Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,153 members, 7,977,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:13 AM

Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! (16688 Views)

What Do You Tink Will Be The Scores Between Nigeria Vs France Today. / Ways Nigeria Can Beat Ivory Coast / Will Bafana Beat France Today? Considering The French Team Is In A Mess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
Gov Wahala:

Okiki we will win it, don't annoy me o.
Ok... No wahala
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Ceorhemz(m): 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
are you kidding me. cote dvoire was in thesame group with japan Greece and Columbia. yet you say they will perform in our group. then don't just look at dzeko disqualified goalalone. we also have many scoring chances. even sucic said we were better.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2014
emiye: Brazil will not survive the second south american derby. Rodriguez versus Neymar.
I somehow agree with you, however they may scale thru. But I expect a difficult encounter for d Brazillians
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Rossikk(m): 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2014
bin gbagbo: To be frank and fair, nigeria have done well so far this world cup.
I personally think they have been lucky first of all by drawing argentina, bosnia and iran(weakest group) and enjoying bias officiating against bosnia. I believe Ghana or ivory coast would have done much better in that nigeria group, but hey, that is football for you where luck is key.
Without much ado, i strongly believe nigeria can cause an upset tonight by beating france and get into the quarter-final stage, but shouldnt be necessary happy if they make the quarter final. you wanna know why?

cameroun made the quarters in 1990 and that was the end of them

senegal made the quarters in 2002 and that has been their end

My own Ghana made the quarters in 2010 and witnessed a disgraceful outing this year

I am all out for nigeria tonight, but pray you go pass the quarters, else you are hit by the quarter-final curse. no offense. Thanks

Yours sincerely
bin gbagbo cool
Fu.c.k you and get lost.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by ndidibabe(f): 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2014
vicenzo:

The Argentina match was of less importance to the Argentines, that would explain why the started Messi,Higuain,Aguero and Di maria the same time in that match.

Seriously,this inferiority complex you guys exhibit here is becoming unbearable for me.
What does inferiority complex has to do with this? I doubt you even know what inferiority complex mean.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Bigsteveg(m): 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
hebex12: if nigeria no win 2nite,may hackers hack nairaland again

Na ur bank account dem go hack no be nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
Nigeria will beat germany

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
bushdoc9919: Nigeria won't beat France......

Infact , I hope we lose to France...so that we can go home and really improve/develop our football structure...so that we can remove the dross....and eventually win several world cups on merit.

Infact, the NFF should focus on improving the quality of the average player...especially the young footballers, rather than win win win.
wow!..... I just can't believe dat someone can actually talk through his Anus....

#TeamSuperEagles...........
#FranceMustFall................

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by bizibrain(m): 3:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
huhmuhyehmi: Even d camel say an france
The same camel predicted portugal will beat germany, I cant accept dis camel prediction, though france happens 2 b d beta side nd all betting odds ar against Nigeria, but anytin can happen in d game of football, ........ hoping 4 d best nd xpecting d worst.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by imperiouxx(m): 3:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
bin gbagbo:
the hurdle for nigeria...

first france

then germany

then brazil

.............smh embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Nigeria issue aside, Brazil will be beaten by Colombia in the quarter final. Quote me later.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by HeroKelly: 3:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
can somebody please tell gbagbo that super eagles of Nigeria is not the same as black stars of Ghana?
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by kelechiMarie(f): 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
Na me go do witness. grin
me sef go join do wittiness

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by kelechiMarie(f): 3:23pm On Jun 30, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
me sef go join do wittiness
wey hollandis

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by simdam500(m): 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2014
if Naija win seun, return my hard earn likes
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by ibrahimbabagana: 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
nigeria shd win this match ELSE no bringing back d gelisssssssssssssssssssss angry
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Legendoscar2: 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:

2nded grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Kunle106(m): 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
By 7pm, we go knw wetin go happen. But if Nigeria shd scale tru dis round 16, then quater final na shikini tin
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by feedthenation(m): 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2014
Nothing less than a France win 2-0
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 30, 2014
I personally think they have been lucky first of all by drawing argentina, bosnia and iran(weakest group) and enjoying bias officiating against bosnia. I believe Ghana or ivory coast would have done much better in that nigeria group, but hey, that is football for you where luck is key.
Without much ado, i strongly believe nigeria can cause an upset tonight by beating france and get into the quarter-final stage, but shouldnt be necessary happy if they make the quarter final. you wanna know why?

cameroun made the quarters in 1990 and that was the end of them

senegal made the quarters in 2002 and that has been their end

My own Ghana made the quarters in 2010 and witnessed a disgraceful outing this year

