Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:41 AM

Pls Help - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls Help (1267 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help by fubbyy(m): 11:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
This nairaland data lost really affected everything, I had a thread that I should've kept my eyes on but its all gone

So am opening it again...

I created a diary in my phone that contain things like music lyrics,past events records,stories and so on

All these things are very important to me because it will be useful in the future,my problem now is how can I save them in my memory card in case if something happened to my phone like formatting or phone lost

Is there anyway I can save this items,they are 2 much to be copied down to paper with pen

Is there any app that can do this magic for me or any strategy to copy them and paste straight to my memory card
Re: Pls Help by obisite: 11:14pm On Jun 27, 2014
fubbyy: This nairaland data lost really affected everything, I had a thread that I should've kept my eyes on but its all gone

I created a diary in my phone that contain things like music lyrics,past events records,stories and so on

All these things are very important to me because it will be useful in the future,my problem now is how can I save them in my memory card in case if something happened to my phone like formatting or phone lost

Is there anyway I can save this items,they are 2 much to be copied down to paper with pen

Is there any app that can do this magic for me or any strategy to copy them and paste straight to my memory card

Which fone do u use?
Re: Pls Help by Adrenaline123(m): 11:29pm On Jun 27, 2014
Get a new gmail account and you automatically have a free online space of 15gigabyte to save things.
Goto
http://drive.google.com/

to get started.
Re: Pls Help by fubbyy(m): 11:54pm On Jun 27, 2014
obisite:

Which fone do u use?
bb curve 3
Re: Pls Help by fubbyy(m): 11:55pm On Jun 27, 2014
Adrenaline123: Get a new gmail account and you automatically have a free online space of 15gigabyte to save things.
Goto
http://drive.google.com/

to get started.
to save things in my mail box? Am talking about saving in my memory card
Re: Pls Help by Adrenaline123(m): 11:08am On Jun 28, 2014
fubbyy: to save things in my mail box? Am talking about saving in my memory card
no its not your mail, its an online backup where you can save ur precious files and get them back when needed.

Talking about saving it in memory card, then u must make sure u keep the card safe. Thats why uploading it online is more safe.
Re: Pls Help by fubbyy(m): 8:16pm On Jun 28, 2014
Adrenaline123:
no its not your mail, its an online backup where you can save ur precious files and get them back when needed.

Talking about saving it in memory card, then u must make sure u keep the card safe. Thats why uploading it online is more safe.

yea am talking about saving it in a mem card, do you know anyway I can do it, I mean saving my typed documents in a mem card
Re: Pls Help by Adrenaline123(m): 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
fubbyy: yea am talking about saving it in a mem card, do you know anyway I can do it, I mean saving my typed documents in a mem card

yeah, I use to do it, I even have some saved .doc and pdf files in my mem.card right now.

There are two ways.
But first of all, is the typed documents in your computer or phone?
Re: Pls Help by fubbyy(m): 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2014
Adrenaline123:

yeah, I use to do it, I even have some saved .doc and pdf files in my mem.card right now.

There are two ways.
But first of all, is the typed documents in your computer or phone?
phone, bb curve 3
Re: Pls Help by ify84(m): 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2014
pls... how do I use d Google drive.... I log in now but didn't quite understand...

de said I shd click to get started... I did... nothing else...
how do I go about it... can I save My phone numbers... my write ups on NOTE.... my pdf... etc
Re: Pls Help by Adrenaline123(m): 9:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
fubbyy: phone, bb curve 3
ok, if that is the case.

Ist method.
1. Get a memory card reader, about #150 or #200,
2. Get a new mem.card (size: depending on what u want to save) insert the new memory card for backup into the card reader.
3. With the memcard in the card reader, insert the card reader into the USB port of a desktop PC or laptop,
4. Pair ur BB's bluetooth with the PC's (the PC must be bluetooth enabled)
5. Transfer the files to ur PC using the bluetooth
6. Create a zip folder in the mem.card already inserted through the card reader.
7. Move the received files into the zipped folder in the mem.card.
8. Remove the mem.card and keep it safe.
9. Before u insert the new mem.card, make sure it is alredy formatted and that the PC is virus free.

