Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,218 members, 7,950,217 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 10:35 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (969059 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lasignor(m): 10:03am On Oct 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

park it before you have to open up the engine to fix it.
From experience, let me laugh cheesy cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thetrailseeker: 7:45pm On Oct 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

park it before you have to open up the engine to fix it.

Thanks.

Was planning on driving it tomorrow as well but after reading lasignor advice, I'll get it fixed tomorrow.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by PrincewithGod(m): 6:26am On Oct 04, 2018
Morning sir Gazzuzz, I have a 2003 Corolla, the security was worked on recently and I discovered the fuel consumption has increased, please what do I do?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:58am On Oct 04, 2018
PrincewithGod:
Morning sir Gazzuzz, I have a 2003 Corolla, the security was worked on recently and I discovered the fuel consumption has increased, please what do I do?

unrelated. Fuel economy is regulated by more than 1 factor. Start by answering these quetions.

1. Do you have any O2 sensor related codes

2. Do you have a leaking exhaust?

3. What's the engine temperature after starting the car for 15mins?

5. Does your fan run consistently?

6. Any lean or rich codes?

7. Live scan what are your fuel trim levels?

8. What type of engine oil do you use? When is your oil change interval?

9. Any MAF codes?

10. Any timing correlation codes?

11. Any knock sensor codes?

12. Any transmission codes?

13. Did you recently alter the height of the car?

there's so much more info I would like to ask but for now answer as many of these as you can
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by J0hnTrevolt(m): 10:19am On Oct 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

unrelated. Fuel economy is regulated by more than 1 factor. Start by answering these quetions.

1. Do you have any O2 sensor related codes

2. Do you have a leaking exhaust?

3. What's the engine temperature after starting the car for 15mins?

5. Does your fan run consistently?

6. Any lean or rich codes?

7. Live scan what are your fuel trim levels?

8. What type of engine oil do you use? When is your oil change interval?

9. Any MAF codes?

10. Any timing correlation codes?

11. Any knock sensor codes?

12. Any transmission codes?

13. Did you recently alter the height of the car?

there's so much more info I would like to ask but for now answer as many of these as you can
quick one Gazzuz plz. Can a worn out shocks impact on fuel economy?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abuuthmaan: 10:44am On Oct 04, 2018
Good Morning house,

packed my car after 10-15 minutes drive and i discovered water dripping underneath it and after a while it stopped, went out again for 5minutes drive came back and packed still the same happened.

wat could have caused it and the way out.

thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by phemolala07(m): 11:07am On Oct 04, 2018
abuuthmaan:
Good Morning house,

packed my car after 10-15 minutes drive and i discovered water dripping underneath it and after a while it stopped, went out again for 5minutes drive came back and packed still the same happened.

wat could have caused it and the way out.

thanks

R u using Ac If yes it is nothing to worry abt

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abuuthmaan: 11:11am On Oct 04, 2018
phemolala07:

R u using Ac If yes it is nothing to worry abt
Yes
ok, thanks for your prompt reply
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by phemolala07(m): 12:42pm On Oct 04, 2018
[quote author=abuuthmaan post=71773730]

Yes

ok, thanks for your prompt reply[/quote

You are welcome
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Wilfredpat22(f): 12:44pm On Oct 04, 2018
Toyota Camry 2000 for sale.
*with Complete papers expiring August 2019 *Ac working with Gas *Securities on the car include- Steering Lock and Door automatic lock *Black Alloy Rims *Extra Tire *4 plugs

Going for 620k last slightly negotiable Location -Ibadan
Call/WhatsApp zero Eight One Five One Three eight nine nine one five
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Adebuble(f): 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2018
Pls help..

I have an issue with my Rio car, I just serviced it and now it's making a loud sound, I was told it's water pump, pls house how much is a Kia Rio water pump and tired of all these mechanic just collecting money from me.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thetrailseeker: 8:57pm On Oct 04, 2018
Thanks guys GAZZUZZ and Lasignor got the Radiator fixed today.

Funny story. Last night on my way home I heard a noise from the vehicle, I was so scared. My mind went to Lasignor's post about head gasket. I believed that was it.

Fortunately, a car was approaching and as I was parked in the middle of the road, I was going to go apologize to the driver when I saw that it was the exhaust making the noise.

The exhaust somehow got unhinged. Really surprised as the clip was still intact. Anyway, you needed to see how excited I was, fixed the exhaust and joyfully parked home.

Vehicle got to the mechanic by 6:35am today cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mrbigseun(m): 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2018
Hello sir I have a camry 03 that just started giving me the check engine sign today plz what could be the reason the car is barely 2months and also noticed the 2 fans only run wen the ac is only on plz is this rite?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Franknerd(m): 10:51pm On Oct 04, 2018
Hello Oga Gazzuzz, Please is there any good mechanic for Nissan in Enugu who can also scan and interpret scan codes. Recommendations needed urgently!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:46am On Oct 05, 2018
Franknerd:
Hello Oga Gazzuzz, Please is there any good mechanic for Nissan in Enugu who can also scan and interpret scan codes. Recommendations needed urgently!

No enugu contacts
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:46am On Oct 05, 2018
mrbigseun:
Hello sir I have a camry 03 that just started giving me the check engine sign today plz what could be the reason the car is barely 2months and also noticed the 2 fans only run wen the ac is only on plz is this rite?

