Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,818 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:26 AM

The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. (9620 Views)

Dedicated To The Best- Cute Sister Tiffanyj! / The Reluctant Bride / Child Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lovers of Tiffanyj's Te relunctant bride here is it..
She has allowed me to post it on her behalf,,,and I will be doing that in a jiffy..
Wine and dine- sensibly- for the story is about to begin again
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by hebenz(m): 2:10pm On Jul 01, 2014
from the beginning
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2014
hebenz: from the beginning
yes bro..
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2014
CHAPTER ONE
Tara stood in front of her mother's little flat, her weekend bag in her right hands with mixed feelings. This house so much reminds her of the step father who never wanted her, she remembered vividly, how he often told her that she is a jinx to everyone around. Tara tried not to think that she was the reason her mum suffered in her stepfather's hand. Well, it wasn't her fault that her dad died when her mum was pregnant for her,was it? She was jerked back to reality when she heard someone shouting.
'fine girl'
she turn around and saw Daniel, their neighbour and family friend.Daniel, although twenty six, already looks thirty two. He is of average height, fat, wit a pot belly and a back side too big for a man. His eyes, as usual, are red and his face dangerous. Tara wondered how a responsible man will be already drunk at 9am. Daniel irritates her, he fancy himself in love with her, but she knows better-Daniel is a cad and a bunder. He told her in no uncertain terms that they shall get married...whether she likes it or not.
'you dont seem happy to see me, my sweet'
Daniel look her from head to toe, Tara, at twenty four, looks eighteen, she is an inch or two above five feet, fair in complexion with a perfect oval face, big intelligent eyes, ful lips, high cheek bones, and a set of perfect white teeth. Her neck is long and delicate. Tara has the kind of body and shape that make men stare at her hungrily. She is an hourglass with a measurement of 36-26-36. Her shoulders are high and she has a beautiful smile. Her bosoms are a little big for her small form, but firm and tempting. Her male coursemates in school consider her the sexiest female in class. Her step father insisted that her beauty is a shame and disgrace, not that Tara ever understood what he meant by those words.
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 01, 2014
'Tara is home!'
Tara heard her little step sister's voice from the other side of the road. She turn around and saw Shan, runing excitedly towards her! Shan, unlike Tara is tall, she is already too tall for her age, with long legs and a beautiful face. Tara always told her twelve years old sister, that she is growing into the most beautiful woman in the family. Shan fling her hands around Tara and this gesture nearly knock them on the ground. Tara can see small buds from her little sister's chest.
'oh my goodness shan, you've outgrowened me already, look, you are almost a young lady'.
Shan look shyly at Daniel and giggle.
'Shan?' Cried Tara, 'why will mummy summon me home from schools?'
" I realy don't know.' replied shan.
'come, i have alot to tell you. How zaria?'
'zaria is good and so is school, and by the way, why are you not in school today, shan?
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by TiffanyJ(f): 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
Tnx alot Divepen for helping me post this work. U can't imagine just how grateful i am for your help.
I will begin my next book immediately you are through posting this. I intend to name it 'The Scandalous Bride'. It will be the next bride series after Tara and Jordan's story. Linda will sure be a scandal to the Joseph family.
Divepen, please take your time to post this. Don't rush. Do it at your convenience. Divepen, there is a typo error in the title. It's reluctant and not reluntant.
Readers, i pray and hope you find this work interesting. Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Paradise163(f): 10:29am On Jul 02, 2014
TiffanyJ: Tnx alot Divepen for helping me post this work. U can't imagine just how grateful i am for your help.
I will begin my next book immediately you are through posting this. I intend to name it 'The Scandalous Bride'. It will be the next bride series after Tara and Jordan's story. Linda will sure be a scandal to the Joseph family.
Divepen, please take your time to post this. Don't rush. Do it at your convenience. Divepen, there is a typo error in the title. It's reluctant and not reluntant.
Readers, i pray and hope you find this work interesting. Enjoy!
For me to get this work, I had to search for it on Google. I am still with you dear. Pretty soon you'll get all your followers back. Divepen thanks for helping
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2014
'Tara! Oh God, i miss you so much'
Tara heared her mum's voice and turn towards her for a warm hug. Daniel muttered greetings to mrs Annabel David and walked away but not before winking at Tara who pretended not to see him.
'Goodness mum, whats wrong? Are you ill?'
unlike Tara, mrs Annabel is tall , fair and plump. Tara only inherited her mum's big intelligent eyes and fairness, aside that, the two look like strangers!