I prefer a zip folder to an ordinary folder b/c virus don't normally attack a zip folder.

Method 2.
1. Get a new mem.card
2. U must see a friend around u that uses nokia phone. Ask him for his phone.
3. Insert the new mem. Card into the nokia phone
4. Transfer your precious files from ur BB to the nokia phone using bluetooth.
5. Make sure the transfered files enter into the new mem.card,
6. Remove it and keep it safe.

If u are confused or didn't get it, let me knw.
Re: Pls Help by Adrenaline123(m): 10:00pm On Jun 28, 2014
ify84: pls... how do I use d Google drive.... I log in now but didn't quite understand...

de said I shd click to get started... I did... nothing else...
how do I go about it... can I save My phone numbers... my write ups on NOTE.... my pdf... etc

if u didn't see a red arrow pointing up for upload, then its not compatible with ur phone.

I have made a research, the google drive works well on PC and smartphones/android. Did you sign in with any of these? If no I know another online backup that works on all phone and its easy to use. Reply first
Re: Pls Help by fubbyy(m): 11:21pm On Jun 28, 2014
Adrenaline123: ok, if that is the case.

Ist method.
1. Get a memory card reader, about #150 or #200,
2. Get a new mem.card (size: depending on what u want to save) insert the new memory card for backup into the card reader.
3. With the memcard in the card reader, insert the card reader into the USB port of a desktop PC or laptop,
4. Pair ur BB's bluetooth with the PC's (the PC must be bluetooth enabled)
5. Transfer the files to ur PC using the bluetooth
6. Create a zip folder in the mem.card already inserted through the card reader.
7. Move the received files into the zipped folder in the mem.card.
8. Remove the mem.card and keep it safe.
9. Before u insert the new mem.card, make sure it is alredy formatted and that the PC is virus free.

I prefer a zip folder to an ordinary folder b/c virus don't normally attack a zip folder.

Method 2.
1. Get a new mem.card
2. U must see a friend around u that uses nokia phone. Ask him for his phone.
3. Insert the new mem. Card into the nokia phone
4. Transfer your precious files from ur BB to the nokia phone using bluetooth.
5. Make sure the transfered files enter into the new mem.card,
6. Remove it and keep it safe.

If u are confused or didn't get it, let me knw.
The method 1 will be difficult for me because I don't have a pc,I need something I can do right here in my room which you described in method 2 but am a bit confused

How can I transfer a document from bb to nokia through bluetooth?

The document am talking about is not media files like picture,music or video,am talking about some things I created by typing, such as music lyrics and some past events written stories

Are they transferable? I have a nokia phone
Re: Pls Help by Adrenaline123(m): 1:03am On Jun 29, 2014
fubbyy: The method 1 will be difficult for me because I don't have a pc,I need something I can do right here in my room which you described in method 2 but am a bit confused

How can I transfer a document from bb to nokia through bluetooth?

The document am talking about is not media files like picture,music or video,am talking about some things I created by typing, such as music lyrics and some past events written stories

Are they transferable? I have a nokia phone

I haven't used BB before, but they should be, I knw they are not media files. Check and try if u can be able to send it. But am sure u can send typed docs on nokia
Re: Pls Help by ify84(m): 2:13pm On Jun 29, 2014
Adrenaline123:

if u didn't see a red arrow pointing up for upload, then its not compatible with ur phone.

I have made a research, the google drive works well on PC and smartphones/android. Did you sign in with any of these? If no I know another online backup that works on all phone and its easy to use. Reply first

am using tecno p3 android.....
Am I downloading anything... I saw upload
Re: Pls Help by Adrenaline123(m): 2:16pm On Jun 29, 2014
ify84:

am using tecno p3 android.....
Am I downloading anything... I saw upload

you can down the app from play store, but if u saw upload, then u can now upload your files and they will be safe there.
Re: Pls Help by ify84(m): 2:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
Adrenaline123:

you can down the app from play store, but if u saw upload, then u can now upload your files and they will be safe there.

sorry I didn't see upload..... is it d right website link... I saw... click here to get started and d next page shown me has SEARCH...

