Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,865 members, 7,876,296 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:15 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (938105 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (514) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 4:48pm On May 31, 2016
igehkc:
Thanks alot. Please what can be done about this noise and is there anyway to prevent recurrence when fixed?

Changing it is fairly easy. Sourcing a good replacement part may not be so easy.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by treatise: 8:04pm On May 31, 2016
Dear Gazzuzz, could you please assist in getting a competent Mitsubishi workshop of dealership in Abuja? I want to effect repairs as well as preventive maintenance.

Many thanks Sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by makavele: 12:19am On Jun 01, 2016
And so i was at Gazzuzz's workshop on Monday and we "de-kazeemized" my vehicle

If i tell u people what Kazeem did to my vehicle . . . you would be left speechless.

Kazeem is just an idiot . .

Details to follow soon.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by CAPTAINBLACK01(m): 2:22am On Jun 01, 2016
HELP!! My 03.Nav accord V6 vibrates on idle, though it maintains 600-700rpm, I noticed it makes a grinding noise when u step on the gas especially during hot weather or prolonged driving, on cold no noise,the check engine light comes on and goes off intermittently, it moves forward on the 1st shift,besides that the shift Is smooth. I've maintained Lubex syn, honda DW1,Marshall plugs for my oil schedule, what can I do? @ GAZZUZ. I could not see u @ d workshop in PH last week, work wahala perhaps next time. Help oh!! I really like this car. One kazeem suggests I should wire the fan to the ignition says it's over heating internally undecided
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Experience4u(m): 6:20am On Jun 01, 2016
Oga GAZZUZZ and car gurus I need your help b4 the mechanic opens my car hood. Last night I was driving with say 80 km/h and abruptly seeing a bump I applied my brake suddenly and low and behold every electrical system in my car stopped working. My radio, Ac, horn, wiper almost everything apart from my headlamp and inner light. Car starts but got stucked in Park. It refuses to engage into drive, neutral or reverse. Pls what could be the solution. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:23am On Jun 01, 2016
CAPTAINBLACK01:
HELP!! My 03.Nav accord V6 vibrates on idle, though it maintains 600-700rpm, I noticed it makes a grinding noise when u step on the gas especially during hot weather or prolonged driving, on cold no noise,the check engine light comes on and goes off intermittently, it moves forward on the 1st shift,besides that the shift Is smooth. I've maintained Lubex syn, honda DW1,Marshall plugs for my oil schedule, what can I do? @ GAZZUZ. I could not see u @ d workshop in PH last week, work wahala perhaps next time. Help oh!! I really like this car. One kazeem suggests I should wire the fan to the ignition says it's over heating internally undecided

you should have the car scanned, but I guess it's either a blocked catalyst or a failing/failed knock sensor
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:25am On Jun 01, 2016
Experience4u:
Oga GAZZUZZ and car gurus I need your help b4 the mechanic opens my car hood. Last night I was driving with say 80 km/h and abruptly seeing a bump I applied my brake suddenly and low and behold every electrical system in my car stopped working. My radio, Ac, horn, wiper almost everything apart from my headlamp and inner light. Car starts but got stucked in Park. It refuses to engage into drive, neutral or reverse. Pls what could be the solution. Thanks

run through all fuses, relays and harness sockets in the vehicle (fuse box area), one of them popped out, just push it back in.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Experience4u(m): 6:26am On Jun 01, 2016
Oga GAZZUZZ and car gurus I need your help b4 the mechanic opens my car hood. Last night I was driving with say 80 km/h and abruptly seeing a bump I applied my brake suddenly and low and behold every electrical system in my car stopped working. My radio, Ac, horn, wiper almost everything apart from my headlamp and inner inner. Car starts but got stucked in Park. It refuses to engage into drive, neutral or reverse. Pls what could be the solution. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Experience4u(m): 9:42am On Jun 02, 2016
Sir, The relay and fuse box seems to be intact according to the mechanic
GAZZUZZ:

run through all fuses, relays and harness sockets in the vehicle (fuse box area), one of them popped out, just push it back in.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nissparts(m): 11:17am On Jun 02, 2016
Experience4u:
Oga GAZZUZZ and car gurus I need your help b4 the mechanic opens my car hood. Last night I was driving with say 80 km/h and abruptly seeing a bump I applied my brake suddenly and low and behold every electrical system in my car stopped working. My radio, Ac, horn, wiper almost everything apart from my headlamp and inner inner. Car starts but got stucked in Park. It refuses to engage into drive, neutral or reverse. Pls what could be the solution. Thanks

Are you saying till now all those symptoms remain the same?
i.e Car is still stuck in Park, starting with only headlights and inner lights being the functioning electrical systems?
What vehicle is this?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kaycodes: 12:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I drove my car out for repairs on the power steering pump and turn switch inside the steering wheel since my horn stopped working.

