Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,773 members, 7,882,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 11:25 AM

Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here (8889 Views)

I Want To Start Up A Palm Kernel Oil Production / How To Write An Agric Business Proposal For Poultry Or Fish Farming / 10 Man Agric Business Group In 2015.......>>>>>ibadan Axis Only......<<<<< (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
Large white "about to cross" females for sale.

There is guarantee on my products.

I am based in Akure, ondo state, nigeria. Check my signature for my details.

I remain loyal to the God of Agric.,

The Unbeatable.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by Paulordiah(m): 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
Howw much which breeds,
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by Paulordiah(m): 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2014
Brewers dry waste 50kper from benin excluding transport transport will depend on no of tonnes
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 11:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
Paulordiah: Howw much which breeds,

*large white*
* about to cross pig price starts from 15k anywhere* mine is 15k too and they are 7 months.* on their first heat now.

*my products are RELIABLE because I give my customers Guarantee*

If our client's management practices is good and he/she sees that our product is not satisfying, they return our goods and we refund 60% of their money within 3 working days. But we hardly have complaints.

That is our cutting edge customer service.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 11:26pm On Sep 05, 2014
Paulordiah: Brewers dry waste 50kper from benin excluding transport transport will depend on no of tonnes

Hmnn, too expensive.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 11:28pm On Sep 05, 2014
I have rebbits for sale o. 3k for adult male/female.

Check my signature for details.

Sincerely,

The Unbeatable.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by AMONIBIA(m): 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
Unbeatable, thanks for all this.
I have a one and half plot of land in a reltively remote area, some people have started erecting stuctures there. I want to start a poultry farm on the property, my question is, how do i run the farm without disturbing my neighbors with smell?
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by samseen02(m): 11:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
Read this article on how to get easy access to NACRDB loan scheme... http://www.wealthmeans..com.es/2013/06/applying-for-nigerian-agricultural.html
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 12:53am On Sep 08, 2014
AMONIBIA: Unbeatable, thanks for all this.
I have a one and half plot of land in a reltively remote area, some people have started erecting stuctures there. I want to start a poultry farm on the property, my question is, how do i run the farm without disturbing my neighbors with smell?

There are two solutions to your questions namely:

1 the first thing we need to know is what causes smell in poultry house. It is anaerobic decomposition of poultry waste.
What I am saying is this, when there is no air or little air circulation in the poulrty waste that you pack out of your farm.
This can be due to too much water in the feaces or if the feaces is stockpiled in such a way that breeze is not blowing it well.

Solution:
Use rake to spread the feaces or dig a hole and pour the feaces inside.

2: you can mix larvacide, a premix with their feed and you will have little or no fowl smell.

Shallom,

The Unbeatable.

1 Like

Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 1:06am On Sep 08, 2014
samseen02: Read this article on how to get easy access to NACRDB loan scheme... http://www.wealthmeans..com.es/2013/06/applying-for-nigerian-agricultural.html

Ok
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 9:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
All rabbits sold.

Thank God.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 8:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
A large white mature boar for sale in akure.

It is good as a parent stock. Its pure breed.

SoRry, I don't have the pix here.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by knowledge4(m): 4:36pm On Oct 13, 2014
A bank known as the Bank of Agriculture,owned by the Federal Government of Nigeria is giving out loans to genuine farmers who can prove their genuineness.The F.G.N has provisioned N200 Billion as loans to farmers and the steps to access the loan are straight forward if you are a genuine person with genuine intentions.If you are an unemployed Nigerian graduate looking for paid employment,pay attention to this post and take a step of faith to key into it.

The steps to obtain the loan are as follows:
1) Locate the office of the Bank of Agriculture that covers the area or local government area where your farm is situated and open an account with the bank with a minimum deposit of N3000.00

2) For the ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) requirements, you must present your NEPA Bill which confirms your place of residence + any of the approved means of identification such as International Passport, Drivers License, National Identity Card or Voters Registration Card.

3) Other requirements are:
Complete and signed account form
Complete and signed mandate card
Present 4 passport photographs of yourself

4) You must run and operate the account for at least 3 -6months before applying for the loan. Do not think that you can just open the account, abandon it and show up after 6 months for the loan. The loan is not the usual national cake and the bank, newly repositioned, is not fooled. If you play that old game, the bank will doubt your integrity and commitment to repay the loan if granted and that means you may not get it.

