Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,014 members, 7,912,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 02:20 PM

Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today (24239 Views)

Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike / Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday / Resident Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Action Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by princenonny(m): 5:27pm On Jul 04, 2014
I am heading in for surgery now. In 3hrs I will be ready to properly inform the public on the history of johesu and also @yourhealthlabs and obi4eze I hope u know in a few coming years when hospitals are privatised, u will start working with a pay of less than 30k cos u can't beat the machine (autoanalysers). #foodforthought
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by babat89: 6:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
@yourhealthlabs:
Pls where in this country does a house officer earn as much as u claim?
Admit ur lying bruh! Starting to doubt anything u say.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
princenonny: @yourhealthlabs, obi4eze and all the other johesuans in he house I just want to tell you guys, no matter how much you try to misinform about drs I just want to say that A BUTTERFLY CAN NEVER BE A BIRD. You cannot become a doctor or a consultant through the backdoor. I await your counter strike next week cos it will only push the federal govt to privatise teaching hospitals and guess wat....
1) 90% of drs wud be retained n paid fully
2) 40% of nurses would be retained (cos the other 60% don't hv bsc nursing cos they all went to so called 'nursing school)
3) 60% of pharmacists would be retained the rest will go n open pharmacies
4) 5 % of lab rats like @yourhealthlabs and obi4eze will be retained cos the owners of the hospital will just buy autoanalysers everywhere and rendered ur services useless
5) All the porters would be sacked and porting will be contracted
6) 99.5% of medical records personel will be sacked cos their jobs will be taken over by technology.

In the end drs will win and residency program will be smoother cos more consultants will be needed to meet the demand of the nigerian population.

princenonny: I am heading in for surgery now. In 3hrs I will be ready to properly inform the public on the history of johesu and also @yourhealthlabs and obi4eze I hope u know in a few coming years when hospitals are privatised, u will start working with a pay of less than 30k cos u can't beat the machine (autoanalysers). #foodforthought

I really think you are misrepresenting issues here. Privatization will not be selective in our hospital. Private hospital are majorly run by health administrators abroad health professsionals have not lost there relevance there.
Need i remind you that a very large chunk of our health budget is used to service a salaries of out Doctor of engineering, doctor of kitchen services, doctor of laundry, doctor of laboratory, doctor of logistics and many consultants who report to work only to divert patients to their private hospitals and swindle them. Health Business owners won't allow that happen.

hehehehe, you sound like there will be no demerits for physicians in the event of privatization. How much do locum docs earn in the private sector?
Residents and intern docs will either pay fees or have a very large chunk of their salaries slashed out. Good business for the private owners.
Go learn how Fashola casualized your jobs after sacking about 300 of them. That's just a tip of what privatization bring with it.

You can't intimidate a Scientist with automation, autoanalyses didn't start here in Nigeria, and in the countries where it started there is a dearth of Scientists in there medical laboratory. Go check the immigration and permanent resident policy of Canada, U.S and Aussie. These professionals are prioritized in there immigration schemes. Automation hasn't filled those large gap. Moreover those machines will only give you a garbage in, garbage out results without a Scientist, running QC with the LJ chart during QC, calibrate, so many factors before adopting whatever results come out from those machines. Microbiology/parasitolgy have been difficult to automate even with DNA-PCR technique, go find out why thousands out medically important organism, species, sub-species and other factors.The opportunities for Scientists abound. Nobody's is fazed.

Again, with total privatization your JUMBO pay addicted residents and interns won't find it easy, and a health business owner may not be a able to afford to keep our JUMBO physician-consultants. Many will have to look elsewhere. So you won't be immune to the tsunami.

Think again.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
babat89: @yourhealthlabs:
Pls where in this country does a house officer earn as much as u claim?
Admit ur lying bruh! Starting to doubt anything u say.

drobadebayo:

Wasn't expecting u to agree,but United States does,forbes does,cnn does.so u really don't need to agree.
Plus u ve failed to prove ur idea of interns nd residents earning more Dan dose people u mentioned. We r still waiting for dose payslips from you.