We replaced the turn switch with a used one and everything worked fine. Drove the car and stopped and started the car severally. Car started each time without issues.

However before getting home the horn stopped working again. So I removed the airbag to check the turn switch as I suspected it has gone bad again.

After checking but not finding any visible fault I tried to test the horn by using a wire to touch the ignition key entry hole and the horn connection under the steering wheel.

I also pulled and inserted one of the fuses in the engine fuse compartment box, which I suspected to be the horn fuse.

Now engine cranks and won't start anymore, I tried scanning the car again, but the tool connects fine but throws an error "failed to connect to the ECU"

This tool has always worked previously, it's the same tool I used to scan and post the earlier codes.

Please what can be responsible or what may have happened from my fiddling.

I just want to have an idea before calling an electrician or mechanic

Note: car has never had this issue earlier before it usually starts at one turn of the ignition.

Car is Toyota Camry 1997 model.

Please help.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by makavele: 12:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
^^^ fried ECU perhaps!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
kaycodes:

I drove my car out for repairs on the power steering pump and turn switch inside the steering wheel since my horn stopped working.

We replaced the turn switch with a used one and everything worked fine. Drove the car and stopped and started the car severally. Car started each time without issues.

However before getting home the horn stopped working again. So I removed the airbag to check the turn switch as I suspected it has gone bad again.

After checking but not finding any visible fault I tried to test the horn by using a wire to touch the ignition key entry hole and the horn connection under the steering wheel.

I also pulled and inserted one of the fuses in the engine fuse compartment box, which I suspected to be the horn fuse.

Now engine cranks and won't start anymore, I tried scanning the car again, but the tool connects fine but throws an error "failed to connect to the ECU"

This tool has always worked previously, it's the same tool I used to scan and post the earlier codes.

Please what can be responsible or what may have happened from my fiddling.

I just want to have an idea before calling an electrician or mechanic

Note: car has never had this issue earlier before it usually starts at one turn of the ignition.

Car is Toyota Camry 1997 model.

Please help.

kazeeeeeem grin

You blew a fues, chech "all fuses" and you will find 1 burnt fuse.

It is also possible you have fried your engine ecu, but for a 97 camry I doubt it, you might be lucky.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kaycodes: 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

kazeeeeeem grin

You blew a fues, chech "all fuses" and you will find 1 burnt fuse.

It is also possible you have fried your engine ecu, but for a 97 camry I doubt it, you might be lucky.

Thanks grin

Hopefully it's not the ECU that's fried, but if that's the scenario, do you have an idea of the cost of replacement? Just thinking ahead. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Experience4u(m): 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2016
Yes, still stucked in Park. The car is a Rav4 2004. Looks like the positive terminal of the battery touched the metal part of the car

nissparts:

i.e Car is still stuck in Park, starting with only headlights and inner lights being the functioning electrical systems?
What vehicle is this?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Experience4u(m): 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
Yes, still stucked in Park. The car is a Rav4 2004. Looks like the positive terminal of the battery touched the metal part of the car

nissparts:

What vehicle is this?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
kaycodes:

Thanks grin

Hopefully it's not the ECU that's fried, but if that's the scenario, do you have an idea of the cost of replacement? Just thinking ahead. Thanks

10-25k
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by iamphill: 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
Good day house. Please does anybody have an idea how much a compressor (manual) for an EOD V6 costs.

The last two times I filled my gas the AC lasts for about 5 days, the AC guy claimed there was a leakage somewhere. I gave him the car to fix he later told me that I have to change the compressor but prior to this the AC has bin chilling like say na Antarctic I dey...lol

Anyway on a serious note I don't want to be ripped off in this harsh economy. Please will appreciate any tip or response as regards this issue. Thanks folks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kaycodes: 10:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

10-25k

Chisos, grin grin

In this economy?

Anyways thanks for your earlier pointers I was able to call a fellow Kazeem much better than myself grin grin and told him what to do. He fixed 2 blown fuses and viola my car starts again. As an added bonus the horn also starts working after he fixes the fuses.

Thanks for all your help.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:05am On Jun 03, 2016
kaycodes:

Chisos, grin grin

In this economy?

Anyways thanks for your earlier pointers I was able to call a fellow Kazeem much better than myself grin grin and told him what to do. He fixed 2 blown fuses and viola my car starts again. As an added bonus the horn also starts working after he fixes the fuses.