'I'm fine my baby, just that am missing your step father'
Tara doesnt miss the man at all, but she feels bad for her mum who is widowed at fourty one with little or nothing to keep the household runing. Her mum and step father only have an issue, Shan, and Tara loves her too much to see her suffer.They entered the living room and Tara went straight to the tiny room she shares with Shan. Everything was spoteless, ofcouse, shan is obsess with neatness. When Shan's father died a year ago and her mum realised there is nothing left for her and her daughters, except for this little flat, she used up her life savings and send Tara to the University, in the hope that when she is through , four years later, she can then sponsor Shan who is now in jss2.
'when you were a child, you were quite a handfull, now you are all grown up'
Tara turn around, smile at her mum and replyed,
'you are sneaking up on me again!'
Her mum walked into the room. Mrs Annabel wasn't smiling at all, she looks misrable. Alarm bells began ringing in Tara's head...something is definately wrong.
'mum, what is wrong?'
'I Want to have a talk with you, sit down'
Tara sat on Shan's bed and her mum did same.
'Tara, sweetheart, am sorry, i have failed you and shan as a mother...please forgive me'.
Tara shifted uncomfortably closer to her mum, why is mum saying all these? Tara thought.
'mum,Tara began speakin, 'you are the best mother Shan and i can ever hope for, please tell me what the problem is, am an adult, i wil be twenty four in a few days, please, don't shut me out'
Mrs Annabel burst into tears!
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2014
'my baby, i cant afford your school fees anymore, you have to to quit school' her mum blurt out.
'But mum, I thought you said there is more than enough money for me to graduate? What happened to the money?' Tara asked her mum in shock.
'I had some visitors last week, David put up this house as collateral in collecting loan from the bank. I don't know what he did with the money,but the bank is taking the house and everything in it. We have two weeks to vacate this place' her mum sob quietly,
' David died in debt, i gave out the remaining money left for your school to his partner, James.The car your step father died in was actually not paid in full. I had to pay it off'
Tara is stun,'how could he do this to you? How much did you pay for the car, mum?'
'I paid him two hundred thousand naira'
'Does Shan knows about all these?' Tara asked her mum.
'I couldn't bring myself to tell Shan that her beloved father left us with nothing except debts'
Tara had always hated the man. He treated her like a piece of trash and called her a mistake. If only she knows what that meant, but her mum never talk about her dad, she said its too painful to remember and Tara simply stopped askin the many questions she has for her mum. She doesn't even know her father's relatives and her mum always insists that they are never meant to be part of their lives. Whenever Tara insists, her mother gets upset and freak out. Tara had no choice but to conclude that her father's relative must have hurt her mum so much that the mere mention of them makes her mum go hysterical!
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
Paradise163:
For me to get this work, I had to search for it on Google. I am still with you dear. Pretty soon you'll get all your followers back. Divepen thanks for helping
u r welcome ma..

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2014
Tara will herself back to reality. Her mum look tired, and sad.
'mum, where will we be living now?' Tara never wanted to ask this question but she has to. I have rented a self contain flat at Narayi, here in kaduna. We pack in, next week thursday'
'jeez, mum, so soon? Any ways, i can always get a job and help in the upkeep of the house and Shan's school fees' 'what about my school fees?' Tara turn to the door, Shan is coming briskly and excitedly into the room.Her face so cheerful. Mrs Annabel stood up,
'I'm so tired girls, I will be in my room resting'.
She bend down and kiss Shan on the cheek before walking out of the room. Shan look straight into Tara smiling face and asked,
,what did you and mum talked about and why are you discusing my school fees? What is the problem? Mum has not been herself lately, are you hiding something from me?'
Tara look affectionately at her sister
'no, ofcourse, why ever will you think that?'
Shan laugh and fling her slim arms around Tara and whisper in her ear
'I miss you so much, am glad you are home'
Tara whispers back
'I'm glad am home too'
'sorry, miss, we have nothing for you here'. Tara look dejectedly at the elderly woman, she is finding it extremely difficult to get a job.
'okey ma, thanks anyway, here is my phone number, please let me know if you need me'.
Tara quickly scrap her number and name in a piece of paper and gave it to the woman.
'I will give you a call as soon as there is vacancy'
'Thanks ma' whispered Tara as she walks out of the super market. Tara was hoping to be a sales girl at the supermarket but it seems shes just not lucky. Her mum is ill, she knows but there is no money to take her to the hospital. She desperately needs a job to help pay Shan's fees. Without a job,how can Shan go back to school?
They are moving out of the flat in three days and she is yet to tell shan about it.Shan loves the flat so much that Tara knows she will be heartbroken to suddenly have to leav.
