Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,220 members, 7,947,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 12:51 PM

The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop (19647 Views)

Danladi Umar Shouts At Raphael Oluyede, Saraki's Lawyer / Electricity Power Restoration Burnt Down His Wife's Shop And He Wants To Sue / Senator Saraki Humiliated On Prayer Ground With Shouts Of Ole...ole (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by kevoh(m): 1:11am On Jul 03, 2014
No one screams '' UP NEPA'' in Abuja undecided . I think it's peculiar to Lagos mostly. I guess Lagos is the yardstick being used by the OP to classify the whole Nigeria undecided .
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Graviton2(m): 1:12am On Jul 03, 2014
The shouts of "Up NEPA" and "Down NEPA" is one of the many things that actually defines the level of uniqueness our power problems has attained. It is also one of the major unusual characteristics of a Nigerian, kind of like a craving for Rice and stew on sunday.

The shouts will stop when there is constant and uninterrupted power supply...until this is done, you will be kidding if you think anyone will stop shouting "Up NEPA" because you made a thread about it. It has attained greeting status like "good morning" and "good afternoon".

Up NEPA, everyone! How are you all doing today? grin

5 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by barackodam: 1:12am On Jul 03, 2014
temzy babe: It is called reflex action.. Sometimes I only realize it after the deed has bn done.. Not our fault

My sis, u self do biology for sec skul smiley
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 03, 2014
Bros.., yu can't contain the excitment dat comes with power restoration in nigeria o. Simple advice.. # if yu dey naija behave like the regular naija man.. If yu're in Rome behave like the romans #
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Graviton2(m): 1:15am On Jul 03, 2014
kevoh: No one screams '' UP NEPA'' in Abuja undecided . I think it's peculiar to Lagos mostly. I guess Lagos is the yardstick being used by the OP to classify the whole Nigeria undecided .

In Tolu Ogunmefun's voice: You're a liar.

I have lived in Abuja since birth, we recently moved out though. During my time there shouting "Up NEPA" was a norm whenever power was brought back on after an outage.

4 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by platz(m): 1:16am On Jul 03, 2014
are u kidding me no light for my Hood for the past few days or there are about

nd when the bring it now u will expect me not to shout? no naa op

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by myspnigeria: 1:18am On Jul 03, 2014
dont think it can ever stop
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by tonididdy(m): 1:27am On Jul 03, 2014
19naia: reminds me of how my fathers older sister always called her money Pounds when every body called it Naira...I was too young to remember the days of the nigerian pound...She never went to London to spend pounds there and she never left Nigeria in her life, she called her Naira:pound all her life..I never understood until later in life why older people don't change with the times as easily as youngsters.....
I remember the days of Nepa, and i prefer to say Nepa anyway... grin
what tda fffff...dude seriously wtf...pounds? Naira? nepa? Your story? Similarities? Message?

No dude like wtf....seriously wtf aaarrrgggghhh....
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Graviton2(m): 1:29am On Jul 03, 2014
tonididdy: wtf...dude seriously wtf...pounds? Naira? Your story? Similarities?

No dude like wtf....seriously wtf aaarrrgggghhh....

Are you high on baked beans again. Didn't you get what the guy was talking about?

All this underage children flooding NL. Seun should conduct a clean sweep.

2 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by kevoh(m): 1:30am On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

In Tolu Ogunmefun's voice: You're a liar.

I have lived in Abuja since birth, we recently moved out though. During my time there shouting "Up NEPA" was a norm whenever power was brought back on after an outage.

Huh... And you need to call me names and throw insults just to pass your message. SMH at your level of maturity! This is how you guys start unnecessary e-fights.

My family and I moved to Abuja from Lagos in 1996 that's 18 years from now. I can categorically tell you I have not heard screams of UP NEPA. Same thing in some Nigerian states where I have spent sometime. It all boils down to the residential area and most importantly the duration in which the light goes off for long. If you stay in an area where there is constant supply of Power you will be less excited than someone who stays in a place where power can go off for 2 to 3 days and stays for only a few hours when it is restored before it is cut again.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by tonididdy(m): 1:31am On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Are you high on baked beans again.
...another wtf moment

'

wtf
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by tonididdy(m): 1:34am On Jul 03, 2014
kevoh:

Huh... And you need to call me names and throw insults just to pass your message. SMH at your level of maturity! This is how you guys start unnecessary e-fights.

My family and I moved to Abuja from Lagos in 1996 that's 18 years from now. I can categorically tell you I have not heard screams of UP NEPA. Same thing in some Nigerian states where I have spent sometime.
...just passing by...''whistling''....lala just tell us u share same fence with aso rock or u live in VI...lalala....yeah up nepa

no seriously for real...up nepa...dem juxt bring am
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by tropaz(m): 1:35am On Jul 03, 2014
"UP MIKANO"

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Graviton2(m): 1:37am On Jul 03, 2014
kevoh:

My family and I moved to Abuja from Lagos in 1996 that's 18 years from now. I can categorically tell you I have not heard screams of UP NEPA. Same thing in some Nigerian states where I have spent sometime.

I did not call you names, google Tolu Ogunmefun; you will get my drift. Smh at your level of sensitivity.

So you are telling me you stayed in Abuja for 18years and you have never heard "Up NEPA"?

Cool story, bro. Tell that to someone who hasn't stayed in Abuja before, not me.

3 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by tonididdy(m): 1:38am On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Are you high on baked beans again. Didn't you get what the guy was talking about?

All this underage children flooding NL. Seun should conduct a clean sweep.
graviton v2.0...sounds like a comic book

or is it voltron...

