Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,588 members, 7,968,691 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 11:29 AM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (491857 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by wordychap: 5:53pm On Jun 04, 2015
Icon4s:

Y nt give a call to Okon hu lives in Uyo.
Okon doesn't watch Nigeria's matches
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 5:57pm On Jun 04, 2015
safarigirl:
oh, Ajayi is an Edo name? undecided

Some parts of Edo bear yoruba names. I am from edo too.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by 1miccza: 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
LeeCodeman:

Brazil won 2-1
Thanks saw it later after asking
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
linked:
@ joseph1013
@ tbaba1234
@LeeCodeman

One down.... Next! grin

How will you rate the midfield today ?

I would have love to quote u after the final match of the group stage .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
linked:
@ joseph1013
@ tbaba1234
@LeeCodeman

One down.... Next! grin

Yeah man...let them come. We're getting our grooves back.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:10pm On Jun 04, 2015
linked:
@ joseph1013
@ tbaba1234
@LeeCodeman

One down.... Next! grin

*smiles* Come rain come shine. We're winning the trophy
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by chaberry(m): 6:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
Hope we can draw our last group game, so we can avoid Germany in the round of 16, because the way our boys have been playing i don't think we can withstand them
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jieta: 6:45pm On Jun 04, 2015
chaberry:
Hope we can draw our last group game, so we can avoid Germany in the round of 16, because the way our boys have been playing i don't think we can withstand them
u just remove the words frm my mouth, prevention is better than cure
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 6:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
Actually, I think we are better off meeting Germany. We already have an idea of how they play. It's going to be a sweet victory for us. They have a very easy group.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by chaberry(m): 6:54pm On Jun 04, 2015
A draw will take us to 4points with a 2goals different, which will be enough for us to qualify as one of the 4 best losers. in such scenario we are likely to meet GroupA winner(likely, USA or Ukraine) or GroupD winner(Uruguay, Mali, Mexico & Serbia are all tied on 3points).. SO, GO 4 DRAW F/EAGLES!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:58pm On Jun 04, 2015
tbaba1234:

The other players were in better positions, it was the sensible thing to do. I think, the defensive balance is there now, we need to start working on the attack..
Yes on the two goals u could say so not the entire game especially the first half he was the least.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Lokogoma: 7:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
why is Moses Simon not playing
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 7:04pm On Jun 04, 2015
On the average ,Germany has scored 5.5 goals per match ...it's better we avoid them now till we re ready to match them strength for strength .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by enomakos(m): 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
chaberry:
so you want us to finish 3rd?no way bring on the machines
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by enomakos(m): 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
jieta:
u just remove the words frm my mouth, prevention is better than cure
the germans are in a very weak group that why they are thrashing their opponents
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
enomakos:
the germans are in a very weak group that why they are thrashing their opponents

Then which of the group is d toughest ? The German machines are very good and very clinical in front of goal .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by chaberry(m): 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2015
LeeCodeman:
Actually, I think we are better off meeting Germany. We already have an idea of how they play. It's going to be a sweet victory for us. They have a very easy group.
I laugh when i see people making statement like the bolded. Do you think football is mathematics where 2 is always bigger than 1(i beat you yesterday and i'll automatically beat you 2day), our team is currently struggling while Germany are firing at all cylinder. We might have beaten DPR K today but in actuality we are still having identity crisis(not having a trusted 1st eleven, even the no.1 striker Awoniyi is yet to score) and our performance is still yet not convincing, it will be better for us to avoid them now, maybe after when we might have beaten our round of 16 opponents and regain some confidence, we can then start thinking of playing teams like Germany, Portugal, Brazil, even Argentina(don't write them off yet)
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
chaberry:
I laugh when i see people making statement like the bolded. Do you think football is mathematics where 2 is always bigger than 1(i beat you yesterday and i'll automatically beat you 2day), our team is currently struggling while Germany are firing at all cylinder. We might have beaten DPR K today but in actuality we are still having identity crisis(not having a trusted 1st eleven, even the no.1 striker Awoniyi is yet to score) and our performance is still yet not convincing, it will be better for us to avoid them now, maybe after when we might have beaten our round of 16 opponents and regain some confidence, we can then start thinking of playing teams like Germany, Portugal, Brazil, even Argentina(don't write them off yet)

How can u say football is not about mathematics then say we should not want to play Germany? I would think being that football is played on the field not paper you would be confident in this team or have u not watched them play before the world cup? They can beat any team in the world so why be scared of Germany i say we get them now before they gain further momentum.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by chaberry(m): 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
enomakos:
so you want us to finish 3rd?no way bring on the machines
3rd is not bad especially in this kind of scenario where you have to weigh your two options. Will you rather play Germany when USA/Ukraine is an option?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Napoleon55(m): 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
If I am Manu Garba,I will plan and play draw with Hungary just to avoid germany,reasons r our confidence have been tempered by the loss to the brazilians. It is not an act of cowardice but as the bible says--
A wise man forseth trouble and hideth himself----
This was what costs us USA '94,if we had avoided Italy,it would have been a different story.
Bt whatever happens God will be on our side
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by chaberry(m): 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

