Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,669 members, 7,918,143 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:59 PM

About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria (25026 Views)

Is Covenant University A University Or Secondary School / Represent Your Primary, Secondary And College / What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by belindaow(f): 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2006
tomiwizzle:

but the bad thing is that some people here went to singles school and they came out being homo's and lesbians. those kind of people when asked what school did you go they say Federal government boys/girls college. And the funny thing there is that they are peoud of it. Dem no know say na mixed school be the koko for 9jah. i weep for them oo. if you know say you go singles school abeg shush. but if you go mixed abeg shout out joo make we feel ourselves.

i feel you man. na we sabi the life gangan
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by omofineboy(m): 5:21am On Sep 29, 2006
I went to mixed school and I liked all the fun, Social and academic activities all the fun associated with a mixed boarding house school, I wasnt aware of homo/lesb in my school, I still prefer mixed school at least the society is mixed. Proud to be a Compronian anyway., , of our birth we pledge to ,
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by omofineboy(m): 5:31am On Sep 29, 2006
Remember continna sandals or is it shoes, back to school main item, this type of sandals wont wear out, which annoyed most of us that time, by the time u put polish slightly on it then it becomes new again, u remember primary school hymnal songs, forthy in thy name o lord I go, what of , some have no food but can eat, we have food and we can , I really ejoyed those memories, what of speech and prize giving days where most parents gathered in the assembly hall to hear whether their wards won a prize or not, what of social gathering on saturday nights, men all was fun.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by ladykool(f): 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2006
i luv ma primary & secondary skool sh$t they were hot different bad storries everyday my primary skool i luv it but i dont like it wen they cane me tho but i usually do odeshi cuz if u cry de boys will be laughing at u nd calling u names like cry cry baby u want to see ur mummy shame! and i dont like dat so i try my best not to cry for cane.but i luv it thou
my secondary skool was de best! sh4t queens college! i will neva forget dat skool wen i used to snik out of skool to go to parties and wen it was break time we will be chating bout some dirty stuff but de teacher were fucking shit cuz there always piking on me and dat always make me to do naughty things so dat they will be angry and beat me but i always chest de cane but it was boring cuz we were only girls!
i love de old days they always want me to go back to them! cry
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by dominobaby(f): 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2006
Am  getting so much laughs! Jeez!
Who remembers 'eyeing' cherry - so as to make it 'sweet'?
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by MerC2(f): 9:34am On Oct 03, 2006
LMAO!! cheesy
I remember that, or hitting it on the wall and singing sum "agbalumo" song,
This is too funny!
I remember when Awilo first came out, we would do dance offs
to see "who sabi dance makosa pass", I ALWAYS WON!!!! grin
, as pa everybody else was "kakara like zuma rock" but me, I was very flexible (still am grin)

I also remeber that when it was sum1's bday, u'd "baff" dem with a bucket of water and beat the living
shxt outa dem. Once time when it was ma friends bday, the guys were so mean to her.
They filled the bucket with water and poured sand and mud into it and when of dem peed in it.
DEN BAFF AM EHN!!! cheesy cheesy
Poor gal!! KAI I MISS NAIJA JO!!!
All these oyinbo ppl wey no sabi have fun sef!! angry
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by dominobaby(f): 12:03am On Oct 05, 2006
Lol. Mer-c. Naija is da bomb!

I remember ma sec. school days especially j.s.s. 3 where i once played detective with some of ma friends. There was this classmate of ours who always bragged about her family being so rich, that she was the only child, had maids to her beck and call, that her mom was a lawyer and had her own chamber, infact she told uncountable lies, we just knew she was faking them all up cos she did not look it at all. But we always joined her to eat the packet of digestive biscuit she brought almost every day.Lol. Until one day after we had gathered enough information about where she lived, after school, we traced her home, alas! Where was she living? A self contained apartment! Contrary to the 'duplex' she claimed. Infact she was bewildered at our finding out all that and thereafter she confesed.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by soulpatrol(f): 2:12am On Oct 05, 2006
yeeeeeeeee! she mess herself!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 2:49am On Oct 05, 2006
Domino baby, I feel you on that one. I had a classmate who liked to brag that he came from a rich family. He had a younger brother, that he tried to drag into his complicity, but he never fell for it. So, when this guy would come up with his stories on some car that was shipped to his father from the Netherlands (there was a pamphlet of foreign cars that he used to order from the Netherlands, but can't recall the name of the firm), my roommates would say, "Alright, lets' go ask , (his younger brother) to verify your comments. And he will reply, "Sure, lets go". And my roommates will go and ask his brother, "Did your father receive a car from so so and so company"? His brother would reply.

