Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,928 members, 7,922,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:32 PM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (491772 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
awosmart:

I am very happy to read your feedback. I believe, we are here to educate ourselves. long life pig farmers.
The first farm to import PIC pigs to Nigeria is Astron farm Ltd. pure breed of Large white, Landrace,PIC 410(terminal sires) and terminal gilts were imported to Nigeria, Nov.,2013. I worked on the farm as Animal geneticist. JSR pigs( terminal sires)
were also imported from SA by IAR and T, Ikenne around that time.
I choose to know more about pig industry in Nigeria. Forgive my passion.
I appreciate your correction on the misuse of "pure breed ".I should have used "purebrand". Anyway, that is Nigerianism.
I salute you sir.

you are correct about IART, they imported about 20 boars and are currently selling the hybrid for 75k.
However the same JSR genetic s.em.en was circulated to farmers by osun state government.
some private farms also subscribed.

Benue state govt also recently imported some pigs from Ireland.

Prior to these, many other farms have also imported discreetly. Infact my first experience with Largewhite and Landrace pigs was in 1987 at a FG river basin pig project.

Importation of pigs into Nigeria has always been an annual affair however maintaining the genetic quality has been the challenge for the local Pig industry.

Breeding is about honesty and discipline,
I would have loved to expatiate but don't want to demarket any one
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by akhis: 7:47am On Oct 07, 2015
Hello house. Pls I noticed something on my piglet when I went to the farm today. I noticed that one of the testics of one of the piglet is very big unlike all others. The animal is not showing any sign of sickness. The piglets are just 18 days old. Pls is this normal?

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by REUBEN010(m): 9:23pm On Oct 07, 2015
akhis:
Hello house. Pls I noticed something on my piglet when I went to the farm today. I noticed that one of the testics of one of the piglet is very big unlike all others. The animal is not showing any sign of sickness. The piglets are just 18 days old. Pls is this normal?
Saw something like that on the abdominal region of one gilt in one farm I visited. The manager said its hernia.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ops(m): 5:19am On Oct 08, 2015
@Akhis : Reuben is right, its probably hernia. It won't affect the pig in anyway though, apart from the extra "load". Just leave it alone. don't try castrating it, might lead to complications.
Also, if you have options, don't use it to cross; you don't want to continue that bloodline.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by akhis: 9:20am On Oct 08, 2015
ops:
@Akhis : Reuben is right, its probably hernia. It won't affect the pig in anyway though, apart from the extra "load". Just leave it alone. don't try castrating it, might lead to complications.
Also, if you have options, don't use it to cross; you don't want to continue that bloodline.
REUBEN010:

Saw something like that on the abdominal region of one gilt in one farm I visited. The manager said its hernia.

Thanks guys for your response. I will just keep the animal and monitor it. I hope it stays alive till when its matured to sell out. I feel more ccomfortable now. Thanks my "nairapidia"
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Niyoga(m): 8:24am On Oct 09, 2015
Pls house who have pure line of duroc, about to cross or weaners or both for sale. Pls state the price and your location must be around lagos and ogun state.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Handsomebb: 10:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
Minimum amount to start with
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Handsomebb: 10:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
Pls what is the minimum amount one can invest with

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by muyiroro: 6:49am On Oct 14, 2015
Handsomebb:
Pls what is the minimum amount one can invest with
PLS OO, TO THE GURU IN THE HOUSE. HELP US WITH THIS QUESTION. THE MINIMUM CAPITAL ONE CAN ACTUALLY INVEST AS A START UP IN PIG BIZ. ALSO IS IT ADVISABLE FOR ONE TO SET-UP IS FARM OR TO START WITH GOVERNMENT SETTLEMENT LIKE OKE ARO ETC? THANKS GOD BLESS
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by muyiroro: 6:57am On Oct 14, 2015
muyiroro:

