Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,437 members, 7,888,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:23 AM

Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter (15011 Views)

A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady / Reasons INDIAN Was Banned From Football By Fifa / Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Areacode213: 6:33pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ada Nri1: She's also very bitter, cynical, divisive and perpetually callous.

I wonder what made her that way. I shudder with pity for her when I read some of her articles.

Lol. Playing to type again. Ann Coulter couldn't ever miss the obvious World Cup chance to portray herself as the conservative queen of d culture wars. Football must seem to her as being 'sissy & unAmerican'
Not content with half-baked politics & her twisted 'take America back' crusade against 'bleeding heart' liberals, she had to unwittingly stick out her neck further into soccer which she's apparently clueless about, broadcasting her utter ignorance round the whole globe

Even a disinterested NL teen in remote Lagos, now forced to learn the hollow distinction btw soccer & f/ball, may not be wrong to wonder if 'Americans' are not a tenuously ignorant bunch. Really, IMO, they are mostly an independent-minded & sensible lot in d long run as Andrew H. has just demonstrated, a red-state conservative from a military family at that. :-)
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by macof(m): 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2014
Why are you all giving that mumu American maggot attention?

It's clear the hate on football( na football, played wit the foot...I no know wey dem see soccer) is because they suck at it.

Jealousy go kill them.

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Mudley313: 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2014
You get work o...smh @ your lengthy azz emotional response to this professional troll; you're actually giving her what she's looking for

abohrandy: This is a reply to A Hate Speech On Football (soccer) By An American Lady) https://www.nairaland.com/1790545/hate-speech-football-soccer-american#24326354
Let me start by giving a disclaimer. I am a Republican and was raised in a Republican household. I identify with many Republican values. I am also Christian and have lived in Arkansas (part of the Bible Belt and a "red" state) my entire life. The 2012 presidential election was my first opportunity to vote and I was extremely excited to vote for Romney. My parents and I discuss our displeasure with Obama all the time. While I am not as extreme as you, I definitely lean more right than left.

uh huh...how does it feel to be bedfellows with this ignoramus? uncle tom azz nigga

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by kobonaire(m): 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ray McBlue:

A survey was conducted in Sweden where A Brit, a Yank, and a Swede were each given a map and told to pin-point the location of State of Philadelphia on the U.S map, the Brit was able to locate and mark the exact spot, the Swede did the same, but the yank had no clue and marked California Instead.

An average Yank has no clue, mate and what's more... they are proud of it.
so what you are saying is that based on this survey of just 4 people (and that too only 1 yank) you have drawn judgement on a country of 300 million people? That's a classic definition of àss-clown reasoning my friend. I'm sure you are capable of more logic than that?

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Mudley313: 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2014
emperorchedda: They hate soccer just because they suck at it

uh huh? you do realize the U.S is still in the World Cup while the likes of England, Italy and Spain are gone? and how many times has the U.S lifted the female soccer world cup again?

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Mudley313: 7:18pm On Jun 29, 2014
macof: It's clear the hate on football( na football, played wit the foot...I no know wey dem see soccer) is because they suck at it.

Mr. man just stop...the U.S just made it out of a group that had Germany, Portugal and Ghana

...and you do realize American football is called that because the ball is a foot long and not because it's played with your feet or hands

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by RayMcBlue(m): 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
kobonaire: so what you are saying is that based on this survey of just 4 people (and that too only 1 yank) you have drawn judgement on a country of 300 million people? That's a classic definition of àss-clown reasoning my friend. I'm sure you are capable of more logic than that?

In another survey conducted to see how the secondary education of developed countries ranked against each other, the results:

1. SWEDEN
2. NORWAY
3. DENMARK
4. SWITZERLAND
5. UNITED KINGDOM
6. FRANCE
7. CANADA
8. GERMANY
9. THE UNITED STATES
10. ITALY

You can look this up on Google if you want, there are differing results all over the place, but one thing is constant though: U.S.A is never among the top 8.

Americans hardly give a crap about anything that ain't american. Even in foreign countries, they'd rather enroll in American owned universities than the more equipped and renowned UN-American ones.

An average yank would tell you that 'Mexican' is a language and Portugal is in South America. Americans don't care for movies and TV series that ain't american and would rather copy the originals from other countries and modified them for the american audience than watch the reruns on cables like the rest of the world, etcetera.

I'm not here to sling mud on the Yanks, not at all, but sometimes truth needs to be said.

3 Likes

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Csami(m): 8:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
Chrisx1x: Frm what i just read,it seems there is a difference btw football and soccer,pls sb help me out

Don't mind the senseless beings. They don't call it football but soccer yet their so-called "football" is been played with both hands and legs. How can one be specific about something and yet choose not to understand concept behind it.
The one they refer to as football is the super bowl they play and remixed the actual football by calling it soccer.
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by cirmuell(m): 8:18pm On Jun 29, 2014
most Americans are really dumb!
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by kobonaire(m): 8:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ray McBlue:

In another survey conducted to see how the secondary education of developed countries ranked against each other, the results:

1. SWEDEN
2. NORWAY
3. DENMARK
4. SWITZERLAND
5. UNITED KINGDOM
6. FRANCE
7. CANADA
8. GERMANY
9. THE UNITED STATES
10. ITALY

You can look this up on Google if you want, there are differing results all over the place, but one thing is constant though: U.S.A is never among the top 8.

