Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,147 members, 7,939,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 09:10 AM

Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria (1246 Views)

Atiku's Ex-Classmate Now Works In His Factory (photo) / 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare / Julius Berger Begins Road Construction Works In Rivers After 8yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by skyone(m): 3:53am On Oct 05, 2008
Truly and speaking can someone tell me which welfare service still works in Nigeria; the state and province please!

Electricity
Water
Health
Transportation i.e railway,flights, gov. transport
Education
Security i.e police
Housing i.e council houses

I'm feeling disgusted, i have this Ghanian friend bragging to me that he can be proud of at least 2 among listed above but in Nigeria nothing works.
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 3:31pm On Oct 05, 2008
skyone:

Truly and speaking can someone tell me which welfare service still works in Nigeria; the state and province please!

Electricity
Water
Health
Education
Security i.e police

I'm feeling disgusted, there's this Ghanian friend bragging to me that he can be proud of at least 2 among listed above but in Nigeria nothing works.

i wish i know where i can boldly point out and say "Yeah,it works here !" embarassed
Not that we dont have these facilities,we sure do have but its meant for the rich and not for the common man.
Ghana is nothing,check out Ivory Coast :
Electricity :Light is constant ! They never ever take light and If they ever do,then the masses wud be forewarned.Every single apartment(even rooms in face-me-i-face-you set ups) have its own private meter.You have no biz whatsoever with the electricity company.The electric company comes around once every month to read your meter and the bills are paid every THREE months.No story whatsoever,you dont pay,your meter wud be taking from you and your electric cut off.Nothing concerns the landlord/house owner with electricity,each man on his own and you pay for what you use.
Water:same as electric.each man with his meter but unlike the light bills,water bills are paid every 2 months.
Transportation:The rails works very well.all heavy duties and even fuels and diesels are transported via trains.Inter and intra state shuttles too.Seaways are a major means of transportation.Govt provided speed boats that ferry ppl from the villages to the main city(abidjan) and it works daily.Students and workers alike come to the city daily from their villages at such a very low cost.The taxis are of two types,the ones that use "counters" and the normal taxis.The counters are for the rich,you pay for whatever amount it reads while the normal taxi ie "woro-woro" are the ones you can mount and bargain prices with the driver.There are also the GOVT buses called "sotra",very affordable too.
Health:Excellent.Free health care for children and the aged.No "CHEMISTS" anywhere.Registered pharmacies Only !
Education:They have a rigid law.There is free education(primary and secondary) But Once you fail a class twice,your free education stops !You have to prove to the govt that you are not misusing the opportunity by passing your exams else. . . .you/your parents wud have to pay.The govt have no time for dullards.
Security: oooh My,this is prolly the best feature !so so tight ! armed robbery does not work here.No breaking of banks,no house to house robbery.Each policeman with his rifle.You dare not joke with an Ivorien police !security is so tight here.
Housing:Govt provides accommodation for all its workers.In higher institutions,hostels are built and the Govt decides the number of students in each room,you dare not exceed that.Aside that,landlords don't build houses and ask for 2 to 3 yrs advance rent,its 6 months maximum.With just your 3 months rent in pocket,you can easily get a house.
Looking back,i cant help but wonder,what do they have that we dont have Is it the govt or the masses fault? sad sad sad
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by skyone(m): 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2008
what's happening to LUTH, WATER CORP, EVERYTHING cry
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 9:54pm On Oct 05, 2008
Maybe they still function in Abuja undecided
Its been long i heard of water Corporation in my area,"Bore-hole" is the word now. sad
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by skyone(m): 10:06pm On Oct 05, 2008
Honestly i cant even be proud of Abuja, a city with no railway station, no tube station, no gas pipelines, nothing and we call it a modern city.

