Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,216 members, 7,880,792 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:54 AM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (484959 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Greenbuoy(m): 2:03pm On May 16, 2015
pistol no dey kiss my forehead right now but my two handz dey up!...i just dey throway salute to every soul keeping this thread alive..Jah bless u all!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 2:08pm On May 16, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Firm Favourites, Argentina, names Arguably the Strongest Final U20 WC squad[/size]

Argentina coach Humberto Grondona has announced his final list of 21 players for the Fifa Under-20 World Cup in New Zealand.

The ‘La Celeste’, who will be facing Ghana, Austria and Panama in the group stages, have a squad that is dominated by players from River Plate. Striker Giovanni, son of Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone, leads the list of five players from River.

Grondona’s final squad also has four players from the European leagues - Tiago Casasola (Fulham), Maximiliano Rolón (Barcelona - Spain), Ángel Correa (Atlético Madrid) and Emiliano Buendía (Getafe).

Argentina are scheduled to move camp from their homeland to Tahiti for a one-week period (from May 18-25), where they will play a double friendly against their hosts before leaving for New Zealand, five days ahead of their World Cup opener against Panama in Wellington.

The Argentina under-20s face Ghana’s Black Satellites on June 2 and complete their Group B campaign against Austria on June 5.

Argentina under-20 final squad:

Goalkeepers:

Augusto Batalla (River)

José Devecchi (San Lorenzo)

Augstín Rossi (Estudiantes LP)

Defenders:

Emanuel Mammana (River)

Tiago Casasola (Fulham - England)

Facundo Monteseigrín (Lanús)

Rodrigo Moreira (Independiente)

Lucas Suárez (Quilmes)

Midfielders:

Daniel Ibáñez (San Lorenzo)

Nicolás Tripichio (Vélez)

Andrés Cubas (Boca)

Leandro Rolón (Vélez)

Tomás Martínez (River)

Alejandro Romero Gamarra (Huracán)

Forwards:

Sebastián Driussi (River)

Maximiliano Rolón (Barcelona - Spain)

Ángel Correa (Atlético Madrid - Spain)

Cristian Espinoza (Huracán)

Cristian Pavón (Boca)

Giovanni Simeone (River)

Emiliano Buendía (Getafe - Spain)
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Badosqi(m): 2:13pm On May 16, 2015
Abeg! Na God I use beg you guys, stop derailing this thread with super eagles debate. Who cares about Emenike, Oshaniwon, Echie, Stephen keshi on a U-20 team where we have real star players. Please go and open another thread for super eagles news.

4 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 2:15pm On May 16, 2015
Ghana is camping in Australia, much better with the timing issues.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by kannymoore(m): 2:17pm On May 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I now remember. I think he was one of those we expected to watch at the CHAN tourney but injured.

I agree with you in a way on your selection problem with Coach Keshi.

How the hell did Coach Keshi allow us endure torturing games with Echiejile on the left back when Oshaniwa and Benjamin Francis are clearly better.

In one of the qualifiers, he brought back an unfit Echiejile that cost us a game before he made Oshaniwa permanent and the results changed.

I hope Coach Keshi does not make these kind of silly errors.

safarigirl, sorry O!!! This is the last Coach Keshi talk for now. LOL.

Bros..
Benjamin Francis's cross assist was the only thing he did right all day! That guy was a collosal flop in that match!

As the game wore on, the Italians soon realized that our left side was totally nonexistent and started making bombarding runs through that end..oneof wich resulted in a goal before pirlo came on and totally grabbed the game by the scuff of its neck till the Italians equalized.

Abeg... no one should mention that old papa's name near the eagles lineup ever again..PLEASE!...he was sooo bad that he didn't know whom to mark anymore..hence retreating backwards into our 18yard box and even causing more confusion with the centrebacks.

Shet.. I no suppose even comment on Keshi's eagles matter sef.. the sight of that Coach just makes my blood boil anytime iremember his lackluster and extremely boring style of coaching.

