Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,665 members, 7,885,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:26 PM

Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? (14073 Views)

Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? / Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. / Being Married To A Nigerian Is Hard Sometimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Smile4mee01: 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2014
Does being married hinder some dreams? It's funny how one talks about what he or she would like to achieve but once they get married they seem to struggle or even abadone it totally.

Hav a few friends who have given up on education, business , travels and other stuff now that they are married. Could this also be y some brothers aint married yet?

5 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by lomaxx: 12:02am On Jun 29, 2014
Following

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by fingard02k(m): 2:18am On Jun 29, 2014
it depends
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by AreaFada2: 3:45am On Jun 29, 2014
Perhaps.

Being married, you may think twice before engaging in potentially deadly sports/leisure like mountaineering or bungee jumping and taking certain risks.
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Afam4eva(m): 3:51am On Jun 29, 2014
It hinders individualistic and selfish dreams. When you agree to marry, your life no longer belongs to you. You share it with your partner and any decision you make has to be an agreement between you and your partner. That's why if you want to continue the dream you've been nursing before marriage, make sure you marry someone that will accept both you and your dreams.

43 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 3:56am On Jun 29, 2014
dont you have a dream before you got married.... And to me marriage is a dream too.... We all dream to get married someday.

It depend on those who doesnt plan it well right from the biginning.... You had to have a plan, thats just it.... And if you make a mistake in chosing,is still lack of plan.... Thats why i do tell most of my friends not to rush into marriage and never date someone you cant marry... Mistake can happened...

What lead to most broken home today is lack of plan and error people make before they got married.... Marrage should be a source of happiness not sorry,sorry all the time.

It will destroy your plan if you chose the wrong partner ..... Never rush into marraige... Is another life entire. Peace

12 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by airroseice(m): 4:03am On Jun 29, 2014
Money is important; before you get married and to pursue your dreams (Education, Business, Travel etc.)

Understanding your partner is primary. If you're both friends, the sail should be easier.

Marital decisions are usually collective and quite sentimental. Just remember, the bigger the risk, the bigger the reward.

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 4:04am On Jun 29, 2014
depends. It would greatly reduce your mobility and flexibility. Your first commitment would be to your spouse.

12 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Gifted4all(m): 4:10am On Jun 29, 2014
Capital NO
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by badboy: 4:18am On Jun 29, 2014
saxywale: depends. It would greatly reduce your mobility and flexibility. Your first commitment would be to your spouse.
I support this position. It gets even more reduced as the kids come along.

11 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by reedbam: 4:19am On Jun 29, 2014
It won't if the dream have multiple character featuring in it like, "someday i'll be so rich that i'll wake up one morning beside my wife in the maldives the next morning in bahamas and have dinner in an Italian restaurant the same night"

So if I don't get married how will I have a female called "wife"... it's all about perspective wink

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by 1k001(m): 4:27am On Jun 29, 2014
It hinders the useless dreams and encourages the more productive ones.

Before marriage i dreamt to go to cuba (for what sef i don't now)

After marriage i now dream to put my children through college.

I may still go to cuba but i know there are far more important things to spend time and money on

That's what marriage does, it matures you by force!

29 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by GboyegaD(m): 4:27am On Jun 29, 2014
Good observation OP. I think the challenge is in the way we see marriage in our culture. Unless we have a broader view of life and marriage, it will have to remain the way it is right now.

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by jibbish(m): 4:43am On Jun 29, 2014
@Op- yes it does
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by ozodimgba(m): 4:58am On Jun 29, 2014
yes of course
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 4:59am On Jun 29, 2014
Yes it does. Simple.

It's quite tricky sha but you may have to read this short article on disadvantages of marriage. Here:

http://www.nairamode.com/2014/06/some-disadvantages-of-marriage.html
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by momentum85(m): 5:09am On Jun 29, 2014
i think so cos most times, what u failed to achieve when single requires double effort when married.

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by MrKnowitall: 5:10am On Jun 29, 2014
If marriage hinders your dream then your dreams probably wasn't worth anything anyways.

15 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Dygeasy(m): 5:10am On Jun 29, 2014
If and only if something like this happens; He cum, she cum, baby cum, How come?

I don't see marriage hindering any of my dreams except I get married prematurely and by prematurely I don't mean age. I mean every sense of maturity- financial, emotional and well, chronological.

2 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Pavore9: 5:11am On Jun 29, 2014
lt depends.
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by vosquare: 5:14am On Jun 29, 2014
odun4love: dont you have a dream before you got married.... And to me marriage is a dream too.... We all dream to get married someday.

It depend on those who doesnt plan it well right from the biginning.... You had to have a plan, thats just it.... And if you make a mistake in chosing,is still lack of plan.... Thats why i do tell most of my friends not to rush into marriage and never date someone you cant marry... Mistake can happened...

What lead to most broken home today is lack of plan and error people make before they got married.... Marrage should be a source of happiness not sorry,sorry all the time.

It will destroy your plan if you chose the wrong partner ..... Never rush into marraige... Is another life entire. Peace
i dnt understnd d plan u r talkin abt. What kind of plan from the beginning?
How did ur plan know u chose the wrong spouse?

I tink people pray 2 God for good hubby or wifey nd God do not answer all because most people move close 2 God or repent because of good marriage pathner

but i want u 2 lay more emphasis on the plan u r talkin about..tnks
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by englishmart(m): 5:15am On Jun 29, 2014
Marriage stopping dreams?
U must be kidding me.
It's dreams that stop marriage$ Lol

5 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 5:21am On Jun 29, 2014
I missed my former handle. It's gone to the wind.

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Danielotuya(m): 5:24am On Jun 29, 2014
It does oh. That's y some pipo will say if u wanna change d world do it wen u are unmarried,cos wen u are maried,u cant even change d TV channel

25 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by femi4: 5:34am On Jun 29, 2014
Danielotuya: It does oh. That's y some pipo will say if u wanna change d world do it wen u are unmarried,cos wen u are maried,u cant even change d TV channel
grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 5:53am On Jun 29, 2014
Marriage could hinder some dreams, when one is not fully prepared before venturing into ti.
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Emyemyberry(m): 5:56am On Jun 29, 2014
Marriage kor,have u guys ever tot about the benefit of being a single parent?
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by sammyyoung2(m): 6:03am On Jun 29, 2014
Av always suspected so also....but, God has his own plans!
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Dannylux: 6:04am On Jun 29, 2014
It does. You get to learn that you're not only responsible for yourSELF. You don't take every leap you would take ordinarily as a bachelor when you're married.
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 29, 2014
fingard02k: it depends

On what?
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 6:17am On Jun 29, 2014
vosquare:
i dnt understnd d plan u r talkin abt. What kind of plan from the beginning?
How did ur plan know u chose the wrong spouse?

I tink people pray 2 God for good hubby or wifey nd God do not answer all because most people move close 2 God or repent because of good marriage pathner

but i want u 2 lay more emphasis on the plan u r talkin about..tnks
everybody has to set things that will keep them moving....like, i believed u would have had a good career before even planning of getting married, u would have make sure u and ur family will be saved
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by ireneidiva(f): 6:18am On Jun 29, 2014
It does when you marry someone that does not support you dreams.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? / Smart Tvs Available For Sale / Should A Man Have A Gun In His House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.