Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,668 members, 7,889,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 02:44 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (829106 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fareedah86: 12:19pm On May 02, 2016
Good morning. There is someone in the uk who goes to the usa for a ministry seminar course. She is processing an invite for me to go foe the seminar in usa too, so i would get an invite from the ministry over there. Ki would be responsible for my visa fees and all other travelling expenses. Now these r my qstns, bevause she said i would need about 500k for everything, i plan relocating after the seminar.
1. How much is my visa fees?
2. Will i still he able to use this same visa to go back into d country, since it wld be a 2 years visa, or will i process another one?
3. What type of visa will i be given?
4. As for the accounts, i have 2 accounts i run. One is gtb which is my salary account. The other is access bank i use if for savings, i keep both running but on low amount, i collect 50k pwr month.the person helping me advised i use my peesonl account which is the access, i plan to start running it this may, pls i want to ask, hope it wnt give me any problems at the embassy?
6. What are the like questions they wld ask me at the wmbassy, since its my first time. What should i except?
7. And is it possible i am refused on the grounds of going there for a rwligious seminar. Pls kindly respond. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Buccattee: 12:46pm On May 02, 2016
Hello Visa Officer,
I've scheduled an interview with the US embassy Abuja for on the 11 of May. As at the time I applied, my passport validity was above 6 months, (note my passport expires 27th of October? But my passport will be 14 days below 6 months on the day of my interview. Will that be a problem for my visa? Remember I met with the requirement of not less than six months before applying, and Nigerian immigration won't renew the passport for me if it's not 6 months or below. Kindly advise me if I can still go on with the passport for my interview. (I applied for a short visit visa B1/B2)
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:32am On May 03, 2016
vicky71:
Dear VO,
I have a brother who has a dual citizenship through both parents coming from two different African Nations (Nigeria and Benin Republic) and he lives in Kuwait where he had legal residency.
He now wants to visit the US for Summer vacation and we are all confused about what he should do because:
1. He wants to come home to Nigeria before applying but he doesn't know if it's appropriate to apply in Nigeria.
2. He hold's Benin Republic Passport but doesn't know if he could come along with it to the interview with his Nigerian passport because it's on the Benin Republic passport his travel history is on.
3. Does his Kuwait Civil ID and work permit admissible as part of supporting documents if applying in Nigeria?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Hello vicky71,

1) He can apply in Nigeria
2) He can/should bring all passports
3) He can bring it but it's not required and probably won't be looked at

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:34am On May 03, 2016
asanwa4life:
Dear VO,
I had my baby in the US and paid all my bills to the last cent last year. However 2 weeks after he was born, he fell ill & the paediatrician we consulted referred us to a hospital. He was admitted for 3 days, had a surgery, MRI, & ended up with a bill of $20,000.
All this happened so quick & unexpectedly. However since I returned I have been having difficulties sending the cash to the hospital because of the new CBN policy on forex.
From the look of things, I can only pay the bill when I arrive America personally. I have explained to the hospital but I do not know what the current situation is regarding the health of my account.
My question is this, if I am not able to send the cash abroad before the expiration of my visa, will the debt prevent me from being given a visa?
Secondly, if I decide to travel before my visa expires, will I be prevented from entering the U.S because of the debt?
I need your honest opinion. I was even offered Medicaid at the hospital but I declined.
Thank you do much.

Hello asanwa4life,

1) Possibly
2) Possibly

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:35am On May 03, 2016
jordanese:
I'm a car dealer CEO and am registered with Insurance Auto Auction IAA in USA. I have bought cars from the above mention Auctions worth over $400,000 since 2012 till date. My Eldest daughter have 2 years USA visa when she applied with my parents. I'm very comfortable with buying cars from the auction through internet. I want to apply for holiday with my wife and my second daughter. What are my chances. Hope to hear from you soonest. Thanks

