Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,167 members, 7,977,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 07:50 AM

Ajimobi Must Go - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Must Go (11259 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / See The Beautiful Daughters Of Governor Ajimobi / Ajimobi's Daughters Stun At Dad's Re-election Campaign- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 11:39am On Jul 10, 2014
texaco1: I am really enjoying this tt thread and I hope it s doesn't get derailed by insults or abuses .ajimobi govt is under focus here
I'm amazed We can actually discuss Oyo politics without insults... We are truly setting the pace..That's what I call class
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by stevolinkon40: 11:42am On Jul 10, 2014
toludadon:
the truth is akala has upper hand and Tessy is getting frustrated, Ayo adeseun only aligned with akala not Tessy and you think Adeseun doesn't know who's Who in pdp?
I believe you should know more about your party,Its just my personnal view of things. We are all watching.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
toludadon:
I'm amazed We can actually discuss Oyo politics without insults... We are truly setting the pace..That's what I call class
bros ,pdp members are peace loving and law abiding citizens . They don't throw insults or abuses , but unlike one party I won't mention. Heheheh
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by emiye(m): 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
Talking about salary ,courtesy of the review of workers salary to the 18,000 naira minimum wage, and other new recruits. the new salary bill of the state is now 4.6 billion naira monthly as against 2 billion + naira of the previous administration(2007-2011), yet allocation from the FG is dwindling to the state(avg of 4 billion/month). Akala could not pay the previous minimum wage , i think 11,500 or thereabout.

Let this discourse be objective as possible.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
Gej influence will go a long way in determining who finally gets the nod for the ticket and age isn't on akala or ladoja advantage . The next gov os oyo state is looking at events closely.akala is already doing the ground work .
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by emiye(m): 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
Since, some folks are more interested in who wins or lose election than what the candidates will offer to the populace.

In my opinion, Ajimobi has a very good chance of coming back due to some factors, the accord party is currently stronger than PDP in oyo state, that tells me it will be a highly contested 3 horse race in 2015, as the strength of the PDP will increase shortly before the election due to FG might. Ajimobi needs to harness roughly 40% of the total votes. His strength lies with the lower/upper middle class and the big guns which makes up roughly 20% of the electorates. His weakness lies with the "masses" which makes up roughly 80% of the electorates. If he plays his political game tightly , nothing stops him from getting at least 15/20 and 25/80 from the two camps.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
emiye: Since, some folks are more interested in who wins or lose election than what the candidates will offer to the populace.

In my opinion, Ajimobi has a very good chance of coming back due to some factors, the accord party is currently stronger than PDP in oyo state, that tells me it will be a highly contested 3 horse race in 2015, as the strength of the PDP will increase shortly before the election due to FG might. Ajimobi needs to harness roughly 40% of the total votes. His strength lies with the lower/upper middle class and the big guns which makes up roughly 20% of the electorates. His weakness lies with the "masses" which makes up roughly 80% of the electorates. If he plays his political game tightly , nothing stops him from getting at least 15/20 and 25/80 from the two camps.

From a medical doctor on STRIKE!
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by emiye(m): 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
smartchoice:

From a medical doctor on STRIKE!
What is your point?
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by sainty2k3(m): 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2014
texaco1: bros ,pdp members are peace loving and law abiding citizens . They don't throw insults or abuses , but unlike one party I won't mention. Heheheh
Lol. U need to see what ur party members do to anyone that opposes GEJ. I think the thread has just been full of reasonable people. If I want PDP member to spoil it now I'll just say something about Gem not winning 2015. heeeeeee!!! Am already binding my head from yabbins o.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
emiye:
What is your point?

Get off Nairaland your patients are dying at the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital....or are you this wicked and mean?
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
emiye: Since, some folks are more interested in who wins or lose election than what the candidates will offer to the populace.

hmmm,bros did u read this post very well before posting it?because if u give ajimobi this analysis he will give u a slap. U just knocked him off .ur points shows that he will lose.pls tell me how many of those so called middle class stand in the sun for hours to vote? U said accord is stronger than pdp in oyo state ,where did u get this info from?even the hausa man on the street of ibadan knows that pdp is stronger than accord. How many ppl are defecting to accord and how many to pdp? Bros don't follow air conditioned room politics discussion ,those that decide the fate of elections are in the sun ,drivers,food sellers,mechanics. Politicians don't play with these set of people ,if they like a candidate they can die for him or her.they don't have time for nairaland discussion ,or can u die for ajimobi?