Tuuueeeh!!! angry
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 2:18pm On May 16, 2015
Please let us leave super Eagles matter alone...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Greenbuoy(m): 2:23pm On May 16, 2015
And to my darling FE, i love you DIIIEEE!
If anyone here thinks he/she loves that team so much, i love it more than he/she does!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:30pm On May 16, 2015
We have to admit in hindsight that Iheanacho did the right thing by ditching Keshi, he saw the world played with and against some of the best of our era and now he is going to walk into Man City first team. What i love about this kid is the same damn thing i love about the whole team all of them want to be great and they know playing as a team is the only way. Yes! they are the FUTURE!

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mackfame: 2:38pm On May 16, 2015
Win or lose, this is the only team worth supporting in Nigeria now. If you support any other (male) team in Nigeria , na heart attack you dey find cheesy

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Greenbuoy(m): 2:38pm On May 16, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
We have to admit in hindsight that Iheanacho did the right thing by ditching Keshi, he saw the world played with and against some of the best of our era and now he is going to walk into Man City first team. What i love about this kid is the same damn thing i love about the whole team all of them want to be great and they know playing as a team is the only way. Yes! they are the FUTURE!
u fitu say that again, bro!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 2:59pm On May 16, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
We have to admit in hindsight that 1) Iheanacho did the right thing by ditching Keshi, he saw the world played with and against some of the best of our era and now 2) he is going to walk into Man City first team. What i love about this kid is the same damn thing i love about the whole team all of them want to be great and they know playing as a team is the only way. Yes! they are the FUTURE!
1) Yes, he made the right choice in the long run 2) He hasn't 'walked' into any team and most likely will not 'walk' into the team. We just have to pray his case is strong enough to make him get a spot smiley
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 16, 2015
safarigirl:
biko, don't compare my loff to that nkita ara, he's a good, calm boy. Awoniyi is not Suarez, CR7 is a better comparison, no be only Barcelona get players.

#Awoniyi4Bernabeu....
lol. The 'nkita ara' 'bu' prolific striker and that's where the comparison ends. No personality match-making. Even CR7 is no calm mr goody two shoes. He has got his wild days just like suarez. Not a perfect fit for your calm good 'loff' in the least.

@the emboldened, let's not even take a hike to the trifling. I'm no barca fan. Awoniyi might end up playing for my team #Chelsea. You just never can predict that.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 3:52pm On May 16, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Argentina confident of NZ adventure[/size]

Coach of Ghana Under-20 World Cup group opponents Argentina expects his squad to excel at the 2015 Fifa competition later this month.

Argentina is the undisputed champion in the U20 category having carried the trophy five times, more than any other country. They triumped in the last South American U20 Championship brushing aside teams like Paraguay, Brazil, and Uruguay.

Humberto Grondona, whose team will face the Black Satellites, Panama and Austria has praised the progress being made by his charges ahead of the New Zealand World Cup.

"I have an excellent squad, which has improved even more after the South American Championship,” he said.

The Argentine U20 team has a rich history of producing superstars in this competitio having been represented by the likes of Maradona, Messi, Aguero, Saviola, to name a few. Therefore, all eyes are on them and the individual talents to see which of them make his mark and become the next World Star.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 4:15pm On May 16, 2015
Argentina and Germany also have excellent teams. Brazil changed players from the south American championship so they might be better..

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 4:19pm On May 16, 2015
kelechi iheanacho finally hit germany grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 4:38pm On May 16, 2015
tbaba1234:
Argentina and Germany also have excellent teams. Brazil changed players from the south American championship so they might be better..
both countries are continental champions. I do beleive they'll be saying same of the Nigerian team having factored the antecedents of this current set-up, the fact that most of them are familiar with each other is a strong point

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 4:38pm On May 16, 2015
Epaul:
lol. The 'nkita ara' 'bu' prolific stricker and that's where the comparison ends. No personality match-making. Even CR7 is no calm mr goody two shoes. He has got his wild days just like suarez. Not a perfect fit for your calm good 'loff' in the least.

