Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,468 members, 7,951,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 08:36 AM

Years Of Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Years Of Programming (2482 Views)

Nairaland School Of Programming / Foundations Of Programming: Fundamentals / Having Consistent Headaches Because Of Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Years Of Programming by Cybergenius(m): 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2014
How many years old were you the time you started programming and what language did you start With?, Please comment
Re: Years Of Programming by ayodinho91: 6:23pm On Jun 27, 2014
20 years of age and I started off with python. But later drop it for Java.... and I'm currently doing java plus android development.

1 Like

Re: Years Of Programming by omoelu1(m): 12:30am On Jun 28, 2014
I was 17, started with HTML,to CSS to php and mysql.
Re: Years Of Programming by fattbabakay(m): 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2014
omoelu1: I was 17, started with HTML,to CSS to php and mysql.
i c u
Re: Years Of Programming by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2014
There is no clear answer for this, but what i can say is that the earlier the better.
However, when you are in the range of 17 - 20 yrs and you have already mastered programming to a great extent - people look at you like a friggin genius. And it prepares you for later life.
If you learn programming as a means of sustaining yourself, or as a means of earning a living - YOU HAVE FAILED (In Scorpion's vioce in Injustice Mobile Game)
Re: Years Of Programming by Cybergenius(m): 1:53pm On Jun 28, 2014
Started when i was 13, with -> html,css,javascript,php,java. And now i am 14years old.
Re: Years Of Programming by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
*dhtml:
There is no clear answer for this, but what i can say is that the earlier the better.
However, when you are in the range of 17 - 20 yrs and you have already mastered programming to a great extent - people look at you like a friggin genius. And it prepares you for later life.
If you learn programming as a means of sustaining yourself, or as a means of earning a living - YOU HAVE FAILED (In Scorpion's vioce in Injustice Mobile Game)

1 Like

Re: Years Of Programming by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 28, 2014
I shall be ashamed to share the same opinion with you - that will imply that we have similar IQs (which is not a good thing).

3 Likes

Re: Years Of Programming by fattbabakay(m): 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2014
*dhtml:
I shall be ashamed to share the same opinion with you - that will imply that we have similar IQs (which is not a good thing).
lmfao!!!

1 Like

Re: Years Of Programming by fattbabakay(m): 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2014
Cybergenius: Started when i was 13, with -> html,css,javascript,php,java. And now i am 14years old.
like seriously?? shocked ...abeg re u on whatsapp??
Re: Years Of Programming by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 28, 2014
Cybergenius: Started when i was 13, with -> html,css,javascript,php,java. And now i am 14years old.
Adonbilivit, your combination if OFF-KEY. Hard to be doing php,javascript and JAVA all together at 13yrs except maybe you are just doing elementary or you are a SUPER GENIUS.

At 15 - 16yrs, i was doing:
- MASTERY OF MS-DOS (Internal and external command, and batch-file processing)
- QBASIC (via Qbasic 4.5 Compiler)
- FORTRAN (watfor77.exe compiler)
- PASCAL (Turbo Pascal Compiler)
- VISUAL BASIC 6.0 / Win32 Programming
- Visual C++ / MFC
16 - 17YRS
- HTML,CSS,Javascript
- DROPPED OUT OF PROGRAMMING FOR A FEW YEARS DUE TO LACK OF KOMPUTA
20yrs+
- RETURNS WITH A BANG
- Javascript
- PERL(PRACTICAL EXTRACTION AND REPORT LANGUAGE) - runs it out tripod.lycos.com back then, and had this angelfire account and geocities.yahoo.com account i used back them
Then later on, PERL went underground, and enters PHP. . . . . . .and then i was reborn and named myself mister DHTML.
Re: Years Of Programming by OmolodMilkman93(m): 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2014
I am 20 and I am just starting with HTML,.... angry
Re: Years Of Programming by Cybergenius(m): 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
fattbabakay: like seriously?? shocked ...abeg re u on whatsapp??
bbm: 2B0EC70F
Re: Years Of Programming by fattbabakay(m): 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2014
Cybergenius: bbm: 2B0E****
10x boss...sent u a request....Edit ur pin sha
Re: Years Of Programming by blueyedgeek(m): 6:58pm On Jun 28, 2014

var age = (2 + 2) * (2 + 3);

var yearStarted = "This year";

alert(yearStarted + ", " + "I started learning how to code" + ". " + "I am" + " " + age + " " + "years old" );
Re: Years Of Programming by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2014
My BBPIN is 264021A*
Re: Years Of Programming by Karleb(m): 7:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
I started this year, and I never learn pass html and CSS due to lack of computer.

But now i've sand side I.e Ama start JS right away.

My age is errmmm...
Re: Years Of Programming by omoelu1(m): 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2014
fattbabakay: i c u
hehehe!!! you find me reach here.
na you na
Re: Years Of Programming by Djtm(m): 11:18pm On Jun 28, 2014
*dhtml:

Adonbilivit, your combination if OFF-KEY. Hard to be doing php,javascript and JAVA all together at 13yrs except maybe you are just doing elementary or you are a SUPER GENIUS.