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
texaco1: hmmm,bros did u read this post very well before posting it?because if u give ajimobi this analysis he will give u a slap. U just knocked him off .ur points shows that he will lose.pls tell me how many of those so called middle class stand in the sun for hours to vote? U said accord is stronger than pdp in oyo state ,where did u get this info from?even the hausa man on the street of ibadan knows that pdp is stronger than accord. How many ppl are defecting to accord and how many to pdp? Bros don't follow air conditioned room politics discussion ,those that decide the fate of elections are in the sun ,drivers,food sellers,mechanics. Politicians don't play with these set of people ,if they like a candidate they can die for him or her.they don't have time for nairaland discussion ,or can u die for ajimobi?

He's a medical doctor.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
sainty2k3:
Lol. U need to see what ur party members do to anyone that opposes GEJ. I think the thread has just been full of reasonable people. If I want PDP member to spoil it now I'll just say something about Gem not winning 2015. heeeeeee!!! Am already binding my head from yabbins o.
I just wanted to cause a little argument in the thread to make the thread more lively
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2014
smartchoice:

He's a medical doctor.
no wonder. I guess he is one of the 40% that will vote for ajimobi

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by emiye(m): 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
smartchoice:

Get off Nairaland your patients are dying at the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital....or are you this wicked and mean?

I dont know where you are manufacturing details about me from, but i must confess people like you sometimes make me conclude you need to have a low IQ to support PDP. Bros, i have never for once slept in ekiti state , neither am i a med doctor.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
emiye:

I dont know where you are manufacturing details about me from, but i must confess people like you sometimes make me conclude you need to have a low IQ to support PDP. Bros, i have never for once slept in ekiti state , neither am i a med doctor.

Denying your profession will not help.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by emiye(m): 1:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
texaco1: hmmm,bros did u read this post very well before posting it?because if u give ajimobi this analysis he will give u a slap. U just knocked him off .ur points shows that he will lose.pls tell me how many of those so called middle class stand in the sun for hours to vote? U said accord is stronger than pdp in oyo state ,where did u get this info from?even the hausa man on the street of ibadan knows that pdp is stronger than accord. How many ppl are defecting to accord and how many to pdp? Bros don't follow air conditioned room politics discussion ,those that decide the fate of elections are in the sun ,drivers,food sellers,mechanics. Politicians don't play with these set of people ,if they like a candidate they can die for him or her.they don't have time for nairaland discussion ,or can u die for ajimobi?
9 months to election is a long time politically, a lot of factors can still come to play,

I can tell you majority of the aggrieved masses at the moment will pick accord at the expense of PDP. the masses make up roughly 80% of the voters, and i acknowledged that in my analysis.

In a 3 horse race, you only need roughly 40% of total votes, it will be a 3 horse race in 2015 in oyo state.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
emiye: 9 months to election is a long time politically, a lot of factors can still come to play,

I can tell you majority of the aggrieved masses at the moment will pick accord at the expense of PDP. the masses make up roughly 80% of the voters, and i acknowledged that in my analysis.

In a 3 horse race, you only need roughly 40% of total votes, it will be a 3 horse race in 2015 in oyo state.
dis ur analysis na ui own ooo. For the streets it doesn't work tthis way.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
toludadon: and by the way , do you want state govt to build burnt olorunsogo power station for those that bought it during privatisation? are they going to be paying the money collected as bills to coffers of state govt?you forgot to mention that Ajimobi provided a state of the art bridge to the same Ariyo when the old bridge collapsed, same for Babanla bridge all within ona ara lg. i don't understand what you mean by no road access at Ariyo, it must be a different Ariyo you are talking about cos I still drove over the bridge yesterday

I live at Amuloko and I can tell yu, that poles are being fixed as we talk, the burnt station has been rebuilt and work is still going on presently.. I know AJIMOBI will complete it before his tenure ends, also the ARIYO bridge cos he will be part of his campaign.. No Govt can ever satisfy the people..
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by stevolinkon40: 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
texaco1: dis ur analysis na ui own ooo. For the streets it doesn't work tthis way.
grin grin grin ACCORD PARY FLYING HIGH THIS TIME. LOL. lets strike a deal, If accord wins, You come back and work in nigeria, If PDP wins, huh huh, i go commot for naija..
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by emiye(m): 1:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
texaco1: dis ur analysis na ui own ooo. For the streets it doesn't work tthis way.

