Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,797 members, 7,972,847 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 07:59 PM

NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS. (2671 Views)

Kogi: Wada Kicks As Early Results Favour Audu / Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION / APC Kicks As Jonathan Meets Adams, Obanikoro In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS. by seunfly: 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
hurricaneChris:

Hey bro! In six 6years of architecture, you'll go through almost all the courses in environmental science. Because u are expected to know all of them. Someone in quantity survey for example, should not necessarily understand the design criteria. This issue has created lot of misunderstanding between Architects and others. But the truth remains; Architects learn all their courses while in school, while they only study one course in architecture so that they can understand architectural drawings. So forget the case of Architects and others in the environmental organization.

A doctor who studies most of med lab courses bfo 4th MBBS, and btw 4th and final MBBS, he studies courses like pharmacology and physiology. Why won't he have say have a say?
And am sure it's doctors who do the IVDs in naija here

Like i said b4, that is typical Nigerian mentality of i know all. If doctor, architect or any other profession feels he has studied a particular related profession and he/she loves it, the best thing to do is to go and recieve the certification in that particular field so that he can practice it.
In a standard evironment, no doctor can ever do the job of a nurse and no architect can ever the the job of a planner. It just a shame that our private character is showing up in our professional field. Let me repeat my self again, to have idea in a particular field does not make you a professional in an ideal settings but greed, lawlesness and lack of organisation that has plague our society is what encourages all this things.

That is why our nation is in mess today because the right people usually don't take the right place, the powerful takes all.
Re: NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS. by filiks(m): 1:48am On Jul 03, 2014
seunfly:
The truth is that doctors in Nigeria are steping out of their bounderies to affect other profession's right, medical feild is like other feild where we have symbiotic relationship and no prefession can do without others but like every ecosystem one must be at the top of the chain, in this case doctors are at the to top. However every each profession has it role and it should be respected by every members of the sector. Like i said before, it is typical nigerian mentality of vanity, we also see this play out in enviromental sector where architect wants to head planning when we have town planner, architech wants to dominate survey section, they want stake in real estate etc.
Due to our greed, lawlesness and unorganised society, every body damble into any thing and if you re powerful enough, you dominate and take it away from the rightful owner.

Please permit me to correct you on a few things: first, the architect does not want to "head" planning, the architect is part of planning. But if its a building project, the architect is naturally the head of that project, no matter how many consultant engineers involved (a typical site meeting will make you understand it better).

That said, the doctor is the natural head of the medical field. Others in the medical field should never contest that. The roles should be well defined to enhance mutual respect and understanding and structure/setup for settlement of disputes should have been in place already. Abbitration does it for the construction industry. The medical people should have thought of theirs.
Re: NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS. by Joenz(m): 2:23am On Jul 03, 2014
Evergreen123:
What's the full meaning of ivds
zombie!this one doesn't even know what IVDs are,unfortunately,she's too big to educate herself,yet she's here beating her silly chest that they are the ones doing it.Typical of the i-know-it-all mouthing and grandstanding of most Nigerian drs.Get it straight,HARD TIMES AWAIT THE EGOCENTRIC NIGERIAN DOCTORS!The era of asking for what you want and dictating what others must get has gone for good.

2 Likes

Re: NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS. by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 03, 2014
Joenz: zombie!this one doesn't even know what IVDs are,unfortunately,she's too big to educate herself,yet she's here beating her silly chest that they are the ones doing it.Typical of the i-know-it-all mouthing and grandstanding of most Nigerian drs.Get it straight,HARD TIMES AWAIT THE EGOCENTRIC NIGERIAN DOCTORS!The era of asking for what you want and dictating what others must get has gone for good.

ivd is an abbreviation and can mean anything in medicine.
Stop making a fool of yourself please, am not in that mood
Re: NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS. by Joenz(m): 9:50am On Jul 03, 2014
Evergreen123:

ivd is an abbreviation and can mean anything in medicine.
Stop making a fool of yourself please, am not in that mood
olodo,anything ko,everything ni!run along jor
Re: NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS. by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 03, 2014
Joenz: olodo,anything ko,everything ni!run along jor

mtchew
Re: NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS. by wirinet(m): 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2014
Demdem: Don't get it. What's cbn business in this brouhaha?

I also do not get it, what is the business of CBN in the regulation of IVD and other medical equipments imported into the country? Are now performing the duties of the Ministry of Health, SON, NAFDAC and other regulatory agencies?
Re: NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS. by wirinet(m): 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
obi4eze:
Importation has to do with foreign exchange and that's where CBN comes in.

So because importation of IVDs require foreign exchange means CBN should regulate IVDS? In that case CBN should also determine who regulates petroleum products, rice, flour, cars, drugs and every other product imported into Nigeria and forget their primary responsibility of regulating fiscal and monetary policies.
Re: NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS. by Demdem(m): 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
wirinet:

I also do not get it, what is the business of CBN in the regulation of IVD and other medical equipments imported into the country? Are now performing the duties of the Ministry of Health, SON, NAFDAC and other regulatory agencies?

obi4eze:
Importation has to do with foreign exchange and that's where CBN comes in.
Re: NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS. by meforyou1(m): 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
NMA is talking of world standard. I used Google to check world standards on 2 issues.
There are consultancies in nursing and pharmacy.
They demand for surgeon general, who must be medical doctor. US surgeon general of the army is a nurse.
Re: NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS. by Watermelon(m): 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
[
quote author=me_for_you]NMA is talking of world standard. I used Google to check world standards on 2 issues.
They demand for surgeon general, who must be medical doctor. US surgeon general of the army is a nurse.[/quote]

Na waaaoh, I never knew that Dr. Boris Lushniak (MD, MPH), the acting US Surgeon General is a nurse.
Re: NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS. by MeAboki(m): 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
The position of doctors in this regard is so absurd that its unthinkable.

The MLSCN is the regulatory body backed up by law (Act 11 of 2003 of the Fed Rep of Nigeria) to regulate Medical Laboratory Science practice in all its ramifications in the country, among them setting up standards and determining the quality of manufactured and imported IVDs - covering reagents, chemicals and equipment which Medical Laboratory Scientists use to carry out laboratory tests etc.

Doctors on the other hand are saying no, med lab scientists should not be allowed to exercise this legitimate right as given to them by law but they (doctors) on the other hand should be the ones to exercise it - can you imagine that!

You do not need to be a rocket scientist to be able to ask and answer this question of who should regulate IVDs: med lab scientists who use them daily as tools of their profession or doctors who hardly ever engage them ?

It is clear to me that doctors are still smarting from the pain of recent court judgement which freed scientists from the domination of their colleagues (pathologists) by declaring the two professions as distinct and different and therefore entitling lab scientists to have and head their own departments as well as be promoted up the to rank of directors - another reason why the doctors are now on strike.
They just want to block the progress and development of any other profession except their own in the health sector, in this case of med lab scientists, out of sheer greed and selfishness - their case is not only appalling it is also pathetic.
Re: NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS. by meforyou1(m): 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
Watermelon: [
quote author=me_for_you]NMA is talking of world standard. I used Google to check world standards on 2 issues.
They demand for surgeon general, who must be medical doctor. US surgeon general of the army is a nurse.

Na waaaoh, I never knew that Dr. Boris Lushniak (MD, MPH), the acting US Surgeon General is a nurse.
my friend, did u read my post? I said US surgeon general of the army. LTG Patricia Horoho (nurse corps). Check google.

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Reason Why Jonathan Must Go In 2015 / herbert Macaulay story was a 419 scam story by Nigeria because occupation . / Why Buhari Should Not Be Allowed To Rule Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.