Hello jordanese,

We don't give odds.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:41am On May 03, 2016
fareedah86:
Good morning. There is someone in the uk who goes to the usa for a ministry seminar course. She is processing an invite for me to go foe the seminar in usa too, so i would get an invite from the ministry over there. Ki would be responsible for my visa fees and all other travelling expenses. Now these r my qstns, bevause she said i would need about 500k for everything, i plan relocating after the seminar.
1. How much is my visa fees?
2. Will i still he able to use this same visa to go back into d country, since it wld be a 2 years visa, or will i process another one?
3. What type of visa will i be given?
4. As for the accounts, i have 2 accounts i run. One is gtb which is my salary account. The other is access bank i use if for savings, i keep both running but on low amount, i collect 50k pwr month.the person helping me advised i use my peesonl account which is the access, i plan to start running it this may, pls i want to ask, hope it wnt give me any problems at the embassy?
6. What are the like questions they wld ask me at the wmbassy, since its my first time. What should i except?
7. And is it possible i am refused on the grounds of going there for a rwligious seminar. Pls kindly respond. Thanks.

Hello fareedah86,

First things first: why are you replacing "e" with "w", and "c" with "v"? You also seem to be missing quite a few letters. This is very odd.

1) $160. You can find that information at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/
2) If it's a multi-entry B1/B2 visa, then yes
3) If it's for a religious program, probably a B1/B2
4) We generally don't look at statements of account
5) Doesn't appear to be a question 5....
6) We aren't going to coach you through the process
7) It's possible you'll be refused for any visa you apply for.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:44am On May 03, 2016
Buccattee:
Hello Visa Officer,
I've scheduled an interview with the US embassy Abuja for on the 11 of May. As at the time I applied, my passport validity was above 6 months, (note my passport expires 27th of October? But my passport will be 14 days below 6 months on the day of my interview. Will that be a problem for my visa? Remember I met with the requirement of not less than six months before applying, and Nigerian immigration won't renew the passport for me if it's not 6 months or below. Kindly advise me if I can still go on with the passport for my interview. (I applied for a short visit visa B1/B2)
Thanks

Hello Buccattee,

Yeah should be fine

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Buccattee: 8:11am On May 03, 2016
Dear Abuja NIV Team,
I've filled my DS 160 and submitted, I've also scheduled my appointment for next week, before I realized that my passport is having less than 6 months validity.
I've applied for renewal of my passport and hopefully I should get it before my interview date, I also planned completing a new DS 160 form to effect the change in my passport number, my question is:
Can I update this new passport info and new DS 160 bar code number on my appointment page?
Will this change my appointment date from next week?
Do I need to call the embassy to inform them of the renewal of my passport?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by igwemesh(m): 4:08pm On May 03, 2016
Dear NIV Abuja

I am an IT personel that is working on a Project..IMPACT OF IT in Entomology..Mosuito as my case study....I am a computer science graduate..i currently work with a firm in Abuja since 2014..i want to go for a conference organised by the international society of Entomology in the US in September of which the invitation Letter will be sent to me from the organisers of the conference..My company will be sponsoring my trip together with Hotels and so on.the conference is for 5days, I plan to stay for 14..
1. What Visa type am I to apply for
2. Do I still need my statement of account and my salary payment slip when my sponsor will Provide the company statement of account
3. What month can I apply to go by september?
4. Do I need to bring my employment Letter.?
5.what additional documents do I need to take along for the interview.
6. Am I to fill the DS160 form stating that am going for a conference..?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JADESOLA15: 4:39pm On May 03, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello JADESOLA15,

Your current visas are still valid and you may travel on them as you wish. Just be sure to tell the agent at the POE exactly what your purpose of travel is. If you plan to have the baby in the U.S. you must provide the agent at the POE with all the documents that demonstrate your ability to pay for the ENTIRE birth (you may not accept any public assistance).

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

Hi VO, thanks for your great work here. So I received email from Vice Consul that we should bring our passports for interview, and today VO asked why we didn't travel and I responded. Asked how m7ch we both earn, and we answered.

She stepped out for minutes and came back with our passports with CANCELLED stamp on the visas.

Even though wife was not pregnant during interview, I guess VO felt we lied.

