Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,654 members, 7,889,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:53 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (943675 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:16am On Jun 19, 2019
penger:
I recently noticed some sound when shifting gear in my Toyota Camry 2009 and also becomes a little hard, I went to my mechanic to check it he said I need to top the ATF.
Will it be advisable to top it or just to drain everything out and fill it with new ATF

Use the dipstick, place a drop of oil on your head lamp, and take a picture. Upload it let me see

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eghuan1(m): 7:25am On Jun 19, 2019
Morning. My aunt bought a brand new Honda city back in 2008. Till last week, there has never been any case to open the engine for once.
Last week, I notice engine oil on the top sides of the engine cover and the mechanic said its the oil seal, which I gave him money to buy.

So I was with him when he opened the engine cover and the sludge build up was massive. He advised me to buy an engine flush so we can flush the sludge out but I should hold on till Tue next service.

I went online and read how this works, the after effect on the car and I decided not to door it again. My question now, is there any other way if getting this sludge out without using chemicals because I understand that using the hot oil method may not necessarily clear it properly.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:32am On Jun 19, 2019
eghuan1:
Morning. My aunt bought a brand new Honda city back in 2008. Till last week, there has never been any case to open the engine for once.
Last week, I notice engine oil on the top sides of the engine cover and the mechanic said its the oil seal, which I gave him money to buy.

So I was with him when he opened the engine cover and the sludge build up was massive. He advised me to buy an engine flush so we can flush the sludge out but I should hold on till Tue next service.

I went online and read how this works, the after effect on the car and I decided not to door it again. My question now, is there any other way if getting this sludge out without using chemicals because I understand that using the hot oil method may not necessarily clear it properly.

Your Aunty has not been changing oil at the right time, also it's possible thermostat and fans have been abused.

There is nothing you should do. Shorten the oil drain intervals, if the vehicle is a 8plugs engine is 50k if it is 4plugs it is 75k, the engine no cost grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by cumlord(m): 7:34am On Jun 19, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

20w50 or 15w50 total.
Thank you very much
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by penger: 8:24am On Jun 19, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Use the dipstick, place a drop of oil on your head lamp, and take a picture. Upload it let me see
Here...

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ayanfeeledumare(m): 9:23am On Jun 19, 2019
Waiting for your response.

ayanfeeledumare:
GAZZUZZ, please i will need a good portable scanner too.
Thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by henrygale(m): 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2019
Thanks for your responses.
Kindly help check the below link if it's what you are talking about so I can know what exactly to direct my mechanic to check pls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9YIWxi92gM

Or s the vct actuator the sensor-like thing that has a wire fused to it's head?

GAZZUZZ:

It looses oil pressure when parked. It will not throw a code.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:25pm On Jun 19, 2019
henrygale:
Thanks for your responses.
Kindly help check the below link if it's what you are talking about so I can know what exactly to direct my mechanic to check pls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9YIWxi92gM
[s]
Or s the vct actuator the sensor-like thing that has a wire fused to it's head?[/s]

You Go buy data o!

yes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Richfineboy: 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
Please my car has been vibrating when parked, and much when engaging the gear or loading the AC while it is at rest, i got my mechanic to checked for the engine and transmission mount which are all compact, please what should i do to resolve the problem as all effort to detect it prove otherwise.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwaseunla(m): 5:42pm On Jun 19, 2019
Richfineboy:
Please my car has been vibrating when parked, and much when engaging the gear or loading the AC while it is at rest, i got my mechanic to checked for the engine and transmission mount which are all compact, please what should i do to resolve the problem as all effort to detect it prove otherwise.

What car?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Richfineboy: 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2019
oluwaseunla:

What car?

Nissan Tiida 07
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Richfineboy: 6:54pm On Jun 19, 2019

Please someone should help me.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by femilambor007(m): 10:06pm On Jun 19, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

You Go buy data o!

yes

Brother, When can I bring my 05 Camry with 161k mileage for servicing.

