Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,311 members, 7,943,748 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 12:01 AM

Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader (30970 Views)

Platoon 10 / Platoon 3, NYSC DELTA Lost Three Gems. / Meet Your Platoon Members Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Tinyemeka(m): 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
savio07: Royaldee, sure It's for a just course.
Just cause.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by sokarsenal(m): 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
oluamid:

Any graduate can join the OBS so far you can show the ability to be a good OAP or writer/reporter (though preferences are given to mass comm and other related grads). If you study Elect Eng or you are a DJ you equally have a good chance.
. Thanks for your response bro.......I am a chemical engineeeing graduate but I am interested in OBS
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
Evergreen123: There is nothing there in being a platoon leader.
Its just extra stress on you, unless u enjoy leadership.
My platoon leader was frowning the day we left camp, he was posted to teach in one remote village like that .
Whatever u gain from being a platoon leader, u can also gain by being a floor member ranging from favorable postings to dating any girl u want.
Even my camp medical director was posted to an 'unsavory' ppa, he asked for rejection and he was posted to a worse hospital, meanwhile,we the 'ordinary ppl' got what we wanted....
In essence, if u don't lobby well, u will stand the same chance as every other person.
lobby! thats the word. know exactly why u r in camp. as CMD camp clinic during my orientation course the clinic head had to ask me to submit names for preferrential postings simply because I was LOYAL.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by rildwanullahi(m): 6:28pm On Jul 03, 2014
My people camp abia is d best.abundant water and pests free (no mosquito,sunflies,even housefly).the camp was treated before our arrival.number one camp in nigeria
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by savio07(m): 8:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
Tinyemeka:
Just cause.
Thanks!
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by savio07(m): 8:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mad Cow:

[b]As a former Platoon Leader, I will give you some benefits;

1. Pussiie. For some reason, dumb corp members who are females think Platoon Leaders can influence their posting. Some of my Niggas exploited that.

2. You get the liberty of taking some rests inbetween lectures.

3. Food.. As Platoon Leader, you are incharge of your Platoons food and thus get first dipps at it. (I couldnt stand Camp food, never ate it for even a day).

4. Closeness to the Camp Officials. As the face of your platoon, you get to regularly interact with NYSC officials thus establishing a relationship.

5. Posting to the State Capital. Most of the Platoon leaders that were with me got posted to the State Capital.

DOWNSIDE:

1. Dealing with a multitude of Reetard Graduates. As platoon Leader, you have the ill fortune of trying to reason with unreasonable people. And problem is that they are now in a pack so they are even more unreasonable.

2. Insults: As Platoon Leader, I never one day took money from any member. I put my deputy and finance person in charge of that. Nigerians and Money, you dont want to get caught in the middle of that bullshit.

3. Responsibility: Be ready to sacrifice your time and money for ungrateful fucktards.

[/b]
Quite a piece. Thanks Bro!

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by fuckluv(f): 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
rildwanullahi: Enugu i dont knw,bt state allowee na 5k
State alawee in Enugu is 10k. But you will only be paid if you work for the state government. If federal, nothing for you.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by fuckluv(f): 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
Niyinficient: I hail d house abeg? Any info on enugu state? How d place be like? I mean their nysc package!
Enugu is okay provided you are in d state capital. Else you are O.Y.O.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Rdduite(m): 9:14pm On Jul 03, 2014
mojounited: Depends entirely on the type of NYSC staffs and Military Personnel in camp; If they're good/kind, you'll be privy to a bit of key info in camp but you'll have to use that to your advantage - it might not necessarily influence your posting (PPA) though, ELSE you'll benefit Nada, zilch, zero, shimkpain! Best bet, join the NYSC Musical Band in camp - you'll enjoy both in and out of camp. Why you may ask? NYSC Band is the ONLY military arm of ALL the CDS' in camp and the soldiers really respect the band boys as long as you guys can play well during parades and salutes)...I was a member of the band and we used to sit with soldiers in Mami to have fun. You can even leave the useless afternoon lectures on the pretence of going to service/repair the band instruments in time for parade cuz those khaki boys don't joke with parade o. Outside camp, all Band members are ALWAYS posted to the state capital (NYSC State Coordinator will need you guys for National Salutes during NYSC functions in the state so there's no way you'll be posted elsewhere) #My two pence

