Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:45 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (936640 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (513) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AmandaLuv(f): 7:55am On Dec 20, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Boss pls
Goodmorning sir. Please I noticed that my car's power steering fluid is low. A bit gone past half. Is there any specific power steering fluid for it or I can buy any power steering fluid? 2000 Toyota Siena sir.

Secondly Sir, am a bit worried, my Siena is nearing 4 years it still has the follow come transmission fluid it came with and its pinkish. My Kazeem tells me not to be worried that it is synthetic fluid that there's no point flushing it but if I still decide to that I should buy the synthetic transmission fluid sold for 18k.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:06am On Dec 20, 2020
AmandaLuv:
Goodmorning sir. Please I noticed that my car's power steering fluid is low. A bit gone past half. Is there any specific power steering fluid for it or I can buy any power steering fluid? 2000 Toyota Siena sir.

Secondly Sir, am a bit worried, my Siena is nearing 4 years it still has the follow come transmission fluid it came with and its pinkish . My Kazeem tells me not to be worried that it is synthetic fluid that there's no point flushing it but if I still decide to that I should buy the synthetic transmission fluid sold for 18k.

Leave the transmission oil alone.

Any good brand of DextronIII is ok for powersteering

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AmandaLuv(f): 8:11am On Dec 20, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

God bless you sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 9:26am On Dec 20, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Where can one get a genuine one boss? Scare of the risk of pouring akamu inside the car as powersteering grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:47am On Dec 20, 2020
Kanmiboy:
I have a Toyota Camry 2001 model but finds it hard to crank mostly in the morning .I will have to restart it for like three to four times before I could get it started and this only happens in n the morning alone .took it to a mechanic I was told its coolstart. That has been checked with the battery even alternator still no changes .I was later told the nossle needs to be services. ..tanks ahead

Coolant temp sensor and fuel pressure.

Two main culprits.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drmuchin: 1:23pm On Dec 20, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Two main culprits.

I have the same problem. Car starts only on the 3rd attempt. Could cooling fan connected directly to ignition aggravate this problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ambalicious(m): 1:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
My 2007 Camry rough idles only when the Ac is on and I have driven for about 30 mins. Pls what can be responsible for this.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ambalicious:
My 2007 Camry rough idles only when the Ac is on and I have driven for about 30 mins. Pls what can be responsible for this.

Manual compressor and low idle speed
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
drmuchin:

I have the same problem. Car starts only on the 3rd attempt. Could cooling fan connected directly to ignition aggravate this problem?

Not at all
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ambalicious(m): 2:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
Can u pls explain. I'm lost.
GAZZUZZ:

Manual compressor and low idle speed
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:12pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ambalicious:
Can u pls explain. I'm lost.

Take a pic of the engine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ambalicious(m): 2:14pm On Dec 20, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Take a pic of the engine
its a 2AZ enging

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ambalicious:
its a 2AZ enging

Ambalicious:

Pic of your compressor .

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ambalicious(m): 2:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Pic of your compressor .

sent d compressor u asked for.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chukel(m): 3:19pm On Dec 20, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Boss pls
unfortunately that's who he is.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drmuchin: 3:19pm On Dec 20, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Not at all

My car leaks coolant from the point where the coolant temp sensor is attached to the cooling pipeline system. We used gasket seal maker to plug the hole. Could this worsen the cold start problem? Fuel pressure has been checked and is OK.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drmuchin: 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Not at all

My car leaks coolant from the point where the coolant temp sensor is attached to the cooling pipeline system. We used gasket seal maker to plug the hole. Could this worsen the cold start problem? Fuel pressure has been checked and is OK.

Modified: what is the long term complications of this problem is not solved?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
drmuchin:

Modified: what is the long term complications of this problem is not solved?

Pics will help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tslim411: 6:38am On Dec 21, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Two main culprits.

I salute ooo Mr GAZZUZ, my car rev high to rpm 4000 immidiately I start it at idle and when engage in drive or reverse it's flutrate btw 2000 and 3000 and I drive it with it for like 20min the temperature rise above normal later show code of p0480 and p0507 ,plz Bro what's the solution . mazda mpv
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:49am On Dec 21, 2020
Tslim411:

I salute ooo Mr GAZZUZ, my car rev high to rpm 4000 immidiately I start it at idle and when engage in drive or reverse it's flutrate btw 2000 and 3000 and I drive it with it for like 20min the temperature rise above normal later show code of p0480 and p0507 ,plz Bro what's the solution . mazda mpv

What year is your mpv
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tslim411: 9:17am On Dec 21, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

What year is your mpv

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:28am On Dec 21, 2020
Tslim411:

Start by checking the vehicles IACV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPkAanjwQZs

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Slickleo: 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
Greetings all PL is dis Mobil super 2000 5w30 good to service 2008 Honda Civic r18 tokunbo

Gazzuzz
Nurey
Kingreign

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2020
Slickleo:
Greetings all PL is dis Mobil super 2000 5w30 good to service 2008 Honda Civic r18 tokunbo

Gazzuzz
Nurey
Kingreign
It's just a lighter mobil xhp.
Use mobil 1 instead if it's your 1st service.
Choose your choice:
5w 20 for better fuel economy
5w 30 for better engine protection

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2020
olumzzz:

Choose your choice:

You are wise

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ekakamba: 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
olumzzz:

Choose your choice:

Can one use the 2 interchangeably?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Slickleo: 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2020
olumzzz:

Choose your choice:

Thank you for your contribution, any other alternative to Mobil 1 because I don't know if I can keep up with the price of Mobil 1 any good alternative not exceeding 10k or 12k max
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by osato45: 9:12pm On Dec 21, 2020
Slickleo:

Thank you for your contribution, any other alternative to Mobil 1 because I don't know if I can keep up with the price of Mobil 1 any good alternative not exceeding 10k or 12k max

honda 5w20 @luvinhubby can hook you up
Fastron 5w20
All full synthetic
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by madgoat(m): 10:41pm On Dec 21, 2020
Slickleo:

Gazzuzz
Nurey
Kingreign

In my opinion, theres nothing wrong with this. Its a semi-synthetic oil. The people producing it are not daft. If u want full synthetic, use Mobil 1 but if u want to be using semi-synthetic, use this one.
N.B. The Honda engine oil is semi-synthetic

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:58pm On Dec 21, 2020
madgoat:

In my opinion, theres nothing wrong with this. Its a semi-synthetic oil. The people producing it are not daft. If u want full synthetic, use Mobil 1 but if u want to be using semi-synthetic, use this one.
N.B. The Honda DW 1 engine oil is semi-synthetic

Is not Engine oil.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Slickleo: 3:49am On Dec 22, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

You are wise
Boss what about dis oil

Note am looking out for more pocket friendly and good product. Thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 6:29am On Dec 22, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

You are wise
I learnt from the master himself.
More grease to your elbow sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (513) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.