Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,411 members, 7,901,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 01:16 AM

Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 (173233 Views)

MTN Scholarship 2014 Shortlists / MTN Scholarship 2014 Thread / Esso Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2014/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
I really do not understand this people ...no info on it and they know it is time bound....maybe they have better plans we are not aware of..let§ keep hoping..it will happen
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by DSSHQ: 11:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 31, 2014
linton99: I really do not understand this people ...no info on it and they know it is time bound....maybe they have better plans we are not aware of..let§ keep hoping..it will happen

don't expect much from Nddc this week/month. its either its been cancelled or postponed. if its the latter I'm certain we should be expecting some news a week from today.cheers
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 1:12am On Jul 31, 2014
DSSHQ: Can someone pls list the schools NDDC are in partnership with ? Thanks

i don't know what course you are studying but you are likely to end up in low profile universities like ( Plymouth Coventry Salford Westminster Robert Gordon ) etc if you get the scholarship.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 5:57am On Jul 31, 2014
cabaye:

i don't know what course you are studying but you are likely to end up in low profile universities like ( Plymouth Coventry Salford Westminster Robert Gordon ) etc if you get the scholarship.

Robert Gordon nor be small school o!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 31, 2014
rajrascal:

Robert Gordon nor be small school o!

can you compare the likes of Glasgow and Aberdeen universities to a common Robert Gordon in Scotland. which special course do they offer that can't be found elsewhere??

the only good thing I see about rgu is that the tuition is cheaper
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 10:10am On Jul 31, 2014
We rili dont no the intentions of NDDC anymore and as such I'm rili worried
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 10:36am On Jul 31, 2014
cabaye:

can you compare the likes of Glasgow and Aberdeen universities to a common Robert Gordon in Scotland. which special course do they offer that can't be found elsewhere??

Every good school is renowned for its top notch expertise in a particular or several fields.When we talk about schooling in the UK,most of the schools that are ranked highly have majored in some specific areas.You cannot talk about Oil and Gas related courses in the UK and ignore RGU. In a nutshell,its not the "course",but where you studied the "course"

Make we leave all this matter jare..NDDC do the needful oooo!!!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by MoyoGENERAL: 10:46am On Jul 31, 2014
cabaye:

bros who told you RGU is common and cheap... RGU is the one of the popular and expensive schools in oil and gas related courses...
you can Google it...
while MSc in petroleum engineering in Coventry goes for 12,600 pds, 15,000 in Salford, 15,700 in Aberdeen ( oil and gas), it is up to 18,000 pounds in RGU...and you call that cheap....btw that's 1000 pounds short of the NDDC kudi...
asides they offer MSc in pure drilling and well engineering which red-brick schools like imperial and Aberdeen in UK cannot boast of.............................
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 31, 2014
Dantidote: We rili dont no the intentions of NDDC anymore and as such I'm rili worried

we shall all know our faith in a weeks time. this public holidays didn't help matters .
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by MoyoGENERAL: 10:50am On Jul 31, 2014
DSSHQ: Can someone pls list the schools NDDC are in partnership with ? Thanks
Coventry university
Leeds university
Cranfield university
university of Aberdeen
Robert Gordon university
university of salford in Manchester
university of Plymouth
westminister
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by DSSHQ: 11:06am On Jul 31, 2014
MoyoGENERAL:
Coventry university
Leeds university
Cranfield university
university of Aberdeen
Robert Gordon university
university of salford in Manchester
university of Plymouth
westminister
Thanks.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by DSSHQ: 11:07am On Jul 31, 2014
cabaye:

Thanks
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hello fellas any news??
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by kurma(f): 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
So What if your admission isnt frm any of d listed universities ?wat r ur chances?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
kurma: So What if your admission isnt frm any of d listed universities ?wat r ur chances?

if you get the scholarship next week ,its either you show proof of partial payment for your desired university or you accept a course from any of the Nddc universities.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by EMMABC1(m): 3:20am On Aug 01, 2014
here is a full list of approved Universities :

