Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,412 members, 7,881,510 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:48 PM

My Mazda 626 Refused To Start - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Mazda 626 Refused To Start (2674 Views)

My Stolen Mazda 626 Has Been Recovered By The Police / Gear Issue On My Mazda Mpv / Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mazda 626 Refused To Start by amosfunmi(m): 4:39am On Jun 30, 2014
House kindly help me out. My 1995 Mazda 626 stalled while driving and refused to start, though it cranked but could not just start.
Re: My Mazda 626 Refused To Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:44am On Jun 30, 2014
amosfunmi: House kindly help me out. My 1995 Mazda 626 stalled while driving and refused to start, though it cranked but could not just start.

Are you good at (Do it your self) if not most of our solutions will not make any sense

Carburettor or injector?

1. Run through the fuses.

2.Does the engine crank? If yes is it unnessearily fast? If yes check timing belt.

3 if not timing belt check ti you have a spark while cranking, instead of shocking your self (rd side mechanic style) just get a spark plug connect to one of the spark plug caps place the spark plug on ground(-) and crank you should see a spark if not.

4. Also check that you have petrol.

Answer first question then we can continue.

2 Likes

Re: My Mazda 626 Refused To Start by mayor2013: 7:12am On Jun 30, 2014
Follow what my oga at the top has said grin
Re: My Mazda 626 Refused To Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:13am On Jun 30, 2014
Re: My Mazda 626 Refused To Start by amosfunmi(m): 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Are you good at (Do it your self) if not most of our solutions will not make any sense

Carburettor or injector?

1. Run through the fuses.

2.Does the engine crank? If yes is it unnessearily fast? If yes check timing belt.

3 if not timing belt check ti you have a spark while cranking, instead of shocking your self (rd side mechanic style) just get a spark plug connect to one of the spark plug caps place the spark plug on ground(-) and crank you should see a spark if not.

4. Also check that you have petrol.

Answer first question then we can continue.
Thank bro, its injector engine.
Got some hand on mechanical experience.
Re: My Mazda 626 Refused To Start by amosfunmi(m): 12:45pm On Jun 30, 2014
I have done. Some check this morning.
There is a spark and got enough fuel in the car.
Have also done basic confirmation of the fuel pump.
And just remember before the engine stalled I heared a sort of knocking sound before the engine finally went off.
Re: My Mazda 626 Refused To Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
amosfunmi: I have done. Some check this morning.
There is a spark and got enough fuel in the car.
Have also done basic confirmation of the fuel pump.
And just remember before the engine stalled I heared a sort of knocking sound before the engine finally went off.

Mechanical sound b4 it went off? Not good please check timing belt.
Re: My Mazda 626 Refused To Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
There's a quick method of checking if timing marks match up without removing the timing belt cover,(non invasive but not recommended for setting timing)

1.Turn engine to T.D.C at the zero mark

2.Ur car uses a distributor, remove the cover the distributor cap should align with the cylinder number 1 spark plug wire. If its not your timing belt skipped.

3. If your belt skipped a few rollers or water pump might be responsible. Have it checked and we can continue from there.

Edited

I forgot to ask is ur engine v6 or i4?
Re: My Mazda 626 Refused To Start by amosfunmi(m): 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2014
Thanks bro for the support. its I4 2.0 engine.
From the check the engine is off timing but having challenge getting it set.
I tried doing it, the engine start, but when I attempt to throttle, I heard that same knocking sound and the engine went off again.

GAZZUZZ: There's a quick method of checking if timing marks match up without removing the timing belt cover,(non invasive but not recommended for setting timing)

1.Turn engine to T.D.C at the zero mark

2.Ur car uses a distributor, remove the cover the distributor cap should align with the cylinder number 1 spark plug wire. If its not your timing belt skipped.

3. If your belt skipped a few rollers or water pump might be responsible. Have it checked and we can continue from there.

Edited

I forgot to ask is ur engine v6 or i4?
Re: My Mazda 626 Refused To Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
amosfunmi: Thanks bro for the support. its I4 2.0 engine.
From the check the engine is off timing but having challenge getting it set.
I tried doing it, the engine start, but when I attempt to throttle, I heard that same knocking sound and the engine went off again.

What drives the water pump? Serpentine belt or timing belt? Have it checked, also check tensioners and every roller on timing belt area. A particular part that is supposed to roll is frozen or stuck. I'm just hoping your engine is non-interference ( where the piston does not travel into any area into which the valves open) if not soon we will be talking about bent valves. Please take your time and have it checked or have a professional have it looked at.
Re: My Mazda 626 Refused To Start by amosfunmi(m): 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2014
Thank you Gazzuz,
at some point I called my brother from IB, we learn mechanic together before I left for school. He practice full time.
The guy really show superiority in skill today.
He got the timing right and we are able to start the engine.
After some moment of idle we had that knocking noise and the engine went off again.
we loose the engine top cover and discover one of the cam shaft journal worned out.
He told me no oil supply to the cam area.
we loosed out the top cylinder and discovered supply passage blocked, only God knows how that dirt get into the oil.
we removed the dirt and clear the passage.
coupled back the every thing and start the engine.
Ran the engine for 25 min and test drive form Ishaga to Agege, it works fine. and later used the same vehicle to drop him at Berger while he was going back to IB.

My BIG thanks to all that have help me on this issue most especially Gazzuz God bless you.
my car in now up and running fine. I have also learn alot more.
Re: My Mazda 626 Refused To Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:54am On Jul 02, 2014
Ur welcome. Good to know ur ride is up and running.

(1) (Reply)

P2716 Error Code On Toyota And Lexus Can Be Fixed With This Simple Step / Auto Collision Repairs And Oven Baked Spray Painting / Please I Need Opinions On Carina E

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.