Running and operating the loan means that you make it an active account. This means making sure that you save money and withdraw from the account on a regular basis. The bank wants to see that there are transactions going on in the account. Therefore, you should make regular deposits and withdrawals on the account during the 6 month period to create an active relationship that makes the bank have confidence in you.

5) You must have an existing farm, at a fixed location and the farm must have its record of operations and activities on a daily basis neatly kept. The era of armchair farmers/political farmers/farms of no fixed address/classroom farmers are over. The bank will visit your farm for inspection when you apply for the loan.

6) The bank will check what you have on ground; see how far you have gone; what the loan is required for, and ensure that the loan is appropriate for what it is required. The bank wants to know whether you have an adequate knowledge of your area of farming business. You must be able to demonstrate the practical hands-on experience in your area of farming. The bank wants to know whether you have a project you are working on and the fund requirements. And within a month of the inspection, the loan will be approved if the bank is satisfied.

You can obtain a loan of N250,000.00 from the Bank of Agriculture without any collateral.With this amount,you can set up a small backyard chicken business that will pay more than the elusive salary job you are seeking. Some graduates earn N15,000.00 monthly in the name of earning a salary.What a pity!I will show you how to go about setting up a small chicken business with as low as N100,000.00.Visit 1st signature below

1 Like

Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 10:35am On Oct 15, 2014
To my friends and followers:

Pardon my absence. Its been for good.

I will be back soonest.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 9:42pm On Oct 28, 2014
I greet everyone o.

Brb.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by Tosineb: 9:29am On Dec 20, 2014
Good day sir, pls help, i wanted start agric biz (poultry, catfish etc), but money and land has been the major challenge for me. Pls how do i go about it pls
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
Tosineb:

Starting is not a problem. In relation to what you want to do. What materials do you think you may need, and which one do you already have or which one will be easy for you to get. I am not talking of buying now. Reply pls.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
Sir theUnbeatable, please do you have an idea of the market (local and international) for dried (dehydrated) tomato.

Thanks.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 4:44pm On Jan 06, 2015
I don't have an idea. To be honest.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2015
TheUnbeatable:
I don't have an idea. To be honest.

Ok. Thanks.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by eddyspice(m): 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
The Unbeatable
Please I am preparing to venture into piggery. My main concern is the feeding source and how to minimise smell from their waste. Also can pigs feed on cocoyam? Lastly what's the cost of buying a sow and boer? Thanks
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 2:32am On Jan 09, 2015
Please give me some time. I will make certain explanations here.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by michelism(m): 7:46am On Jan 09, 2015
G. Morning the house. The Unbeatable, please I need your help on this.I am ready to go into Agric and I have three plots of land(all fenced) at Ikorodu, Lagos. Am also in possession of some cash to start but I don't want to waste it with my inexperienced state.
Please help.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
@eddyspice:

Piggery farming is good. It gives you business security. This means that it is very rear before you can loose your capital. In most cases, you will make gain. Unlike poultry that you can loose your investment within 2 days. Pigs don't die easily. They are hardy. Resistant to disease and many lethal conditions. For instance. On my farm 3 weeks ago. A sow(mother pig) attacked a straying piglet(not her own) and knocked her down with force that the piglet fainted. The attendant thought that was the end. The piglet picked up itself and ran away after few minutes. I know that would not be the story if it was another livestock.
What I am trying to say is that. Under proper management, you will have less mortality or no mortality atall. Experiencing this brings me satisfaction. Get me?
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
@eddyspice: you dint include your proposed farm location. To minimise cost, you use local feeding materials available in your area. Pigs unlike humans have 15,000 taste buds. That means they can eat virtually any thing. My pigs eats bitter leaf sometimes when I feed them with it. That is the extent of their taste. They eat trees cometimes. They eat plantain or banana tree. Both the leave, the tree and the unripe fruit. They consume all. They even eat pawpaw tree, leave and unripe fruit. Just name the farm or agro industry waste, they will eat it. But you must be mindful of giving them balanced rations too even as they consume those rubbish and funny enough that is what they love the most compared to concentrate feed. You see, I started piggery when I had nothing and theythrived on kitchen waste and other"rubbish" but now things are better and they are on compounded rations. Piggery is a business for a man that has an unstable income or that is jobless. I mean someone not having a payed employment. It is a business for graduates still believing God for good jobs.

Pigs eats cocoyam, they eat crab, fish, live animals like snake, snail, they even eat their piglets if care is not taken. Pigs eat concrete, they eat sand, they eat wood and in short they can be destructive.