NO, no car came in from Netherlands" he is lying". The guy would be infuriated, and there would be some sort of a heated exchange between the brothers because junior refused to support his snr brother with his pack of lies. At times, he would try to beat up his brother for not covering up for him, but students would quickly seperate him.

Another one, hear tory.

Senior students who were fond of beating up junior students of course risked being expelled from school. But the situation could be remedied if they brought in their parents. My school was not far from town, and for some us students, we were very adventurous. In the course of this adventure, travelling to town, some of the senior students would forge friendships with the "Cyclists" and Drivers.

So, whenever they ran afoul of the school rules and were called upon to bring in their parents, fearing reprisals/rebuke from their parents, these deceitful senior students would bribe the drivers to pose in as their father. To appear professional, they would outfit them with suits, bribe them with money and advise them on how to act. And these drivers would appear, trudging in with their fake son. As the principal would be reading out the lists of their son's behavior, some of them in a dramatic fashion would break down and 'cry', moan, or even attempt to slap their 'son'. Students knew about the game, but the principal and the teachers fell hook, line and sinker to this deceit. Eventually, the truth caught up with them and any occasion that warrented a parent's presence was announced by a teacher

"Make sure you bring in your true father, not your fake father".

Drama really reigned in my school. I have some stories that even after finishing high school years ago still cracks me up at times.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by dominobaby(f): 4:42am On Oct 08, 2006
Soulpatrol, infact she more than messed herself, can you imagine, she turned her elder sis. to her housemaid and her brother to her cousin, when she showed us her family pictures. Only for us to discover the truth, when we asked her neighbours!

Ok! I just remembered this, do you guys recall singing this song when you go for sports competitions- 'won fi wa sere o! Won fi wa sere, *insert the name of your competitor's school, won fi wa sere!' it was always fun singing those songs.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by mamaput(f): 11:59am On Oct 08, 2006
I had a school mate that kept telling me she is mixed, but she was really black.
She told me her fathers name was Billy Greyham and even gave me a picture to see.
It was only years later i found out who Billy Greyham was.
She also never took me to her house.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by gaby(m): 7:47pm On Oct 31, 2006
Na waaa oooh what a lovely thread, im really taken aback down memory lane i've laughed my ribs to shreds here reading all of ur posts very very funny, Men i don tire for this oyinbo country wished i could turn back the hands of time,

Ok lets see if i can remember few of mine ol school days,

Well i attended 2 primary schools my first primary school was one community primary school in P.H,i can still remember i used to have a neigbour who was in primary 4 or 5 then whom i used to call my aunty who brings me to and from school and then my dad used to drop us off at school with all other kids in our neigbourhood who attend the same school, those days i will be sitting next to my dad in his rickety jallopy pick-up in front with my aunty while the others will be loaded behind like sardine, you dare not insult me or my aunty or else you'll walk to school d next day,

Well all thru primary 1-5 i was very brilliant and always came out 1st or second in my class so when i got to primary 5 our class teacher introduced s.thing like having a special note book for all our tests no longer the usual "full scap" shee which was disposable and at before the terminal exams we have to submit our test note books for our teacher to record our test scores but then i was already becoming a way ward and although i had real good grades in my tests i didnt submit mine and lo when it was time to hand out our report cards OMG i wasnt among the first 3 cos that was how it goes those days they call out the best student and then the next, when i got mine i looked in i saw 37th out of 38 students, yeparipa fear let me go house that time i don dey think wetin i wan do oooh cos my papa and my mama wey harsh anyhow go surely beat the living day lite out of me, na so i carry my report card go one corner put spit for my hand with my small pikin sense erase the 7 come go leave the 3th na so i begin form dey go house not knowing there was nothing like 3th, when i got to my street the big bros dem were like (my name) lets see ur result and boldly i submitted it to them for inspection ,the mumu big bros them those days sef no notice d mistake if not dem for let me know instead they were bobs we trust you as usual thats good, that was how i went home with my result oooh, my parents werent home yet when my dad came back from work and asked for my result i gave it to him and he was like going thru the pages and was even shouting at me when he saw the 3th thinking it was 3rd cos i've always been 1st or second, my dad sure wouldnt have known if he had only dwelled on the number but he decided to go through my scores in the different subject and he saw that it all didnt add up to my purported position in a class of 38 and also the teacher's comment which i over looked was boldly written underneath, "very poor performance needs to sit up in class" that was when my dad looked closely and noticed that my result had been tampered with and he was like so you came out 3th you are a very smart boy the next thing i heard all over me was correct flogging with belt after that na solid pick-pin for like 2 hrs when i dey shake dey sweat like who dem comot im intenstines na so my mama dey one corner dey put fire for the matter, chei i regret my life no be small that day, na soo,