@the emboldened, let's not even take a hike to the trifling. I'm no barca fan. Awoniyi might end up playing for my team #Chelsea. You just never can predict that.
since u're a chelsea broda chop knucke joor awoniyi go surely play 4 chelsea#amen. But going to chelsea nw go be bad idea sha cuz we knw hu our special one be he will rather field an unfit drogba
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 4:43pm On May 16, 2015
mackfame:
Win or lose, this is the only team worth supporting in Nigeria now. If you support any other (male) team in Nigeria , na heart attack you dey find cheesy
na true u talk jhur starting from the top the se dem b trash and nff make mata worse by bringin d stuborn and sentimental 1 bak den on d dream team front siasia doesnt realy have a team as d nff wants him to pick 4rm d npfl and we knw hw low d standard in dat league is den the ge which we are still expectin amuneke to transform
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by denniece1(m): 5:36pm On May 16, 2015
linked:
kelechi iheanacho finally hit germany
That's not true, he played today for man city EDS against Southampton which they lost 0-2
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 16, 2015
denniece1:

That's not true, he played today for man city EDS against Southampton which they lost 0-2

Source?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:38pm On May 16, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Panama name NZ World Cup squad[/size]

Panama have settled on a final 21-man squad for the 2015 Fifa Under-20 World Cup in New Zealand.

The Concacaf representatives are placed in Group B alongside Argentina, Austria and Ghana for the competition slated for May 30 to June 16.

Panama have already landed in New Zealand where they are finalising their preparations ahead of the opening game against Argentina on May 30.

The Leonardo Pipino-coached side are currently participating in a five-nation series which has hosts New Zealand, Australia, Qatar and Ghana.

They are scheduled to play three games against New Zealand, Australia and Qatar on May 7, 10 and 13 respectively at the pre-World Cup tournament.

Panama will base in Taupo from May 14 to 19 with intense training sessions before travelling to face Uruguay in another warm-up game in Hamilton on May 20.

The Panama under-20s are also scheduled to move to Group B host city for acclimatisation and play their fifth and final tune-up game against Uzbekistan on May 24.

They face seven-time champions Argentina in their 2015 World Cup opener six days later.

Panama Under-20 World Cup squad:

Goalkeepers (3): Martin Meléndez (San Francisco FC), Carlos Secaida (Chorrillo FC), Jaime De Gracia (Tauro FC)

Defenders (6): Chin Hormechea (árabe Unido), Michael A. Murillo (San Francisco), Jesús Araya (Tauro FC), Kevin Galván (Sporting SM), Fidel Escobar (Sporting SM), Christopher Bared (Villanova Wildcats University - USA)

Midfielders (7): Adalberto Carrasquilla (Tauro FC), Luis Pereira (árabe Unido), Jhamal Rodríguez (Chorrillo FC), Justin Simons (San Francisco FC), Julian Velarde (Chorrillo FC), Edson Samms (San Francisco FC), Francisco Narbón (James Madison University - USA)

Forwards (5): Ismael Díaz (Tauro FC), Rubén Barrow (Tauro FC), Ervin Zorrilla (San Francisco FC), Jesús González (Sporting), Carlos Small (Sporting)
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 16, 2015
Headlamp1:

Source?

SOUTHAMPTON FC | U21 REPORT: Manchester City 0-2 Southampton
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 16, 2015
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:54pm On May 16, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Westerlo's Alhassan Disappointed Not To Make WC Roster[/size]

Alhassan Ibrahim has taken his axing from Nigeria's Fifa Under 20 World Cup squad as one of those things and has displayed camaraderie by tipping the squad to bring home the trophy.

It was always going to be difficult for the lanky striker to make the roster as he suffered a dip in form no thanks to the injury he sustained while undergoing trials with Rijeka.

Make no mistake about it, Alhassan is regarded as one of the top talents in the land so much so that Kalmar considered signing him instead of Taiwo Awoniyi.

But the Swedish club had to pull the plug on the deal when a rival team IFK Göteborg attempted to snatch him from under their noses.

''The friendly against Nürnberg was good. Yes, I am disappointed that I didn't make the squad,'' says Alhassan Ibrahim to SL10.ng.

''But the most important thing is that I now have a team. I would resume with my team for pre-season training and some disappointments are blessings.

''I wish the team best of luck in New Zealand, I hope they will bring (home) the Cup.

''I am tipping the team in general to do well at the World Cup.''

Flying Eagles coach , Manu Garba, had already made up his mind on the 21 players he's taking to New Zealand so the 18-year-old's goal against Nürnberg Under 23s on Friday evening meant nothing.

