Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,587 members, 7,881,993 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:18 PM

Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 (26376 Views)

Davido Wins Bet After Mayweather's Victory / CONGRATULATIONS! Davido Wins Bet's Best African Act Award, Poses With Pharrell / Davido Beats Tiwa Savage And Others To Win Bet's Best African Act Award (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by japhmanuel: 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2014
Sure boy
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by Karleb(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2014
henryobinna: hahahaha....
I don't know wether to say yes or no to you.
but you might be surprised that you'll hardly see a naija song on my phone, I hear them on radio.
Stop claiming Americana and simply admit the fact that you wish wizkid was the winner of the award!.
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by stainzzz: 4:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
Congratz!!!
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by poiZon: 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
charlesopp: undecided

I think say na only me notice o, cos I still see d date gidigba for TV dis a.m as july 1st, onli for me open NL and see winners here and there..??

all i can say is diaRIS God oooo
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by kokoye(m): 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
cheguevera: This Africans won't learn ,imagine receiving a backstage award for the umpteenth time running. African Americans are ashamed of africans . I don't understand ?

This has nothing to do with race. This is purely a business move. There are several other awards given to americans that are not televised..mostly technical. They do it at the Oscars and Grammys too.

The media will show what people in america want to see because that's who the advertizers/commercials target. So it is all about money.

This in no way diminishes the value of the award. At least theyre recognizing Africans..they really dont have to...?

If you like, when you do your next award show in Nigeria, give out best american singer awards and do it backstage.

Hope you understand now.
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by Bimpss(f): 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
Wait... People still watch the B.E.T Awards??!!?! In 2014?
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by Missmossy(f): 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2014
Thats good,congrats to him.

1 Like

Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by jamih: 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2014
Woa ...!
.....dats ma guy...keep it up Davido.
God bless ya!

#jamo say so!
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by henryobinna(m): 6:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
Karleb:
Stop claiming Americana and simply admit the fact that you wish wizkid was the winner of the award!.
how an I claiming americana, I said I don't have naija music on my phone, how does that mean am claiming something else.
be matured.
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by mezebel(f): 6:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
Davido no want Ferrari,na bet award en want,,,thumbs up
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
Will it stop France from giving us ten goals grin
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by kbabajide(m): 7:17pm On Jun 30, 2014
[quote author=ayoJ-21]

ar d 2 of them brothers? So wonder y u have to compare them in evrrythin..
U and those wu liked ur post are mumu.[/quote i guess u r d mumu here cos i wasnt taking to u
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by MabraO: 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
abohrandy:

angry angry angry

We're u saying something?
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by DeevaB: 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
Congrats!!!! ....Happy for him

Buh Why did he pierce his nose nahh??
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by Funkybabee(f): 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
mastermynd: sorry o...
What is dafido?..?

davido ~david and
'do' mean money
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by cooljude(m): 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
To hell with BET award. How would they continously insult African musicians. So they are not good enough for the main stage. Davido you are really the best this year with or without BET. I would love to see an African artist turn down all this foreign awards because they give them this award as if they are ashame of them or they don't deserve.:@
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2014
cheguevera: This Africans won't learn ,imagine receiving a backstage award for the umpteenth time running. African Americans are ashamed of africans . I don't understand ?

Food for thought.

By the way, is he really the best act in Africa? More like one of the worst.

The award should be named most popular act in Africa. That's more like it.
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by Mysticalz(f): 8:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
He has been on top form i must say, he deserved it.

I really enjoyed the show, i did.
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by chimajii: 8:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
victorlexa: he might have been rumoured that he buys his hits,that nothwithstanding,his classic voice gives impeccable touch to d hits making it xtra appealing.nd by d way many top musicians buys songs wch is no big deal.davido deserves all d awards he's getting!

No offence, when u were typing that, did it make sense to u? Smh for u Nairaland Users, most of y'all are jst plain Kids behind phones typing all sorts of craps n d name of posting comment. It wont take u anything to stay informed so dat when u speak u wudnt have urself looking awful. not trying to insult you, DO U KNW HOW SONGS WORK? Huh?..nnn...technically majority of these 'singers' buy dia tracks. B4 u ask buy how? A.k.a demo..sum of dem dont even do anything, they jst record it d way the demo is/was. even singers who write their own shii, not all,if a writer sends u a demo from him and u like it, u and ur label literally go into talks on how 2 acquire that song. If u're not quick enuf 2 pay whatever it is. The song gets snatched /bought bt anoda singer. That's why u hear things like 'actually this song was written with Nas in mind' e.t.c...prolly nas cudntcough up d sum. Anoda person took it.. So u may want to chill. If also u were trying to shade him in a way by indirectly saying he doesnt write his songs & wizkid does write his own. Big lie! Majority of 'em dont write shii..lemme save u all d oda shii involved

1 Like

Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by chimajii: 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
and for those of u who already started the theory of 'oh, it's a backstage award, oh when will africans learn'...I really feel for u ppu. U better go and get informed as to why that is so!! Bfore U start spreading shii, this is exactly how wrong news/opinion spreads. In 5, 4..3..2..1...it will grow legs and it's out on ppus lips. Get informed!!! Or u cud do well to remain mute on a subject u knw nothing about. #haveFun y'all
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by revelationuche: 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2014
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by Ayorh4you(m): 10:16pm On Jun 30, 2014
hensben: yes!

When? shocked Oniro ole
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by simdam500(m): 10:16pm On Jun 30, 2014
rallymento: Illuminati people!

Here we have the hypocrite
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by simdam500(m): 10:18pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mysticalz: He has been on top form i must say, he deserved it.

I really enjoyed the show, i did.

Oh u watched it

How's it? wink
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by Ayorh4you(m): 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
Elantracey: Good for him

#ENEMY!!!!! #Badbelle!!!! i sight u hun grin cheesy
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by Ayorh4you(m): 10:23pm On Jun 30, 2014
simplemach: We don hear

una no get river for your village? go jump inside and 'die away' undecided undecided undecided
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by Ayorh4you(m): 10:26pm On Jun 30, 2014
kennygee: Congrats to him, but this means his bragging will sky rocket.

Davido is not the type that brags. he was just being childish in d past. Now he's grown so fast and letting his talent do the talk #teamobo
good to see u survive the 'hurricane nairaland' #lol
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by Ayorh4you(m): 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2014
rallymento: Illuminati people!

weyrey
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ayorh4you:

#ENEMY!!!!! #Badbelle!!!! i sight u hun grin cheesy

Badbelle in what way?
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ayorh4you:

Davido is not the type that brags. he was just being childish in d past. Now he's grown so fast and letting his talent do the talk #teamobo
good to see u survive the 'hurricane nairaland' #lol

No be small Hurricane o.
Re: Davido Wins Best African Act BET Awards 2014 by hensben(m): 10:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ayorh4you:

When? shocked Oniro ole
check here::https://www.google.com.cy/?gws_rd=cr&ei=EWuxU-yfB_LT4QTko4DYCA#q=wizkid, its like you guys live in cave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omoni Oboli: Is It Too Late To Be A Model At 40? / Lola OJ: Obafemi Martins Not My Child's Father / Mercy Eke Vs A Fraudster Asking For Her Bank Details (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.