Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,685 members, 7,972,547 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 12:42 PM

Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus (34473 Views)

Greece’s Surprising Request After Turning Down World Cup Bonus / Costa Rica Vs Greece World Cup (5 -3) On Penalties On 29th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
Patriotism personified

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by bemagnify: 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
Even if al nigerian playes refus dia bonus.. Milkel go collect hm own..lolz

2 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by greall1: 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
self-centered
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Highvotage: 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
Majoritt of us posting on this comment are not sincere to ourself and reality on ground.Why?
1. We all fail to ask ourself a simple question of who will manage this money if rejected after approval?
2. The so call leaders we are having back home, how are they managing the one in their custody?
3. If any of these boys had injury (minor or major) did u think any government in Nigeria know them?
With ds and many more, see i willl not blame them because our system too is very corropt.
thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by blaise26abj(m): 7:18pm On Jun 29, 2014
Laudable proposition from the greeks.

But Abeg, when you have assholes @ the helms of affairs of sports in Africa, everyone is after their pockets. How many of our past heroes benefitted anything from the ministry after they retired? Yekini died miserably. I support SE ojare.

All of you condemning SE, if you are truly patriotic, why not go to Sambisa forest and fight for your country. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by evesdon4u: 7:26pm On Jun 29, 2014
Very patriotic of them I'd say...
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 29, 2014
After the world cup, the sport press would focus on the shame brought upon Africa by the various teams that represented the continent. They were all in the competition for the money and not national pride or sportsmanship.

2 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by zeezus(m): 7:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
saxywale: After the world cup, the sport press would focus on the shame brought upon Africa by the various teams that represented the continent. They were all in the competition for the money and not national pride or sportsmanship.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Kirinwa: 7:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
Everybody is opening mouth now.If they give you $10,000 you will reject it abi??
Let me hear word jor.

They offered them,they chose what they wanted to do with it and are very sure it would be done.If SE should emulate them and tell sports minister to use it to build training centre be rest assured that e done be.That money will just grow legs and wings iimmediately.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by zeezus(m): 7:33pm On Jun 29, 2014
Naija 4 life, always abt d moni. Why won't dis pple change for once?
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by franksunny(m): 7:34pm On Jun 29, 2014
aManFromMars: They can afford to do that over there. They reward patriotism.

Back in Nigeria, to be a patriot is to yearn for poverty. Mediocrity is rewarded and honoured. Be a militant and earn salary from the government. Dine with them at Aso Rock.

Crooks get pardons. Our soldiers are slaughtered daily by Boko haram..

You are talking, don't mind the two faced Nigerians; i call them any where belle face. Those talking of patrotism should confirm how patrotic NFF is and JONA himself.
*goes back to spaceship, will be back to continue my rant*
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by henryobinna(m): 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2014
abrahym: Black man with greed
you people should not attack our brothers like that,
do you know how much europeans are paid?(excluding bonus) do you know teams they play for n how much they earn?
you can't compare some one who rolls in thousands of pounds every month or week with our guys who are just managing life.
now if our players miss this money that comes to them, they don't know when next it'll come.

so brothers, judge as if you're in their shoes, besides its their right, they deserve it, its not a priviledge but a RIGHT,they should demand for it. greek guys refused it cos they have enough.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 29, 2014
jakiedudu: Very admirable. I think the Greece National team gave a good account of themselves thus far in the world cup. Sadly African players are more concern concerned about money than playing for the glory for their countries.
You forgot African leadership is the problem. Leave your money with them for something else and you won't see anything done with it.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by cheguevera: 7:46pm On Jun 29, 2014
HOW MANY OF YOU HYPOCRITES CAN DIE FOR NIGERIA ...... EMPTY BARRELS

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by obeski13(m): 7:47pm On Jun 29, 2014
abatically: Nice gesture from the Greek team. Not only Greece, most European countries don't pay much, it is the pride for players to play for their countries. You know why? Because their countries got their back and their government provide everything they need for them.

In Africa the case is different. Most African leaders are corrupt, they fill their pockets at the expense of citizens. So u can't really blame football players who demand for bonus before playing. They are doing their job and should be paid accordingly, or is it better the government put the money in their own pocket? Africa is like a jungle, survival of the fittest. Take naija for example, if after 2 years a player in the Super Eagles get injured and ruins his career while playing for the country, and he goes bankrupt. We all will be asking what he did with all the money he made. The government will wash their hands off such player. We have seen cases of past heroes now living in penury and the country can't do anything to help them.