You have to scan, no answers for this.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:47am On Oct 05, 2018
Adebuble:
Pls help..

I have an issue with my Rio car, I just serviced it and now it's making a loud sound, I was told it's water pump, pls house how much is a Kia Rio water pump and tired of all these mechanic just collecting money from me.

OEM 20-25k chinno 5k toks 5-10k.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:48am On Oct 05, 2018
J0hnTrevolt:
quick one Gazzuz plz. Can a worn out shocks impact on fuel economy?

yep, if the nose is higher than the rear, wind resistance will be very High.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aumoria(m): 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2018
Please I need help. I have a Toyota Rav4 2002 with a bad engine. I want to ring the engine. I will appreciate a recommendation for the brand of ring and valve seal to use.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mrbigseun(m): 7:02pm On Oct 05, 2018
Thanks boss God bless
GAZZUZZ:

You have to scan, no answers for this.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mrbigseun(m): 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2018
Plz wats the avarage price for scanning
mrbigseun:
Thanks boss God bless
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chechem: 11:04pm On Oct 06, 2018
Please Oga Gazzuzz, I greet you.

Please is 06/07 Civic a good buy. How is the maintenance cost if compared with 06/07 Corolla.

Thanks Sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:30am On Oct 07, 2018
Chechem:
Please Oga Gazzuzz, I greet you.

Please is 06/07 Civic a good buy. How is the maintenance cost if compared with 06/07 Corolla.

Thanks Sir.

very poor ground clearance, very fragile electrical system, engine bay design not friendly with component locations.

The corrola is a better buy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chechem: 8:28am On Oct 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

very poor ground clearance, very fragile electrical system, engine bay design not friendly with component locations.

The corrola is a better buy

Thanks very much Sir. I am just scare of the corolla being robbers magnet. Can you recommend any other car? 1.8L engine, cheap parts and easy to maintain? Thanks.

Also I have been trying to find a bank type corolla. Apart from the shape, is there any difference between it and the american spec?

Thanks in advance Sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 10:31am On Oct 07, 2018
Gazzuzz and other car tech gurus in the house, I appreciate your eye opening works here, I HV been greatly oriented, in fact, I have been taking notes, anyways, gazzuz, you have not answered my query on the other thread " when it's time to return to factory specs" your answers will be a big enlightenment to people that eventually bought naija used cars and a caution for people with toks cars. Auntie Radu, I love ur guts, for a woman in a highly male dominated field... It is challenging. Kudos
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:34am On Oct 07, 2018
kcbaba007:
Gazzuzz and other car tech gurus in the house, I appreciate your eye opening works here, I HV been greatly oriented, in fact, I have been taking notes, anyways, gazzuz, you have not answered my query on the other thread " when it's time to return to factory specs" your answers will be a big enlightenment to people that eventually bought naija used cars and a caution for people with toks cars. Auntie Radu, I love ur guts, for a woman in a highly male dominated field... It is challenging. Kudos

you can ask here
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

you can ask here

Sir, Gazzuzz, you are a blessing indeed, I appreciate other experienced car techs in the house, pls, could u give us some examples of mineral lubrication oils that will be effective as per cars?
e.g, I use a Honda accord 2005 model, I am.presently bringing it back to factory order, but skeptical about the lubrication oil to use, something within was actually telling me not to use d manufacturer's recommended oil

Second question sir, what if the oil strainer is cleaned out and sludge removed from the engine, will it be able to accommodate d manufacturer's recommended lubricating oil?

Third question sir, forgive me of my inquisitive nature, will it be wise to flush d engine to get rid of sludge?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GetCofOProperty: 9:11am On Oct 08, 2018
mrbigseun:
Plz wats the avarage price for scanning

Let's help on another with guides on car purchase and maintenance.
There are good properties in choice locations that boast of a huge return on investment. Don't miss the current promos.

Please check signature in blue below and get in touch to enjoy our Free Real Estate/Property Consulting services!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2018
Considering our bad road(my area is worse) , Pls advice on what pressure should be in these tyres.. The recommendations from the Japan manufacturer is in the pic below. Should the pressure in the front Tyre be lower than the back tyres? Or I should put the same pressure in all the tyres? Vehicle is Mazda premacy 2000

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Wilfredpat22(f): 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2018
Toyota Camry 2000 for sale.

*Automatic Transmission
*with Complete papers expiring August 2019
*Ac working with Gas
*Securities on the car include- Steering Lock and Door automatic lock
*Black Alloy Rims
*Extra Tire
*Sound 4plug engine.
*Central lock

No Faults at all whatsoever

Going for 620k last slightly negotiable
Location -Ibadan
Reason for selling - owner got a New Car

Call/WhatsApp zero Eight One Five One Three eight nine nine one five
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by depair: 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2018
please I need Castrol magnatec engine oil for my BMW where can I get here in Lagos.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by danberg: 7:49am On Oct 10, 2018
Thanks for this awesome thread Gazzuzz.

Please, I recently purchased a registered Honda Pilot '04 model and need to carry out complete servicing.
Kindly, recommend the right engine oil, ATF, brake oil, power steering oil.

I would also like to know if you can recommend an A/C expert in Ibadan. Other contributions of gurus in the house are welcome.

Thanks in advance sir.

GAZZUZZ:
This thread is dedicated to solving car related problems, it will cover all issues feel free to post problems here, Car gurus your posts are welcome and highly appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (519) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.