I am all out for nigeria tonight, but pray you go pass the quarters, else you are hit by the quarter-final curse. no offense. Thanks

Yours sincerely
bin gbagbo cool

this is what i like to see.. Africans coming together to support eachother instead of fighting! smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by kobonaire(m): 3:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
I personally think they have been lucky first of all by drawing argentina, bosnia and iran(weakest group) and enjoying bias officiating against bosnia. I believe Ghana or ivory coast would have done much better in that nigeria group, but hey, that is football for you where luck is key.....
bin gbagbo cool
cote d'ivoire were actually in an easier group compared to Nigeria and really underperformed to their talent level and f'ked up big time
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
johnwizey: If Nigeria no win today, make seun ban me
. And that ban u will get, funny man...
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 30, 2014
JAGARS: wow!..... I just can't believe dat someone can actually talk through his Anus....

#TeamSuperEagles...........
#FranceMustFall................

France has a proper football setup..including a means by which young players are turned into world class professionals.

Le Centre Technique National Fernand Sastre (English: Fernand Sastre National Technical Centre), commonly referred to as INF Clairefontaine ("Institut national du football de Clairefontaine"wink, INF, or simply Clairefontaine, is the national football centre that specializes in training French football players.[2] The academy is one of twelve élite academies located in and around France that are supervised by the French Football Federation (FFF). Only the best players from the Île-de-France région train at the Clairefontaine academy. The eleven other academies are situated in Castelmaurou, Châteauroux, Liévin, Dijon, Marseille, Ploufragan, Vichy and Reims, Réunion, Saint-Sébastien-sur-Loire, and Talence.[3]

Clairefontaine opened in 1988 and is named after Fernand Sastre, the president of the FFF from 1972–1984. The academy is located 50 km southwest of Paris at Clairefontaine-en-Yvelines and is one of the best known football academies in the world. It has a high reputation of producing some of the most gifted French players including Nicolas Anelka, Louis Saha, William Gallas, Hatem Ben Arfa, Abou Diaby, Sebastien Bassong, Mehdi Benatia, and national team top scorer Thierry Henry. The academy is also used to house the national football teams of France and the centre drew media spotlight following its usage as a base camp by the France team that won the 1998 FIFA World Cup.[4]

Above from the Wikipedia article on Clairefontaine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clairefontaine.

Of course, if we beat France, I will be glad enough to eat my words....however, it still does not mean that we have a quality football setup in Nigeria. Infact, winning will mask a lot of cracks.

Where is Nigeria's Claierfontaine.?

P.S Fun fact....over 15 of Algeria's national team went through Clairefontaine.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
ERCROSS: if D SUPER EAGLES shld win france today, which i believe we can.. then d germans shld fear us too cos we get better with every game..
i believe in the togetherness of this current squad and d tactics of the big boss...

LIVE BEYOND UR FEARS...
aim above ur expectations..
#teamsuperEagles

Assuming they don't get beat by Algeria.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
bushdoc9919:

France has a proper football setup..including a means by which young players are turned into world class professionals.

Above from the Wikipedia article on Clairefontaine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clairefontaine.

Of course, if we beat France, I will be glad enough to eat my words....however, it still does not mean that we have a quality football setup in Nigeria. Infact, winning will mask a lot of cracks.

Where is Nigeria's Claierfontaine.?

P.S Fun fact....over 15 of Algeria's national team went through Clairefontaine.

At least they will have been good enough to win
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 30, 2014
princefunmi:

At least they will have been good enough to win

You can win a football tournament once, but being a successful footballing nation takes time and investment.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by goldenvicky(f): 4:38pm On Jun 30, 2014
Dreamt dat Nigeria won france and my drims abt football happens in reality,so I pray dis one shuldnt be different
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by IAMBREEZY: 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
am just observing!
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
bushdoc9919:

You can win a football tournament once, but being a successful footballing nation takes time and investment.

Maybe.

But if Nigeria wins this, then by every standard Nigeria will be a successful footballing nation.

How many of the worlds top 10 are trophy winners, I mean in the very recent times.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
Dreamt that Ahmed Musa got the Golden Boot
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Timcy2(m): 5:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
France is winning. 3:0.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by suwailad(f): 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
Nl is now looking very shitty

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anthony Martial From Man United To Sevilla Is A Done Deal / List Of 35 Nigerian Athletes For The Olympics 2016 / Luis Enrique Named New Spain Head Coach On 2-Year Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.