Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,612 members, 7,941,349 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 02:56 AM

Nairahost Again! Why Now - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairahost Again! Why Now (1072 Views)

Web4africa Ltd Acquires 100% Stake In Nairahost / Nairahost Finally Says Bye Bye To Nigeria / Nairahost Finally Says Bye Bye To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairahost Again! Why Now by Tunscom: 5:21am On Oct 05, 2008
It's so sad that NairaHost is making the headlines again for the wrong reasons. I really don't want to do this but i have no choice as this is day light robbery. I actually registered a .com.ng domain and hosting package from nairahost about a month now but nothing to show for it. after paying the full amount required, the domain isn't registered till date and nairahost has refuse to tell me anything dispite the complains i have made to them through their emails and site. My client i registered it for now are complaining thinking i was trying to play a fast run on them without know that it's nairahost fault.

Nairahost should please try to do business in a clean way else close if they ain't able to and stop disappointing people. Aba, since almost a month, nothing, not even they explaining what is actually going on to me. this is so terrible of them. They don't even reply to their said support ticket. i tried calling them by phone but all to no avail.

Nairahost please do something fast before i take it to another step and take legal steps because this is about putting me in trouble with my client whom have waited enough for this drama to last.
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by uspry1(f): 5:35am On Oct 05, 2008
You must be new member! Welcome to NL! Wish you the best luck with Nairahost! Check out existing threads at below:

Nairahost really not a hosting to go with!
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-170734.32.html

Who's On Nairahost? Are You Having The Same Problem?
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-145429.0.html

My ATM Card Was Overcharged When Buying A Domain Name
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-167704.0.html

Help Needed! How Do I Conclude Registration Of My Com.ng Domain ,
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-91424.0.html
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by ccokoji: 4:06pm On Oct 05, 2008
I have heard so much about this nairahost. I wonder why people still go there.

I hosted my sir with www.lagoshost.com and I tell you for about 5year now I never had any reason to call them for anything expect when a got a mail that the site is expiring.

I really recommend www.lagoshost.com.

Chears!
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by yicob(m): 6:12pm On Oct 05, 2008
Why can't you read the TOS on Nairahost before starting a 3rd party discussion. By the way, Nairahost has suspended .ng domain registration because theyve got some issues with NIIRA and they promise to refund. If you use GT Bank, kindly forward your account no to the support dept.
Ps. I don't work for Nairahost, am a client like you. Have 2 accounts with them and i have never had any cause to shake.
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by syskay(m): 6:45pm On Oct 05, 2008
The problem is from NIRA and not Nairahost. They are presently not responding to .ng registration requests.
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by smartsoft(m): 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2008
And they have the guts to collect money from him, can't you hear him for a month now , they should refund the guy's money, just d way they ate my money with no response uptill date,
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by ndividual: 10:10am On Oct 06, 2008
yicob:

Why can't you read the TOS on Nairahost before starting a 3rd party discussion. By the way, Nairahost has suspended .ng domain registration because theyve got some issues with NIIRA and they promise to refund. If you use GT Bank, kindly forward your account no to the support dept.
Ps. I don't work for Nairahost, am a client like you. Have 2 accounts with them and i have never had any cause to shake.

Oh, Terms of Service? Good one - as it always pays to read the terms of service of any site before committing to them. Maybe you'll notice one can't currently find the terms of service on the home page? (Sometimes called the "fine print", it's usually at the bottom of the page). I'm not a customer/hater, just someone who wants to point the fact that it's the little mis-communications or no communication of it at all that bring these problems. A TOS must be available on the homepage so one knows what he's getting himself into.

Image is everything in this business you know. one who wouldn't have the time to read all the links on uspry1's post but the titles speak volumes

Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 06, 2008
yicob:

Why can't you read the TOS on Nairahost before starting a 3rd party discussion.

@yicob
Why can't you look for the TOS on Nairahost before responding to a 3rd party discussion.

If you are a customer of nairahost, you wait till your renewal to expect the same horse whip
when you get it, i am sure you will run to nairaland with your very own thread

fingers crossed
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by hanen(f): 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2008
If you were hosting .ng domains before, and something happened to stop it, you should announce this to your customers. It's only fair. And secondly, even if you don't, you should at least warn your customer before checkout or remove it from being selected.

I also think that as Nairahost is the one at fault, the customer shouldn't have to go to any bank to sort out a refund.

It's because we as nigerians arent pro-active enough, such an act of making people pay for items you cant provide is as good as fraud and deserves a lawsuit, IMO.
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 06, 2008
you might want to go to the legal thread, you stand to get something out of this.
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by abhosts(m): 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2008
Ignorance, like they say is indeed bliss. It appears that some people make posts on nairaland before they even think. Now they are giving a warped legal perspective to what they know nothing about.

To the legal “experts”, my question goes thus:

How can you sue for a service you paid Zero Naira for?

Nairahost and other major hosts in Nigeria do not charge for .ng domains because the Nigeria Internet Body responsible for it has not fixed any fee for registering such. So, the poster must have paid for a hosting package (that will most likely have been activated) which will warrant a helping hand from Nairahost in aiding him to apply for his .ng domain from the registry.

