Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,670 members, 7,948,527 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 12:10 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (968163 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:10pm On Aug 11, 2021
FineUsername:
Is something wrong with my Civic, 2008?

I changed from Mobil 2000 5w30 to Synthetic 5w30 and I noticed this loud humming noise coming from the engine. This usually happens in the morning or at evening when heading home after work.

The noise reduce/go away when the engine gets hot.

Have driven about 1,500km since the last oil changed.

Gazzuzz et al

Thanks.

Pic of what you bought?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by FineUsername(m): 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Pic of what you bought?

Former and current. Thanks.

1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dez10(m): 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2021
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=104670118]

[color=#550000]

1. Change your Transmission oil twice after running the engine in a 1 day interval. With Toyota TIV. Pic below, sellers number 08033910382.

2. You have a leaking exhaust, find it and fix it.

Thanks a bunch Gazzuzz.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Confidence00(m): 6:52pm On Aug 11, 2021
honsule:
My Toyota corolla 2005. Although it didn't display check light, scanning display these codes. The last time it was the fuel cap that wasn't closed very well by the fuel attendant

Pls how did u scan all this Codes>>which OBD did u use.....Kindly advice or WhatsApp me 08069498552
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2021
FineUsername:

Former and current. Thanks.

what's your oil change interval on both oils
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by FineUsername(m): 10:20pm On Aug 11, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

what's your oil change interval on both oils

Used Mobil 2000 5w30 for almost 4 months at 2,750km before switching to Synthetic due to scarcity of the former.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
FineUsername:

Used Mobil 2000 5w30 for almost 4 months at 2,750km before switching to Synthetic due to scarcity of the former.

is your vehicle calibrated in miles or km? Meanwhile noise is not caused by lubrication
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by easysunny(m): 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

please Run a test, turn on the car without the AC and watch if the fan comes on. Ensure you wait and only give up if the temp goes above the half mark. Also ensure the temp sensor 2 which is at the base of the radiator is firmly connected.

If the fan comes on, buy a brand new radiator.

Okay. I'll check. However, I actually turned on the car without AC & waited for a while. The temp didn't go beyond half mark, but the engine & radiator will be hot, & radiator bringing out smoke. I'll be afraid it may affect something.

You said if the fans eventually come on, i go and buy new.

I'll run a test & also check the temp sensor as you said.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by FineUsername(m): 11:25pm On Aug 11, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

is your vehicle calibrated in miles or km? Meanwhile noise is not caused by lubrication
It’s in Km.
What other thing do I need to check? I really want the noise to go away. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by crackhaus: 9:50am On Aug 12, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Hello Gazzuz,

Sorry to interfere, I have followed the thread silently for a while and picked a few tips here and there.

But what's the relevance of the question in bold as regards oil change?

I'm asking because a Honda Civic (of that generation) has the option of choosing the display to read either in miles or in km. There's also an indicator which displays the oil life in %.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2021
crackhaus:

Hello Gazzuz,

Sorry to interfere, I have followed the thread silently for a while and picked a few tips here and there.

I'm asking because a Honda Civic (of that generation) has the option of choosing the display to read either in miles or in km. There's also an indicator which displays the oil life in %.

Reason for the question is because some people don't if their odometer reading is in MPH or KM.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by crackhaus: 3:19pm On Aug 12, 2021
seanfer:

Reason for the question is because some people don't if their odometer reading is in MPH or KM.
Lol, okay.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 5:04am On Aug 13, 2021
crackhaus:

Hello Gazzuz,

The reason for the question is to know the frequency of your oil change.
If you're to change every 3,000km, it won't be the same thing if your vehicle is calibrated in miles.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by honsule(m): 7:53am On Aug 13, 2021
olumzzz:

The reason for the question is to know the frequency of your oil change.
If you're to change every 3,000km, it won't be the same thing if your vehicle is calibrated in miles.

My Toyota Corolla 2005 scheduled maintenance Guide states the followings:-

MILES OR MONTHS:
Toyota recommends obtaining scheduled maintenance for your vehicle every 5,000 miles or six months,whichever comes first. For example: If you drive 5,000 miles in less than six months, you should obtain maintenance at 5,000 miles-don't wait until six months.

so, to me i reset trip A & B when i service my car and use that as a basis for my next service. Also i google has this to say:

Miles and kilometer both are units for measuring any length or distance. In the U.S. and U.K., the standard way of measuring is miles, whereas in all of the other countries the standard unit of measuring is kilometer. Both the terms mean thousand in their respective places they have originated from.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by honsule(m): 8:12am On Aug 13, 2021
Confidence00:

Pls how did u scan all this Codes>>which OBD did u use.....Kindly advice or WhatsApp me 08069498552

I bought Elm 327 Obd2 Advanced Scanner on jumia like 3 yrs ago and i also purchased "Car scanner pro" android version on my phone. Works perfectly in detecting trouble codes and clear same codes. On the move, anytime i scan my Corolla car when check light pops up.

