Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,714 members, 7,914,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:51 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (954050 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dream2(m): 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2020
Dream2:
Good evening Gazzuzz, I noticed this afternoon that my gear don't engage in drive until I rev it for like 5min, same thing happen this night and this time around, it was worse though it engage in reverse effortlessly.
What could be the cause of this? The car in question is 2002 Toyota Rav4.
Problem solved.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2020
Kingdemu:
So What do you suggest? He should permanently switch to 20W50 cos you feel it was used as a taxi?

Your recommendation is dangerous if engine is filled with sludge.

In cases like this, wait for poster to continue shalaye then you know what to post
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:47pm On Oct 12, 2020
Dream2:

Problem solved.

How was it solved
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2020
Prayer anf fasting helps

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dream2(m): 2:07pm On Oct 12, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

How was it solved
I was so absent minded to check the gear oil that very day as I was in a mess and it never comes to mind that the gear oil is very very low(I don't use the car often though).
I just abandoned it that night until this morning when my mind is clear to even do some checking on it.
I bought the gear oil, start the engine, engage the gear in drive and it move without hassle.
Nevertheless, I will be glad if you have some advices concerning the issue.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nonhuman(m): 8:52am On Oct 13, 2020
My toyota avalon, When in park position I press the gas pedal normally it revs like engine wants to stall, and on acceleration won't rev past 2000rpm and will be jecking like its not getting enough fuel, the fuel pump is new, have changed the filter and the injector matt/ throttle body, checked injector valves, yet problem persist, when I start the engine in the morning it will be o 200 or 300rpm u till allow for some time when the temperature have increased it will then increase to 800 - 1000rpm and goes down when I engage the gear, please I need help here any information will be highly appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 1:07pm On Oct 13, 2020
nonhuman:
My toyota avalon, When in park position I press the gas pedal normally it revs like engine wants to stall, and on acceleration won't rev past 2000rpm and will be jecking like its not getting enough fuel, the fuel pump is new, have changed the filter and the injector matt/ throttle body, checked injector valves, yet problem persist, when I start the engine in the morning it will be o 200 or 300rpm u till allow for some time when the temperature have increased it will then increase to 800 - 1000rpm and goes down when I engage the gear, please I need help here any information will be highly appreciated.
Scan
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 1:44pm On Oct 13, 2020
nonhuman:

Air flow meter sensor
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by IDERAWOLE(m): 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2020
Mercedes-Benz Wagon C180 manual, Nigerian used needed.

Contact my signature below for fast cash.

Budget is 600k.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Softhands(m): 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2020
What is the best engine oil for Toyota Sienna 2003
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nameflow(m): 12:22am On Oct 14, 2020
My honda accord dc doesn't drive smoothly.. I feel it drags and doesn't accelerate very well.. Sometimes it revs up to me 3 but the acceleration doesn't match the Rev.. This often happens in the hot afternoon. What can be the cause?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fotadmowmend(m): 6:47am On Oct 14, 2020
Petrol smells so bad in my car whenever i am driving. My mechanic says it doesnt matter but i hate that odour badly. What can i do ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:17am On Oct 14, 2020
fotadmowmend:
Petrol smells so bad in my car whenever i am driving. My mechanic says it doesnt matter but i hate that odour badly. What can i do ?

Did you carry out fuel pump replacement recently or at anytime before?

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ugoosamm(m): 7:27am On Oct 14, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Kindly disregard

Say what you know and shut up if you know nothing about this..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:51am On Oct 14, 2020
ugoosamm:

Say what you know and shut up if you know nothing about this..

weyre wey de disguise cheesy

Turkey Ko Iraq ni.

Go find work, Ogun Kee you there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nonhuman(m): 8:35am On Oct 14, 2020
Besto:

Air flow meter sensor
the mad sensor have been checked, not the the problem
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Hustlersdiary: 8:49am On Oct 14, 2020
Good morning sir, my dealer used this hardex engine oil to service my car before I picked it up.
Car is accord 2013 v6.

Do you recommend I continue using the oil or I change to another one if I should change please recommend engine oil I should be using.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:01am On Oct 14, 2020
Hustlersdiary:
Good morning sir, my dealer used this hardex engine oil to service my car before I picked it up.
Car is accord 2013 v6.

Do you recommend I continue using the oil or I change to another one if I should change please recommend engine oil I should be using.

Buy peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Hustlersdiary: 9:18am On Oct 14, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Buy peace of mind

Okay sir, do you sell if yes how much.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 10:01am On Oct 14, 2020
nonhuman:
the mad sensor have been checked, not the the problem

LOL, car wahala though.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 4:06pm On Oct 15, 2020
Hustlersdiary:

Okay sir, do you sell if yes how much.