Tara walk down the street hoping to see a sign indicating the need for a sales girl...or maybe, she can teach! Yes, Tara decide to search for a teaching job with her secondary school certificate in a private school. That will be good,afteral, she loves children and knows that she is going to cope with them jst fine, it definately will be fun.
She smile, then laugh, and then walk home quickly to get her credentials ready. Tara, so excited, didn't see the car coming, she turn, shout, close her eyes and pray for a miracle as the car came to a stop two feets away from her!
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
Tara, shaking like a leaf, heard a door opend, followed by footsteps.
'Are you silly? If you want to die, buy a gun and shoot yourself'
She snap her eyes open only to be greeted by a man-a very angry man.
'I'm so sorry mr, I was in such a haste I didnt...'
The man cut her short!
'sorry for yourself,are you an ? Can't you see? What kind of a lady are you anyway?'
Tara became angry instantly, although she knows she is wrong, the man does not have the right to talk to her so. Who the hell does he think he is?
'look here mr,how dare you talk to me like this? I demand an apology'
'you what?you are rude and so inconsiderate, you nearly give me a heart attack and you want me to apologize?'
Tara, for the first time really look at the man, jeez, he is so handsome, dark and very tall, he should be a little above six feet. She guess, he is in his late twenties or even early thirties. Tara wonder how a man can be so handsome! His eyes speaks intelligence and experiance. His lips, God help her, look so irresistable. Everything about his attire cries money. Tara realise that this man, whoever he is, must have been born with a silver spoon. She gaze at his expensive clothes to his Gucci wrist watch and wish she had put on something better instead of the black jean, pink sleevles top and black pumps.
Suddenly,she felt his big hands, on her shoulders, shaking her relentlessly. She is force back to reality and this annoy her.
'I am talking to you, answer me, damn you!'
The man fuel her anger.
'Get your stinking hands off my person'. She shot back
'you have no manners, therefore, i have nothing to apologize to you'
Tara, hissed and started walking away only to realise that they have caused quite a stir.people were watching them as if they are shooting a movie. Her anger knows no bound when she felt his hands on her. She was totally unprepared for what came next.
'come back right here'
she heard him say, dragging her back!
'you are so shameless, if I were your brother, i would hav spanked you, but am not, and am glad, cause you are such a bimbo'
He let go of her wrist and storm angrily to his black saloon. He glared at her before driving away.
How dare him! She heard an elderly man from the crowd say something about children of nowadays. Tara walk home to her mother and Shan.
She enters the flat and find both shan and her mum watching the 4pm news.
,Am home! Good evening mum'
welcome my dear, any luck today?' her mum asked.
'No, but worry not, i intend geting a teaching' Shan look confuse.
'Shan, come here, I need to tell you something'
'What is it Ta?'
'you see, Shan, we are now very broke and mum can't afford our fees. Am searching for a job to help in the upkeep of the house'
'But Ta, why are we suddenly broke? Didn't daddy leave us some money?'
she looks so innocent asking these questions. Tara decides this is the time to to tell Shan the truth.
'Shan, we no longer own this house, your daddy sold it. We shall relocate to a flat mummy rented for us within the week'
Shan began crying.
How can daddy do this to us? I'm not leaving, this is my home'
'it's not your home anymore. Your daddy had his reasons, don't speak ill of the dead'
Shan, ran tearfully to their bedroom. Tara made to follow her, but their mum stop her.
'let her cry it outTara, she will come around,she is a smart kid'
Tara realise that her mum is right. She made up her mind not to tell her mother the encounter she had with the handsome stranger.
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by TiffanyJ(f): 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2014
Paradise163:
tnk you dear. Hope you are good
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Paradise163(f): 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2014
TiffanyJ:
tnk you dear. Hope you are good

yea am cool. Stay cool too

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Tennyesty: 11:29pm On Jul 02, 2014
I really missed dis story,,but tank God is back #still following
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by TiffanyJ(f): 4:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
Tennyesty: I really missed dis story,,but tank God is back #still following
lol... Hope you are doing great?
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 04, 2014
CHAPTER TWO
'wakey wakey! Sleepy head, its morning already. Ta, come on, it's your birthday!'
Tara slowly open her eyes to see Shan bubbling over with excitement.
'Happy birthday Ta, come on, take a bath, mum and I have a suprise for you'
Tara remember the happenings of the previous evening and Shan's reaction.The change in Shan intrigue Tara!
'shan, what happened? You were quite upset last evening'
Shan sigh and replyed,
'while you were asleep, mum and I had a talk. She told me that family is more important than anything, we are family, and we have each other, therefore, this flat can never be compared to the bound we share!'