WHAT OTHER APP CAN I USE..... D GOOGLE DRIVE ON PLAY STORE IS 12MB.....NO SPACE ON PHONE AGAIN
Re: Pls Help by Adrenaline123(m): 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2014
ify84:

sorry I didn't see upload..... is it d right website link... I saw... click here to get started and d next page shown me has SEARCH...

WHAT OTHER APP CAN I USE..... D GOOGLE DRIVE ON PLAY STORE IS 12MB.....NO SPACE ON PHONE AGAIN
ok, here check this

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.docs&hl=en
Re: Pls Help by Adrenaline123(m): 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ok, another cloud backup is UC cloud backup. U need to have a UC browser for easier back up, it is also good too. Do u have UC browser on u phone
Re: Pls Help by ify84(m): 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2014
Adrenaline123: Ok, another cloud backup is UC cloud backup. U need to have a UC browser for easier back up, it is also good too. Do u have UC browser on u phone

I use Uc web to browse... what is d how? using UC
Re: Pls Help by LordReed(m): 5:53pm On Jun 29, 2014
fubbyy: This nairaland data lost really affected everything, I had a thread that I should've kept my eyes on but its all gone

1st question, what app on bb did you use to type?
Re: Pls Help by fubbyy(m): 7:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
Lord_Reed:

1st question, what app on bb did you use to type?
Memo pad, but I can copy all my materials there and paste it in any app that can do the magic for me
Re: Pls Help by LordReed(m): 11:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
fubbyy: Memo pad, but I can copy all my materials there and paste it in any app that can do the magic for me

Then get documents-to-go, copy from memopad paste in docs-to-go and save the .doc files in your memory card.
Re: Pls Help by fubbyy(m): 2:10am On Jun 30, 2014
Lord_Reed:

Then get documents-to-go, copy from memopad paste in docs-to-go and save the .doc files in your memory card.
I've downloaded it but can't find where to paste my documents and save, no where to even create new doc
Re: Pls Help by LordReed(m): 7:41am On Jun 30, 2014
fubbyy: I've downloaded it but can't find where to paste my documents and save, no where to even create new doc

It means you didn't get the premium version. If you can't get the premium version find another app for bb that allows you to create .doc or .txt files. I no longer pay much attention to the bb platform so aside from docs-to-go I don't know any other doc editor for bb.
Re: Pls Help by Adrenaline123(m): 8:00am On Jun 30, 2014
ify84:

I use Uc web to browse... what is d how? using UC
perfect, just check around the application, look for where u can find UC disk, its a free onlone backup, sign in and backup ur files, as easy as that.
Re: Pls Help by fubbyy(m): 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2014
Lord_Reed:

It means you didn't get the premium version. If you can't get the premium version find another app for bb that allows you to create .doc or .txt files. I no longer pay much attention to the bb platform so aside from docs-to-go I don't know any other doc editor for bb.
apart from this "document to go" which isn't working for me, do you know of any other strategy to save these things in my memory card
Re: Pls Help by LordReed(m): 8:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
fubbyy: apart from this "document to go" which isn't working for me, do you know of any other strategy to save these things in my memory card

Well if you can locate the files which are storing your work, you can transfer them directly in file manager.
Re: Pls Help by fubbyy(m): 1:08am On Jul 01, 2014
Lord_Reed:

Well if you can locate the files which are storing your work, you can transfer them directly in file manager.
I don't really understand this, can you explain it well to me?
Re: Pls Help by LordReed(m): 2:11am On Jul 01, 2014
fubbyy: I don't really understand this, can you explain it well to me?

The work you did in memopad is stored in specific files on your device. If you can locate them in file manager you can also transfer them to a memory card.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help by fubbyy(m): 2:16am On Jul 01, 2014
Lord_Reed:

The work you did in memopad is stored in specific files on your device. If you can locate them in file manager you can also transfer them to a memory card.
ok, now how to locate it is another problem, thanks
Re: Pls Help by fubbyy(m): 2:17am On Jul 01, 2014
Lord_Reed:

how do I get to my file manager?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is MTN The Cheapest Network Currently? / Innjoo Teases Fire Pro Smartphone With 4G LTE And Android 5.0 Lollipop OS / My Infinix Zero X506 Is Hanging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.