In this country, u need to grab what u can grab while u have the opportunity. Same thing our politicians are doing, so u can't really blame the players. The government is not doing anything for them, the least they can do is get paid for their work.
.dis is not abt govt,it is abt mentality of a typical person.even in america,it is d same very greedy attitude they exhibit
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Kirinwa: 7:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
If $20 billion, Abacha's loot, money set aside for power, money generated from fuel subsidy removal are not accounted for.Is it SE bonus that they will account for.I can count number of times I had light this year despite beng charged monthly bill of 9,000 naira monthly on electricity.

As am typing this God punish me if I lie my battery is empty plugged to power bank.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 29, 2014
in my next world, i would be a greek footballer....

This is what we call patriotism... Chai!

Difference is clear... Shame to the super eagles.... Fvck'em all

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by obeski13(m): 7:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
spikes C: if they play and don't get paid, ya'll bite the government.
if they ask for payment before they play, ya'll bite the players.

Children of Africa, where do you stand.
Corruption is not our problem, it is how we respond to situations at any time.
u are spot on.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by wonda26(m): 7:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
All you guys shouting naija this, Africa that should jusst chill. Yeah, what Greece did is highly commendable but u can't completely blame our African dudes.

First, why must our players be owed what has already been agreed in the first place? You know, from owing, na so the money go take miss.

Secondly, we all know our country, the money is available so why hoard it first? These guys don't want to be duped. After world cup, everybody go answer him papa name.

Thirdly, you cant vouch that such money if forfeited by our players would be used for whatever purpose they demand. Our corrupt officials go still share and divide the money. So why dash another man your sweat? This Europeans have a more organised system where things work so they are confident in the government. Brother, naija matter tire person abeg!

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
For all I care those appeal by the greek players for the provision of a sports centre was done because they trust their leaders

3 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Forwetinnah: 7:56pm On Jun 29, 2014
Examplary and patriotic national team..besides times are hard in Greece as at now

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by IYANGBALI: 7:57pm On Jun 29, 2014
Greece players live in a country,our players live in a jungle

2 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by IYANGBALI: 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
cheguevera: HOW MANY OF YOU HYPOCRITES CAN DIE FOR NIGERIA ...... EMPTY BARRELS
die for Nigeria?I dey craze?I would rather kill myself than die for Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Kirinwa: 8:01pm On Jun 29, 2014
wonda26: All you guys shouting naija this, Africa that should jusst chill. Yeah, what Greece did is highly commendable but u can't completely blame our African dudes.

First, why must our players be owed what has already been agreed in the first place? You know, from owing, na so the money go take miss.

Secondly, we all know our country, the money is available so why hoard it first? These guys don't want to be duped. After world cup, everybody go answer him papa name.

Thirdly, you cant vouch that such money if forfeited by our players would be used for whatever purpose they demand. Our corrupt officials go still share and divide the money. So why dash another man your sweat? This Europeans have a more organised system where things work so they are confident in the government. Brother, naija matter tire person abeg!

God bless you for speaking the truth despite its bitter.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by adekayo1234(m): 8:02pm On Jun 29, 2014
nice one. Though Costa Rica will still carry the day
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Kirinwa: 8:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
As am typing this am praying silently my red empty battery doesn't switch off.

I have never watched any match complete with PHCN light.All naija match is fuel.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Kirinwa: 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2014
Kirinwa: Everybody is opening mouth now.If they give you $10,000 you will reject it abi??
Let me hear word jor.

They offered them,they chose what they wanted to do with it and are very sure it would be done.If SE should emulate them and tell sports minister to use it to build training centre be rest assured that e done be.That money will just grow legs and wings iimmediately.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by BabaEto1: 8:08pm On Jun 29, 2014
ote author=ge best]I TELL U GREECE U ARE WINNING D CUP.[/quote]

E be like say u be comedian
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by akigbemaru: 8:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
Greece players are great!
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by myspnigeria: 8:13pm On Jun 29, 2014
patriotism at it's peak!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FIFA Bans MKO Abiola Stadium, Abuja From Hosting Int’l Matches / Childhood Pictures Of Iwobi And Akpom At Arsenal In 2003. / Paul Pogba Blames Messi & Ronaldo For The Critics He Faces In Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.