Americans hardly give a crap about anything that ain't american. Even in foreign countries, they'd rather enroll in American owned universities than the more equipped and renowned UN-American ones.

An average yank would tell you that 'Mexican' is a language and Portugal is in South America. Americans don't care for movies and TV series that ain't american and would rather copy the originals from other countries and modified them for the american audience than watch the reruns on cables like the rest of the world, etcetera.

I'm not here to sling mud on the Yanks, not at all, but sometimes truth needs to be said.
number 9 in the world is still very respectable. Where is India, China or even 9ja on that list?
You can come up with a lot of valid arguments about how 'dumb' Americans are but at the end of the day they are the most sought after country for immigration and the seat of innovation and knowledge in engineering, information technology, science, medicine ... you name it.

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by kobonaire(m): 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
cirmuell: most Americans are really dumb!
funny the same can be said about Nigerians. It is just your perspective.

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by cirmuell(m): 9:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
kobonaire: funny the same can be said about Nigerians. It is just your perspective.
lol...edited, i was on an IM!

*but seriously theirs is much.

2 Likes

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by GatJokez(f): 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2014
cirmuell: most Americans are really dumb!

Hey watch it, I'm an American citizen wink .... Not born and raised though grin
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by GatJokez(f): 9:14pm On Jun 29, 2014
kobonaire: number 9 in the world is still very respectable. Where is India, China or even 9ja on that list?
You can come up with a lot of valid arguments about how 'dumb' Americans are but at the end of the day they are the most sought after country for immigration and the seat of innovation and knowledge in engineering, information technology, science, medicine ... you name it.

Problem is, you should never generalize. Many Americans come from different cultures and heritages including Nigerian. Everywhere you go, you'll find dumb people. Some are just plain bigots. Think about this too - how many non-Americans make fun of American football and discredit it? I used not appreciate American football until I moved here and started watching it with friends. I learned that it too has strategy that makes the sport challenging and interesting to watch. Then again, I love sports.

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by cirmuell(m): 9:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
GatJokez:

Hey watch it, I'm an American citizen wink .... Not born and raised though grin
grin sorry dear..d things is Americans(those white racist) always like to portray this 'we run the world image' and in the process portray their stupidity!
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by GatJokez(f): 9:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
cirmuell: grin sorry dear..d things is Americans(those white racist) always like to portray this 'we run the world image' and in the process portray their stupidity!

It's ok and thx... I totally understand what you mean... Racists are ignorant bigots and a lot of Americans are very arrogant about being a super power. One thing about racism is that it happens in all races. I have encountered racism coming from many Asians, Whites, and Blacks etc. Many people want to have supremacy over others. I think it's a human disease.

2 Likes

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by cirmuell(m): 9:44pm On Jun 29, 2014
GatJokez:

It's ok and thx... I totally understand what you mean... Racists are ignorant bigots and a lot of Americans are very arrogant about being a super power. One thing about racism is that it happens in all races. I have encountered racism coming from many Asians, Whites, and Blacks etc. Many people want to have supremacy over others. I think it's a human disease.
I guess so 'cause it happens even among Countrymen(Nigeria is an example), but it's dumb people that will think they are better than another from a different race/tribe...and I can't help but hate this set of people.

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by kobonaire(m): 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
GatJokez:

Problem is, you should never generalize. Many Americans come from different cultures and heritages including Nigerian. Everywhere you go, you'll find dumb people. Some are just plain bigots. Think about this too - how many non-Americans make fun of American football and discredit it? I used not appreciate American football until I moved here and started watching it with friends. I learned that it too has strategy that makes the sport challenging and interesting to watch. Then again, I love sports.
i'm with you dear, nothing beats the strategy, last minute drama of American football... Who's your team? I'm #NyGiants
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by macof(m): 10:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mudley313:

Mr. man just stop...the U.S just made it out of a group that had Germany, Portugal and Ghana

...and you do realize American football is called that because the ball is a foot long and not because it's played with your feet or hands

And who is Portugal or Ghana?? Especially after CR7's injury. keep deceiving urself with such rubbish claims of group of death

Germany is the only team worth a world cup scare in that group so it was a pretty much open group.