And what is the budget like.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ifebazz(m): 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2019
Gazzuzz, please, is Ford Edge a viable car in Nigeria? How's the running costs and spare parts availability like? Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by henrygale(m): 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2019
Lol.....u deserve it tho.
Thanks boss.
Still wanna watch it a while coz it seems it reduced after servicing the car.
GAZZUZZ:

You Go buy data o!

yes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jclave22(m): 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2019
Andy automobile,
We convert and sale all kinds of Suzuki, Daihatsu, trucks and Toyota hiace.. Tel.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Autospect1(m): 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2019
Don't take the risk of buying a car without inspection. Autospect offers pre purchase vehicle inspection service to intended car buyers across Nigeria. Call/whatsapp 08051807665

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kaz4sure2015: 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2019
Dear Guru on the house

Kindly advise on the following

My Lexus es350 airbag light on the dashboard always come up whenever I enter potholes , and if I turn off the engine and restart it, the light will disappear but will suddenly come up whenever I enter into pothole

Note: I don’t experience this when driving on a smooth road

Kindly advise on the possible causes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 5:24pm On Jun 23, 2019
kaz4sure2015:
Dear Guru on the house

My Lexus es350 airbag light on the dashboard always come up whenever I enter potholes , and if I turn off the engine and restart it, the light will disappear but will suddenly come up whenever I enter into pothole

Loose connection or wire short
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kaz4sure2015: 5:27pm On Jun 23, 2019
radautoworks:

Loose connection or wire short

Can you advise on how to trace the fault
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by henrygale(m): 6:26pm On Jun 23, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

You Go buy data o!

yes
Hello chief...thanks for your responses.
My mechanic eventually changed the actuator, but the check engine light came up after he finished the job.
Car started, the rattle stopped but the check engine.
And I noticed the car laggs a lil while going uphill or about to pick up from a resting position.
I scanned the car today and got a P0016 error code.
What do u think pls?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2019
kaz4sure2015:

Can you advise on how to trace the fault

Wiring especially with are is system is not something you should be tinkering with. Take it to a shop in your area
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by weyreypey: 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2019
radautoworks:

Wiring especially with are is system is not something you should be tinkering with. Take it to a shop in your area
It's his car. Teach him
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:14am On Jun 24, 2019
kaz4sure2015:
Dear Guru on the house

Drive to a repair shop, have them scan the airbag unit.

The results will point to the defective part. Have it replaced or fixed (if fixable) drive out and be happy.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by flgd: 9:33am On Jun 24, 2019
Who has any reliable person who sells clean cars... need a camry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nemadfsyahooc: 8:10pm On Jun 24, 2019
Pls how advisable is it for use of polytron oil on a Camry 2010. I see it being advertise and wants an informed advise before buying. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by haykay2005: 9:58pm On Jun 24, 2019
@gazzuz and all. My car vibrate towards the engine bay at low rpm especially when am applying break,Most of the time when I put on the Ac. The vibration goes away at high speed. I just serviced the car and no code whatsoever. New plugs, throttle body cleaned, new fuel filter, no fuel pump problem, engine mounts in good shape. What could be the problem pls?
1999 toyota camry

GAZZUZ, you Said in one of your old posts and I quote

[b]This is most likely what is happening with the idle on your Camry: Over time their is a build up of deposits in the throttle body that will slowly restrict air flow. If nothing was done the engine idle would slowly become lower and lower. The computer will adjust for the lower idle using its idle control system. Over time the computer will "learn" a new "base idle". When the battery goes dead or is disconnected the new "base idle" is lost from the computer memory. Once the "new" base idle is lost the engine will not idle properly until the computer can relearn the new base idle. This should happen much sooner than 100 drive cycles. One way to speed this process up is to clean the deposits from the throttle body using a spray type parts cleaner and a rag. With the throttle body clean the base idle should be much closer to the computers original base idle and the engine should idle almost normally until the computer can relearn its "new" base idle"[/b]

Could the newly cleaned throttle body the problem here? May be I should just remove and insert the battery for the ecu to learn the new base idle. Cos this suddenly started after a thorough tune up that involves throttle body cleaning
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Hustlersdiary: 11:35pm On Jun 24, 2019
Please who checks iPhone imei number here?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Domain82: 4:09am On Jun 25, 2019
Please i have p0171 code on my Hyundai Tucson 2007 v6 4wd ...pls what do i need to fix.thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ranz321(m): 9:30am On Jun 25, 2019
Good day, I have a pencil light camry, I have this issue. When I am driving, the car jerks, my mechanic has changed fuel pump, plugs until they changed the coils it now stop jerking.
1. Now the car sometimes goes off when I stop in the traffic light and takes a lot of starting before it comes back on.
2. the jerking happens when I start moving sometimes (maybe when the engine is hot) then sometimes when I am on the express.
3. Also when I just start moving I have to remove my leg from the acceleration slowly before it change gear.

Please what can I do, I have spent a lot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (515) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.