Alhassan Ibrahim penned a three - year contract with Westerlo in April, which will be activated in the summer.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:09pm On May 16, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Bazeley names hosts' squad, eyes history[/size]

Hosts New Zealand have named their squad for the upcoming FIFA U-20 World Cup. Coach Darren Bazeley has put his faith in a 21-man pool that includes six players capped by the senior team, and ten who have been called up to the full All Whites squad.

There are also six overseas-based players heading home for the global finals, with the most prominent being midfielder and captain Bill Tuiloma, who has made a first-team breakthrough at Marseille this season. The others are Jesse Edge (Vicenza, Italy), Monty Patterson (Ipswich Town, England), Nik Tsanev (Brentford, England) and the USA-based duo of Cory Brown (Xavier University) and Stuart Holthusen (Akron University).

“We’ve been looking at this squad for the last two years and we’ve had contact with over 100 players over the course of the two years,” said Bazeley, announcing the names. “We’ve worked with and trained a lot of players locally here and monitored players offshore and around New Zealand. We’re happy with where we’ve got to and we think we’ve got the right balance and selection of players to do well at the World Cup.

“Now’s the time we’ve got our whole squad together we can just do the final tweaks and polish up our style of play. We’ve got players who know the system and understand it, so we’ve just got to get our combinations right. Being together from now until the start of the World Cup is key so we are ready to go when we hit that first game (against Ukraine on 30 May).”

Bazeley also restated his aim of taking the Kiwi hopefuls into uncharted territory at the prestigious U-20 World Cup. “It’s a massive challenge for us at this level," he said. We’re going to come up against some of the best players in the world. Almost every player coming from around the world will be professional footballers playing in top leagues.

“But our goal is to make history. No [New Zealand] U-20 men's team has ever won a game at a World Cup, so our aim is to be the first team to do that; to win games and qualify out of our group and to play in a way that makes the country proud to watch us.”

Full squad*
Goalkeepers: Damian Hirst, Oliver Sail, Nik Tzanev
Defenders: Sam Brotherton, Cory Brown, Jesse Edge, Brock Messenger, Adam Mitchell, Deklan Wynne
Midfielders: Andre de Jong, Moses Dyer, Te Atawhai Hudson-Wihongi, Clayton Lewis, Matthew Ridenton, Bill Tuiloma
Forwards: Noah Billingsley, Andrew Blake, Stuart Holthusen, Monty Patterson, Alex Rufer, Joel Stevens [/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:20pm On May 16, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Diaz: Panama can achieve big things[/size]

Working a little room for himself within Guatemala's defensive ranks, Panama striker Ismael Diaz looked up to see his team-mate Julian Velarde plough down the right and play a teasing cross into the six-yard box.

Reading his colleague’s intentions to perfection, Diaz stole in to nod the ball between the goalkeeper’s legs, a goal that said everything about the teenage front man’s predatory skills and which also secured Panama’s place at the FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015.

Despite giving two years away to many of the defenders he came up against in the qualifiers, Diaz proved time and again with his vital goals that he belongs at this level. “I played against people who were bigger than me when I was in the U-17s,” said the Panama forward in an exclusive interview with FIFA.com.

“It shouldn’t be a disadvantage. It’s up to you to do the work and make sure that the age difference doesn’t matter. To be honest, I actually see it as an advantage. It gives me the chance to show that I can keep giving more and more, that I can be relied upon when the pressure is on.”

Striving for more
Standing 5’11 tall, Diaz is strong, alert and a skilled operator inside and outside the box. He is also totally dedicated to his art: “Even when I’m not playing, my life still revolves around football. When I’m not with the team, I train on my own. I just want to keep on improving.”

His many qualities have allowed him to repay the faith shown in him by national team coach Leonardo Pipino, starting with the brace he scored in the 4-0 defeat of Aruba in Panama’s opening match of the CONCACAF qualifying tournament, held in Jamaica. Following narrow defeats of USA and Trinidad and Tobago, the Panamanians saw off the tournament hosts, with Diaz once again getting on the scoresheet. Then came the decisive match against the Guatemalans, a match settled by his close-range header.