My gist long well well oooh cos i do a lot of yawu yawu things but i go continue my torie laters i wan go watch foot-ball match now,
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by Wandungu(m): 10:05am On Nov 03, 2006
smileyThis thread really does bring back memories about school, I have read each and every post under the thread and have really had a good laugh, Anyways, my primary school(Corona Ikoyi) was quite uneventful never did my homework at home always tried to do it at school in the morning and always ended up getting caught. Always got picked up late, I have no idea why. My headmistress was an old british lady in her early 60's at the time, I think she was getting senile because at one period during assembly which was every Wednesday, she would instruct us to sing the same song from our little blue "songs of praise" books- can never forget it, hymn 299 Far Round the World. 

Finally, went to secondary school and it was a whole different ball game. My Dad sent me to the east, (as he wanted me to learn Igbo) so I attended Christ the Kings College, Onitsha. Men!! It was hell on earth! I only stayed there for one year and the following year told my father I was not going back! I actually run away from school and refused to go back! The problem was that I could not understand Igbo and as a result life was very difficult for me, as in all my stuff was always stolen and we had inspection every Saturday as a result of my stuff being stolen,I ended up not having anything during the inspection and of course would get my a** whipped men I suffered there oh!

I then went back to Lagos and this time went to a more humane school Government College Ketu-Epe. It was a mixed school and at least i was able to communicate and even learnt Yoruba. I was a boarder there for 5 years. Boarding life truly was the bomb! As a junior, I did not really experience the maltreatment and harrasment juniors went through as because of my height, I made friends with SS students and such was covered right until SS1. In SS1 I was moved from the new hostel to the big old hostel where our duties were to clean the toilets every morning men!! there was the art of pounding as the toilets were always blocked and you had to unblock them, chei! then there were morning duties around the admin building which had to be done before morning assembly, I never did mine, anyway our supervisor was a lazy teacher who hardly checked! I remember the dinning hall, the first three weeks I was there i just accepted whatever was put on my plate, then one day I got to the dinning early and saw hell breaking loose as guys/girls were just grabbing pots of food. I thought to just watch but on second thought changed my mind and grabbed me a pot of rice and held unto it real tight. Someone else had a pot of stew and fish so we made good use of what we had! Fromthen onwards, I never joked when it came to food in the dinning.Once I went to the dining armed with a plastic bucket and just poured me a pot of stew! There was an incident that I will never forget, it happened sometime in 1995 or 96 I was in SS2 at the time. We had been served beans for breakfast and we(self and 4 other guys) had it served in a food flask-you remember them eleganza food flasks that had the cover/handle on the top? Well one of the guys didn't close the flask real tight,so when dinning was over we went out to eat under a tree as we hardly ate in the dinning hall. Now this one guy was carrying the flask to under the tree when GBAM! the cover came loose and all the beans was on the ground! men all the guys just turned around and went different directions without saying a word to eachother. This was like towards the end of the term when people are like really broke! We remained hungry for the reat of the day till lunch time. We were really pissed with this guy!

Another incident, was when the bread van came to deliver bread on a Wednesay evening. Now, the kitchen was between the Boys and girls hostel but more on the boys side. So the van was parked by the kitchen entrance which was in full view of the boys hostel. It was then an idea struck some of the boys, it was decided we raid the van of some loaves of bread(u know naija bread now!). Plans were made and we selected a guy we called Meji- because of the shape of his head(he had like back and front ogo!) to run after the van once it makes its exit,jump in and then throw out loaves of bread and then jump out when the truck reaches the gate. With the plan in place, this is exactly what happened! We had so much bread that night we did not even bother having breakfast of bread.

