Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,407 members, 7,881,478 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:51 PM

Charly Boy Storms Out Of Father’s Lying-in-state In Owerri - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charly Boy Storms Out Of Father’s Lying-in-state In Owerri (695 Views)

Dede-One-Day Lying In State In His Mansion In Imo Ahead Of Burial Tomorrow -pics / Charly Boy Releases New Photos As Fan Tells Him To Start A Clothing Line / Charly Boy: “Why I’m A Buddhist & Take My Siesta Inside A Coffin” - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Charly Boy Storms Out Of Father’s Lying-in-state In Owerri by aproko247: 2:39pm On Jun 27, 2014
Charles Oputa, better known as Charly Boy, is a man of many personalities. To some, he is eccentric, while others believe he is just a blunt person.

Area Fada, as he is also fondly called by his fans, held a lying-in-state ceremony for his late father, Justice Chukwudifu Oputa, in Owerri, Imo State, on Wednesday, which had the Imo State governor, Rochas Okorocha in attendance.

However, just when the event was still going on, the entertainer stormed out of the International Conference Centre hall in Owerri, venue of the ceremony.

Initially, many thought Charly Boy was going out to attend to an urgent issue outside the hall, but to their surprise, he asked his aides, security men, journalists and cameramen inside the hall to come with him, apparently informing them he was done with the lying-in-state.

From what we gathered, Charly Boy took the action when he discovered that some politicians at the event were about to hijack his dad’s lying-in-state ceremony and turn into a political rally.

It was observed that the ceremony did not start until the state governor arrived, which was behind the scheduled time. Also, before his late arrival to the venue, supporters of the governor and members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, had stormed the venue, singing and dancing. When the governor stormed the event, he was cheered by many people.

Also at the event was the National Chairman of APC, John Oyegun.

Source: www.aproko247.com/2014/06/27/charly-boy-storms-out-of-fathers-lying-in-state-in-owerri/

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Dr Sid White Wedding / Armed Robbers Can Never Rob Me, They Respect Me - Daddy Showkey Declares / Pop Queen Says, Solid Star Gives Me Goose Bumps’ – Tiwa Savage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.