We can make history, get through the group and, God willing, go even further.

Ismael Diaz on Panama

We were up against some strong teams and I was delighted to end up with four goals,” said Diaz who plays his club football for Tauro FC and turned 18 on 12 May. “I know that I didn’t do it all on my own. It’s down to God and to the work of the team. That’s what helps me keep my feet on the ground, knowing that they’ve helped me achieve it.”

The experience he acquired at the FIFA U-17 World Cup UAE 2013 and latterly in Panama’s first division means he is well qualified to assess the attributes of the Canalero team that will travel to New Zealand. “I’m the goalscorer in a side that likes to have possession,” he explained. “We like to have the ball, get forward and score goals. We believe in ourselves and we believe we can achieve big things. That’s what’s made us successful so far.”

The perfect balance
Judging by those words, Panama might seem like a side who are happy to take risks and prone to leaving themselves exposed at the back. Yet to everyone’s surprise, La Marea Roja booked their place at the U-20 world finals without conceding a single goal.

“We put in a lot of effort,” said Diaz, looking back to the qualifiers. “We all did our bit. We attacked as one and we defended as one. This is a team that knows how to give its all, and I know that we’ll be just as solid in defence in New Zealand. I’ve got faith in my team-mates. I know they’ll give it everything.”

Panama face a daunting opening match in Group A, with Argentina providing the opposition. Pondering the task ahead of them, their attacking spearhead said: “We know we’re in a very tough group. The teams we’re up against have real stature and they’ve got a lot of experience and World Cups behind them. We’re full of hope, though. We can make history, get through the group and, God willing, go even further.”

Diaz is not the kind of player to shirk a challenge. He proved that much in helping his country reach UAE 2013 as a mere 15-year-old, in making a goalscoring debut for Tauro and in making his full international debut in an August 2014 friendly against Cuba.

“We want to give Panama something to cheer about, which we haven’t managed with the U-20s before. This time we’re going to do it though,” said the defiant Diaz, his sights set on New Zealand and his next big challenge. [/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Greenbuoy(m): 7:21pm On May 16, 2015
RELIABLE UPDATES!!!
@guysly2much 1h Some U-20 scoop I failed to drop after the thrashing of Nuremburg...only Awoniyi appears to be guarantee a starting spot upfront
@guysly2much 1h Even before Nacho,Success & Simon hit camp...the quartet of Bulbwa,Yahaya,Saviour & Eze are battling to flank Awoniyi in Manu 4-3-3 style
@guysly2much 1h Yahaya from what I heard is the annointed 1 for the left spot while Bulbwa gets the nod for the right..Simon & Success might change all this
@guysly2much 1h U got to love the competitive nature of the attacking line of the Flying Eagles even before Success,Nacho and Simon hit camp
@guysly2much 52m Am afraid Iheanacho might upset the balance of the flying eagles as he thrives just behind the main striker but in 4-3-3 that role is killed
@guysly2much 50m If Iheanacho must play then Sokari who has been brilliant in camp will be sacrificed or team playing system will shift to 4-4-2
@guysly2much 46m Iheanacho is not the quickest,about the slowest in the Flying Eagles attack line but he is most clinical of the lot & his awareness is 10/10

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Greenbuoy(m): 7:30pm On May 16, 2015
@guysly2much 47m
Manu prefers Ifeanyi to Idowu &
Nwakali in the DM role cos he sticks
to his task of shielding the defence
unlike the rest who love to attack
@guysly2much 46m
The last 3 training session Nwakali
has being playing CB wit Omego for
the probables & although not his
preferred role he has been top class
@guysly2much 41m
After Awoniyi 2nd goal yesterday he
ran to Ugbade who drilled him on
goal scoring a day b4 the game and
a day after he scored a hattrick
@guysly2much 38m
Ugbade in his usual funny side told
the celebrating Awoniyi "wa she
re" ..Taiye finally your brain don
they answer correction"...Lol
@guysly2much 31m
It will interest you to know Alfa was
in tears when he was told he won't
make the team to WYC..Didn't step
up his game after U-17 WC #Simple
@guysly2much 23m
Matthew & Sokari are like Xavi &
Iniesta in their prime..yesterday
game they starved Nuremburg of
the ball very vital for the Brazil game
@guysly2much 19m
Starting 11 VS Brazil:
Enaholo,Musa,Mustapha,Ndidi,Bello,Ifeanyi,Matthew,Sokari,Yahaya,Bulbwa,Awoniyi...#
innercaucus

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Greenbuoy(m): 7:33pm On May 16, 2015
i wonder how @guysly2much is getting all these authentic info

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 7:44pm On May 16, 2015
Greenbuoy:
i wonder how @guysly2much is getting all these authentic info

He is in contact with the team and is close to a few members of the crew.