PLS OO, TO THE GURU IN THE HOUSE. HELP US WITH THIS QUESTION. THE MINIMUM CAPITAL ONE CAN ACTUALLY INVEST AS A START UP IN PIG BIZ. ALSO IS IT ADVISABLE FOR ONE TO SET-UP IS FARM OR TO START WITH GOVERNMENT SETTLEMENT LIKE OKE ARO ETC? THANKS GOD BLESS

I ACTUALLY HAVE LIKE 1M TO INVEST WITHOUT LAND BUT AM SKEPTICAL COS I DONT HAVE ANY BACKGROUND IN PIG FARMING
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by lolarde(f): 6:36am On Oct 15, 2015
boluwajokosegun:
PENS FOR RENT

There are 6 pens available out of 24 pens on 2 acres of an integrated farm for rent
Each pend take 5 matured pigs & take 16 piglets
There is borehole
There is farm manager living on farm
Farm is in lbadan city

TERMS & CONDITIONS

U pay for rent & management
We manage the farm
U provide your feeds & medication
We help to clean,feed & administer medications
You visit at least monthly
You provide enough feed that can last 4 month & provide another 4 months feeding a month b4 the last 4 month feed is over
We don't sell for client but we can connect to buyers
Each pen rent is N20k per year
Management fee is N2000 per month
Minimum pen u can rent is 3 pens
FREE TRAINING FOR CLIENT

Call Gbenga 08136650972 or eesteeresources@gmail.com

Which area of Ibadan is the farm located?
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dejia(m): 7:41am On Oct 22, 2015
Hello Farmers,

Not to bore those who dont like to read long stories, i have summarised my experience,

i hope this will be valuable for some farmers, or those who intend to go into farming.

This is strictly from my personal experience and not a standard.

I have received e-mails from several people who intend to go into farming, planning to quit their jobs and go into it full time at

a later stage, from my experience, you will require a 50 sow production line ( meaning 50 Sow (females) ) weaning about 1,000

piglets yearly.i think with a production of this nature, you can make a decent income , better than most paid jobs. But Please start small and

grow your herd.

My write up is for people looking in that direction

** Land Size:

Alot of young people are going into farming, acquiring land, and trying to start small, from my experience, i will

advice you try and much has possible to acquire a decent size, 2-4plots isnt enough for piggery, except you have plans

to move after 1 or 2years, which isnt easy. i recommend a minimum of 1 hectares ( 20 plots) if you really want to go big ( have about 50

sow production line). I know it might cost alot of money, but its very important.

You might argue and say that size is too big, you just need to build a small pen, etc.. have you considered where you will dispose

your waste? If other people buy the land around and start to complain of smell, what do you do? Cost of constructing a pen isnt cheap

so i will rather advice you get a decent size of land, so that you have room for future expansion;

it is difficult having two diff farms, its always better if all its at a particular location, it will be easier to share

resources, for you to make it in piggery, you will also require to build a farm house, borehole; etc..

Piggery is long term and not for small players

For those who want to start small, i will recommend, you rent a Pen instead.

*** Water:

I can write 50 pages on my water experience in ilorin; well i know alot of people down south might not experience this

but before you purchase that land for a piggery, get a Geologist to come and do a survey , to ensure there is " industrial/Commercial"

volume of water ( Not domestic). this will cost you about 15k naira

No water no farming, if you cant get decent volume of water, please dont bother to go into piggery, a breast feeding sow

requires 23liters per day, you require almost the same amount to clean the house, i wont recommend you rely on a river

or a well.
Also, you need drinking nipples/ tips, for the pigs; i have seen alot of water farms , where there water isnt automated

that the pigs drink from the wallowing house, i love to compare pigs with human beings, what you cant drink, dont give your pigs to drink.

Will wait for feedback and questions, those who have e-mailed me in the past without a response, am sorry, pls resend.

I will write later on Management and " Nigerian Factor".