How can u say football is not about mathematics then say we should not want to play Germany? I would think being that football is played on the field not paper you would be confident in this team or have u not watched them play before the world cup? They can beat any team in the world so why be scared of Germany i say we get them now before they gain further momentum.
Yes!! Football is not mathematics, but never you underestimate a team that knows how to deliver and always deliver at the big stage. It's this same over-confidence you're showcasing, that makes us to underestimate Brazil(some even said that Nigeria are going to thrash them), but cometh the hour cometh the man, we all know how it went.. So broh, avoid Germany 4 ur own good(they surelly knows hw to deliver even when they are playing badly)
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by wordychap: 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Leave mouth, any day anytime we meet Germany in this competition, we'll pack our luggages home
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by chaberry(m): 7:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
wordychap:

Leave mouth, any day anytime we meet Germany in this competition, we'll pack our luggages home
Don't mind them, they think playing Hoffeiham u.23 is the same with playing against any German national team
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by AIG07: 8:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
safarigirl:
oh, Ajayi is an Edo name? undecided
me too no know o. By d way history tells us that edo people are descendants of Oduduwa.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
chaberry:
Yes!! Football is not mathematics, but never you underestimate a team that knows how to deliver and always deliver at the big stage. It's this same over-confidence you're showcasing, that makes us to underestimate Brazil(some even said that Nigeria are going to thrash them), but cometh the hour cometh the man, we all know how it went.. So broh, avoid Germany 4 ur own good(they surelly knows hw to deliver even when they are playing badly)

So we should all run for cover from Germany right? Even in the finals lets hope their bus crashes is that our plan? If you are not willing to play the best then what's the point. I'm not being proud i just have a justifiable belief in this team thank God for that loss cuz now the boys can sit up. Even Argentina lost to a good Ghana side they were down 3-0 at some point but no one is saying Argentina was over hyped with proud fans who can't face reality, do they not have professionals were they not playing a team with mostly local or academy players? In my honest opin i feel we have more to be optimistic about than most teams in this tournament we have not yet played our best ball and we are still in line to qualify
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by enomakos(m): 8:21pm On Jun 04, 2015
chaberry:
3rd is not bad especially in this kind of scenario where you have to weigh your two options. Will you rather play Germany when USA/Ukraine is an option?
what made u think us or ukraine will be a walkover?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by enomakos(m): 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
lexyman:

Then which of the group is d toughest ? The German machines are very good and very clinical in front of goal .
they are beatable, nigeria is not fiji
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by AIG07: 8:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
[quote butor=chaberry post=34430632]A draw will take us to 4points with a 2goals different, which will be enough for us to qualify as one of the 4 best losers. in such scenario we are likely to meet GroupA winner(likely, USA or Ukraine) or GroupD winner(Uruguay, Mali, Mexico & Serbia are all tied on 3points).. SO, GO 4 DRAW F/EAGLES!![/quote]
i'm disappointed by this kind of post. Abeg no short cut to GLORY. You must be tested n tried before you recieve medals for anyset goals in life even in football.Bring on d german machines. Verily verily, I tell u we got spanners that will untight n split their defence, we got screwdrivers n hammers that will drive in goals... Abeg when this players fully understand each other n gels together, Nations(our opponents) will tremble @ d sound of D name FLYINGEAGLES OF NIGERIA. But to be sincere most fans here are underestimating the potentials in this team... Make d germans de fire tanks i no care. Brazil did more than that @U-17 wc de never reach semi-final.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Icon4s(m): 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2015
This one people are now scared of Germany i thought we said we were favourites to lift the cup. undecided

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:38pm On Jun 04, 2015
Icon4s:
This one people are now scared of Germany i thought we said we were favourites to lift the cup. undecided

abi o na wat dey confuse me.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Xzbit91: 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2015
no one is saying anything about our baby faced assassin chidera ezeh, abi e no go play match?
Here's my own formation for Hungary
. . . . . . . . Enaholo
Musa. . . Ndidi . . . Bello . . . . Mustapha
. . . . . ... .. Idowu
. . . .. . . . .. . .. .. . . . Matthew
. . ... . . . .. .. . Sokari
. . Savior . . . .. . Yahaya
. . . . . . Success
with Moses Simon, Iheanacho and Nwakali coming on for yahaya, savior and matthew respectively

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by chaberry(m): 8:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
AIG07:

i'm disappointed by this kind of post. Abeg no short cut to GLORY. You must be tested n tried before you recieve medals for anyset goals in life even in football.Bring on d german machines. Verily verily, I tell u we got spanners that will untight n split their defence, we got screwdrivers n hammers that will drive in goals... Abeg when this players fully understand each other n gels together, Nations(our opponents) will tremble @ d sound of D name FLYINGEAGLES OF NIGERIA. But to be sincere most fans here are underestimating the potentials in this team... Make d germans de fire tanks i no care. Brazil did more than that @U-17 wc de never reach semi-final.
You guys boast more than this against Brazil(which is actually a weaker team then Germany) and still lose. The higher your expectation the higher your dissappointment and hearthbreak.. Enuff said

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.