Samm Audu (another guy) is the number one source when it comes to the flying eagles, but he does not seem to tweet again.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 7:56pm On May 16, 2015
He couldn't stop the guys , they exploit the weakness of his team and punished them for it .

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:18pm On May 16, 2015
[b][size=14pt]New Zealand 2015 marks two weeks to go with royal kick-about[/size]

HRH Prince Harry helped mark the final countdown to the FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 today taking part in a mini football event at The Cloud in Auckland.

The event, which concluded with the Prince’s final public walk-about of his one week tour of New Zealand, marked two weeks until the beginning of the biggest celebration of global football ever seen in the country.

Over 300 invited guests, mostly from local schools, packed into the Auckland waterfront venue to see the Prince take part in a five-a-side football match. The prince captained the New Zealand team against an All Stars side captained by Adam Mitchell, who was only yesterday confirmed in New Zealand’s squad for the U-20 World Cup.

Refereeing the match was former All White Ivan Vicelich, Bronze Ball winner at last year’s FIFA Club World Cup and an ambassador for the U-20 World Cup. Upon arrival guests were transformed into supporters of either team, with face painting and team flags before being entertained with a freestyle football demonstration from Olly Bowman while awaiting the arrival of the prince and The Rt. Honorable John Key, Prime Minister of New Zealand.

As the crowd warmed up, the Black Swans Girls team from Western Springs AFC participated in a keepy-uppy skills training session with the prince and Adam Mitchell. The pair then entered the football arena through a tunnel lined with the flags of all 24 nations competing in the U-20 World Cup.

After the Prime Minister’s coin toss, the two captains and their teams, made up of players from Western Springs AFC, battled it out for almost 15 minutes in front of hundreds of excited children from St Mary’s, St Heliers and Westmere primary schools. The script couldn’t have been written better, with Harry scoring the winning goal in a narrow 8-7 victory for the New Zealand team.

Following the match, the players, flag bearers and eight lucky volunteers who will assist at the FIFA U-20 World Cup, were granted a private audience with the prince in the function area of The Cloud.

The opposing captain, Adam Mitchell said it had been a fantastic experience: “It was a once-in-a-lifetime chance to play in a game with Prince Harry, the guys played hard against him but that final goal was pretty amazing. It was great to have him out here to help support the tournament and we’re really looking forward to the kick off against Ukraine on 30 May.”

After the invite-only event, Prince Harry took time to greet waiting fans outside The Cloud with a 15-minute walkabout, concluding his final public engagement during his visit to New Zealand.

Dave Beeche, CEO of New Zealand 2015, said the event had been a fantastic way to celebrate the final countdown to FIFA’s second-biggest male tournament coming to NZ. “It’s been wonderful having Prince Harry here to celebrate with us, he really has won the hearts of the people during his visit and today we could see why. He was such a great sport and the children were so excited to see him up close playing football.

Over 2,000 people crammed into Queens Wharf for the public event and Mr Beeche said the visit was also a great opportunity to further highlight the significance of the FIFA U-20 World Cup, which will bring some of the world’s greatest emerging talent to New Zealand in a three-week festival of global football kicking off at Auckland’s North Harbour Stadium on 30 May.

The first match featuring New Zealand and Ukraine is already 75 per cent sold and Mr Beeche said Kiwi sports fans were really starting to understand how big the event is. “New Zealanders are unlikely to see this level of football again for a very long time, with many of the players coming already on big contracts in Europe. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime event.”

A total of 24 teams will participate in the FIFA U-20 World Cup 2015 across seven Host Cities over 22 days. [/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.