Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:33 PM

Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks (1037 Views)

10 Rules Guys Must Adhere To When Chatting With Girls On Social Networks / Why Do Ladies Ignore Their Male Friends On Social Networks? / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by ITbomb(m): 7:27am On Jul 01, 2014
I read stories of girls being molested by a person she met online and some others complaining of being betrayed after years of online relationship.
My question

Is social media (Facebook, BBM, WhatsApp, Badoo, 2go) not just an avenue to meet people, exchange contact and, if compatible, start a real offline relationship?
Why would a responsible person fall in love with an online picture and a voice at the end of the other line.
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by ITbomb(m): 9:36am On Jul 01, 2014
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by phlemzy: 9:51am On Jul 01, 2014
Those that met thru one of such social media and eventually got married were never irresponsible people. Its about the persons involved and wat they want to make of it.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by Yemlizzy(f): 10:09am On Jul 01, 2014
Different strokes for different strokes. People who date online via any of the social networks derive pleasure in it.
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by princesa(f): 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
Plus its real people - good and bad- who open these accounts at the other end. Not machines or zombies.

Anything is therefore possible. The way humanity function is dynamic and sometimes shocking. So don't blame people who fall in love with voices and pictures, afterall they are representation - even if the tiniest - of the people at the 'other end' of their computer or phone.

It all ends in the application of wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by ITbomb(m): 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
princesa: Plus its real people - good and bad- who open these accounts at the other end. Not machines or zombies.

Not all of them are real people dear, there are guys posing as girls, or a real guy luring a girl to be molested by his friends
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by princesa(f): 4:22pm On Jul 01, 2014
ITbomb:

Not all of them are real people dear, there are guys posing as girls, or a real guy luring a girl to be molested by his friends
that's where the clause 'good and bad' comes in. Some have met their fortune here, and others their misfortune.

1 Like

Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 01, 2014
I always bristle when I hear stories of people meeting online and carrying on some kind of e-love affair

I don't get how people 'fall in love' with someone's online personality
Many times, I have heard from people and I have experienced myself the inconsistency between someone's online and real life personality
They seem to have this magnificent online personality and when you meet them in real life, they suck

Maybe I am a cynic but I just don't feel that kind of interest from someone I've never met is genuine or healthy
There is something off about it to me
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by jplay(m): 9:38pm On Jul 01, 2014
phlemzy: Those that met thru one of such social media and eventually got married were never irresponsible people. Its about the persons involved and wat they want to make of it.
gbam
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by ITbomb(m): 2:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
And it is happening again
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2014
hmmm....
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by dytbabe: 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2014
It is a first step, meet somewhere, start somewhere.
It depends on the parties involved
As for me LDR sucks
Do live dating, at least get to see urselves more often, not the once a year thingy
Person go jst die of konji, the wicked hormone that makes one nag and possessive
Hian

2 Likes

Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by ITbomb(m): 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
dytbabe:
Person go jst die of konji, the wicked hormone that makes one nag and possessive

Hian
shocked shocked shocked
No wonder
I now get it
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by abolade62: 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
zeemoore: I always bristle when I hear stories of people meeting online and carrying on some kind of e-love affair

I don't get how people 'fall in love' with someone's online personality
Many times, I have heard from people and I have experienced myself the inconsistency between someone's online and real life personality
They seem to have this magnificent online personality and when you meet them in real life, they suck

Maybe I am a cynic but I just don't feel that kind of interest from someone I've never met is genuine or healthy
There is something off about it to me

Touche
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
phlemzy: Those that met thru one of such social media and eventually got married were never irresponsible people. Its about the persons involved and wat they want to make of it.
I couldn't agree more.

1 Like

Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
abolade62:
Touche
Abolade, give me a breathing space, biko
I'm done being nice to you
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by abolade62: 5:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
zeemoore:
Abolade, give me a breathing space, biko
I'm done being nice to you
Oh I'm sorry. Do take care.
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by Tymax(m): 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
dytbabe: It is a first step, meet somewhere, start somewhere.
It depends on the parties involved
As for me LDR sucks
Do live dating, at least get to see urselves more often, not the once a year thingy
Hian
Priceless advice. But dem nor go hear word. angry LDR affects the heart. It's not a healthy choice. angry
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
Tymax:
Priceless advice. But dem nor go hear word. angry LDR affects the heart. It's not a healthy choice. angry
abeg,wats LDR
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by ITbomb(m): 7:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
temigracie: abeg,wats LDR
Long Distance Relationship LDR
That one you go dey for one side for fone dey sing I love you everyday while the girl dey dance sekem for the other side, una go meet once a year
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
ITbomb:
Long Distance Relationship LDR
That one you go dey for one side for fone dey sing I love you everyday while the girl dey dance sekem for the other side, una go meet once a year
lol...tanks bro...
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by Tymax(m): 8:50pm On Jul 23, 2014
temigracie: abeg,wats LDR
Long distance relationship
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
Tymax:
Long distance relationship
okay,sir
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by Tymax(m): 8:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
temigracie: okay,sir
Okay Grandma tongue
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
Tymax:
Okay Grandma tongue
grandma ke!!!....tse u want me to beat u abi??
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by clear1: 1:21am On Jul 24, 2014
:-XSh!t all over[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by Bidex6444(m): 9:55am On Jul 24, 2014
Well, there's nothing bad with online date just that we Nigerians always abuse all this stuff. The rate of breakup you'll experience is higher than the possibilities. Also, some ladies do scam with it by asking for money ,cards etc. If you meet anyone online don't be carrried away by sweet voice or mails they send to you try and meet them in person cos it may not be your kind of babe. Just be wise in all

1 Like

Re: Dating Or Just Meeting 'datable' People On Social Networks by ITbomb(m): 10:25am On Jul 24, 2014
Bidex6444: If you meet anyone online don't be carrried away by sweet voice or mails they send to you try and meet them in person cos it may not be your kind of babe. Just be wise in all
Exactly, online stuff should be just to get the person's bio, likes, circle of friends and ultimately contact, not to develop feelings for an avatar

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Things I Love About Simon. / Craziest, Stupidest Things We Have Done For Love / Couples Married For 62 Years Dies Holding Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.