I hope my 2kobo ( 2cent) advice has blessed someone

8 Likes

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Darfemi(m): 5:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
No water no farming, if you cant get decent volume of water, please dont bother to go into piggery, a breast feeding sow

requires 23liters per day, you require almost the same amount to clean the house, i wont recommend you rely on a river

or a well.

Good day Mr Deji, pls I will like to know why it is not advisable to rely on river or well water.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by yomisley: 7:14pm On Oct 22, 2015
is it well label or with pictures to explain more as i am willing to buy thanks.
dejia:
Hi Fellow Farmers,

From my researched, i noticed lots of pig farmers, dont use nipples, alot of them still pour water on the floor for pigs to drink,

We all know how important water is. It is the most essential nutrient to any living being. Without water we would not be able to grow, develop and survive. Water plays an important role for your pig. It helps with the digestion and movement of nutrients through the body as well as acts as an agent to help maintain body temperature.
Over 50% of your pig’s weight is water as well.

alot of this water carries, bacteria and are very dirty, from my research.. this harbor grow and create worms.. which slows the grow of pigs.

In conclusion, your pigs need fresh, cool water. If you wouldn’t drink the water, don’t expect your pigs to!

Pigs is one of the closest animals to human, give them clear water , always using a nipple

For those interested in getting nipples email me ( deji@fulfillsa.co.za) , i have 60 in stock to sell at N1,500 each

Click on the following on water requirements for pigs http://www.ncsu.edu/project/swine_extension/healthyhogs/book1995/almond.htm

Value of water : http://nationalhogfarmer.com/nutrition/don-t-forget-water-s-value-pig-performance

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Eefosa1: 10:02pm On Oct 22, 2015
deji at a time you offer the same tip for a thousand while the increase now,at the main time am not using tips cos of temporarily site getting hecter no be small money
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by SinaAkinsanya: 11:00pm On Oct 22, 2015
Hello fellow pig farmers,

Anyone with experience about importation of pig equipments from China? I am looking at placing some order for Tips and want to know if anyone has done such a thing before or any other item. What are the potential issues etc
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dejia(m): 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
Darfemi:
or a well.
Good day Mr Deji, pls I will like to know why it is not advisable to rely on river or well water.

Darfemi, Thanks for the feedback: If you read my write up carefully, it is for people looking at 50 sow production line. with a 50 sow production line, you will wean about 1,000 piglets per year, averagely you will have about 200-300pigs per time; you will require about 10,000 liters per day, i dont think there is any well that can give you that amount of water daily. River ..uhmm, am not too sure u can get clean water from the river. Pigs need clean water. i dont think u can get clean water all year round from any river.

Eefosa
Eefosa1:
deji at a time you offer the same tip for a thousand while the increase now,at the main time am not using tips cos of temporarily site getting hecter no be small money

i have dropped the price from N1,500 to N1,000 ; the post was an old post. I will recommend u consider the tips/nipples, try install 2-3 nipples in one of the rooms, and see the difference between the pigs who have access to water 24-7 , compare to those who dont. try it for a month and compare.

An hectare isnt cheap, building a pen isnt cheap either.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Eefosa1: 8:03am On Oct 25, 2015
how do i get 7 pieces send to lagos
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Paulpaulpaul(m): 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
excelsiorfarm:
i know of inbreeding, if they are quality stock? other farms will come to u to service their females(u get paid for such services).

What if their sows have infections?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by akhis: 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
Thanks so much for the write up. But let me ask. When u say a decent income from sales of about 1000 a year, whats range of income do you mean by decent income from sales of 1000 taking out all associated costs.

dejia:
Hello Farmers,

Not to bore those who dont like to read long stories, i have summarised my experience,

i hope this will be valuable for some farmers, or those who intend to go into farming.

This is strictly from my personal experience and not a standard.

I have received e-mails from several people who intend to go into farming, planning to quit their jobs and go into it full time at

a later stage, from my experience, you will require a 50 sow production line ( meaning 50 Sow (females) ) weaning about 1,000

piglets yearly.i think with a production of this nature, you can make a decent income , better than most paid jobs. But Please start small and

grow your herd.