And why do they call it soccer when the whole world calls it football? Played with the foot

USA sucks at football, it's dat simple

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by texasbullet(m): 10:23pm On Jun 29, 2014
the best answer to a racist is to do as if they don't exist. imagine someone calls u a black man, and u call the person a white man and open ur teeth at the person grin . after all its all colour.
the best response to a racial abuse is that of the Barcelona star Dani Alves. A racist threw a banana at him and he ignored the person that threw it, but picked up the banana took a bite and continued his game
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by texasbullet(m): 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2014
the best answer to a racist is to do as if they don't exist. imagine someone calls u a black man, and u call the person a white man and open ur teeth at the person grin . thats what i usually do to white pple in my place after all its all colour.
the best response to a racial abuse is that of the Barcelona star Dani Alves. A racist threw a banana at him and he ignored the person that threw it, but picked up the banana took a bite and continued his game.
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by sulmeza(m): 10:42pm On Jun 29, 2014
cronsberg: I just don't know whats wrong with this americans

The whole world calls it FOOTBALL, americans call it soccer
the whole world calls it trousers, americans calls it pants
the whole world calls it beef, americans calls it steak
the whole world calls it kiligram/centimetre/metre/celcius e.t.c americans calls it pound/inches/feet/fehrinhite

You better get in harmony with the rest of the world: bunch of unrepentant escapee prisoners of the old empire.
ahba bro...u dn kil em na..
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by GatJokez(f): 10:51pm On Jun 29, 2014
kobonaire: i'm with you dear, nothing beats the strategy, last minute drama of American football... Who's your team? I'm #NyGiants

I'm #Ravens... I think it's funny how they want a piece of the World Cup cake but hope some will actually learn to appreciate and even enjoy International Football smiley

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by kobonaire(m): 11:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
GatJokez: I'm #Ravens... I think it's funny how they want a piece of the World Cup cake but hope some will actually learn to appreciate and even enjoy International Football smiley
Don't mind them, you will have have some who will jump on the band wagon during the World Cup and being making noise. Soccer does not have the fan-base of the 'big 4' but has a growing and passionate support as is evident with the growth of MLS.
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by zidex: 11:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
Dhelake: Americans have problem with things they can't control, Unfortunately they will never get to control, Unfortunately they won't get to control Football not even when they call it Soccer
But why do americans call a game they play with hand football and a game they play with legs soccer? undecided

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:41pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mudley313:

uh huh? you do realize the U.S is still in the World Cup while the likes of England, Italy and Spain are gone? and how many times has the U.S lifted the female soccer world cup again?

be quiet and stop defending them

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by shogz89: 12:42am On Jun 30, 2014
davidif: Why are people up in arms about this? Its Ann Coulter's point of view. She can say whatever she wants. I believe its called freedom of speech.
Yeah¡! Freedom of speech is guaranteed,, but freedom after speech is not certain just as we just saw
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by GatJokez(f): 12:55am On Jun 30, 2014
kobonaire: Don't mind them, you will have have some who will jump on the band wagon during the World Cup and being making noise. Soccer does not have the fan-base of the 'big 4' but has a growing and passionate support as is evident with the growth of MLS.

Yea, you're right ... bandwagoners tend to phase out when the fun and excitement runs out. Hope the MLS doesn't lose momentum which can happen when America doesn't make to the top.
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by Mudley313: 1:48am On Jun 30, 2014
macof:

And who is Portugal or Ghana?? Especially after CR7's injury. keep deceiving urself with such rubbish claims of group of death

Germany is the only team worth a world cup scare in that group so it was a pretty much open group.

And why do they call it soccer when the whole world calls it football? Played with the foot

USA sucks at football, it's dat simple

USA defeated Nigeria in the last friendly before the world cup

USA made it to the round of 16 in South Africa and Quarter Finals in Korea/Japan while your Nigeria could not make it past the group stages since 1998; Nigeria has never reached the quarter finals ever

I know you just feel like arguing/trolling, but if US sucks then what about your Naija? ewu

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by GatJokez(f): 2:11am On Jun 30, 2014
cirmuell: I guess so 'cause it happens even among Countrymen(Nigeria is an example), but it's dumb people that will think they are better than another from a different race/tribe...and I can't help but hate this set of people.

I totally understand what you mean. That's why unbiased well rounded education is so important but sadly it is easier said than done - especially in many rural areas. Those are the people that most easily influenced by corrupt liars too. I almost wanna say that I pity them...

1 Like

Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by GatJokez(f): 2:18am On Jun 30, 2014
Ray McBlue:

A survey was conducted in Sweden where A Brit, a Yank, and a Swede were each given a map and told to pin-point the location of State of Philadelphia on the U.S map, the Brit was able to locate and mark the exact spot, the Swede did the same, but the yank had no clue and marked California Instead.

An average Yank has no clue, mate and what's more... they are proud of it.

This kind of survey doesn't tell us much. What background did these people have, what is their educational level, etc. This sounds like a very biased survey. I lived in Italy and saw that many Italians didn't know squat either. They only care about what happens within their borders.
Re: Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter by jookco(m): 2:54am On Jun 30, 2014
Dhelake: Americans have problem with things they can't control, Unfortunately they will never get to control, Unfortunately they won't get to control Football not even when they call it Soccer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rohr Demotes Yusuf To Third Assistant, Imama Won’t Sit On Team Bench Du / Kylian Mbappe Scores First Champions League Hat-trick In 2nd Half (Photos) / Atiku Abubakar Reacts Following Nigeria Defeat To Argentina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.