Call that number
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by xanie: 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2020
There's this knocking sound when I press the accelerator coming from the passenger side of my 05 Corolla... It stops when I take my foot off the gas... What could be wrong?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrBentleyLP(m): 9:55pm On Oct 15, 2020
Hello Sirs,

Please help out with this issues. My Vehicle (Honda Accord 08 V6) was scanned and the scanner brought out the following error codes:

61-01 Modulator-Control Unit Initial IG low Voltage
83-19 ECM/PCM Relation Failure
P3400 Valve Pause System (VPS) Stuck Off
P0305 Misfire No. 5 Cylinder

How serious are these issues, how to go about these issues, is it safe to keep driving the vehicle and where can I get it fixed. I will appreciate if anyone can recommend a competent and trustworthy autoshop that can get all these issues fixed.

Thanks in advance for your kind advise and contributions.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by naijadrivablog: 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

First driving really fast should not cause the codes that popped..

Interestingly you have a catalyst converter code affecting only one bank (bank 2 front of the engine) in a V6 engine. Catalytic converter codes are very common in older cars and cars imported into Nigeria as they get stolen all the time before or after shipping by port rats. In your case it might have aged and burnt out.

O2 spacer, it is like what a plug adapter does?

You have 3 options, replace catalytic converter with a used one , replace with a refurbished one or install an oxygen sensor spacer. Either option will work if done well. Also you should inspect the bank1 .

The incorrect purge flow from evaporative emission system might be a leak on the engine side. This could cause startup issues especially if the purge valve is stuck open.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Hustlersdiary: 11:28pm On Oct 15, 2020
DukeNija:

Call that number

Oh thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Fabbyboy: 7:51am On Oct 16, 2020
Good day house... pls help!!!!! Is it normal for a corolla Sport 2012 to consume 27 liters of fuel per every 112miles ( 180km) Akure - Osogbo going and coming back ?? The car didn’t come with normal stock exhaust, It came with TRD exhaust ( bigger exhaust) and also with different air filter not the normal air filter for corolla..

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 9:30am On Oct 16, 2020
Fabbyboy:
Good day house... pls help!!!!! Is it normal for a corolla Sport 2012 to consume 27 liters of fuel per every 112miles ( 180km) Akure - Osogbo going and coming back ?? The car didn’t come with normal stock exhaust, It came with TRD exhaust ( bigger exhaust) and also with different air filter not the normal air filter for corolla..
most Short RAM air intake do produce some sounds, but may cause a dip on fuel economy. That said, this your intake filter is really dirty. I'd suggest you check if it's the reusable type.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Baba40(f): 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2020
My silencer is giving me headache, pls help
Model: Corolla 04
It vibration is annoying, doesn't shake the body of the car again but it's constituting nuisance especially when my ac is on.

I have taken it to almost like 5 panel beaters but the problem persist. Any silencer expert? Or if I buy another silencer will it be better? Very embarrassing vibration especially when I reverse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2020
xanie:
There's this knocking sound when I press the accelerator coming from the passenger side of my 05 Corolla... It stops when I take my foot off the gas... What could be wrong?

Spiritual bro.... It's a problem disguising.... You need to consult a car Oracle nearby to listen to it before it will soro so ke

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:32pm On Oct 16, 2020
Baba40:
My silencer is giving me headache, pls help
Model: Corolla 04
It vibration is annoying, doesn't shake the body of the car again but it's constituting nuisance especially when my ac is on.

I have taken it to almost like 5 panel beaters but the problem persist. Any silencer expert? Or if I buy another silencer will it be better? Very embarrassing vibration especially when I reverse

You solved the problem single handed
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 1:33pm On Oct 16, 2020
Oga Gazuzz and Car Gurus greetings to you all.

I have golf3 and it's been a great car, but I need to upgrade it. I am considering these two cars with a budget of ₦700K
1. Toyota corolla 2000 automatic. The one that has the inscription COROLLA at the back automatic or

2. Toyota corolla Bank Type manual because of my budget.

Which of these should I go for

Secondly EFI or VVT-i Engine which is better.

Thank you for your prompt response.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2020
adubam:
Oga Gazuzz and Car Gurus greetings to you all.

I have golf3 and it's been a great car, but I need to upgrade it. I am considering these two cars with a budget of ₦700K
1. Toyota corolla 2000 automatic. The one that has the inscription COROLLA at the back automatic or

2. Toyota corolla Bank Type manual because of my budget.

Which of these should I go for

Secondly EFI or VVT-i Engine which is better.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Use pic explain. This your description no follow

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (516) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.