'oh Shan, you are such a darling! Never you forget that mum and I love you, and we shal always be there for you'
' I'm sorry i walked out on you yesterday, now i know that, we are family and together we shall have all we ever wanted'
shan hug Tara and quickly dash out of the room. Yes, Shan is a smart kid, Tara laughs.
Tara quickly took off her nightie, got into the bathroom, brush her teeth and had a quick bath. She apply cream on her body, put on her bra and panties, open her box and decide on a pair of red jean and a black T-shirt. She comb her long black hair back and apply a lip balm. She looks so young and innocent without makeup.
She made for the kitchen smiling
'something smells good!' she can't believe just how hungry she is
'mum, goodmorning'
her mum rush to her for a big hug.
'Happy birthday my love'
'I love you too mum, is that for me?'
Tara stare at the beautifully decorated cake on the table.
'Did you bake it?'
'we baked it last night, you were already asleep'
'I'm glad you did this for me' Tara exclaim.
' we are glad we have you' cried Shan.
Tara made a breakfast of oatmeal , they drank it with the cake her mum baked. They ate, laugh, make jokes and try to forget that they are moving out the next day.
After breakfast, Tara help Shan tidy up the kitchen an wash the dishes while their mum decides to rest in her room.
Tara decides to watch a cartoon she brought with her from school.
'what is the title?' shan asked.
'It is called 'tango me',come, lets watch, am sure you will love it'
They sat side by side and were soon engross in the cartoon whey they suddenly heard a knock on the door.
Tara hope its not Daniel because she's not in the mood for his nonsense.
She snap the door open. This is definately not Daniel, who is this man? She asked herself
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 04, 2014
'Do you know that you have two elder brothers?'
Tara, sitting at the passenger seat of her father's jeep made no effort to answer the question. She simply choose to ignor the man.
'I will not tolerate this rudeness young lady. I will tame you even if its the last thing i do'
Tara remain mute. She watch as her father drive past the NYSC orientation camp and realised for the first time that they are at the outskirt of kaduna. She is now alone.
She will soon meet a new family she never knew existed.
What if her step mother hate her and treat her like a piece of trash, the same way Shan's father did?
Tara had never left kaduna. She had lived all her twenty four years in kaduna. Now, she is leaving.
She will be damn to let it known that she is scared. And she is already missing her mother and Shan.
'we are here'
Tara had been so engrossed in her thoughts that she didnt see them enter Abuja.
Her father pack his car infront of a house with a big red gate. She alight, remove her suitcase from the car and follow her father inside.
Her father knock and a man of about fifty opens the gate.
'Goodafternon sir' cried the security man
'Afternoon James, is Henry at home?'
'He just drove in, sir'
'Thats good. Take this suitcase in'
Tara hand over her suitcase to the security man.
A red sallon is packed at the right hand side of the house. The house looks so quite that Tara wonder if people actually inhabit the place.
The palour is decorated in red and white colour. The cushions are red in colour. The tiles in the room are milk with a see through glass center table.
The place looks so perfect and spotless it intrigue Tara.
At the other side of the room is a bar. Tara although doesnt drink, finds herself wondering if the bar contents the best of wine, brandy and champaigne.
'you did not tell me you are coming back today'
'Henry, is this how to greet your father?'
'welcme dad, oh my goodness! Who the hell is this?'
'who do you think she is?'
Anthony asked his son with a smile.
'is she the lost daughter you went to get in kaduna?'
Henry asked in shock
'yes, her name is Tara'
'Dad, she looks just like grandmother. Wow, wait until charlse sees her'
Tara look at her brother, he is the direct image of their father. In him, she sees a younger version of her father.
They are still discusing her like she is not there. This infuriates her.
'helo, am here and i can hear you. So stop discussing me like I'm not here'
'you see, this brat here, not only resembles your grandmother, she's got her temper and stronged will'.
'Daddy, she is not a brat, good God she is already a grownup'
Henry turn to her. He smiles and immediately melts Tara's heart.
'please forgive my manners, I am your brother. I must say I'm glad to have you as my sister'
Tara nearly laugh out loud. It seems she will get on well with this brother of hers. He is so easy to like.
Anthony clears his throat and announced
'I have an important meeting in Porthacurt. I leave Tara in your care for now'
'ok daddy, this will give us ample time to get to know ourselves'
'Just tell your playboys friends to stay the hell away from her'.
'never you worry about them daddy'
Anthony's tone becomes serious
'I'm warning you Henry, i don't want any story'
'come on dad, am not a kid, please'.
Anthony sigh!
'if you say so. Goobye to you too'.
After his goodbyes, he stroll out of the house.
'Henry glance at Tara, she doesnt look happy at all. She looks drawn, tired and sad.
Henry is determine to change that look.