And the fact is every year the govt keep realising money for this city but the result is worsening, highly pathetic where on earth is money going to. I wonder when we can be proud of a stable electricity.
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2008
. . . .and we all call it "Abuja model city" sad
Our major problem is the leaders,we have all the potentials of being a great nation but sadly an army of lion led by a sheep would always be lipsrsealed
Stable electricity u asked of? shocked shocked shocked heard Obj said we should leave that for God. grin
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by skyone(m): 10:32pm On Oct 05, 2008
I suspect OBJ as one of the main criminals behind the $16billion energy scam, imagine the man saying he's not interested in the inquiry. angry

He will soon turn he's farm to a republic
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2008
Electricity : This has never worked since i was born, so everyone has had to invest into generators and diesel, and life has been taken by this over the years, infact, i am sure if they put the data together, there cld have been over 100 pple per year that dies cos of lack of electricity if not more

Water: we have water at the streams and oceans, and that is why people drink same water that some shower inside of it, God bless Nija with rain and that is what people had to depend on, but as for Nigeria water Corporation, that are sad new, all they have are tanks with no water, pumps that pumps water into their own homes and yet no power to genrate the water, pple dies daily of disease carried by water.

Health: Even Yar'Adua going to Saudi for treatments tell you all

Transportation i.e railway,flights, gov. transport: Shangashi crashes and make a noise cos another crashes as well, railway that runs thru the pepper in oshodi and yet road are bad for big trucks to haul what we dont even produce, shame.

Education: hahahaha how many can afford it, and those that can will have to endure strike every 2 months.

Security i.e police: Police, what are they policing, their 20 Naira bribe from being stolen?

Housing i.e council houses: this is getting better, cos the banks are making wicked money in it.

All in all grade to Nigeria facilities will the F - (Minus F)
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2008
@Fhemmy,it surely must be working in some places maybe not all but some atleast.say Abuja or some parts of lagos state undecided sad
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2008
ifyalways:

@Fhemmy,it surely must be working in some places maybe not all but some atleast.say Abuja or some parts of lagos state undecided sad

Working in some places isnt good enuf, cos everyone are citizen, and the question was about the infrastructures in Nigeria and not some part of Nigeria.
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 6:08pm On Oct 06, 2008
there are plans to build a rail station in abuja.
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by skyone(m): 12:54pm On Oct 10, 2008
bawomolo:

plans! which plan, a railway or another footpath.
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2008
bawomolo:

Be4 i was born, they have been planning to make Nigreia a better place for pple to call home, so we always have plans.
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Oct 10, 2008
Are you refering in anyway to the Railway Contract of $8 billion signed with the Chinese back in October 2006??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6101736.stm
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by QBSauceKid: 8:11pm On Oct 10, 2008
Fhemmmy:

Be4 i was born, they have been planning to make Nigreia a better place for people to call home, so we always have plans.
lmao!
as in. . .on point.
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 10:47am On Oct 11, 2008
@poster
this is old news,we know these things dont work in nigeria what are you doing to contribute to the development back home should be the question not rehashing issues over n over again
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Oct 11, 2008
Fhemmmy:

Be4 i was born, they have been planning to make Nigreia a better place for people to call home, so we always have plans.

ROFLMAO!!!!
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by davidif: 1:02am On Oct 13, 2008

Electricity
Water
Health
Education
Security i.e police

NONE
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 3:49am On Oct 13, 2008
Fhemmmy:

hehe don't kill the messenger o  cheesy

http://www.gamesbids.com/eng/index.php?news=1190909519
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by skyone(m): 2:01pm On Oct 14, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Are you refering in anyway to the Railway Contract of $8 billion signed with the Chinese back in October 2006??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6101736.stm

Chineke me e $8billion our rulers have destroyed Nigeria
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by grafikdon: 2:20pm On Oct 14, 2008
Fhemmmy:

Electricity : This has never worked since I was born,

All in all grade to Nigeria facilities will the F - (Minus F)

ROTFLOL!!!!!

Classic!
Re: Among Listed Which Welfare Service Works In Nigeria by alafin(m): 11:40am On Dec 14, 2010
Egunje works
21st centruty embezzlement works
and of cross carpeting.

Useless country.

(1) (Reply)

A Missing Plane In California Found After Over A Year: Shame Usa / N25 Million Allegation: Fashanu, Oceanic Bank, Part Ways In Football Challenge / Breaking News: ''war'' In Central Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.