I have taken it in good faith, even though it was painful that being truthful led us here. I will continue to be honest even with this setback. may God keeps us all. Amen.

Thanks and I really appreciate.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Pureheart45(f): 6:45pm On May 03, 2016
Dear VO,
I have a valid B1/B2 visa that expires in August. I'm currently vacationing in the US but will be back in a few days. In a week I intend to be in South Africa.

My question is, I have a 2weeks trip planned for the USA again for a conference in June. And I might be going from SA. DO I need to renew my visa before then? And, if Yes, can It be renewed in South Africa?

I was issued this current one in Nigeria.
Kindly respond pls.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by omozu1(m): 8:43pm On May 03, 2016
Please i need help.
Is it true that if i want to travel to America with my family i need to deposit some amount of money (10000 dollars) with the embassy
The person told me if i don't return back to nigeria that money will be sized.
Is it true?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 03, 2016
abujaniv:

Thank you

Hello asanwa4life,

1) Possibly
2) Possibly

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sjvictor21: 9:41pm On May 03, 2016
Hi house,
I recently came to Nigeria to renew my USA B1/B2 visa all the way from Ukraine through Dropbox. I submitted since two weeks ago and I am yet to hear anything from the embassy or DHL I have called the embassy twice and I was told to wait. Now the issue on ground is, I am supposed to be back to school for my final exams this month and I have to leave Nigeria this week. Is there anyway I can get my passport back from the embassy with or without the visa? Because right now, I'm more than worried. I have been having sleepless nights and so on. Please is there anybody in the house that has had similar experience and please what do you suggest I do best? I have to be out of the country latest by Friday this week. Please help... All candid opinions are welcome. Gracias!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Matcoco: 10:51am On May 04, 2016
Good day v.o

Thieves visited my friends house and her passport was taken away, she's meant to travel this weekend to the us with her hubby which is not possible again following the incidence, her b1/b2 visa is expiring in oct 2016, she's trying to get a new passport now, my question is how does she get a visa back. Please advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Matcoco: 10:55am On May 04, 2016
Good day v.o

Thieves visited my friends house and her passport was taken away, she's meant to travel this weekend to the us with her hubby which is not possible again following the incidence, her b1/b2 visa is in oct 2016, she's trying to get a new passport now, my question is how does she get a visa back. Please advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:59pm On May 04, 2016
Buccattee:
Dear Abuja NIV Team,
I've filled my DS 160 and submitted, I've also scheduled my appointment for next week, before I realized that my passport is having less than 6 months validity.
I've applied for renewal of my passport and hopefully I should get it before my interview date, I also planned completing a new DS 160 form to effect the change in my passport number, my question is:
Can I update this new passport info and new DS 160 bar code number on my appointment page?
Will this change my appointment date from next week?
Do I need to call the embassy to inform them of the renewal of my passport?

Thanks.

Just let them know what the story is during your intake.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:01pm On May 04, 2016
igwemesh:
Dear NIV Abuja

I am an IT personel that is working on a Project..IMPACT OF IT in Entomology..Mosuito as my case study....I am a computer science graduate..i currently work with a firm in Abuja since 2014..i want to go for a conference organised by the international society of Entomology in the US in September of which the invitation Letter will be sent to me from the organisers of the conference..My company will be sponsoring my trip together with Hotels and so on.the conference is for 5days, I plan to stay for 14..
1. What Visa type am I to apply for
2. Do I still need my statement of account and my salary payment slip when my sponsor will Provide the company statement of account
3. What month can I apply to go by september?
4. Do I need to bring my employment Letter.?
5.what additional documents do I need to take along for the interview.
6. Am I to fill the DS160 form stating that am going for a conference..?

1) B1/B2
2) No
3) The sooner the better
4) No
5) You don't need any other documents!
6) Yes
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:01pm On May 04, 2016
JADESOLA15:

Hi VO, thanks for your great work here. So I received email from Vice Consul that we should bring our passports for interview, and today VO asked why we didn't travel and I responded. Asked how m7ch we both earn, and we answered.

She stepped out for minutes and came back with our passports with CANCELLED stamp on the visas.