He hug her tightly and said,
welcome to the family'
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
Jordan stroll into the palour and finds his mother watching her favourite Telenovella, La Patrona.
Jordan always wonders what good comes from watching these soap operas. It baffles him that his mum creates time from 9pm to 10pm everyday watching some craps.
He went straight to his room for a quick bath. He thought of Henry and the suprise he had say will be waiting for him.
Although Jordan is curios, he is already too tired to drive down to Henry's, so he just drove home from work.
Tomorrow, he shall create time for that suprise.
Jordan emerge from the bathroom with only a towel covering his lower parts.
'sweetheart, i have been waiting for you'
he heard a female voice say. He turn to his bed, lo and behold is a semi unclad woman. She looks so sexy and beautiful his mouth suddenly went dry. She is putting on a see through red lingarie showing off her firm smooth bosom.
'Honey, come, i can make you the happiest man tonight' he heard her say.
'who are you?' he asked
'Amanda' she replied softly
Jordan would have taken what is so freely given but he finds himself comparing her with the little vixen he encountered in kaduna.
No, this lady doesn't bring out the man in him. The mere thought of that vixen sets him on fire.
Again, he thought of his mother downstairs. She will definately have a fit if she ever finds out that her sweet Amanda so shamelessly offer herself to him.
Although Jordan is a playboy and a rogue, he respects his mother so much that he doesn't bring his ladies home. He also made a rule to stay away from female guests and maids in the house.
This lady so looks like a slut he feels so sorry for her.
'get the hell away from my room' he barked
'come on sweet. Your mum doesn't have to know this' she pouted.
'you have ten seconds to leave my room, i assure you, i won't hesitate to throw you out'
she slowly left the bed and and made for him. Jordan dodge, Amanda falls face down on the expensive carpet.
He quickly remove a pair of jean and shirt from his drawers, get dress and left in anger.
Downtairs, the telenovela his mum is watching has just come to an end.
'oh dear, you are back. How was your day?'
'mum, what is Amanda still doing in this house?'
he asked his mother.
'I told her to stay here for as long as she pleases'.
'well mum, i don't wan't her here. Kindly tell her to move out'
Jordan said in control anger
'Jordan Junior Edward, this is also my house and you are not my husband to tell me who i can or cannot invite here'
Jordan sense that his mum is angry but he also knows that he can't live in thesame roof with that Amanda girl.
'mother, please, for once, do this for me'
'Jordan, for once do something for me too. You are already thirty two without a wife or children. Do me this favour and settle down with a woman'
Jordan simply retrive his car keys from where he kept them and walked out. He can barely control his anger.
He decides to drive to his favourite spot for a drink. Instead of a bottle, Jordan had four.
He drives to Henry's flat and let himself in with the spare key at his disposal.
Henry lives in a two bedroom flat and Jordan always occupy the second room whenever he is around.
He clumsily enter the room, it was dark. He made no effort to switch on the light. He removes his clothes and fell on the bed.
There is a girl in the bed. He touch her, she opens her eyes. He saw fear in them.
Jordan's eyes gets adjusted to the darkness. This girl so much reminds him of his vixen.
Today is his lucky day, This must be Henry's suprise for him. Damn Amanda, he is gonna enjoy this night to its fullest.
He takes a good look at the girl. She seems to b feigning innocence. Most of them do.
Jordan is more than sure there is no ounce of innocence in this girl. Henry knows that virgins are not Jordan's type, he won't offer a virgin to him.
He draws the cover away from her and realised she is only puting on an oversize T shirt and panties.
The girl fights him like her life depends on it.
Although Jordan is very drunk, he tries to gather his scattered wits.
He needs to go slowly with her. The girl choose that moment to let out a scream.
He quickly covers her mouth with his while his other hands do justice to her shirt.
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
Henry had told her he will not be spending the night at home. He had instructed her to luck up all the doors and windows in the house.
Tara didn't make the attempt of asking her brother where he will be spending the night. Afterall, Tara concluded that its non of her business and Henry is an adult.
Henry had also told her that he keeps money in a drawer close to his bed, she is free to take some if the need arises.
He had apologized again for having to leave her alone on her second day in Abuja but had promised to take her on a tour around the capital.
As soon as Henry left, Tara had called her mother and realised that they are coping with her absence. She had promised to visit them soon and was trying to tell them about Henry when she realised that her airtime has been exausted.
She had walked to the kitchen and made a supper of spagetti which she followed with a chilled power of five from the fridge.
Her brother seems to be very neat and organised. Tara quickly did the dishes.
She felt so tired and decided to retire early. She quicky lucked up the door and had a bath.
She decided to sleep in the oversize T shirt Shan had given her on her twenty second birthday.