Dr ade, i've desisted from quoting you as you couldn't handle your emotions in of your previous submissions.

Let me show you something, below is an excerpt from a secret letter written by resident doctors under ARD UCH to NMA, it somehow found it's way to the public. No more free lessons, google these key words "ard uch accuse Johesu of bribing politicians"

All i see is a letter painted all over with insecurity, fear, distress, panic and anxiety.

Lets rise and begin to fortify ourselves and work together for the preservation and upliftment of the dignity in our career and training. Lets wake up and stop sleeping for all non-doctors in the healthcare sector are skimming at local,regional and national levels to frustrate,reduce and destroy our profession. Beware of your friend,spouse, parents or neighbors who are non-doctors. They will steal information from you like your payslip and use it against your profession and you.

Are we going to continue to sit idle and allow a few misguided and narrow-minded CMDs destroy our career ? Are we going to continue to pretend to be ignorant and the lab scientist, nurses, physiotherapists,pharmacists, medical records clerk, dieticians, health assistants, service managers, social workers etc take over our jobs,earn more than us,bribe Abuja politicians against us, frustrate the National Health Bill,lobby against us at all levels etc. -ARD-UCH April, 2014

Concentrate on the bolded

1.Why are they afraid of having their payslips fall into JOHESU's hands, they don't even trust their spouse and parents with those payslips, how far can one go to protect a stolen booty.

2. Your renowned consultants can earn millions, i really don't care, but residents and medical interns have no business earning more than our Senior Scientists, Pharmacists, Physios. They can earn better than Scientist interns other interns in JOHESU, not the experienced one. It's not done anywhere in the countries we borrowed our health systems and look up to.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

I really think you are misrepresenting issues here. Privatization will not be selective in our hospital. Private hospital are majorly run by health administrators abroad health professsionals have not lost there relevance there.
Need i remind you that a very large chunk of our health budget is used to service a salaries of out Doctor of engineering, doctor of kitchen services, doctor of laundry, doctor of laboratory, doctor of logistics and many consultants who report to work only to divert patients to their private hospitals and swindle them. Health Business owners won't allow that happen.

hehehehe, you sound like there will be no demerits for physicians in the event of privatization. How much do locum docs earn in the private sector?
Residents and intern docs will either pay fees or have a very large chunk of their salaries slashed out. Good business for the private owners.
Go learn how Fashola casualized your jobs after sacking about 300 of them. That's just a tip of what privatization bring with it.

You can't intimidate a Scientist with automation, autoanalyses didn't start here in Nigeria, and in the countries where it started there is a dearth of Scientists in there medical laboratory. Go check the immigration and permanent resident policy of Canada, U.S and Aussie. These professionals are prioritized in there immigration schemes. Automation hasn't filled those large gap. Moreover those machines will only give you a garbage in, garbage out results without a Scientist, running QC with the LJ chart during QC, calibrate, so many factors before adopting whatever results come out from those machines. Microbiology/parasitolgy have been difficult to automate even with DNA-PCR technique, go find out why thousands out medically important organism, species, sub-species and other factors.The opportunities for Scientists abound. Nobody's is fazed.

Again, with total privatization your JUMBO pay addicted residents and interns won't find it easy, and a health business owner may not be a able to afford to keep our JUMBO physician-consultants. Many will have to look elsewhere. So you won't be immune to the tsunami.

Think again.

Well history says u lie,so I beliv dz z all lies as usual
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 9:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

Dr ade, i've desisted from quoting you as you couldn't handle your emotions in of your previous submissions.

Let me show you something, below is an excerpt from a secret letter written by resident doctors under ARD UCH to NMA, it somehow found it's way to the public. No more free lessons, google these key words "ard uch accuse Johesu of bribing politicians"

All i see is a letter painted all over with insecurity, fear, distress, panic and anxiety.