Please Sir, for someone like me that can't play band, will there be a training?
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by mojounited(m): 11:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
Rdduite:

Please Sir, for someone like me that can't play band, will there be a training?
@Rdduite, yes! You (and those that have registered interest) will be trained on how to play a particular instrument (trumpet, tenor, bass or snare/side drums) in camp. But I hope you're a fast learner as there'll be few days (Maybe 4-5 days) of training prior to screening... I must admit it won't be easy as you'll have to know, based of your type of instrument, how to play a full military parade, consisting of: Colour party, 3 General Salutes (police commissioner/road safety marshal, military commandant, fanfare for governor/president or their reps), National Salutes (National and NYSC anthems), Inspection, Slow and Quick march, etc. Might not be as difficult as I make it seem, but if you pass the screening, you're 100% going to be posted to the state capital...

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by bighanz(m): 10:16am On Jul 04, 2014
I just dey observe say females no dey active for most of these conversation....I stand a chance of been corrected...bros them..Bighanz
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by rildwanullahi(m): 11:00am On Jul 04, 2014
fuckluv: State alawee in Enugu is 10k. But you will only be paid if you work for the state government. If federal, nothing for you.
tanx dats wat i heard.bt am a corper already,just tryin to contribute my quota
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by jfkenny(m): 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
fuckluv: Enugu is okay provided you are in d state capital. Else you are O.Y.O.
pls are corp members serving in LGA paid state allowance.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by shoo266: 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2014
Leadership
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by fuckluv(f): 1:06pm On Jul 04, 2014
jfkenny.:

pls are corp members serving in LGA paid state allowance.
Yes but they stopped their payment recently.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by SirToby(m): 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2014
I heard they always initiate platoon leaders to illuminati.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ini4: 1:35am On Jul 05, 2014
Good day fellas, an Opportunity had been given to be part of the NYSC Prospective BATCH B 2014 group on WHAPSAPP as well as getin full update on topics such as (1)How To Prepare For NYSC Orientation Camp. (2)The secret of knowing how to work your NYSC posting to OIL companies. (3)How NYSC year can land you your dream job. (4) Everybdy wnts to go for NYSC and nobdy cares to know what NYSC means, you should know what NYSC means. (5) Looking at the experiences of some Ex corpers who once did their NYSC in places like Lagos, Ph, Abuja, Enugu, Ogun, Edo nd etc. (6) Given you the opportunity to take a glance look at pictures of various camps, their toilet nd what to expect in most camps such as Lagos camp, Portharcourt camp, Abuja camp, Enugu camp, delta camp, Ogun, oyo, bayelsa nd etc. So many topics to be discuss which I jst gave u few of them and finally given you d chance to make good frnds in the whatsapp group as well both male nd female frnds which your likely goin to meet in the same NYSC orientation camp with you. To join the Whatsapp BATCH B group, drop your contacts or add this number on whatsapp 07033994318 to join the future Awaiting corps members(NYSC BATCH B 2014). Thank you...
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 05, 2014
ini4: Good day fellas, an Opportunity had been given to be part of the NYSC Prospective BATCH B 2014 group on WHAPSAPP as well as getin full update on topics such as (1)How To Prepare For NYSC Orientation Camp. (2)The secret of knowing how to work your NYSC posting to OIL companies. (3)How NYSC year can land you your dream job. (4) Everybdy wnts to go for NYSC and nobdy cares to know what NYSC means, you should know what NYSC means. (5) Looking at the experiences of some Ex corpers who once did their NYSC in places like Lagos, Ph, Abuja, Enugu, Ogun, Edo nd etc. (6) Given you the opportunity to take a glance look at pictures of various camps, their toilet nd what to expect in most camps such as Lagos camp, Portharcourt camp, Abuja camp, Enugu camp, delta camp, Ogun, oyo, bayelsa nd etc. So many topics to be discuss which I jst gave u few of them and finally given you d chance to make good frnds in the whatsapp group as well both male nd female frnds which your likely goin to meet in the same NYSC orientation camp with you. To join the Whatsapp BATCH B group, drop your contacts or add this number on whatsapp 07033994318 to join the future Awaiting corps members(NYSC BATCH B 2014). Thank you...
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Tinyemeka(m): 8:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
savio07: Thanks!
Pleasure.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by hotmolo(m): 2:22am On Jul 08, 2014
oluamid:

You can influence it if you are close to the Camp Director, the Camp commandant, Platoon Officers, an L.I or a Z.I. If you join the OBS expect to be posted to the state capital cos that's where you have the Editorial Board CDS group. You can also influence it if you have the money to spend/bribe (though I don't subscribe to such). the surest way to influence your posting though is to become a Platoon Leader or Parade leader.
tnx alot
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ziego(m): 3:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
Do you have in mind to set up a business but no capital?
Do you want to be your boss and employ others?

there is solution to that.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by easrael(f): 4:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
temmyt20:
kk am ede north, 13c

Do u have an idea if they r posted to the barracks? I mean the football players?
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by CaptainZubi: 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2020
godG:
I was a Platoon Leader in camp.

Demanding. Because:

You might not really enjoy your camping being a leader.

E dey pain me say I no get time for 'package' cheesy. I was always exhausted.

You have to attend to so MANY things. You coordinate your platoon activities.

Your phone rings at leat 15 times daily. You get to work with the Platoon Officer and/or Commander whenever s/he calls.

You are like the father of the platoon members. Then, you will know that Nigerian graduates are really unemployable. You take excuse for them.

You make announcements in OBS, etc.

Benefits:

You get posted to wherever you want if you did well. Without a dime. My officials actually asked me where I wanted because they loved the job I did.

Likewise, you get access to firsthand info.

Another is that you might be licensed to go to mammi anytime if you have a good relationship with your Commander. Going out from the boring SAED lectures too won't be an issue for you. Just tell anybody that asks you that you are Officer Lagbaja's Platoon Leader. For me, almost all those soldiers knew me. Whenever them see me, dem go say:"Platoon 4 leader, how you dey?" My reply: "I'm good, sir." I go just waka like a boss.

Also, you will never get punished with your colleagues by your Commander. You chose what you want to do and what you don't want, because nobody expects you to kill yourself with all the demands that come with being the leader.

But please, don't mess with your colleagues' money. Be faithful, dedicated, listening, etc. and you would love the experience, because many people will look up to you - even after camp.

Right now, they still call me Platoon Leader wherever they see me.

But I no get time for package. cheesy Any avenue wey I see, na soso sleep.

Are you ready for this?

****Pls. excuse typos.
What's the process of being a platoon leader? Is it that they will just ask for whoever is willing to be, you raise up your hands and boom, you're the platoon leader or a group of people volunteers and you do a competition to choose ? How are they chosen?

Secondly, after being chosen, will you be asked to introduce yourself? Like your course of study, school etc?

I'll send a token recharge card if I can get a good answer.

Cc dubsy20
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by godG: 12:00am On Nov 16, 2020
CaptainZubi:

What's the process of being a platoon leader? Is it that they will just ask for whoever is willing to be, you raise up your hands and boom, you're the platoon leader or a group of people volunteers and you do a competition to choose ? How are they chosen?

Secondly, after being chosen, will you be asked to introduce yourself? Like your course of study, school etc?

I'll send a token recharge card if I can get a good answer.

Cc dubsy20

It depends on the camp and the officers.

For us, we were told to nominate anyone we felt could do the job or self-nominate. I put myself forward. Two other guys did.

Then we were told to introduce ourselves—school, course, etc. Then folks were asked to vote for us.

They voted based on our introductions (and appearance I guess). Tó God's glory, I probably had almost 90% of the votes. That's it, can't believe it's 6 years already. (ajoskele and co, una still dey this Nairaland so?)

Keep the recharge card, man.

Hope this helps.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by CaptainZubi: 8:46pm On Nov 16, 2020
godG:

For us, we were told to nominate anyone we felt could do the job or self-nominate. I put myself forward. Two other guys did.