Immediately she hit the bed, Tara began sleeping
Suddenly, she felt someone on the bed with her. At first, Tara thought she was dreaming.
The person touched her, the hands were big... too big to be Shan's or her mother's
she snap her eyes open and find herself staring at a man.
Tara was too astonish to even make a sound or say a word pray. The man touch her again and fear gripped her for the first time.
She kicked and fought to no avail. The man is simply too strong for her.
Tara, let out a scream. She knew it was a foolhardy thing to do as no one will hear her. She screamed again but the man covered her mouth with his.
Tara couldn't breath, she fought for air and thought she will die.
When the man caught her two hands captive with his his left hand then used his right hands to touch her bosom, she nearly threw up the spaggetti she had eaten.
She felt alchohol in his breath.
Hot tears rolled down her cheeks. She felt so feeble and frustrated.
When she felt a sharp pain, Tara nearly fainted.
She lay there, while the man abused her. When he was through, he immediately fell off her and started snoring.
Tara had slowly and painfully left the bed. She felt so brused and humiliated.
She went to the bathroom and threw up her supper. She had another bath and scrubbed her body until it hurts.
She dressed in a pair of jeans and a tank top and slowly walked out of the flat.
She was crying and didnt see the black saloon parked in the compound.
At the gate, the security man was snoring. Tara let herself out and walked blindly away. She just wanna get as far away from the flat as she could.
His head hurts like craize. It feels as if someone is pounding yam on his head. Jordan slowly open his eyes and sees a ray of sunshine. He check the time and realised its already 10am. Damn he is late for work.
Something doesn't feels right. He thought of the previous evening then freeze.
'what have i done?'
he remembered vividly how he had Molested a lady. Jordan has never forced himself on a woman before.
He feels so ashame of his behaviour he nearly wept. He wonder alloud why Henry offered a virgin to him. Virgins are not even his type.
He shudders when he remember the fear in her eyes. He made a mental note to look for the girl, apologize to her then pay her a handsome sum of money.
Good God, he didn't even use protection. He had broken three of his rule, for the first time last night.
'Jordan, what are you doing here?' he heard Henry asked.
'oh Henry, goodmorng. Why did you give me such a suprise? He asked
' Jordan, where the hell is Tara?'
'Henry, who the hell is Tara'?
'oh the lady you brought to me as a gift? Why in the hell did you offer me a virgin?'
'what virgin! What are you talking abt jo? Wait, you did'nt sleep with Tara. Did you?' Henry asked
'well, if Tara is her name. I was drunk and i shamelessly forced myself on her'
Henry rush at him. He punch Jordan three times.
Jordan who is already in a foul mood hit Henry hard.
'jordan, you are my best friend and you just Molested my innocent sister'.
Jordan, who is already confuse shouted
'Henry, i've known you for over a decade. You do not have a sister'.
'i only just found out about her. She is our long lost sister. I wanted to introduce you to her'
Jordan went still.
'oh my God. Henry, am so sorry, believe you me i never knew. I would have never lay a hand on her'
Henry want to kill his best friend of over ten years. He thought of Tara and feels so much anger towards Jordan.
Standing up, he looks straight into Jordan's eyes and spoke in a voice void of emotions.
'you are going to make right what you did wrong. You shall marry Tara immediately or you and I will have serious problems.
'The hell i wont'
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
CHAPTER FOUR
'I won't, marry her'
Jordan repeated.
'the hell you will Jordan, or else, this city will not inhabit us' Henry shot back
'Henry, you know how I feel about tying the knot. You too have thesame feelings. I just can't marry her'
' you can Jo, you must'
Henry retorted.
'what if this act of foolishness gets her pregnant? Henry asked quietely
The thought of geting a stranger with child sets Jordan off balance.
Henry march out in search of the security man. He finds him taking a breakfast of pap and bean cake.
'when did Tara leave this house?'
'I didn't see her leave, sir'
Henry knows he has to go search for Tara. He went in for his car keys and finds Jordan in the palour.
'Jordan, you have three days to make a decision'
Henry didn't wait for Jordan's reply.
Where on earth will she be, he wondered. Tara had told him she had never been to Abuja.
Henry finds himself praying for the safety of Tara.
He quickly made a decision to drive within the neibourhood first.
He has to find her and God help him Jordan will have to marry her.
Tara,dewy-eyed walk and walk around without knowing where she is actually going. When her feet decides to rebel against her, she decides to take shelter in an uncompleted building. Luckily for her, no one seems to be in.
Tara has no more tears to shed. She sits in a corner and stare blankly at the sky.
She heard the rooster crow and knew its morning already. Maybe her step father is right, she is a jinx even to herself.