Thanks for all your help.

how do you fix a fuse? shocked Fuse nah 50naira, go and buy fuse angry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kaycodes: 6:09am On Jun 03, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Okay sir, I'll do that immediately...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by makavele: 9:07am On Jun 03, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Probably joined both terminals with a thin stretch of wire . .
which f**ks up the Amperage rating of the fuse . . .
it's no longer a fuse but a plain conductor grin grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Akm78: 10:29am On Jun 03, 2016
Good morning car gurus, I just changed my car engine Rav 4 2002 to a tok
s engine. The mechanic delivered it today but told me to go and refill the ac with new refrigerant, I was suspecting him because nothing was wrong with the compressor before I changed the engine.

Though the car works fine but it was like giving a kind of little high sound, the mechanic said there was no cause for alarm that everything would soon be ok and he promised to still be checking until I am satisfied.

Is there any need for me to be worried? And how much can I fill the ac with refrigerant? Need your urgent responses. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:56am On Jun 03, 2016
Akm78:
Good morning car gurus, I just changed my car engine Rav 4 2002 to a tok
s engine. The mechanic delivered it today but told me to go and refill the ac with new refrigerant, I was suspecting him because nothing was wrong with the compressor before I changed the engine.

Though the car works fine but it was like giving a kind of little high sound, the mechanic said there was no cause for alarm that everything would soon be ok and he promised to still be checking until I am satisfied.

Is there any need for me to be worried? And how much can I fill the ac with refrigerant? Need your urgent responses. Thanks.

it depends on why the gas escaped or was let out.

134 refrigerant prices vary, from al low as 400 for 340g to as high as 4000 for 340g. You will need about 600-640g
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Akm78: 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

134 refrigerant prices vary, from al low as 400 for 340g to as high as 4000 for 340g. You will need about 600-640g

Thank you sir for always be there for us
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Akm78: 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Thank you sir for always being there for us
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Experience4u(m): 1:07pm On Jun 03, 2016
Thanks oga GAZZUZZ, the mechanic and the electrician later fixed the car. That positive battery terminal contact with the metal part of the car nearly fried the ECU. They electrician said the spark generated affected the positive terminal power pack and the Electrical component of the ECU. They took it to camp (automotive hospital of enugu) and fixed it. Everything now works fine e.g power door and window, horn, radio, AC, tachometer and speedometer. Thanks for your advice. But got a bill of 30k

GAZZUZZ:

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by davanimo: 1:12pm On Jun 03, 2016
What's a B1 service on an E350
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by baaliyah(m): 10:20pm On Jun 03, 2016
Good evening Gazzuzz and other gurus. I recently changed my civic 97 engine. The new engine runs fairly ok.
At stationary, if i rev the engine there is shoot, pa pa at the exhaust which is common to commercial buses, at this point the idle will come down and get to normal later.
I also sometimes notice a kind of foul smell in the cabin while the car is in motion.
Lastly, it is kind of lazy while climbing hill.
Kindly help. I never had these issues with the old engine, i changed the engine due to recurrent crankshaft pulley problem.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:27am On Jun 04, 2016
baaliyah:
Good evening Gazzuzz and other gurus. I recently changed my civic 97 engine. The new engine runs fairly ok.
At stationary, if i rev the engine there is shoot, pa pa at the exhaust which is common to commercial buses, at this point the idle will come down and get to normal later.
I also sometimes notice a kind of foul smell in the cabin while the car is in motion.
Lastly, it is kind of lazy while climbing hill.
Kindly help. I never had these issues with the old engine, i changed the engine due to recurrent crankshaft pulley problem.

more info is required
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by baaliyah(m): 7:49am On Jun 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

more info is required
Thank u for your time,
The car is civic 97 automatic.
Lazy or lag while climbing hills.
It shoots when i revv the engine at stationary.
slow response to throttle even at pick up.
then i notice the RPM has not gone beyond 3000

Oga, pls try and sleep more. U were here till 10pm last night and u are still awake 2am to respond to queries.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:58am On Jun 04, 2016
baaliyah:

Thank u for your time,
The car is civic 97 automatic.
Lazy or lag while climbing hills.
It shoots when i revv the engine at stationary.
slow response to throttle even at pick up.
then i notice the RPM has not gone beyond 3000

Oga, pls try and sleep more. U were here till 10pm last night and u are still awake 2am to respond to queries.

engine is running rich,you are having some combustion in the exhaust system grin car needs a scan. Come for a free scan if in lagos.

As per the bolded, it is an addiction.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (514) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.