Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,293 members, 7,934,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 08:24 PM

Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). - Agriculture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). (103815 Views)

Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails / How Many Rabbits Do You See? / get Rabbits and guinea pigs healthy ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 9:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
Angora

1 Share

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 6:34am On Aug 24, 2015
She is about to give birth

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 6:36am On Aug 24, 2015
Sign of any female rabbit that is on heat

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Olamilec(m): 10:48am On Aug 24, 2015
@dyoungforester is it necessary that I must put nest box for my doe?
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2015
To me I don't put kindling box inside the pen until I see the new born kits with my korokoro eyes reason been that I discover that all my rabbit prefer to deliver on the net not inside the box except when they don't have choice.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 1:16pm On Aug 24, 2015
@ olameic, Once your net is good I think you're good to go but you will be the one to determine or decide whether to put the kindling box inside the pen or not.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by samshoz(m): 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2015
dyoungforester:
Sign of any female rabbit that is on heat
Its vital part gets very red
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 9:38am On Aug 25, 2015
Rabbits compost

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by teflondoncuzo(m): 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2015
What u gonna use it for
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2015
Biogas, see the image bellow, I did it today

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2015
More

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Olamilec(m): 6:35am On Aug 26, 2015
@dyoungforester Am very interested in this biogas concept maybe with proper improvement and upgrade we can commercialize it
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Olamilec(m): 6:37am On Aug 26, 2015
dyoungforester:
More
@dyoungforester Am very interested in this biogas concept maybe with proper improvement and upgrade we can commercialize it
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Olamilec(m): 7:15am On Aug 26, 2015
I went to my rabbitry this morning and I met my doe removing and gathering it furs and preparing for birth, today has been the 29th days of her mating though it's hectic mating her but with the advise of @samshoz and @dyoungforester I took it to other rabbitry to go mate it and it was success.
I think maybe it's my buck staying with the doe for long causes the false pregnancy for my doe.
Thank God anyway waiting anxiously for my new kits.

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Olamilec(m): 7:29am On Aug 26, 2015
@dyoungforester I think somebody advise that when it remains few days for doe to kindle I should give it less food but plenty of water
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by samshoz(m): 9:07am On Aug 26, 2015
Olamilec:
I went to my rabbitry this morning and I met my doe removing and gathering it furs and preparing for birth, today has been the 29th days of her mating though it's hectic mating her but with the advise of @samshoz and @dyoungforester I took it to other rabbitry to go mate it and it was success.
I think maybe it's my buck staying with the doe for long causes the false pregnancy for my doe.
Thank God anyway waiting anxiously for my new kits.
Congrats bro.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Olamilec(m): 10:11am On Aug 26, 2015
Wow coming back home from bank and I went to check my doe what I see surprised me, the doe and five kits am very happy.
@dyoungforester @samshoz what is the next line of action now, how can I arrange them for the doe to be giving them breast and any advise to take care of them

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 10:53am On Aug 26, 2015
Aku Ayo Omo oooo, just put them inside the kindling box and monitor their feeding rate, mine Also gave birth to six kits yesternight.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by kentochi(m): 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
dyoungforester:
Aku Ayo Omo oooo, just put them inside the kindling box and monitor their feeding rate, mine Also gave birth to six kits yesternight.
Share the pix with us nar it kind of motivate us back here.
Congrat
And more money!
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by nakscin(m): 12:47pm On Aug 26, 2015
Hey guys...love wat u all r doing....I'm into poultry n breeding dogs...'Ll love to give this rabbit farming a trial....wen..I get mine...'Lll kp u guys...updated...
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2015

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Olamilec(m): 8:59am On Aug 27, 2015
Thanks @dyoungforester aku ewu oooo, though I don't have a kindling box but this is how I arrange it for them and please how will I monitor their feeding, I don't know how please enlighten me.
The doe don't even remove enough furs for the kits

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 11:22am On Aug 27, 2015
Thanks, by checking the kids stomach you will know if truelly the mother is feeding them.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by joyfullad: 12:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
following,rabbits are amazing...
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by ewizard1: 3:35am On Aug 28, 2015
YoungForester, please where can i get Bunny in Nigeria?

The Rabbit with short ears species!
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 10:30am On Aug 28, 2015
@Ewizard; all what I know about rabbits is that they have long ear, but I think you're referring to GUINEA PIG because when I first saw it then I thought it was a rabbit. very soon by God's grace I will soon venture into guinea pigs and other mice business.
Thanks
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2015
Update: out of 15 pregnant matured rabbits, 4 out of them had kindled (give birth) I'm still expecting more, total number of the new kits gotten are 17 kits. as you can seen business is good.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 10:46am On Aug 28, 2015
Update: out of 15 pregnant matured rabbits, 4 out of them had kindled (give birth) I'm still expecting more, total number of the new kits gotten are 17 kits. as you can see rabbit business is good.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 11:15am On Aug 28, 2015
update; Out of 15 pregnant rabbits, 4 rabbits had kindled ( give birth), total number of the new kits are 17kits, as you can see rabbit business is worth doing.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 11:26am On Aug 28, 2015
A rabbit cage constructed by a colleague

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Olamilec(m): 3:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
dyoungforester:
A rabbit cage constructed by a colleague
@dyoungforester it seem my doe is not breast feeding the kits cos their stomach looks shobby so I now hold the doe legs and hands and put it down so the kits now sulu king the breast, hope I've done good? Or if their is other method let me know.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Olamilec(m): 3:56pm On Aug 28, 2015
@dyoungforester how much can I get that cage cos I really love it and can it be delivered to Ibadan?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply)

World's Biggest Cow Escapes Slaughter Because It's Too Big To Fit In Abattoir / A Farmer Killed Huge Python In His Farm In Rivers State (Photos) / Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.