Tara desperately needs her mother but she knows that will be impossible.
At dawn,Tara conthnued walking. She didn't say a word to anyone. She walks like a walking dead for hours. Time stops working for her and when she feels herself falling, she welcomes the warm embrasing darkness...
Henry is desperate. He has been searching for Tara all day without success. He decides to take the matter to the police. His father will have his hide, Henry thought misreably.
He enters a filling station for fuel. After filling his tank, he vacate the station with mix feelings. Could she have gone to kaduna?
So deep was Henry in his thoughts that he nearly drove past a crowd.
He halt, his instincts told him to have a look. If its an accident, he may volunteer to transport the casualties to the hospital. This good samaritan work may make God answer his prayers in finding Tara.
He push his way into the crowd. He finds Tara on the ground. She must have fainted.
Henry quickly went on his kneels.
'Tara, Tara , can you hear me?'
no response. He explains to the crowd that she is his sister.
He carries her to his car and drove.
At home, he finds Jordan already gone so he lay her on the red leathered couch at the palour.
Henry put a call through to Linda, his favourite lover. He needs her help in nursing Tara back to health.
Jordan drove home looking like he had not slept for days. In truth, he has not slept for three days.
As soon as he left Henry's house three days ago, he had called his secretary and instructed her to cancel all his appointments for the week after which he switch off his handset. He had lodge in a modest hotel and spend two whole days drinking in misery.
He ate little and never left his room.
Jordan thought about his life and all the time he had wasted wonanizing. He decides to wed the girl. Its the best thing to do and this will put a stop to his mother madness of match making. Jordan never runs away from his responsibilities, he won't start now.
After making this decision, he had a bath and check out. He drove home straight.
He finds his mother in the palour gisting with Amanda.
'mum, you have won, I'm geting married'
'are you? Oh Amanda, I'm happy for you two. Why ever didn't you tell me? Jordan heard his mother say.
'mother, who the hell is talking about Amanda. Am geting married to Tara'
'who is Tara?'
His mother asked.
'She is Henry's sister'
'But Henry does'nt have a sister'
Jordan sigh
'Tara mr Anthony Joseph's long lost daughter'
she rush to her son.
I'm glad you are finally geting married ma son'
'Amanda, i wil like to talk to my mum in private'
'oh ofcourse, i will be in my room' she stood up and went upstairs.
'what is wrong?' his mother asked.
Jordan slowly explains everything to his mother. She told him how how he disapointed her by stooping so low as to force himself on a lady.
'mother, i will be in kaduna tomorrow. I need to see her mother. If her parents let me, we shall have the wedding soonest'
Amanda furiosly smash a mug on the wall. Her plans are not working.
She will never let that Jordan marry that tramp. Jordan will marry her or no one else.
If needs be, that Tara of a girl mus be eliminated immediately.
Jordan's mother does'nt seem to see anything wrong with her son marrying a tramp.
'By the time I'm done with you,Tara, you will know that you just bit more than you can chew'
'I am on a mission to Marry Jordan Nicholas. I must succeed at all cost!'
Amanda spoke quietely.
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
The gloomliness has left her beautiful face. Tara had finally come to terms with what had happened to her.
Linda, did a good job in nursing her back to health and the two soon become friends.
Tara, lying on her bed recall her discourse with Henry the previous day. Henry had walked into her room and explained everything to her.
He had told her that his friend had mistaken her for someone else.
Linda had encourage her to talk about the events. After telling Linda, Tara felt as if a heavy load has been taken off her chest.
She is determine to put what happened behind her and live her life to the fullest. Afterall, there is her mother and Shan to think of.
A knock came at her door. She knows it can only be Henry. Linda does'nt knock at her door!
'come in, she answered softy.
Henry emerge from the door...he is not alone. A very tall familiar man is with him.
Tara sit up. The familiar man is no other but the stranger with a hell of a temper she encountered in kaduna.
'you?' Tara asked in shock.
'what? For goodness sake Henry, this is the little vixen i met in kaduna. I told you about her' Jordan told Henry.
'you must be kidding me, so you two are yet to really see each others face?'
Henry asked.
Jordan shift uncomfortably.
'actually, it was dark and i was drunk'
Tara looks confuse
'what are you two talking about? We met in broad daylight and you...'
realization dawn on Tara. This is thesame man who had abused her.
'Were you the man who ... Tara could'nt bring herself to say the words.
Jordan took a step forward.
'Tara, i have no excuse for my behaviour. Please forgive me. I promise to make everything alright'
'How in the hell will you make everything alright. Can you bring back what you have taken from me?' Tara asked with eyes full of unshed tears.