My write up is for people looking in that direction

** Land Size:

Alot of young people are going into farming, acquiring land, and trying to start small, from my experience, i will

advice you try and much has possible to acquire a decent size, 2-4plots isnt enough for piggery, except you have plans

to move after 1 or 2years, which isnt easy. i recommend a minimum of 1 hectares ( 20 plots) if you really want to go big ( have about 50

sow production line). I know it might cost alot of money, but its very important.

You might argue and say that size is too big, you just need to build a small pen, etc.. have you considered where you will dispose

your waste? If other people buy the land around and start to complain of smell, what do you do? Cost of constructing a pen isnt cheap

so i will rather advice you get a decent size of land, so that you have room for future expansion;

it is difficult having two diff farms, its always better if all its at a particular location, it will be easier to share

resources, for you to make it in piggery, you will also require to build a farm house, borehole; etc..

Piggery is long term and not for small players

For those who want to start small, i will recommend, you rent a Pen instead.

*** Water:

I can write 50 pages on my water experience in ilorin; well i know alot of people down south might not experience this

but before you purchase that land for a piggery, get a Geologist to come and do a survey , to ensure there is " industrial/Commercial"

volume of water ( Not domestic). this will cost you about 15k naira

or a well.
Also, you need drinking nipples/ tips, for the pigs; i have seen alot of water farms , where there water isnt automated

that the pigs drink from the wallowing house, i love to compare pigs with human beings, what you cant drink, dont give your pigs to drink.

Will wait for feedback and questions, those who have e-mailed me in the past without a response, am sorry, pls resend.

I will write later on Management and " Nigerian Factor".

I hope my 2kobo ( 2cent) advice has blessed someone
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dejia(m): 5:32am On Nov 01, 2015
Hello Fellow Farmers/ Potential Farmers,

This month ( October) was so fast! i will try and write a few advice for those looking into " our industry".

I promised to write about Management and the Nigerian factor

** Management: uhmm.. like i have written in some of my previous posts, We have 3 major factors to succeed in Piggery, they are

1) The Breed ( Genetics)

2) Feed

3) Management

Management for me is the biggest among the 3 factors, alot of us think Labour is cheap, "why do i have to automate,

Nigeria is a country, where the minimum wage is N18,000; so why do i have to spend so much money on automation? I will

rather employ someone to do the job than spend alot of money ( drinking nipples, slated floors,farrowing crates)"..

Labour in Nigeria is inefficient, unreliable, scarce and one of the biggest challenges most farmers in Africa .

In Nigeria its worse, in my 3years as a pig farmer, i have lost count of how many farm workers i have employed, i have tried, Togolese, Benue, Igbo, Yoruba

Tiv, Nassawa boys etc... Most of them work when you are there, they work when they want to and dont follow instructions.

They also dont come cheap.this is a major factor constraint in our industry. Pigs have specific time they need to be fed, to convert it ultimately

; i love to compare pigs with human beings, what is the point, when instead of you giving a child food 3 times a day,

you put his breakfast and lunch in the microwave and at night, you give him the 3 meals.. will that child be as healthy as

a child given his 3 meals has at when due?

** Skilled Labour: Well, am sorry to say,.. the graduates coming out of Nigerian Universities these days are something else..

I have employed Master degree holders, who will cross their legs and do nothing and cant even keep farm records. some cant use Ms.excel

I have employed a Vet Doctor, who couldnt diffreniate between a castrate Male pig from an uncastrate pig.

You have so many people claiming to be vet doctors who cant inject correctly, who cant read pig behaviours;

There are quacks who claim to be vet doctors. all these are big issues that have to be considered before setting up a piggery..

For alot of farmers or people looking at farming " inabsential " ( you are abroad, and you are looking into having a farm

in nigeria or you are working and want to have it as a side business). This is a big factor that i will recommend

you take time to look carefully.