University of Plymouth
Salford University
Cranfield University
Swansea University
University of Aberdeen
Robert Gordon University
Sheffield University
Coventry University
University of Leeds
University of West England
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 6:37am On Aug 01, 2014
cabaye:

if you get the scholarship next week ,its either you show proof of partial payment for your desired university or you accept a course from any of the Nddc universities.
so no one has a clue on prerequisite for obtaining d NDDC scholarship...God na ur. Hand. I dey
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 01, 2014
linton99: so no one has a clue on prerequisite for obtaining d NDDC scholarship...God na ur. Hand. I dey

prerequisite to obtain scholarship if I'm not mistaken is the documents they required during your registration..if you mean criteria used to select Nddc scholars is purely favour.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 10:02am On Aug 01, 2014
Happy New month to us all....I pray Nddc scholarship will be to us an August visitation....#TeamOptimistic..

3 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 10:56am On Aug 01, 2014
linton99: so no one has a clue on prerequisite for obtaining d NDDC scholarship...God na ur. Hand. I dey

Firstly its Baba God,pray He causes His favour to speak for you,cant emphasise that enough.

A strong presentation during the interview would have done your cause a great deal of good,cos that's another point of screening and only the names of shortlisted candidates are forwarded to NDDC board for final selection (but there are cases of people not even passing the test stage and still getting the final award).

This brings me to the next point.Who do you know?...NDDC scholarship is not 100% merit based,lots of irregularities in the system,so if you have someone to push for you,then you stand a chance to grab a slot.

I cant say much about distribution amongst the L.G.A's in the state,because a final list is not published,so we cant say for certain how it was distributed.Truth is that for NDDC to gain the trust of people,they should publish names of people invited for the interview and names of people awarded the scholarship.Till that is done,its going to always be business as usual.

(excuse me please,lemme check my phone if NDDC text message just entered tongue)

2 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by smo3: 11:04am On Aug 01, 2014
I just want to scream in their faces Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh shocked
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Jiznel(m): 1:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
smileyHello in the house..... Pls can I get to know more about the date this scholarship coming out again?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by seselez: 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
Jiznel: smileyHello in the house..... Pls can I get to know more about the date this scholarship coming out again?

Before the end of today
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 1:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
Today is supposed to be the right time to receive sms. I pray we receive sms today.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by EMMABC1(m): 1:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
It is not nddc that's our problem now. I was told GEJ is. As at last monday, he had not signed d budget on which our hopes and aspiration anchor. If otherwise somebody shud let us know d latest.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 1:28pm On Aug 01, 2014
seselez:

Before the end of today

Are you very sure we are receiving sms today? Is it from the horse's mouth?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by seselez: 1:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
GlobalCareers:

Are you very sure we are receiving sms today? Is it from the horse's mouth?
hahahahahahhahahahaahaaaaa, na from my own mouth ooo. Na me be d horse, lol, watch n c
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by kurma(f): 2:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hmm stil waiting expectantly. @Cabaye,dis one u said next week smiley
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by 4mula22(m): 2:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
What if someone has already paid his fees?
How will he settle with NDDC if he's eventually called? Cos I know that schools won't accept double payments.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by lazinc(m): 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
4mula22: What if someone has already paid his fees?
How will he settle with NDDC if he's eventually called? Cos I know that schools won't accept double payments.

If you can provide evidence of payment, NDDC will refund you the money you paid as tuition fees and the remaining balance when there is any.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
seselez:

Before the end of today

seselez na major prophet o!..doubt her at ur own peril

I recall when cabaye said one week was a barren week,na so seselez say na lie!..say the week must produce..lo n behold,them approve nddc budget dat week.

Seselez.i nor doubt u at all o..in short my eye dey fluctuate from my mailbox to sms box..i dey wait!! grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (73) (Reply)

Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! / 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread / Jamb Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.