Concentrate on the bolded

1.Why are they afraid of having their payslips fall into JOHESU's hands, they don't even trust their spouse and parents with those payslips, how far can one go to protect a stolen booty.

2. Your renowned consultants can earn millions, i really don't care, but residents and medical interns have no business earning more than our Senior Scientists, Pharmacists, Physios. They can earn better than Scientist interns other interns in JOHESU, not the experienced one. It's not done anywhere in the countries we borrowed our health systems and look up to.
I tot u said u hv the payslips,now ur quoting some unfounded information that has no basis whatsoever.i repeat stop making assumptions,conjectures,just give us the facts as I did give u. And then we ll shut up henceforth,otherwise we r gonna hv to keep calling u a liar.
And everyone keeps telling u interns don't make more Dan dem.u disagreed but u did not prove urself.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by armadeo(m): 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2014
youhealthhlabs i have come to the conclusion that your issue is about money not health standards. you keep harping about HOs salary and payslip i thought this discussion had moved beyond that.

no one earns what u say at that level.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by babat89: 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2014
@ 'Dr' yourhealthlabs:
I admit ur intelligent.

But u are a slimy, two-faced, pathological liar!
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 05, 2014
drobadebayo:
I tot u said u hv the payslips,now ur quoting some unfounded information that has no basis whatsoever.i repeat stop making assumptions,conjectures,just give us the facts as I did give u. And then we ll shut up henceforth,otherwise we r gonna hv to keep calling u a liar.
And everyone keeps telling u interns don't make more Dan dem.u disagreed but u did not prove urself.

You've not told us why your residents and interns are afraid of having their payslips in the public sphere or did i conjure this one too?
They even hide their playslips from relatives to protect their Jumbo pay.It's not a LIE.

Google is free and easy.
I don't need to post the payslips anymore, the residents i quoted have vindicated me.

JOHESU are not the ones making demands, FG have met the few ones we've ask for(though nobody has debated earning more than interns/ residents). We will only include it in our next agenda if there is a rescind of the FG-Johesu agreement.

The information is not unfounded that's the source. Let the world judge and see who the liar is.

www.medicalworldnigeria.com/2014/04/association-of-resident-doctors-uch-accuses-johesu-nuahp-of-bribing-abuja-politicians
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 05, 2014
armadeo: youhealthhlabs i have come to the conclusion that your issue is about money not health standards. you keep harping about HOs salary and payslip i thought this discussion had moved beyond that.

no one earns what u say at that level.

JOHESU is as passionate for health standards as you are(or seem to be). That's why they refer to those advanced countries, you always refer to whenever you go on incessant strikes to double your salaries.

If every medical intern starts earning 500K, we all know you'll forget about 'standards' and rush back to the hospital. The 'standard' you keep quoting is a smokescreen to achieve pecuniary gains. Everyone sees through that.

To be very sincere it's all politics and both sides are guilty of it, but if that politics will bring the international standard we crave,fine.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 11:33am On Jul 05, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

You've not told us why your residents and interns are afraid of having their payslips in the public sphere or did i conjure this one too?
They even hide their playslips from relatives to protect their Jumbo pay.It's not a LIE.

Google is free and easy.
I don't need to post the payslips anymore, the residents i quoted have vindicated me.

JOHESU are not the ones making demands, FG have met the few ones we've ask for(though nobody has debated earning more than interns/ residents). We will only include it in our next agenda if there is a rescind of the FG-Johesu agreement.