The Nigerian Factor:

There are stories of farm manager making substandard feed, we have cases of feedmillers cheating the farmer etc.selling unpalatable feed

Most successful farms in Nigeria, now hire expartriates from China, India and SA, not because they know the job better

maybe because they dont understand what is called " Nigerian factor"

I can write a book on Management issues especially on Nigerian factor, i will advice that people going into piggery should

look into ways to reduce it; it is believed you cant eradicate it completely, you can only reduce it.

Also I will advice people looking into piggery to try and automate as many things as they can. Network with

people who have experience, get consultants who have experience to consult for you. You also need to do alot of Research, read books,

there are thousands of materials all over the internet on piggery, some are not applicable in Nigeria, some are relevant while others are not.

*** Farm Record:

Alot of young people ( including myself) are into farming, but most of us are still doing it the old way, the way the

illerates do it, i have visited alot of farms in Nigeria, and they cant tell me, how much feed their pigs eat per day or

how much it cost? Farming is all about " Input and Output" it is pure Mathematics, in Piggery, all we are doing is converting

feed to meat ( for those fattening). You have to know your cost per day, per animal .

farm record keeping is has important has the farm itself

you need to know when your pigs were born, when they are supposed to be weaned, when they attain first heat, etc.

in some countries, they monitor the cycles of their sows to know when they will be on heat.( Secret for having large

number of piglets). You need to either tag each pig or tatoo them, or have a way of identify each of your breeders stock to keep

proper record.

** Digital Scale:

You also need to have a digital scale to weigh you pigs on a regular basis to know if you are making profit or not.

Alot of farmers dont have scales, some have " hanging scales" which i think is " Barbaric " to hang a pig upside down

just to check its weight. Some sell pigs just by the way it looks (lol), this is 2015.. we need to measure correctly.

I will recommend that anyone going into piggery, should ensure that they have a digital scale to weigh their pigs regularly, to know

how to calculate its FCR ( Feed Conversion Ratio) and know if the farm was making money or running at a loss.

I hope i have been able to add another 2kobo to my previous post.

8 Likes

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dejia(m): 8:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
akhis:
Thanks so much for the write up. But let me ask. When u say a decent income from sales of about 1000 a year, whats range of income do you mean by decent income from sales of 1000 taking out all associated costs.

Akhis,

uhmmm.. its depends on several factors,( feed, breed, management, location) i will say, a profitable piggery should make about N7,000 from every pig . if you process it to pork, you should be able to double that.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Don4eva(m): 8:13am On Nov 02, 2015
dejia:

Akhis,

uhmmm.. its depends on several factors,( feed, breed, management, location) i will say, a profitable piggery should make about N7,000 from every pig . if you process it to pork, you should be able to double that.
Please dejia, can you give me a good feed formular for newly weaned pigs. Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by wakabout(m): 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2015
I have always asked how one can get a digital scale for pig weighing. The practice of tying & hanging pigs for weight measurement is so cumbersome and dangerous to the pigs. Please where and how can one get this digital scale. It will help a pig farmer to regularly weigh his pigs without stress both to the farmer and to the pigs.

Also, pls kindly respond to the question on the best feed formula for weaned piglets
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by omode2(m): 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2015
I was at The popular Oke Aro Pig Farm touted to be the biggest pig farm in west Africa. But it was a mix bag, the positive is that I saw more of women in piggery, with many attendants were female. also there is some level of Organization in terms of ready supply of feed ingredients and market for sale of live pigs and pens for rent. but the draw back is in low level of hygiene for such a place claimed to be the biggest in west Africa. In saner climate, such a place can never be certified or such animals fit for human consumption. The breeds are of low quality, the bulk of feed are brewery or industrial waste which can't meet the nutritional needs of pigs. lastly the roads that leads to the place is in bad condition which will invariably add to the cost of doing business.