Tell me how it works !

My own assertion:
I said roughly 4 out of 5 people you see at the polling booth on the election day can be classified as masses.

I said accord is currently stronger than PDP, but very close to election, PDP will reduce the gap or even override accord.

I have moved away from the analysis of the quality of governance which should be of greater concern to the analysis of who wins or lose election that some of you are always more interested in.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
texaco1: bros ,pdp members are peace loving and law abiding citizens . They don't throw insults or abuses , but unlike one party I won't mention. Heheheh

Yes, I know the other party PEE DEE PEE grin grin grin grin
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 1:42pm On Jul 10, 2014
stevolinkon40: grin grin grin ACCORD PARY FLYING HIGH THIS TIME. LOL. lets strike a deal, If accord wins, You come back and work in nigeria, If PDP wins, huh huh, i go commot for naija..
noooooo ,make we no change places ooo. Let's use another thing to bet. Bookmark this thread. If accord wins ,which I know is impossible I will send u something of ur choice not more tthan 100$ ok .what will u give me if Pdp wins
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by stevolinkon40: 2:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by makeitplain: 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
mandarin:

I took interest in your post because of its organization but I laughed at how you took readers for fools. Did I read Elebu highway there? Hahaaaaa brother! Why not let's be objective because if our country becomes better its for our own good and that of our children.
It is true that politics of division is what is at play now in Nigeria but as educated as we are especially people with civilized minds, why would you want to pursue you pocket alone to the detriment of the larger society through hypocritical media propaganda.
You did not talk about delibrate plan by past government to underdevelop Oyo state, if not Ibadan should have been carved out of Oyo so that it would have sfficient funds like KANO TO AID DEVELOPMENTS.
i DO NOT LIKE POLITICIANS RIGHT? because they are bunch of insincere citizens of Nigeria and they are destrying this country using people like you as their foot soldiers!!!
Tell me the achievements of Akala, what would impact the development of the greater populace are things that should form the focal points of any serious government including education, infrastructures and entrepreneurial developments. That Ekiti people voted to have purported stomach infrastructure is a pointer to the fact that though they claim to be educated they are ill exposed and have degenerated to what I will calll Esau's weakness althogh I do not blame them, when people see the way politicians and their apologist live in affluence they will condescence.
Ibadan, to be honest with you have been a huge dissappointment in Nigeria going by its political importance, populaton and size because successive government iin Oyo state have failed to lift that city out of squallor and for the first time we are about seeing what is looking like developments you are here spreading this kind of message. I am not from Oyo state but I want progress and I don't share all these political abcadabra at all and am not a member or promoter of any party.
If Oyo people chose to follow their brothersin Ekiti good for them, they can collect their own national cake and share among themselves but you know when your fellows are planting you are eating your own seed, when they are reaping what will happen to you? Ekiti I hope will not be there to serve as the scape goat while these rather self centred civil servants are always wanting more, I do not blame them though, I blame the corrupt society.

Thanks for appreciating my organised write up but I expect u to respond with an equally organised write up because what u wrote is barely comprehensible. U singled out Elebu Highway without reason. If u have issues with the fact that I mentioned Elebu, I will expect u to bring ur reasons and fact. Is it that the Highway does not exist? Or that it was not constructed by Akala? Or not true that its an entirely new road that never existed? So in case of next time, I am advising u that when u disagree with a thing, u have to come up with reasons. Anything without reason is unreasonable.

U asked me to tell u a single thing that Akala did but interestingly, in the very comment u responded to, some of the things that I know he did was very clearly stated out there. I will advise u to re-read my comment again and this time around, read to understand very well.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by samuel25(m): 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
Na wa for all these APC supporters. All their analysis based on 40% vote from Ibadan win Oyo state governorship forgetting other zones. If opposition can get 25 - 30% in Ibadan with massive vote from other zones which Ajimobi has neglected since after his election, such opposition win. I see PDP as such opposition. Ibadan may say Akala didn't do anything, but an abandoned road from Igboho to Iseyin that cut across almost 5 LGs was constructed and extended by Akala regime with countless of major and minor bridges. So also are borehole in many remote villages which are very essential to people. If Ajimobi continue like this, he will NEVER will re-election. Imaging him using other LG money to develop only Ibadan. If LG election were conducted real development will take place in LGA but with few caretaker committee running LG administration, they just busy sharing money among the few opportunist. As for Accord Party that rely heavily on civil servants due to Ladoja performance but almost 50% of the civil servants doesn't vote. Most of them travelled to where their family is and hold voters card for another place. Even the 25 students per class and establishment of more schools by Ladoja administration was used to cause religious crisis especially in Oke ogun area (don't know of other parts) where all the schools were named Muslim pry or Secondary. Students come out with Hijab idea even in christian schools. These will work against Accord Party among christian fanatics. As a neutral person but like reading about politics I see PDP having edge due to their structure. Just an observer.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by makeitplain: 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
emiye: 9 months to election is a long time politically, a lot of factors can still come to play,