If the Naija Registry shirks in its responsibility, how is that Nairahost’s liability?

Even if you do have a genuine problem with Nairahost, spreading flawed myths will not help your cause.
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 06, 2008
abhosts:

Ignorance, like they say is indeed bliss. It appears that some people make posts on nairaland before they even think. Now they are giving a warped legal perspective to what they know nothing about.

To the legal “experts”, my question goes thus:

you have many victims here my friend, thats enuf to prove that you are not worth being in the market

you still have the .com.ng on ur website despite the fact that you know you can give it.

My question is, why not save some time you have posting this interesting masterpiece to disable the .com.ng on your website

and why not treat ur clients well so they dont have to come to nairaland to show your a55 to the world

for close to a month, you couldn't respond to him. now he created a thread and you are here in a jiffy replying

you honestly need to go bury ur face in the sand
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by abhosts(m): 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2008
@webdezzi,

Where in my post did I say I represent nairahost? Oh, I forgot, you are so smart that you know it all. In fact, Nairahost is actually a competitor, since I offer web hosting services myself. However, I am not like some others who take pleasure in smearing other people's hard earned reputation. I have visited, on several occasions, the personal blog of one of the owners of nairahost and I can tell that they are not even near as bad as some people love to depict them.
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 06, 2008
abhosts:

How are you sure he paid zero naira?

why carrying the cross for them, i also can't remember any part of my post where i said i knew it all

so you are here to defend ur competitor so that you can be seen as ""
Now let me ask you, doesn't it bother you when you go outside Nigeria and you get things done better and here in our country, we have people doing thing like "afterall, we no be computer"

I believe in passion, have a passion for what you do and that should reflect in the way you relate to ur clients

I expect nairahost to show that guy the other options available, get another .com domain name and point it to that hosting account.

it costs $10, I am sure that would solve the problem, imagine 1 month without having ur website running.

Haba and you fit defend them based on a blog
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by yawatide(f): 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2008
and why carrying the cross for them, i also can't remember any part of my post where i said i knew it all
I wonder where I have heard this before. tongue
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 06, 2008
@yawa, i want to believe you are not here for me because o o ni power
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by hanen(f): 11:04am On Oct 07, 2008
@abhost

You appear to be drinking Panadol for another person's headache. And badly. Name-calling is grossly immature. And I don't know that you can call it a hard earned reputation when they don't seem to be able to reply mere mails.

Fraud is the creation of trust and its subsequent betrayal - William Black

Unless you haven't been paying attention, the OP paid for a service on Nairahost's site. They offered him a platform with which to buy his domain. Therefore, it only MAKES SENSE that they take responsibility for anything that happened while he was there. Even if it wasn't their fault he didn't get his domain (and it is, because they failed to communicate its unavailability to him), the owner(s) of Nairahost owe it to their integrity to at least reply their customer when he encounters an issue, which they apparently haven't done. Smells like laziness. If they don't want to go the extra mile to satisfy their customers, they will lose them.

I personally don't have any business with Nairahost, thank god, but from what I'm hearing they should learn that you don't play mind games with people's money, it's a recipe for disaster.
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by smartsoft(m): 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2008
this Abhost guys self which be your own nairahost sells there .com.ng oooo infact,  Nairahost sucks  ! everyone knows they sucks i was trying make some print out from a public cafe, where i met a guy trying to login to Nairahost panel,  i was like,what's happening do u design web too. and he was like yes i do,  but having some little problem with the nairahost of a thing.

I never even talk about nairahost experience i had with them before the guy started gisting me about their poor service,  i quickly told him my own part of the experience.

And do you know the new update now Nairahost wants me to transfer my leftover domain to another registerar because they can't continue rendering service to me i got that mail of recent.

So is it a crime to talk about poor services? they still have my N2200.so Abhost make u know con dey talk vague gist here abeg,  or else we go screw you and nairahost ass ASAP.

I have list of Hosting company thats has screw up people ASS,  a guy gave me the list and don't e suprise Abhost. you are,  well i woun't say anything
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by smartsoft(m): 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2008
If i vex i go paste the whole link here Sharply i guess you know me now, i no dey waste time.  if you guys wants the list let me know  so you don't fall victim again like me and the Poster the one i still trust though, have not seen the guy i'm dealing with. SYSKAY,  based on trust, we communicate and stricly business.  no be all this hanky panky people
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by Tunscom: 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2008
I must truely confess dat i really appreciate d response so far and i must thank u guys for ur concern.

@abhost
Who told u nairahost don't charge 4 .com.ng domain registration? Why not research well enough b4 arriving @ a conclusion. Well, 4 ur information, nairahost charge #500 for .com.ng domains of which i bought 2gether wit an hosting package. Am so surprise @ d outcome of things cos i expected them 2 reply me atleast telling me of wat was going on and i'll understand instead of leaving me in d dark.
Re: Nairahost Again! Why Now by smartsoft(m): 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2008
even N200 na money, sorry ja re i know how it pitches

(1) (Reply)

Help Out Pls / How May I Help You On Php Language, I'm A Php Guru? / What Do You Think About Ihostafrica.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.