Even though wife was not pregnant during interview, I guess VO felt we lied.

I have taken it in good faith, even though it was painful that being truthful led us here. I will continue to be honest even with this setback. may God keeps us all. Amen.

Thanks and I really appreciate.

Is there a question?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:02pm On May 04, 2016
Pureheart45:
Dear VO,
I have a valid B1/B2 visa that expires in August. I'm currently vacationing in the US but will be back in a few days. In a week I intend to be in South Africa.

My question is, I have a 2weeks trip planned for the USA again for a conference in June. And I might be going from SA. DO I need to renew my visa before then? And, if Yes, can It be renewed in South Africa?

I was issued this current one in Nigeria.
Kindly respond pls.

As long as you enter the United States before your visa expires you should be fine. If you feel like doing so, you can apply for a new visa in South Africa though that should not be necessary if you are entering before your expiration date.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:02pm On May 04, 2016
omozu1:
Please i need help.
Is it true that if i want to travel to America with my family i need to deposit some amount of money (10000 dollars) with the embassy
The person told me if i don't return back to nigeria that money will be sized.
Is it true?

No. That is not true. But neat idea!

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:04pm On May 04, 2016
Sjvictor21:
Hi house,
I recently came to Nigeria to renew my USA B1/B2 visa all the way from Ukraine through Dropbox. I submitted since two weeks ago and I am yet to hear anything from the embassy or DHL I have called the embassy twice and I was told to wait. Now the issue on ground is, I am supposed to be back to school for my final exams this month and I have to leave Nigeria this week. Is there anyway I can get my passport back from the embassy with or without the visa? Because right now, I'm more than worried. I have been having sleepless nights and so on. Please is there anybody in the house that has had similar experience and please what do you suggest I do best? I have to be out of the country latest by Friday this week. Please help... All candid opinions are welcome. Gracias!

You should not have applied via dropbox if you were not a present resident of Nigeria. You can email the embassy if you are concerned the directions on the website indicate that you need to be a resident of the consular district from which you are applying for renewal.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:05pm On May 04, 2016
Matcoco:
Good day v.o

Thieves visited my friends house and her passport was taken away, she's meant to travel this weekend to the us with her hubby which is not possible again following the incidence, her b1/b2 visa is expiring in oct 2016, she's trying to get a new passport now, my question is how does she get a visa back. Please advice.

She needs to inform the Embassy what happened and apply for a new visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Matcoco: 6:28pm On May 04, 2016
She needs to inform the Embassy what happened and apply for a new visa.[/quote]
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Matcoco: 7:09pm On May 04, 2016
Thank you, is she going to do drop box or book an appointment please. Pardon my previous empty posts

abujaniv:

She needs to inform the Embassy what happened and apply for a new visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sjvictor21: 10:59pm On May 04, 2016
abujaniv:

You should not have applied via dropbox if you were not a present resident of Nigeria. You can email the embassy if you are concerned the directions on the website indicate that you need to be a resident of the consular district from which you are applying for renewal.

Thank you for your response abujaniv. Well I got my first visa in Nigeria in 2014. I thought about renewing my visa in Ukraine but I couldn't. Ustraveldocs in Ukraine states that one can only be liable for a renewal if only the applicant is a Ukrainian citizen or the person's visa was previously issued in Ukraine. Besides, as a Nigerian citizen, I have a stronger tie back home. A topic like this was being reviewed on this forum sometimes two years ago as to where is the best place to apply for a USA visa, your home country or your country of temporal residence. I believe one's home country is far better, compared to when you apply in a country whereby you are just a temporary resident. Just my own point of view. I have a lot of friends that were denied visa in Ukraine but came to nigeria, reapplied and got it.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Buccattee: 5:46am On May 05, 2016
Hello VO,
I'm canceling my interview appointment to reschedule for another appointment. Do I need to pay another fee at GTbank? When will my first payment expire?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:26am On May 05, 2016
Matcoco:
Thank you, is she going to do drop box or book an appointment please. Pardon my previous empty posts

An appointment

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (229)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.