Then we were told to introduce ourselves—school, course, etc. Then folks were asked to vote for us.

They voted based on our introductions (and appearance I guess). Tó God's glory, I probably had almost 90% of the votes. That's it, can't believe it's 6 years already. (ajoskele and co, una still dey this Nairaland so?)

Hope this helps.
Okay thanks alot. I graduated since 2014 but travelled out for a business that took much of my years. I've decided to serve now.

Also how many people are usually in a platoon (males and females combined)

Secondly, asides being the platoon leader, what's another group that can make you popular in camp and also favor you in getting meaningful PPA's

Lastly, I'll love to serve in an army, airforce or navy barracks. How possible is that ?

I appreciate your answers alot.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by CaptainZubi: 11:48am On Nov 17, 2020
godG

Pls just spare me a minute of your time to answer me above. I'll really appreciate alot. You can actually be the reason my nysc was worth the wahala or not. I just want to gain some info so I can prepare ahead.

Thanks brother.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by godG: 4:00pm On Nov 17, 2020
CaptainZubi:

Okay thanks alot. I graduated since 2014 but travelled out for a business that took much of my years. I've decided to serve now.

Also how many people are usually in a platoon (males and females combined)

Secondly, asides being the platoon leader, what's another group that can make you popular in camp and also favor you in getting meaningful PPA's

Lastly, I'll love to serve in an army, airforce or navy barracks. How possible is that ?

I appreciate your answers alot.

There are roughly 80-150 folks (male and female) in my platoon. The reason this happened was because Abuja corps members camped with us.

OBS (orientation broadcasting service) would get you posted to the state capital.

If you are a good football player and you get selected as part of the Football CDS, you will also be posted to the state capital.

Hmmmm, I can't say much about how easy it would be for you to serve in the Baracks. I think your best bet would be to talk to you platoon officer. In my own case, I had the privilege of serving wherever I wanted—that was what the platoon officer told me. He gave me a blank cheque.

Also, if you have the necessary connects, you should be fine.

Hope I answered your questions.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by alkines(m): 6:27am On Nov 18, 2020
godG:

Hope this helps.
Omo welcome to the Geng!!
My brother don't smile too much!
Don't laugh too much!
Always carry your members along and your decision is final!
Don't have cacaus!
Don't be angry at the haters who will abuse you in your presence!
Just be your self don't be too harsh neither should u be too flexible....e get why o...

All in all the advantage of being a platoon leader Las Las Na just recognition and nothing more As I was posted inside bush in Sokoto but I japaaaa.
Batch A 2020! The most unique set.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Richdee1(m): 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2020
alkines:
Omo welcome to the Geng!!
My brother don't smile too much!
Don't laugh too much!
Always carry your members along and your decision is final!
Don't have cacaus!
Don't be angry at the haters who will abuse you in your presence!
Just be your self don't be too harsh neither should u be too flexible....e get why o...

All in all the advantage of being a platoon leader Las Las Na just recognition and nothing more As I was posted inside bush in Sokoto but I japaaaa.
Batch A 2020! The most unique set.

Is it possible to be posted to ministries? Federal or State while being a platoon leader? Or its the same with an ordinary member.
Also can your course of study influence your PPA not knowing anyone in control or Admin?

Modified: Can you also give a list of Groups one can join. I only know of Red cross and OBS, are there more??
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by CaptainZubi: 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2020
godG:

There are roughly 80-150 folks (male and female) in my platoon. The reason this happened was because Abuja corps members camped with us.

OBS (orientation broadcasting service) would get you posted to the state capital.

If you are a good football player and you get selected as part of the Football CDS, you will also be posted to the state capital.

Hmmmm, I can't say much about how easy it would be for you to serve in the Baracks. I think your best bet would be to talk to you platoon officer. In my own case, I had the privilege of serving wherever I wanted—that was what the platoon officer told me. He gave me a blank cheque.

Also, if you have the necessary connects, you should be fine.

Hope I answered your questions.
You did. Thanks alot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NYSC Posting To Oil Companies / Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried / NYSC Officially Announced 2018 Batch B Stream II Call-up Letter Date -screenshot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.