Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,443 members, 7,884,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

NYSC 2014 Batch B House - NYSC (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2014 Batch B House (627094 Views)

NYSC 2015 Batch B House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House / NYSC 2013 Batch B House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (925) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by reel14: 8:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
hi NLers, are we to down to our various schools for our call-up letter collection or what? thanks.
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by mikedimeji(m): 8:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
Good evening fellow corpers
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by reel14: 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2014
hi NLers, are we to down to our various schools for our call-up letter collection or what? thanks.
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Samguine: 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2014
Okay..I am currently reading a book "Serving The Nation Without Regrets," written by Fola Tunde Oyediran and I found some useful points which I would like to share here. wink

*How To Find And Fulfill Purpose In Service

1) Accept the Land of Your Posting: The first key to fulfilling purpose in any place you are sent is to accept the land. You cannot succeed in a place until you accept the land and the people. It is a principle, when you believe in a land through acceptance, whatever you sow on that land would yield it's increase a hundred folds.

2) Adapt to the Situation of the Land: Adaptation and happiness are matters of choice and decision but not of convenience. Adaptation entails making necessary adjustments to make you become accustomed to the environment, the people, the culture and their way of doing things.

3) Announce Your Identity: A very important key to serving in an environment full of diverse cultural and religious beliefs is the declaration of your identity. Let them see in you a sense of purpose, a distinction from other people who have been there before you.

4)Appreciating the People of The Land: Appreciating the people of the land is key to successful service. Do not parade yourself as someone who is the most educated in the world. It doesn't matter the level of backwardness and illiteracy you encounter, when you appreciate them, they appreciate you too. Humility pays.

5)Apply Your Skills: You must be willing to apply the skills you have acquired over the years spent in school to better the life of your host community. Any corper with a sense of purpose would always look for an opportunity to invest his or her skills in others since if you don't use your skills, they would depreciate.

Thanks for taking time to read. #MoreToCome #B14 #August5th #teamOAU

2 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by rhazur(m): 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
tutulicious: Rhazur looking at ya!

Forgot about me sad
Wow......**who is dis am seeing** whats gud gal..no vex jare,u sef been no dey show ere now. Hope u are gud??B-)
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by TiffanyJ(f): 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
Jimwalex:
u are highly welcm sis..tell us a bit more abt ya..d school n d school u rep
tnx sir for welcoming me. I am a graduate of ABU zaria.
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Bazinga(m): 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
ken43: 40k,call up number is required.

U be thief ni? 40k for wat na?
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Samguine: 8:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
Darkchocolate: .
Go charge your gadget smiley
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Smeeky(m): 8:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
Miner13:

Abeg i don swap you go yabaleft. angry

comot make see front
who be this local champion angry

2 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Samguine: 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
mikedimeji: Good evening fellow corpers
Boss cool
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Footlocker(m): 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
Miner13:

No need to quarrel.
but
i guess you are a dolt ,clown and a dullard
quarrel with who are you a human! You may be living but are you alive! Go and look for money or something! I've not seen you make a single comment about nysc! You came here to make noise! Next time you jump on a thread be calm about it! cool
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by highman01: 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2014
What is this thread about please, can somebody tell me?
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Bazinga(m): 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2014
Miner13:

waoh!

good to meet you here

how are you doing

Am fine o. Though not too happy we missed B14, our results weren't ready on time. So its nw C14 by nov. Ve u served?
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by mikedimeji(m): 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2014
TiffanyJ:
tnx sir for welcoming me. I am a graduate of ABU zaria.

Fellow ABUSITE (naturally ahead) u are welcome on board. Sir Jimwalex I greet u ooo
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by henryubani(m): 8:27pm On Jul 04, 2014
Make una welcome me oh,,,batch B 14 all the way...here we come, God guide us all
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Footlocker(m): 8:27pm On Jul 04, 2014
Bazinga:

U be thief ni? 40k for wat na?
. grin. Mr bazinga how much should it be?
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Smeeky(m): 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2014
Footlocker: . how could I forget! Oh yeah I lost your number and your BBPIN what was it again??
somebody is stepping into the Lion's den#whistling#
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by TiffanyJ(f): 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2014
mikedimeji:

Fellow ABUSITE (naturally ahead) u are welcome on board. Sir Jimwalex I greet u ooo
tnx sir
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Samguine: 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
Smeeky: she went to bring her handbag..you know women with their bags wink
Oh...I see. The contents in an average woman's bag should sustain them for 32 years even on planet Mars undecided. Anyways, when she comes online, buzz me so I can do the needful. And not to worry, I'll be careful grin
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Bazinga(m): 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2014
mikedimeji:

An ex abusite is here too. U04 to be precise.
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2014
Samguine: Okay..I am currently reading a book "Serving The Nation Without Regrets," written by Fola Tunde Oyediran and I found some useful points which I would like to share here. wink

*How To Find And Fulfill Purpose In Service

1) Accept the Land of Your Posting: The first key to fulfilling purpose in any place you are sent is to accept the land. You cannot succeed in a place until you accept the land and the people. It is a principle, when you believe in a land through acceptance, whatever you sow on that land would yield it's increase a hundred folds.

2) Adapt to the Situation of the Land: Adaptation and happiness are matters of choice and decision but not of convenience. Adaptation entails making necessary adjustments to make you become accustomed to the environment, the people, the culture and their way of doing things.

3) Announce Your Identity: A very important key to serving in an environment full of diverse cultural and religious beliefs is the declaration of your identity. Let them see in you a sense of purpose, a distinction from other people who have been there before you.

4)Appreciating the People of The Land: Appreciating the people of the land is key to successful service. Do not parade yourself as someone who is the most educated in the world. It doesn't matter the level of backwardness and illiteracy you encounter, when you appreciate them, they appreciate you too. Humility pays.

5)Apply Your Skills: You must be willing to apply the skills you have acquired over the years spent in school to better the life of your host community. Any corper with a sense of purpose would always look for an opportunity to invest his or her skills in others since if you don't use your skills, they would depreciate.

Thanks for taking time to read. #MoreToCome #B14 #August5th #teamOAU
be vigilate too,your safety should come 1st.
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Samguine: 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2014
henryubani: Make una welcome me oh,,,batch B 14 all the way...here we come, God guide us all
Welcome bro. Feel free to enjoy yourself. wink
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Samguine: 8:35pm On Jul 04, 2014
zerray: be vigilate too,your safety should come 1st.
Of course...being vigilant is your number one act especially for those that are posted to states saturated with Boko di Oxide sad
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Bazinga(m): 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2014
Footlocker: . grin. Mr bazinga how much should it be?

Ma dear its not funny o. Something wey dem dey do am free of charge if u knw person? At least 10k or 15k. 40k fit pay one and half session schl fees for d uni wey I go o. No be joke o. E too much
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Footlocker(m): 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2014
Smeeky: somebody is stepping into the Lion's den#whistling#
. Hmm normally what you jus said = #explosion! But for the sake of a smeeky footlocker alliance ill consider standing down!
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by traecey(f): 8:39pm On Jul 04, 2014
macuwon:
sweet sori o.. I tot i answered u before...
Enuqu is the sweetest town i know... Peacefull,secured,developed,trendy,beautiful and lively...
Jst that water is a minor problem...
Bt am talkn abt d town ooo.
Plus it has many tertiary institutions even in town.
tx dear
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by ken43: 8:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
Footlocker: have you had any customers from nairaland yet?
not yet,I just put it here today.But I have gotten a few from people around me who I told of it.
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by ewosk: 8:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
highman01: What is this thread about please, can somebody tell me?

just for inFORmation and InFUNnation....

By the way "Na who u be''
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Meeky(m): 8:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
tutulicious:

Wow dear, I see u too. Longest time, we are good to Go! Goood! gooood!! Gooood!!! to go
!!!...
yes baby
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
rhazur:
How i go see fyn gurl lyk you no do background check. Well sha i knw your sister(iya amirah) and your broda
lool!!! My sis wants to know you o! She said who is u Meanwhile my elder bro had a baby girl yesterday! So introduce urself.
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Footlocker(m): 8:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
Bazinga:

Ma dear its not funny o. Something wey dem dey do am free of charge if u knw person? At least 10k or 15k. 40k fit pay one and half session schl fees for d uni wey I go o. No be joke o. E too much
laugh won tear my belle! I've serving already anyway I was trying get idea of how much he was offering out he's service for! As for it being free! Well I no how much we paid during our time! I even decided to sell the service then! Clearly it's not for everybody! This countries rough if you don't no someone you need BREAD it's one of the two or nuffin for you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (925) (Reply)

NYSC 2013 Batch C Corp Members House / NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members / Your NYSC Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.