Of recent i went to my mechanic and after wasting time fixing my car Bad Control Arm Bushing, he finished the work around 7:30pm. we started my car it initially started and just went off and refused to start again-, having difficulty in starting, check light appears. The mechanic was baffled and confused, because nobody touch the car system shocked shocked. i was even advised to parked the car at the garage till the next day. I declined.i brought out my ELM scanner, small but mighty , connect to my android via bluetooth and scanned the car and it detected bad coil issue. He open the engine cover and fortunate for me the mechanic has one coil, the moment he detected the coil that was faulty among the 4, and replaced it, the car started and works perfectly and i drove home that night happily8) cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 9:43am On Aug 13, 2021
honsule:

My Toyota Corolla 2005 scheduled maintenance Guide states the followings:-

MILES OR MONTHS:
Toyota recommends obtaining scheduled maintenance for your vehicle every 5,000 miles or six months,whichever comes first. For example: If you drive 5,000 miles in less than six months, you should obtain maintenance at 5,000 miles-don't wait until six months.

so, to me i reset trip A & B when i service my car and use that as a basis for my next service. Also i google has this to say:

Miles and kilometer both are units for measuring any length or distance. In the U.S. and U.K., the standard way of measuring is miles, whereas in all of the other countries the standard unit of measuring is kilometer. Both the terms mean thousand in their respective places they have originated from.

Good. Hope you know that maintenance schedule is recommended oyel. ANd not our popular 20w50.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by honsule(m): 4:02pm On Aug 13, 2021
olumzzz:

Good. Hope you know that maintenance schedule is recommended oyel. ANd not our popular 20w50.

YES O. i don't use 20w50 for service
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AbujaNigeria(m): 4:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
Two days ago driving home my 2003 Toyota Corolla Airbag Light suddenly stays On. I have check some connections beneath the drivers and passengers seat and everything is ok. I have not done any electrical work on the car since it came as toks over a year ago.

Please help.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2021
AbujaNigeria:
Two days ago driving home my 2003 Toyota Corolla Airbag Light suddenly stays On. I have check some connections beneath the drivers and passengers seat and everything is ok. I have not done any electrical work on the car since it came as toks over a year ago.

Please help.
If you're in Abuja as you moniker states, feel free to chat with this man. He's highly competent and can fix it. 07034581213
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:23pm On Aug 13, 2021
AbujaNigeria:

Please help.

I would wager a defective clockspring

A scan will reveal all
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Alphil: 6:56am On Aug 14, 2021
Cc:
Gazzuzz
And others

I drive a Honda City 2007 with a little over 135k miles. Right now the ride vibrates badly when engaged on drive when, maybe, in traffic or not in motion. Airflow system is the suspect, tried tweaking on that but still no solution.

What could be the problem?

Thanks already guys.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by autologic: 8:48am On Aug 14, 2021
Alphil:
Cc:
Gazzuzz
And others

I drive a Honda City 2007 with a little over 135k miles. Right now the ride vibrates badly when engaged on drive when, maybe, in traffic or not in motion. Airflow system is the suspect, tried tweaking on that but still no solution.

Thanks already guys.
G
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by autologic: 8:49am On Aug 14, 2021
Alphil:
Cc:
Gazzuzz
And others

Thanks already guys.
Go back, take some technical data and post it here ,unless u want us guessing for u again .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2021
Alphil:
Cc:
Gazzuzz
And others

Thanks already guys.

Idle air control valve.

Have it checked, have it cleaned if stuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwo1Hs_0aSI

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ManyPlugs: 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2021
Sendbrief App for Auto dealers.

Sendbrief App enables you share messages/brief that contain video content and images with your clients and customers using a single link.

To download app visit www.sendbrief.com

Available on Android, coming soon on ios.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5grKBdE48TI
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Alphil: 9:24pm On Aug 14, 2021
autologic:

Go back, take some technical data and post it here ,unless u want us guessing for u again .

The spoilt engine seat changed, airflow system checked, spark plugs and coils looked at, and the Injector flushed, but the issue still persist.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Alphil: 9:26pm On Aug 14, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Idle air control valve.

Have it checked, have it cleaned if stuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwo1Hs_0aSI

I will tell the mech.
Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gudvibes06: 9:56pm On Aug 14, 2021
@GAZZUZZ pls sir I need your advice sir ..... Pls I know V6 do consume more fuel than 4cyl but how significant can't is it I have and offer for toyota Camry 03 v6 tokunbo for HP pls do you think it is a good ride for Uber/bolt business thanks sir .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:14pm On Aug 14, 2021
Gudvibes06:
@GAZZUZZ pls sir I need your advice sir ..... Pls I know V6 do consume more fuel than 4cyl but how significant can't is it I have and offer for toyota Camry 03 v6 tokunbo for HP pls do you think it is a good ride for Uber/bolt business thanks sir .

Camry V6 and Ehailing is a very bad idea

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gudvibes06: 10:38pm On Aug 14, 2021
Ohh thank you sir I missed out on the pointiac I asked questions about the last time. But I'll be giving up on this and look for a proper 4 cyl for the business thanks sir.

GAZZUZZ:

Camry V6 and Ehailing is a very bad idea

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 1:56am On Aug 15, 2021
Sometimes, when I start my car for the first time in the morning and just leave it to steam a little before engaging it, I notice that as the sound drops, the car seems to vibrate and behave like it going to go off but won't. What could be the problem please?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by brandonderek: 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2021
dinyelutochukwu:
GAZZUZZ: Thanx once more for the good job you are doing.

The serpentine belt was removed today, the entire pulleys were inspected, and we couldn't find any faulty...
The mechanic went ahead to change the serpentine belt and the bearing on the tensioner pulley. But the noise still persisted.. The mechanic now suggested that we put a new Water pump and a new Alternator to see if the sound will stop, But I asked him to give me time to think about it and you can find the best tips on maintainence of your car from here on [url]jeep hunter.https://jeephunter.net/[/url]
What's your opinion on this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (519) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Loneley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.