The information is not unfounded that's the source. Let the world judge and see who the liar is.

www.medicalworldnigeria.com/2014/04/association-of-resident-doctors-uch-accuses-johesu-nuahp-of-bribing-abuja-politicians
Everyone following this thread carefully will see thru your lies,one moment u say the payslips are public and u can show us,now ur saying u don't need to show us but we should beliv u anyways. We r not fools we want facts,if ur claim is right prove it to us. That's all we ask. Doctors don't go around snooping through other people's payslips,so why snoop through ours.
So because UCH residents are preventg u to snoop through deir payslips,u decided to assume they make exactly 400% more than pharmacists and nurses.Ur funny
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 11:48am On Jul 05, 2014
This is very simple Yourhealthlabs,its time to stop playing with words nd give facts.Post the residents payslips,the nurses,PTs and pharms.For heavens sake u claimed to hv dem. And den we cn reason with you. Plus u ll get that sympathy you crave.
But am guessing u don't hv any payslips, nor do u know how much anybody earns. u were told stuffs and u didn't verify before coming here to post those lies,what does that make you?
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by armadeo(m): 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
healthlabs guy has run from this thread. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Blackchampion(m): 11:28am On Jul 07, 2014
I was diagnosed with glaucoma last year, though d Dr. said he was not sure exactly what it was, as i have been to the state hospital 3times. Doctors in d house cud u pls suggest an eye drop for me as the Timoptol am using seems not to be working.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Peaceworld(m): 1:39pm On Feb 28, 2015
drobadebayo:

So who should decide when other members come in.lets use a case of someone that presented to the emergency room with stroke.dat person is admitted by d doc on call,resuscitated.now dt doc decides wen he needs CAT scan(radiology),blood analysis(labs),drugs(pharms),regular turng,odas(nursing) nd den rehabilitation(physio),in some cases psychiatrists.not all patients need all dese people,so it's d doc that dictates wen every oda person comes in.#teamwork led by d doc.Our problem is that we r not working as a team,becos we think someone is superior nd one is inferior.

Funny that you should write this, because once a patient has stroke, a physiotherapist should come in for his assessment immediately. IT IS NOT FOR A DOCTOR TO DECIDE, BECAUSE HIS OWN ASSESSMENT WILL NEVER OVERWRITE THE PHYSIOTHERAPISTS' AND I'VE SEEN MANY INSTANCES WHERE THE DOCTOR WASN'T AS THOROUGH AS HE SHOULD AND THE PATIENT CAME OUT THE WORST FOR IT. WE SHOULD TRY TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TEAM LEADER AND A TEAM DICTATOR ABI NA MILITARY DICTATOR? LOL...
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 12:55am On Mar 01, 2015
Peaceworld:

Funny that you should write this, because once a patient has stroke, a physiotherapist should come in for his assessment immediately. IT IS NOT FOR A DOCTOR TO DECIDE, BECAUSE HIS OWN ASSESSMENT WILL NEVER OVERWRITE THE PHYSIOTHERAPISTS' AND I'VE SEEN MANY INSTANCES WHERE THE DOCTOR WASN'T AS THOROUGH AS HE SHOULD AND THE PATIENT CAME OUT THE WORST FOR IT. WE SHOULD TRY TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TEAM LEADER AND A TEAM DICTATOR ABI NA MILITARY DICTATOR? LOL...
U r still on this matter!well I never said d physiotherapist shouldn't come in as at wen due,but he definitely won't be d first contact nor d one to Mk d diagnosis.Professionals make mistakes all over d world
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by sundaymike59: 2:49am On Mar 01, 2015
Get The Most Effective Herbal Drugs That Cures Weak Erection. RANDY is very effective drug in stopping premature ejaculation,giving you a hard erection that last on and on is now in town. it is made of the highest quality of herbal ingredient,carefully­ tested and homogenized by a team of dedicated scientist. Test it and become one more of its testimony. the good news is that it has no side effect.....call +2347039656182.....h­ome delivery nation wide.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 2:04am On Jun 02, 2019
My husband rates this illustration very delightful! cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lady Expecting A Girl Shares Touching Video After Losing Her Pregnancy / Things You Must Know About The As Ac Sc Ss And Cc Genotype / Lagos Records 2 COVID-19 Deaths

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.