At 15 - 16yrs, i was doing:
- MASTERY OF MS-DOS (Internal and external command, and batch-file processing)
- QBASIC (via Qbasic 4.5 Compiler)
- FORTRAN (watfor77.exe compiler)
- PASCAL (Turbo Pascal Compiler)
- VISUAL BASIC 6.0 / Win32 Programming
- Visual C++ / MFC
16 - 17YRS
- HTML,CSS,Javascript
- DROPPED OUT OF PROGRAMMING FOR A FEW YEARS DUE TO LACK OF KOMPUTA
20yrs+
- RETURNS WITH A BANG
- Javascript
- PERL(PRACTICAL EXTRACTION AND REPORT LANGUAGE) - runs it out tripod.lycos.com back then, and had this angelfire account and geocities.yahoo.com account i used back them
Then later on, PERL went underground, and enters PHP. . . . . . .and then i was reborn and named myself mister DHTML.
Bros you don old o! MS-DOS ke?
Re: Years Of Programming by Djtm(m): 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2014
I was 15 when I started html and css.
16 php.
Then I learnt javascript (and jquery) and python. Took fortran, assembly and C as courses at school. Not great at them tho. Can only do basic stuffs with them (school syllabus scope).
Re: Years Of Programming by BlackSwan: 4:19am On Jun 30, 2014
It's like you guys studied or are studying CSC in school, you were just so young! I didn't touch programming until I was past 20 and then I just did it as a hobby. Had to quit when more pressing obligations came up.
Re: Years Of Programming by Djtm(m): 4:53am On Jun 30, 2014
Black Swan: It's like you guys studied or are studying CSC in school, you were just so young! I didn't touch programming until I was past 20 and then I just did it as a hobby. Had to quit when more pressing obligations came up.
I'm not studying CS (which makes coding more difficult). Most programmers start(ed) programming at a young age.
Re: Years Of Programming by BlackSwan: 5:44am On Jun 30, 2014
Djtm:
I'm not studying CS (which makes coding more difficult). Most programmers start(ed) programming at a young age.
How does doing CS makes coding difficult?
Re: Years Of Programming by Djtm(m): 9:58am On Jun 30, 2014
Black Swan:
I never said it does. Read my post again, carefully this time.
Re: Years Of Programming by BlackSwan: 10:04am On Jun 30, 2014
Lol,
Nairaland.
The place where any small rat can go to feel like some great and mighty intellectual. No be only read my post carefully.
Mtsheew.
Re: Years Of Programming by Ajibel(m): 9:15pm On Jun 30, 2014
Started blogging @14
Started web programming @17
Re: Years Of Programming by omoelu1(m): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2014
Black Swan:
actually what he said was that :" coding is more difficult (for him) because he's not studying computer science

2 Likes

Re: Years Of Programming by aphildam(m): 9:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
i had my first real encounter with, programming back then in 2009/100 levels days, was 16+ then, and it was an alien kind of course to me, i failed the paper test( scaped tru basic and fotran with low grades), hated it then though it was a general course.... But there was a hidden geek in me...
2012 during my IT, i started html 4, css,php and javascript, i tried in all my modest means to be a geek, i also learned about a lot IT stuffs..., live goes on ,currently i speak java, c, c++ --- similar syntax langs , python, with 3d modelling and animation
... trying to be a modest geek, i had to pause Android, so as be fluent in java become learning her......
"The GeekSquad says there is no limit to d Geeks Alliance gathered as a hungry army."
"Your failures could be ur chance to rise stronger"......
" Never say never", i was told html was sillly hard, when i was a dummy, i refused to believe but went on,"never say die", cos they came back and i tutored them." never give up"
"am not an all geek, but i ain't ignorant"
i press towards d mark of a higher calling
Re: Years Of Programming by pychick(f): 10:07pm On Jul 02, 2014
I started with QBASIC @13, I attended a F.G.C then, was never allowed those maths teachers to compile my codes on those win98 systems with gwbasic compiler in those days, those systems were later dumped when ptdf intervention refreshed my school's computer lab with fresh win xp systems. I had already started HTML/Javascript by that time, php 2 yrs after and then Python lady till date.
Re: Years Of Programming by aphildam(m): 11:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
pychick, re u a real python that squash d chickens
Re: Years Of Programming by pjosh1(m): 11:14am On Jul 04, 2014
Got into tech and programming wen i was 14 and have been learning everytin possible from OSes, languages, etc. I am familiar with virtually everything related to computer, servers, languages , etc. Spent 3years learning everything possible(excluding programming) and plan start going fully into programming dis year wen i'm 18 wit sme reasonable amnt of knwldge on the area i plan on specializing
Re: Years Of Programming by airsaylongcon: 12:43am On Jul 06, 2014
started programming at 13 back in the day when programs where saved on radio cassette tapes (TDK never ever failed) my first language was the original BASIC where we were limited to 80-column screens! I still write my programs no longer than 80 characters per line. We connected the computer then to the TV screen and woe betide you if you were programming at 4pm when NTA was about to start broadcasting. We didn't have the luxury of operating systems talkless of GUI then. Just a blank screen with a prompt that just said READY>. Oh and to do graphic programming then, we used PEEK and POKE keywords. Was bloody as hell then oh...no internet so books was the only way...once one of us had a new programming book, the book name na sorry because everyone go read am type the programs therein until the book tear to pieces. Then there was a book written by C.S. French...Lord bless him but that was the Larcombe's of programming then

(1) (2) (Reply)

Implemented Imei Generator With Python..... / Don't Joke With These Math Topics If You Want To Be A Successful Game Dev / How To Get Free Computer Science Education Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.