2 Likes

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dejia(m): 12:03am On Nov 04, 2015
Don4eva:
Please dejia, can you give me a good feed formular for newly weaned pigs. Thanks

Don4eva,

Feed formular is tricky, it depends on your location and ingredient around you if your pigs aint foreign. or " unknown" I love to compare pigs with chicken

your question is: if i rephrase it ; " give me feed formular for my new chicken" my question will be, what kind of chicken do you have? Broilers, cockrel or local chicken?

If i recommend layer starter for you, when your chicken are local, it wont make sense, they wont convert it well.

what is the source of the pigs? what does the sow / mother feed on? what feed ingredient is cheap in your area? Am in ilorin, i get Maize for as low as N35 per kg, so my feed will be diffrent from someone in Lagos, who gets maize for N60 per kg; but gets gala waste for N20 per kg.

so your question isnt that straight forward.

I know alot of farmers use broilers starter has creeping feed, you can try that, if they FCR is good, you can stick with that, else send me details of feed ingredient in your area and i can advice further.

wakabout:
I have always asked how one can get a digital scale for pig weighing. The practice of tying & hanging pigs for weight measurement is so cumbersome and dangerous to the pigs. Please where and how can one get this digital scale. It will help a pig farmer to regularly weigh his pigs without stress both to the farmer and to the pigs.
Also, pls kindly respond to the question on the best feed formula for weaned piglets

Wakabout,

I know.. i can tell you that 99% pig farmers use hanging scale,it is unfair.

Digital scales aint cheap, they are expensive but worth it. Contact Femu ; he has advertised it previously on this platform.

weighing pigs is has important has farming pigs, i have seen alot of farmers pour water into leaking basket, but aint aware its leaking, because they cant measure the weight on a regular basis.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dejia(m): 12:07am On Nov 04, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Finally the long awaited association is finally here.

We have registered Pork Producers Association of Nigeria (PPANIG); with CAC and has a website.

Pls go thru the website: www.ppanig.com

For those who are interested in joining, please go on the page and check the requirements and drop us an e-mail: info@ppanig.com

For all, Please go to oour facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/Pork-Producers-Association-of-Nigeria-1626885620896918

like us there, invite your friends to do so as well.

PPAN!!!!>... Together We can!.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by lolarde(f): 6:28am On Nov 04, 2015
Hi Dejia,
I have followed this thread keenly for a while.
I work in the financial sector and I want to exit and go into full time farming. I intend starting with pig farming in January 2016, my plan is to exit my job by Dec 2016, as soon as my pigs start increasing.I have been doing a lot of research and learning more daily. My passion is so strong. I humbly ask that you guide/mentor me. I want to get it right from the start. I can contact you if you consent. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Baeyel: 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
plz hw viable is it to feed ur pigs with mainly green natter such as pumpkin?. I live at a place where these are readily available.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Juliana7: 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
@dejia, can u pls lead us into d world of which is "cockerel"(dat as slow growth) and "broiler"(dat as fast growth) pls sir we would like to know dis "strains" dat convert feed to meat with less or high KG of feed. Is it d PIC, large white, landrace, durac or which. Pls sir dis will go a long way in helping farmers with informed decision on which part to take. Whether take d part of "cockerel, broiler or layer" in there respective piggery biz. Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
Baeyel:
plz hw viable is it to feed ur pigs with mainly green natter such as pumpkin?. I live at a place where these are readily available.

Its good as a vitamin/mineral/fibre supplement.

You still have to provide them with energy and protein sources

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Oniemo: 11:17am On Nov 05, 2015
Good day. I'm a housewife but will like to go into pig farming because of the not so much supervision it requires. I've a family member who has been in the biz for yrs in oke aro & I've discussed about starting there by renting a pen & paying for the mgt while I come like 3times a week. I'm yet to visit the place but I hope to start in jan next year. But ur assessment of d place has put a dampener on it. In your opinion, what can I do differently to be successful in the biz? Input from others will be welcome as well who are familiar with the place.
omode2:
I was at The popular Oke Aro Pig Farm touted to be the biggest pig farm in west Africa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.