To her suprise, the proud and mighty Jordan went on his right knees, put his hands into his pocket and brought out a little pink box
'Tara Joseph, i can't ever return what i took from you. But i beg of you, give me a chance to show you that I'm now a change man. Give me a chance to be in peace with myself again'
opening the box, he retrieve a beautiful diamond ring and held it up to her.
'Tara, if i tell you i love you then I'm a liar of the first order. But i do care about you. I hav thought of you ever since we met in kaduna.
Marry me Tara'
Tara look at the beautiful ring, then Jordan, who looks so handsome in his shirt and jeans.
She knows what this is all about. He is asking her to marry him simply because of what happened between them.
Tara knows that, under normal circumstance, Jordan would'nt even look at her talk more of asking her to marry him.
Tara has already swore not to end up like her mother who spend her entire married life in misery. She had vowed to marry for love.
Although, Jordan makes her feel different, he doesnt love her.
No, she can't marry him.
' No'
'no what?' he asked
'i can't marry you' she replied.
'why not?' he asked.
'i don't have any reason' Tara boldly lied.
Henry, who is sure to have been forgotten by the two cough to draw their attention.
'Tara, daddy has been notified already. He shall be back by weekend. Your introduction is coming up exactly one week from today'
pure Unclad rage took over Tara. She starts shaking. Jordan quickly stood up.
'I won't marry him and i dare anyone that want to come between me and my decision'
Henry has never seen her look so angry.
'Tara, what if you get pregnant?'
'thats my cup of tea not yours. She stood up, slip her slippers and run out of the room.
Tara went to the garden at the back of the flat and wept bitterly. She refuse to let Jordan see her cry.
She refuse to let Anthony force her into a loveless marriage.
Jordan finds it difficult to believe that Tara rejected him. This is one thing he had not expected.
For as long as he can remember, he has been fighting off marriage. Most women will give their right arm to just be called his wife.
This lady just rejected him.
Tara is the only woman who seems not to be affected by his handsomeness or riches.
Yet, he feels a strong desire to own her. He want to make her his. This woman who makes him feel different.
Unfortunately for her, both his father and her father had met in port hacurt and agreed that the wedding should hold as soon as possible.
Her father doesn't seem to care about how his daughter feels about geting married to a man she does'nt know.
'Henry, Tara is a handful. So much temper for just a lone girl'
Henry sigh
'i really don't wan't her hurt. Jordan, Please take good care of her'
'I will try my best' Jordan manage a laugh.
His mother has began the preparations. The wedding will take place two weeks after the introduction.
Alot needs to be done. But how will he convince Tara to accept him. He intends making her his wife in everysense.
He had told his mother he wants a small wedding, nothing big.
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 04, 2014
Elantracey....I need confirmation to start ur thread
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by TiffanyJ(f): 11:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
Divepen: Elantracey....I need confirmation to start ur thread
Hi Divepen, tnx alot for your help.. Although a chapter and some part of the work are missing, i knew it will be difficult to get the whole work back.
I really appreciate your help. May God reward you.
How have you been?

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
Divepen: Elantracey....I need confirmation to start ur thread

Thanks alot but not now o, I will tell you when am ready , I don't want to leave it hanging .
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by demgirls: 6:40am On Jul 06, 2014
its well Tiffany. God will give u strength. To the dude helping, u are simply wonderful. can't wait for your next story. following u all d way. Got to go get demgirls ready for Mass. HV a blessed week.

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Nobody: 5:48am On Jul 08, 2014
I'm sorry for d mist8k @ TiffanyJ, I will try to correct it as soon as I get the chance to use a computer today and tomorrow..
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by TiffanyJ(f): 1:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
Divepen: I'm sorry for d mist8k @ TiffanyJ, I will try to correct it as soon as I get the chance to use a computer today and tomorrow..
hey, there is nothing to apologize for. Afterall you are doing me a favour. Thank you Divepen
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by RichLizzy: 11:08am On Jul 13, 2014
Hello Divepen, pls we are patiently waiting for the completion of the), so as to move to Tiffany's new story. Thanks a lot.
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by StephanieElla24: 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2017
plz I will like to get the complete story I mean the three stories I.e reluctant bride,a man to call her own and deceitful couple..tnx my gmail...Stephanieella242@gmail.com

if there is any payment for that lemme kw
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Mary75(f): 7:34am On Feb 17, 2017
Good morning
You said I should mail you on nairaland
Re: The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. by Favour222(f): 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
stil following..,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Names & Contacts Of Agents & Movie Producers / My Landlady, Her Daughters And A Tenant (18+) Episode 5 / What Book Are You Reading Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.