Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,813 members, 7,948,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 01:01 PM

The Need For Private Sector Involvement In Some Government Services - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Need For Private Sector Involvement In Some Government Services (429 Views)

Buhari Approves 65 Licences For Private Refineries / US Court Documents Reveal Aisha Buhari’s Involvement In The Atiku-jefferson Scam / Buhari, Fashola, Amaechi & Ambode At Organised Private Sector Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Need For Private Sector Involvement In Some Government Services by 7thCANON: 11:55am On Jul 02, 2014
Several government agencies and establishments in Nigeria are performing well below expectations. Low managerial quality, low customer satisfaction, poor maintenance culture, low personnel productivity etc. are the hallmarks of many Nigerian institutions. On the contrary, institutions that provide similar services but run by private sector are far more productive and efficient. These makes me asking, shouldn't we start thinking of private sector involvement in some of the public sector institutions? I am NOT talking about privatization here, but some other form of public-private partnership, e.g. management lease. Some institutions that come to mind are:
(1) Railway corporation
(2) Stadia and other sport facilities
(3) Seaport facilities
You are free to add yours if you share this line of thought

1 Like

Re: The Need For Private Sector Involvement In Some Government Services by PapaBrowne(m): 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2014
I AGREE.

I believe that even things literally every thing the government fails in can be handled by the private sector. The govt should simply act as regulator
and hold a Small percentage for the purpose of generating income and instituting minimal controls.

(1) (Reply)

The Shame Of Falling / Akwa Ibom 2015: Umana Re-affirms Interest In Guber Race / 11 Parents Of Abducted Girls Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.