Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,889 members, 7,980,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 05:26 AM

Phcn Officials Cuting And Carting Away Ones Power Line, Legal? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Phcn Officials Cuting And Carting Away Ones Power Line, Legal? (850 Views)

Photos: Doyin Okupe Carting Away His Property From Asokoro, Abuja / Doyin Okupe Carting Away His Property From Asokoro, Abuja (photos) / Terrifying Photos Of A Man Who Got Electrocuted On A Power Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phcn Officials Cuting And Carting Away Ones Power Line, Legal? by pacesetter(m): 11:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
This question goes to all Nigerians here. I've been wondering if it's legal for powe holding company's workers to cart away people wires from the electric pole.

I know it's their right to cut down anyone whose bill is unpaid but to take away the wire? I don't know. I tend to believe that your electric wire is your personal property because you bought it. It becomes 'illegal' if you reconnect it after the initial cut down without paying your outstanding bills.

A woman in a place I was at today fought and forced her wire away from the power holding guys...the guy that lead the team threatened the woman that she will see the supposedly 'legal' implication of collecting her wire back from them.

Senior friends, what's the norm'? Are the power holding official allowed to 'legally' take away one's power line?
Re: Phcn Officials Cuting And Carting Away Ones Power Line, Legal? by pacesetter(m): 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
looking forward to more meaningful contributions from nairalanders.
Re: Phcn Officials Cuting And Carting Away Ones Power Line, Legal? by abes(m): 6:11pm On Jun 29, 2014
I don't think it's legal to take away your wires you bought with your own money, it's even illegal for anybody to step into your property without a warrant, not even a task force official. But we live in a lawless environment.
Re: Phcn Officials Cuting And Carting Away Ones Power Line, Legal? by pacesetter(m): 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
Thanks for you reply. Looking forward to other's opinion?
Re: Phcn Officials Cuting And Carting Away Ones Power Line, Legal? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
Are there no boys in the street to judge the PHCN staffs straight away?

I hate those niggas. . . .

You for don finish with them and then come back to inform us how you handle them.
Re: Phcn Officials Cuting And Carting Away Ones Power Line, Legal? by pacesetter(m): 11:13am On Jun 30, 2014
hahaha...maybe out of respect sha..

(1) (Reply)

Looters Stole Cash, Credit Cards, And Jewelry From Flight MH17 Crash Victims / Lig / CBN Is Recruiting (?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.