Its going to be a 2 horse-race I believe. The contention is between PDP and ACCORD... APC will finish a distant 3rd... It will be an uphill task for a virtually empty party (APC) to garner votes on election day. This is my opinion formed based on my understanding of unfolding events so far.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
makeitplain:

Its going to be a 2 horse-race I believe. The contention is between PDP and ACCORD... APC will finish a distant 3rd... It will be an uphill task for a virtually empty party (APC) to garner votes on election day. This is my opinion formed based on my understanding of unfolding events so far.
bros ,even ladoja na pdp man, if he is called to a meeting now with gej and muazu ,he will state his terms and condition just like he did for ajimobi the last time. Even labour party according to info I am getting won't give pdp any problem. One thing ppl are forgetting is that nigeria politics is about what I can get not what is good for the people,all these politicians will trade their followers if given the right price ,but gej needs every state he can win in order to win in 2015
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by emiye(m): 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2014
makeitplain:

Are you saying an incumbent will not feature in the contest. Haba!, you funny oooo. It will be a 3 horse race (APC, accord,PDP) will share roughly 95% of the votes, others like Labour ,.... will take the remaining crumbs.

Election is not just for party members, there are lots of people on the sidelines who are not registered members of any party, in my observation, the current governor has done much better than the predecessors. (security, transportation, waste mgt, road infrastructure) i dont think much has been done on education and even health.

The current governor lifeline is that accord and PDP are formidably strong enough to divide sharply the votes of those oppose to him.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
Soyedele1:

I live at Amuloko and I can tell yu, that poles are being fixed as we talk, the burnt station has been rebuilt and work is still going on presently.. I know AJIMOBI will complete it before his tenure ends, also the ARIYO bridge cos he will be part of his campaign.. No Govt can ever satisfy the people..
good news
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
samuel25: Na wa for all these APC supporters. All their analysis based on 40% vote from Ibadan win Oyo state governorship forgetting other zones. If opposition can get 25 - 30% in Ibadan with massive vote from other zones which Ajimobi has neglected since after his election, such opposition win. I see PDP as such opposition. Ibadan may say Akala didn't do anything, but an abandoned road from Igboho to Iseyin that cut across almost 5 LGs was constructed and extended by Akala regime with countless of major and minor bridges. So also are borehole in many remote villages which are very essential to people. If Ajimobi continue like this, he will NEVER will re-election. Imaging him using other LG money to develop only Ibadan. If LG election were conducted real development will take place in LGA but with few caretaker committee running LG administration, they just busy sharing money among the few opportunist. As for Accord Party that rely heavily on civil servants due to Ladoja performance but almost 50% of the civil servants doesn't vote. Most of them travelled to where their family is and hold voters card for another place. Even the 25 students per class and establishment of more schools by Ladoja administration was used to cause religious crisis especially in Oke ogun area (don't know of other parts) where all the schools were named Muslim pry or Secondary. Students come out with Hijab idea even in christian schools. These will work against Accord Party among christian fanatics. As a neutral person but like reading about politics I see PDP having edge due to their structure. Just an observer.
I can tell you as At today, ajimobi will have bloc vote from Oyo town and the Ibadan agenda is highly in his favor too
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
stevolinkon40: I believe you should know more about your party,Its just my personnal view of things. We are all watching.
Bro, my dead body will kick against pdp.. I can never associate with pdp in Oyo state and one more, I personally don't like Ladoja because I expected more from a first class chemical engineer than the pull him down At all cost politics He plays... I have a soft spot for Seyi makinde though.. haven't said that , I hate apc as a party too but ajimobi is my man anytime anyday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arewa Chiefs In Agege, Lagos Back Buhari For Presidency / Governor Zulum Sacks Mohammed Hassan, Head Of Service / Samuel Ortom: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Worsening Nigeria’s Division

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.