Your location determines your feeding stuffs.

1 Like

Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 1:23pm On Jan 09, 2015
@eddy spice:

My piggery does not have fowl smell. Fowl smell comes when you do not manage water well not their feaces. Pigs like to wallow(swim) alot. If you provide wallow, make sure you change it daily. It is anaerobic decomposition of waste that causes bad smell. So when you pack their feaces, make sure you spread it on the dung hill so that the water can drain and sun can dry it. It is harmattan time now, even if you don't clean your piggery for a week now it will not smell because everywhere is dry. All these my opinion is a factor of. Your herd population, stocking density and feeding material.
I stand to be corrected anyway.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 1:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
The cost of your parent stock is dependent on your taste. What do you want?

Pure breed?
Cross breed?
Polluted breed?
Local breed?

Pure breed is expensive. Cross breed also is expensive. Pig farmers with integrity will tell you the difference. Just like the ibo men will tell you the difference between milo and bournvita. To the buyer they may be thesame but to the seller they are very different.
I once bought a pure breed boer for 20, 000 and bought thesame size cross breed for 9,800 naira in akure here. They look similar but they are very different. Your taste is the major thing when you are buying your parent stock.

I will continue shortly.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 1:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
Pigs are sold per kg/live weight. Go to reputable farms and tell them you want the pigs as parent stock to start your farm. They should be able to give you a good breed and live weight here in akure ranges from 350 naira to 800 naira. It all depends on what the seller wants to give you.

Personally, majority of my pigs are breeder pigs. Pigs that you rear so that they can produce more piglets for you. For sometime now I dint sell because I want to use them to expand my sow line. But when I see someone with the desire to have that my kind of pig. I sell and I don't sell it cheap because I give quarantee on my products since I know what I concort there. * laughs*

It's all about the bonding between you and your animals. I can predict what they can produce. This is not making mouth.

Why do you think obasanjo sells his weaners for 30, 000 each. It's because he knows what is in them. I have pig breed that farrows 11 at her first farrowing and it keeps increasing according to the law of genetics until it's forth farrow.

With all this my talks, I stand to be corrected if I have anyone with an outstanding result and I know there are many better than me.

All what I am trying to say is that there is no fixed price for pigs but I know it is sold according to its live weight.

Sincerely.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 2:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
michelism:
G. Morning the house. The Unbeatable, please I need your help on this.I am ready to go into Agric and I have three plots of land(all fenced) at Ikorodu, Lagos. Am also in possession of at least #500,000 to start but I don't want to waste it with my inexperienced state.
Please help.

Ogami!

Don't worry about inexperience. There are many people I know on this forum that can help you start up well. It's just that we also have people that are only interested in your money. Please don't declare the amount you have again. It may bring you more foes than friends on a faceless platform like this. For security reasons.

Your money is not a major factor here but yourself. What you can invest in is in you. You determine it yourself. Apart from that I presume your land is in a residential area abi?

Big farms are usually not in residential areas but you can start with what you have. When you are enlarged, you will go to a bigger place.

What I will ask you is, considering your work and family and pleasure time, what agric business do you think you can do?

I think we can start from there.
Or ask your wife what agric business she thinks you can do. I think a better answer will come from her. I think she should be able to analyse you better than yourself but if not? No problem.

Your reply please?
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by eddyspice(m): 9:04pm On Jan 09, 2015
@ unbeatable thanks a lot for this enlightenment on piggery. As regard my location,I live in Delta state. I intend starting with about 5 pigs(1 boar and 4 sows) is this amount to small from a farmer's point of view
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by TheUnbeatable(m): 8:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
It is not too small. Start with what your budget can accommodate.

Sincerely.
Re: Meet - Agric Business Start Up Analyst Here by sharonbolly(f): 8:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
SHARON AGRO LINK::::....Supply of day old chicks ,turkey,feed,supply of vet drugs,supply of farm equipments,breeding and veterinary services. All @ a cheaper prize,.....@ sharon agrolink we promise you the best services ever.........Try Us today and a trial will convince you........IF you are interested contact me here and promise U a quick response.....Agents from all part of nigeria are needed............Contact me on :08182900720,07031022827......FB: Sharon bolanle oni..BBM:332CC762......Kindly help rebroadcast.......THANKS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Exporters Of Agricultural Produce Forum / 9 Weeks Old Noilers For Sale In Ibandan / Customized Irrigation Solutions for Plantain, Cocoa & other tree Crops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.