Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,093 members, 7,896,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:31 PM

Help My Lawyer Landlord Want To Cheat Us - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help My Lawyer Landlord Want To Cheat Us (658 Views)

Urgent Help,my Landlord Want To Turn Me To A Mad Man And Money Making Machine / The Big Win By My Lawyer / Distress Landlord Want To Sell Property Cheap In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Lawyer Landlord Want To Cheat Us by sexytreasure: 5:27am On Jul 01, 2014
Some month ago October to be precise we rented an apartment from someone who we tout was a reputable lawyer.
When we got to the house we discover their were some repairs to be made,which we tout was minor,but he made a promise in the presence of our agent,that he could repair the house. We made payment thinking he could come make the repairs rather he kept promising.
Few months after it rained heavily and then we discover the whole roof was leaking,such that we will have to raise the bed and wait till the rain stopped before we could sleep. I sent several text msgs to him reminding him of the fact that he make us pay damage even though the house was already a total damage,yet he could promise again and make up excuse.
Last nite it rained and i sent him another message only for him to reply that at the expiration of our rent we should move out and that he will ensure we do not spend a day after our rent expires,which means he want to use his profession as a lawyer to cheat us!!
How do i get justice? The house is here in ibadan and it was through agent
Re: Help My Lawyer Landlord Want To Cheat Us by Gboliwe: 6:18am On Jul 01, 2014
sexytreasure: Some month ago October to be precise we rented an apartment from someone who we tout was a reputable lawyer.
When we got to the house we discover their were some repairs to be made,which we tout was minor,but he made a promise in the presence of our agent,that he could repair the house. We made payment thinking he could come make the repairs rather he kept promising.
Few months after it rained heavily and then we discover the whole roof was leaking,such that we will have to raise the bed and wait till the rain stopped before we could sleep. I sent several text msgs to him reminding him of the fact that he make us pay damage even though the house was already a total damage,yet he could promise again and make up excuse.
Last nite it rained and i sent him another message only for him to reply that at the expiration of our rent we should move out and that he will ensure we do not spend a day after our rent expires,which means he want to use his profession as a lawyer to cheat us!!
How do i get justice? The house is here in ibadan and it was through agent

Firstly, you posted this in the wrong section, I've alerted the moderators about it though.

Secondly, this is a typical landlord behaviour. I had an experience similar to this, but I was "on top" of the situation. Since I couldn't live in the apartment the way it was without the repairs, I played some "anti-social" stunts and got what I wanted. tongue
If you can, fix it up and draw up an agreement on how it would be most convenient to both of you. He may extend your stay as payment or pay in installments

1 Like

Re: Help My Lawyer Landlord Want To Cheat Us by sexytreasure: 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
Gboliwe:

Firstly, you posted this in the wrong section, I've alerted the moderators about it though.

Secondly, this is a typical landlord behaviour. I had an experience similar to this, but I was "on top" of the situation. Since I couldn't live in the apartment the way it was without the repairs, I played some "anti-social" stunts and got what I wanted. tongue
If you can, fix it up and draw up an agreement on how it would be most convenient to both of you. He may extend your stay as payment or pay in installments
WHICH SECTION IM I SUPPOSE TO TAKE THIS PLS CAUSE I NEED JUSTICE. THE GUY GAVE US QUIT NOTICE AND BACKDATED IT TO APRIL, WE WENT TO MEDIATION CENTER TO REPORT HE NEVER SHOWED UP, HE TOLD THEM THAT HE WONT COME LIKEWISE THE AGENT WHO HAPPEN TO BE A PASTOR AT DEEPER LIFE
Re: Help My Lawyer Landlord Want To Cheat Us by Gboliwe: 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
sexytreasure:
WHICH SECTION IM I SUPPOSE TO TAKE THIS PLS CAUSE I NEED JUSTICE. THE GUY GAVE US QUIT NOTICE AND BACKDATED IT TO APRIL, WE WENT TO MEDIATION CENTER TO REPORT HE NEVER SHOWED UP, HE TOLD THEM THAT HE WONT COME LIKEWISE THE AGENT WHO HAPPEN TO BE A PASTOR AT DEEPER LIFE
Its already in the right section. I hope you get better advice.

How long were you meant to stay in this house?
Personally, if I'm going into a deal with you and you come with the "pastor, reverend,imam, herbalist etc" badge, you just lost a deal with me. I DO NOT deal with religionists. If anybody carry religion for head, and comes to do business with me, using that as a surety, I get pissed off instantly.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Nital Armour Sound Proof Doors / For Your Required Property Call Us Today. Mega Global Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.