Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,161 members, 7,880,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:09 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (939981 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (514) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 2:14pm On Nov 25, 2022
ayanjamz:
The annoying thing is that, I have been using this my mechanic for 2years now without noticing any shortcomings in my car ... Why now?... Abi, he has even be replacing something good thing in my car with terrible ones��... I tire ooo

The reason you've not noticed anything like this is because you vehicle is not common here, Some will remove parts from the car and swap with damaged part.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 2:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
Ifeco555:

Got equipped with the skill in my department at MTN connect, so if you need it sir, just get in touch, we will give you the best

How does it work? How much?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 3:00pm On Nov 25, 2022
ayanjamz:
So, how much is a new catalyst for this car (Pontiac torrent 2008). The price am seeing on eBay with shipment is killing... My Ogas please, help this mechanic with the likely price in Nigeria

Get them to pay for it and then close the case.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2022
lordfalcao:
no . The check engine do come sometimes and goes off

ignore till it comes back on
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lordfalcao(m): 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

ignore till it comes back on
okay. Thanks for the response
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by hopsydboss: 6:10am On Nov 26, 2022
Can someone recommend a decent car scanner please.

Preferably one I can order immediately on Nigeria e-commerce or any plug available in the house please.

Thanks everyone.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dalass(f): 6:52am On Nov 26, 2022
Sankabson:
Good evening House,

Driving a 2011 Camry, recently the engine do turn off while in motion/driving. I’ll have to park and start again.

At a point, I was told it’s the Fuel Pump, it was changed, same issue. Later the battery couldn’t start the car again. I was advised to changed that too, which I did, a Brand new one. But I’m having the same issue.

Car still turn off while driving. I’ll have to park and start again, which always come back on at the first kick..

And also, I noticed this part of the Engine is open, I don’t if it’s normal. I just got the car Tokunbo.

Picture of the engine attached.

I Scanned The Car;

P0101
P0171

Thanks in advance

Well, I am not a rewire or mechanic but my car was this way sometimes back. After a lot of work the rewire also mentioned that the code on the key was failing and needed a new code. There are people who do this

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 12:10pm On Nov 26, 2022
hopsydboss:

Preferably one I can order immediately on Nigeria e-commerce or any plug available in the house please.

Thanks everyone.

https://www.nairaland.com/6885954/xtool-advance-ad10-auto-car#108312210

Cc gazzuzz

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by hopsydboss: 7:36am On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lightrp: 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2022
Good morning house, I recently got my car crankshaft grinded back to 0.20 because it had some issues. Does my crankshaft been on 0.20 have any long term effect?
It's a 2005 camry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by calculation(m): 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2022
ayanjamz:
I reported the case to a DIG and 2 DPOs yesterday... They told me I shouldn't stress myself at all. They told me to find out how much is a new catalyst from eBay. The mechanic has been begging since yesterday. The excuse he gave for removing the catalyst was dat he tot, it cud be the one causing overheating (possibly clogged up), he decided to sell the catalyst but since I raised the alarm of strange noise from the exhaust, he has gone to buy a China catalyst as replacement and that is what is in the welded section of the exhaust.... Omo, the DIG and DPOs no even wan hear that story ooo, they said that story is for me and not for them. The mechanic has been begging with different kind of Gods
E don happen. Oga, no agree for him, so that next time he go think well
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by calculation(m): 10:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
Lightrp:
Good morning house, I recently got my car crankshaft grinded back to 0.20 because it had some issues. Does my crankshaft been on 0.20 have any long term effect?
It's a 2005 camry
No sir, Provided good mechanical and original part are use.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lekan239(m): 10:12am On Nov 28, 2022
Good morning sirs and ma.

I just saw this dashboard sign on my Honda Civic 07/08 when going out this morning. What do I need to do. Do I need to involve mechanic

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 11:25am On Nov 28, 2022
Lekan239:

I just saw this dashboard sign on my Honda Civic 07/08 when going out this morning. What do I need to do. Do I need to involve mechanic

Scan the Car and post the error codes for advice.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ManAdii: 6:19pm On Nov 28, 2022
Good evening gurus in the house. I just noticed something in my VW jetta car.
When the car is cold, like when I'm starting it after a long park let's say in the morning.
If I engage the gear where D or R, the car jerks heavily. But if I've used the car for some time and it's warmed up I won't experience such symptom as it will engage quietly.
Please advise...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lekan239(m): 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2022
seanfer:

Scan the Car and post the error codes for advice.
I do not have the required instruments for scanning. What car scanner do you recommend I should buy?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tundebabzy: 6:49am On Nov 29, 2022
Lekan239:
I do not have the required instruments for scanning. What car scanner do you recommend I should buy?
Look for someone who has, usually a mechanic. That light is popularly known as the check engine light and signifies that your cars computer has detected a fault or anomaly that is making the car run below its optimal level.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by t2sco: 6:59am On Nov 29, 2022
Good morning, please a mechanic change top gasket on my 010 corolla and coupling it back my car is revving on neutra and park. The rpm rev 2000 to 3000 we have not been to rectify the issue. What could cause it pls
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lekan239(m): 7:10am On Nov 29, 2022
tundebabzy:

Look for someone who has, usually a mechanic. That light is popularly known as the check engine light and signifies that your cars computer has detected a fault or anomaly that is making the car run below its optimal level.
all this roadside mechanic electrician said nothing is at fault, that the light will leave. I will scan the car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ArticleBeast: 8:45am On Nov 29, 2022
Lekan239:
all this roadside mechanic electrician said nothing is at fault, that the light will leave. I will scan the car
The light will not leave. Go on Jumia and search for OBD II scanner
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vivalavida(m): 10:06am On Nov 29, 2022
Lekan239:

since you drive a civic, look for advancetr AD10 scanner. it is cheap effective and quite handy.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lekan239(m): 10:12am On Nov 29, 2022
ArticleBeast:

The light will not leave. Go on Jumia and search for OBD II scanner
ok
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lekan239(m): 10:12am On Nov 29, 2022
vivalavida:

since you drive a civic, look for advancetr AD10 scanner. it is cheap effective and quite handy.
ok
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chiefojiji(m): 10:55pm On Nov 29, 2022
Please experts.... I recently worked on my car, Toyota matrix... The engine knocked, so my mechanic fixed it back.... It works, though timing chain gave us some challenges... Now, the car will seems to think before it accelerate and it always hard for the car to climb a very low slop up... The speedometer is not reading on acceleration.... Please what could be the issue? The socket that that house the cable that connects the speed sensor was broken during mechanical work which left the terminals with only the pins, so rewire put another socket, yet, the speedometer is not working.... He said I should let gear master to check it... I don't want the gear to get tampered with, am scared... Please what could be wrong please... Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by zacwale(m): 1:57am On Nov 30, 2022
hopsydboss:

Thanks everyone.

I have one for sale humzor 600k e work both cars and trucks etc
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by zacwale(m): 2:01am On Nov 30, 2022
Lekan239:

Remove d battery head and put it back �� e go disappear.... If you get small scanner like obd na 8-10k e go show you d errors
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Thefarmer3: 4:05am On Nov 30, 2022
chiefojiji:
Please experts.... I recently worked on my car, Toyota matrix... The engine knocked, so my mechanic fixed it back.... It works, though timing chain gave us some challenges... Now, the car will seems to think before it accelerate and it always hard for the car to climb a very low slop up... The speedometer is not reading on acceleration.... Please what could be the issue? The socket that that house the cable that connects the speed sensor was broken during mechanical work which left the terminals with only the pins, so rewire put another socket, yet, the speedometer is not working.... He said I should let gear master to check it... I don't want the gear to get tampered with, am scared... Please what could be wrong please... Thanks

I've experienced something similar before wherein the speedometer of my Toyota Matrix stopped working, it was the speed sensors at the tires that failed and my rewire fixed it. Please get a competent rewire to check your speed sensors, if you have a scanner please scan first

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chiefojiji(m): 6:57am On Nov 30, 2022
Thanks your boss....

Thefarmer3:

I've experienced something similar before wherein the speedometer of my Toyota Matrix stopped working, it was the speed sensors at the tires that failed and my rewire fixed it. Please get a competent rewire to check your speed sensors, if you have a scanner please scan first
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by salbis(m): 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2022
Good afternoon automobile gurus, please i use about 45 litres of petroleum for a distance of about 394 kilometer, without AC. The car is Toyota Avensis 2010 automatic. Is the fuel consumption of the car normal?

When i bought the car, the catalytic converter was broken into pieces and even blocked the exhaust and it had to be removed by my panel beater. Should i go ahead to replace the catalytic converter to reduce fuel consumption?

Please assist me on the way forward. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lekan239(m): 3:03pm On Nov 30, 2022
zacwale:

Remove d battery head and put it back �� e go disappear.... If you get small scanner like obd na 8-10k e go show you d errors
thanks, I will do it now, where can I buy this small scanner?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lekan239(m): 5:32pm On Nov 30, 2022
zacwale:

thank you boss. He don comot just like you said it will
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ak22(m): 5:43pm On Nov 30, 2022
Lekan239:
thank you boss. He don comot just like you said it will

is still going to come up
you better scan and rectify it once

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (514) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Djswad(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.