he made the right choice to choose Chelsea over Manchester United - and the midfielder now has sights on his first Premier League title.

Mikel, 21, was at the centre of an ugly tug-of-war between the two clubs and was pictured with a United shirt until the matter was resolved, at the cost of around £16million, and he made his Chelsea debut two years ago.

http://www.sportfederation..com
Re: Happy Mikel by Tatase(f): 9:46pm On Oct 03, 2008
I think we're (ManUtd) equally happy he didn't come. Such a badly-behaved player. Always getting carded.
Re: Happy Mikel by 9ja4eva: 11:24pm On Oct 04, 2008
He is not happy,he is just acting like he is happy.

We don't need him in Manchester United
Re: Happy Mikel by chidichris(m): 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2008
i hope you man u fans are aware the case in Norway went mikel's way so u are mearnt to pay back the money dash u guys last time.
the guy is making his fucking money and playing his games over there and u are here dying in envy.
mikel na the guy of the moment.
remember he is the hottest nigerian player at the moment.
the no 1 super eagles candidate in europe.
Re: Happy Mikel by Tatase(f): 7:18pm On Oct 05, 2008
chidichris:

i hope you Manchester United fans are aware the case in Norway went mikel's way so u are mearnt to pay back the money dash u guys last time.
the guy is making his fucking money and playing his games over there and u are here dying in envy.
mikel na the guy of the moment.
remember he is the hottest nigerian player at the moment.
the no 1 super eagles candidate in europe.

what does that have to do with anything? please we're not talking about the super eagles we're talking premiership. and as far as hotness unless you're talking about fineness, i don't think so. yak though inconsistent is having a good start to the season. Ok to be fair, Mikel had an ok-ish game against Villa today but he has not been much more than a how-for-do midfielder in his time at chelsea like if deco and essien are fit which one is he hoping to displace? or abi he wants to take over from lampard, j. cole or ballak? Abeg jare! He might be making money but at least we're not the ones forking the change over for his erratic behavior and poor tackling skills. Please please i think we will manage with what we have and as for mikel, I call it a lucky escape, a blessing from God, chelsea is more than welcome to him.
Re: Happy Mikel by X2X(m): 7:28pm On Oct 05, 2008
Tatase:

what does that have to do with anything? please we're not talking about the super eagles we're talking premiership. and as far as hotness unless you're talking about fineness, i don't think so. yak though inconsistent is having a good start to the season. Ok to be fair, Mikel had an ok-ish game against Villa today but he has not been much more than a how-for-do midfielder in his time at chelsea like if deco and essien are fit which one is he hoping to displace? or abi he wants to take over from lampard, j. cole or ballak? Abeg jare! He might be making money but at least we're not the ones forking the change over for his erratic behavior and poor tackling skills. Please please i think we will manage with what we have and as for mikel, I call it a lucky escape, a blessing from God, chelsea is more than welcome to him.

I such a shame. It is only the black man that so recklessly hates his own kind.

Go to International sports forums and boards and see how people lavish praises
on the boy, yet we, his fellow country men are more than happy to slaughter him.
Re: Happy Mikel by Tatase(f): 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2008
why must we be like this? why can't we be objective? Is it because he's Nigerian, he's automatically the best at his team? If he's good I'm more than happy to say he's good, whatever team he plays at. I'm just keeping it real. I don't think we need to be bringing race into it. What is true is true, black or white. I certainly don't waste feelings of hate on him. I said why I didn't like him and I don't think it had anything to do with him being black. Moreover maybe you should ask him why he doesn't like Nigeria and why answering when he's called to the National Team is always such a big drama for him.
Re: Happy Mikel by shilling(f): 11:51am On Oct 06, 2008
I'm a Man Utd fan, but I've got a thing for Mikel so if he's happy (or says he's happy), I'm happy too!
Re: Happy Mikel by chidichris(m): 2:48pm On Oct 11, 2008
Tatase,
if mikel is not gud, of what need is he to the national team? why must we bother ourselves with his coming or not coming?
on the other hand, u are surposed to be a woman so it will pay u more to think abt better lip sticks in the market and the latest gossip in town than wasting ur time on a game u know nothing abt.
furthermore, u are surposed to be in new orlands, why don't u think of hurricane and catheriner then if u like sports that much, u will do better discussing venus and serena williams but if u like men's things, think of basketball or american football.
my reasons:
1. the guy mikel turned ferguson into an emergency mad man when he said i will not paly for man u.
2. this guy mikel made chelsea to share money to all parties.
3. if not for norwegian court, mikel has a record financial gain for man u and ferguson in terms of transfer businesses as he was bought at 4 million and sold out at 16 million within months.
4. this guy mikel has self blief that he can walk were the high and holies are working - chelsea with all the stars.
5. in our club chelsea, there are midfielders we call holding midfielders and makalele was the man known with this role and today maka is no longer there so mikel has proved to be the best replacement no deco, not messi, not pele and not micheal jackson but mikel.
6. if u know the chelsea's formation, u will always see ur brother - mikel sitting and standing alone in between the midfielders and the defenders. baby, in our defence, u will have like four, midfield, u will see like three while in attack u will see like two but if u go holding department, u will always meet the big man. u can call him the pivot that is if u are science inclined. call him a distributor if u are into trading. he is like the executive arm for those who are into politics.
7. above all my dear, he is the only nigerian player in the top four clubs in england.
8. i want to believe that if u will drop ur sentiments and frustrations, watch the guy when he plays and listen to commentators, u will begin to appreciate what we have.

i hope that with these few points of mine, i have been able to convience and not confuss u on the relevance of mikel as a chelsea player and a SUPER - super eagles.
Re: Happy Mikel by nyabinghi(m): 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2008
Mikel is good no doubt, but he is not needed in United, he is docile and not type of player United needs, he hardly drives forward, playing like an old school type of holding midfielder, see roy keane and vieria and redondo for a solid type of holding midfielders, they scored goals in droves. Mikel is best for chelsea where he plays more like a programmed robot.
I am red devil i don't care what mikel does in chelsea, i am bothered about anderson, scholes,fletcher,hargo et al.
Re: Happy Mikel by chidichris(m): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2008
Nyabingo,
i can say ur status from the way u sound.
the most unfortunate thing abt it all is that mikel as a person does not know if ur type of person mutiply by 100 exists or not.
if u are a man u fan as u are claiming, how are u saying he is not needed in man u when ur coach was going to die loosing mikel to mourinho.
better be a man and appreciate the good things of life so that good things will come ur ways.
have a wonderful day

(1) (Reply)

Martins Wins Court Case / Wimbledon Quarter - Finals: Jo-winfried - Tsonga Upsets Roger Federer / 2012 London Olympic, Blessing Okagbere Race final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.