Another incident I won't forget was when a few friends and I decided to cook some yam and beans which we had "borrowed" from the school store room. Cooking in the hostel was of course prohibited but we had a kerosene stove which we used. So on that day I peeled the yam and a friend got the beans and potatoes ready, then some guy walks in and asks if he can join in the feast. We agree and handover the food preparation to him. Infact we even instruct him on how to make the gravy with the tomatoes, onions and the cans of titus sardines. He agrees and assures us the food will be well prepared. We leave him in the room and since I was the prefect on duty that week, I had the keys to the hostel, so I locked the guy in. Mind you this is during school hours, but after exams so most people were just lazing around classrooms. Fastfoward two hours later, I see some guy carrying something abnormaly large on his head with a teacher behind him, upon looking closer, I saw it was our friend who volunteered to cook the food. He had ben caught cooking in the hostel by one of the housemasters and was told  to carry the stove plus the metal bucket full of well cooked yam,potatoes,beans and sardines to the staff room. He was later punished by being given grass to cut. He never "launed"(told on us) but come night prep we raided the staff room and retrieved our food through a hole in the wall. We ate hungrily, left the empty bucket in the staff room and went back to prep as if nothing happened!

School in naija, will never forget it! Someone wrote- whoever did not go to school in naija really missed out- true to that. I guess I have written enough will share more experiences later.

Cheers!!
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by dominobaby(f): 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2006
Wandungun, you really got me Lol, especially the guy y'all call meji cos of his ogo! Those days, having an ogo would bring about different yabs left right and center!
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 11:00pm On Nov 05, 2006
Wandungu, that story of your friend caught cooking in the dormitory was very funny. Yeah, the same incident happened with my roommates in high school when they were caught sipping garri in the dormitory which was against the rule. And, yeah, they were nabbed red handed and paraded by the teacher to all the classrooms on campus, with each of them, carrying the condiments they had contributed , garri, glucose, and water. That episode was something else on campus.

Another one: There was a restaurant in the vicinity in my high school that we nicknamed "Nkanya" (an Ibibio term for thatch house) and the owner of the cafeteria was called "Nkanya" too. This restaurant was a hit with students, and the man's benevolence towards students in giving them food on credit was extremely enticing. The only catch was that you would write down your name in his book that you owed him. No biggie. So, students would go to his restaurant and dine on credit. Then during exam time, "Nkanya" would change. He would personally come to my high school premises during exam time and tell the teachers that he was looking for so so and so students because they were owing him. Can you imagine this scenario, you are in the middle of your exams, sweating it out, when the teacher, would announce out of the blue

"Where is "Mr. A", he owes this man 50 Naira (or whatever the amount may be), come and settle him or else you wont take your exams". It was very embarrasing, and students would laugh at it, while you step outside, trying to negotiate with this unreasonable (?) man that you would pay him later. It got to a point that sometimes students may have missed a portion of their exams. Something terrible may have happened, because one of my classmates told another fellow that if "Nkanya" ever made an appearance on campus, seeking to collect his debts from students during exam time, he will beat him up.

Nna, high school back home was something else. My siblings always got a kick out of it when I narrated to them my stories.

www.nigerianmemories..com
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2006
I think I would have lost my mind if I went to an all girls school. Girls annoy me.  grin

lol anyway

Only spent like half of primary six in All Saints, Ibadan then went on to ISI for secondary school.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by English1(f): 10:31am On Nov 23, 2006
It all sounds so different to schools in England. Teachers here are not allowed to hit you and boarding schools are very unusual.

If you are interested I could tell you about the schools I went to?
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:24pm On Nov 24, 2006
Dont Catholic schools allow hitting. They do in the States.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by English1(f): 10:12am On Nov 25, 2006
No, not at any state school in the UK. If a teacher ever strikes a child or even just pushes or anything tiny, they are sacked from their job and may be prosecuted for assault! It used to be common for private schools to cane the children but I doubt very much even they do these days.

But over here you can even get in trouble with the law for smacking your own child, let alone someone else's.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by gianni(f): 4:47am On Dec 15, 2006
i attended tunwase nur/pry sch,ikeja,lagos.i remeber my pry 1 days,we had this little literature book -Queen premier

moving up we had -brighter grammar,then the macmillan books about edet and simbi,agbo ,mr sada is a farmer in sapele,etc

ten-ten,suwe,catcher,the swing,aunty mata the fulani food-seller

the kids fadesewa,dele [i think he's the same del with eldee of tha trybe],jaiye,seun and tunrayo kuti ,obiangeli,ndidi ;

mastering english,the enid blyton books,famous five,fabulous four,ivory towers,malory towers;

there was this kind of competition among my school,chrisland,starland and lara day.
i
nterhouse sports-i was in blue house

we were always winning cos we had this girl that could run very fast - bunmi ajayi

my sweet headmistress - mrs efunniyi

primary 5-we had to study one big book [ odiaka ] for common entrance

my secondary school [ LAFROGRAMMS ] ,was something else

on admission each child was supposed to come with his chair and desk or have the introtech teacher build one for him

but ,omo,poverty no gree some people

so it's either they sit on the floor or steal other's chairs [ if you're in 1A ,omo, waka far go steal for 1G ]

as punishment for comin late to school,you walk on your knees from the gate to the principal's office
or pick litter [sa paper]

each classroom had about 60 students

as rowdy as it was i really enjoyed it

the brutal headboy ; the jealous senior girls that cldn't stand the fact that the senior boys were tripping for us

miming songs and showing latest dance steps [i remeber mac morrison's the return of the mac ,candy rain by soul 4 real]
gosh!!!!!!!
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by prinzgeini(m): 12:13am On Jan 04, 2007
Who remember's climbing on swing's and buying biscuit's i remember well playing football and doing biscuit race is it were to be now i would just eat up all the biscuits,
MEN THIS TOPIC IS HOT. AS HOT AS HOT ANGEL CUDOES
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by Multitask(m): 4:28am On Jan 05, 2007
I attended Obele Primary School in lawanson, Surulere, Lagos and my secondary school was Ansa-ru-deen Grammar School at Randle Avenue, Surulere. Does anyone remember this song

Song1

I have a coat
You have a coat,
Everybody have a coat
When you get to London put on your coat
And march on with your coat
To London
I to London,( Tolotolo).

Song 2

I'm going back to my native land
Never again shall I go
I have been to London
I have been to Egypt
I have been to America
I'm going back to my native land
Never again shall I go
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by promise72(m): 4:45am On Jan 05, 2007
nobody does. you never go to school. tell the truth
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by Multitask(m): 2:26pm On Jan 05, 2007
This songs were some of the songs we use to sing after morning assembly and uniform inspections, when we are marching to our various classes. This songs have stayed in my memory after all these years. Na true word I dey tell you so, (@ oga promise). Maybe say na you no go to school.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by PROFNICHO(m): 3:41pm On Jan 13, 2007
on forgotable remmenbrance i grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i remmenber does songs that we normaly sing for our school,
[i][/i]Our school is matching on
Our school is matching on
Is macthing on
Is macthing on
Is macthing on
Our school is macthing on

and also a yourba song which we usually sing on monday
ise bere loni monday
e yin elegbe wa
e je ka sise
ka gbadura
si baba wa, ko pawa moo
looooooni
house na serious case oooooooooooo
mo re rin grin grin grin grin

i remmenber when i always walking from house to school about 16miles 3times in a week to and fro. OGA OOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SCHOOL LIVE!

watch out for "SCHOOL LIVE IS THE BEST."
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by Otunba12(m): 2:30am On Jan 17, 2007
i remember then , School Days are best , i myself went to Kays Nur/pry school and my secondary then Ansar-Ud-Deen-Grammar-School

UP SCHOOL, UP BOYS,

i am now in the best university in NIGERIA , which is known as LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, LAUTECH , IF YOU ARE A STUDENT OF KAYS NUR/PRY SCHOOL OR AUDGS OR LAUTECH , CALL ME ON 08077522366 MY NAME IS BOLAJI AND MY NICKNAME IN OTUNBA
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:54pm On Jan 18, 2007
promise72:

nobody does. you never go to school. tell the truth

lmao cheesy
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by Multitask(m): 12:02am On Jan 19, 2007
@ ThiefofhHearts

What does Imao mean?
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:03am On Jan 19, 2007
laughing my ass off wink
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by Genial(m): 12:05am On Jan 19, 2007
Last-minute angst, ok?! angry
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by Multitask(m): 1:20am On Jan 19, 2007
Now I know better, 10q.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by Multitask(m): 1:27am On Jan 19, 2007
@ Otunba 1

Is the Ansa-ru-deen grammar school you attended located at Randle Avenue, Surulere Lagos? if so, what was your graduation year?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UNIZIK 2015/2016 Undergraduate Admission Session / Result Changed From 2.2 To 2.1 After Four Years Of Graduation / I'm In Lagos Or I'm At Lagos ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.