Last i checked this was nairaland not the cartoonetwork website...so kid go to BED

wtfucka
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by WiseElectrical: 1:39am On Jul 03, 2014
Why can't we shout UP NEPA when we barely see Electricity from PHCN once in a week. Pls don't blame Nigerians shouting that. Blame our Government for not giving us uninterrupted power supply. do u expect somebody in USA or even Ghana to raise his or her voice and shout when they hardly experience power outage. Na condition make crayfish...........

2 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by kevoh(m): 1:40am On Jul 03, 2014
tonididdy: ...just passing by...''whistling''....lala just tell us u share same fence with aso rock or u live in VI...lalala....yeah up nepa

no seriously for real...up nepa...dem juxt bring am
Bros read my modified post. You do not need to stay in Aso rock before you get constant power supply. There are lot of places in Nigeria even villages that get more power supply than Aso rock due to their small size in population.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Nobody: 1:41am On Jul 03, 2014
I don surface like 'UP NEPA'
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Graviton2(m): 1:42am On Jul 03, 2014
tonididdy: graviton v2.0...sounds like a comic book

or is it voltron...

Last i checked this was nairaland not the cartoonetwork website...so kid go to BED

wtfucka

You think typing like a re'tard on a public forum makes you seem cool.

Minors like you deserve

4 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by kevoh(m): 1:45am On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

I did not call you names, google Tolu Ogunmefun; you will get my drift. Smh at your level of sensitivity.

So you are telling me you stayed in Abuja for 18years and you have never heard "Up NEPA"?

Cool story, bro. Tell that to someone who hasn't stayed in Abuja before, not me.
Let's pretend you didn't call me a liar. Go back and read my modified post or better still here it is in bold face:

If you stay in an area where there is constant supply of Power you will be less excited than someone who stays in a place where power can go off for 2 to 3 days and stays for only a few hours when it is restored before it is cut again.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by tonididdy(m): 1:47am On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

You think typing like a re'tard on a public forum makes you seem cool.

Minors like you deserve
wtf...u really attached to comics and smileys and more comics.

Are u gay?
Were u brought up on baked beans?

Dude wtf...did u miss your lullaby tones and infrared stars on your ceilings...goto bird.

*Yeah shoot me i spelt bird instead of bed...wtf u gon do
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by tonididdy(m): 1:49am On Jul 03, 2014
kevoh:
Bros read my modified post. You do not need to stay in Aso rock before you get constant power supply. There are lot of places in Nigeria even villages that get more power supply than Aso rock due to their small size in population.
still singing #...lalalala...oh beyonsea...''to the leff to the leff''

wtf oh sorry...i'm i replying u already?

Sorry my bad...u said?
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by geolabious(m): 1:50am On Jul 03, 2014
Simply because Nepa is an alternative to Generator. #Fact
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by kevoh(m): 1:51am On Jul 03, 2014
tonididdy: still singing #...lalalala...oh beyonsea...''to the leff to the leff''

wtf oh sorry...i'm i replying u already?

Sorry my bad...u said?

Never mind! undecided

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Graviton2(m): 1:51am On Jul 03, 2014
tonididdy: wtf...u really attached to comics and smileys and more comics.

Are u gay?
Were u brought up on baked beans?

Dude wtf...did u miss your lullaby tones and infrared stars on your ceilings...goto bird.

*Yeah shoot me i spelt bird instead of bed...wtf u gon do

Only someone really stu'pid would say these ^^
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Graviton2(m): 1:53am On Jul 03, 2014
kevoh:
Let's pretend you didn't call me a liar. Go back and read my modified post or better still here it is in bold face:

If you stay in an area where there is constant supply of Power you will be less excited than someone who stays in a place where power can go off for 2 to 3 days and stays for only a few hours when it is restored before it is cut again.

I understand you but it still doesn't sound right if you say you haven't heard the phrase in 18 years...that's a very long time.

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by hummerwise(m): 1:54am On Jul 03, 2014
See tori!!
@op Abeg tell us the shorter and quicker way showing the brief happiness the moment the light is restored....

Well, if u can't,
As 4 me and my household, we shall continue to show that brief excitement whenever the light is restored (through the shout of ''UP NEPA'' ) cos that's what makes us Nigerians grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Ajibel(m): 1:57am On Jul 03, 2014
Abeg park well joor. Even on twitter, i tweet-shout Up NEPA!!!! Who are u to tell me to stop

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by tonididdy(m): 1:57am On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Only someone stu'pid says these ^^
wtf offcoz i miss ma needles.

What do u miss?...baked beans?...yeah check my toilet hole.i've been saving em for you SPONGEBOB now suck em up

wtf...farts on your face...GDN
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:59am On Jul 03, 2014
I was once in a Uk office and NEPA (hehe, their own) took light for about 2 mins. When the light came back, the oyibos all said, "Yay!".

For my mind, I say, " Yay ke? Una dey crase? You no sabi shout, "UP NEPA!"

grin grin

5 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by tonididdy(m): 2:00am On Jul 03, 2014
kevoh:

Never mind! undecided
awwwwwwtf...wtf did i do to u...why wont u toktome

kk gdn sad
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Graviton2(m): 2:01am On Jul 03, 2014
Uuzba Guuzba: I was once in a Uk office and NEPA (hehe, their own) took light for about 2 mins. When the light came back, the oyibos all said, "Yay!".

For my mind, I say, " Yay ke? Una dey crase? You no sabi shout, "UP NEPA!"

grin grin

Lmao!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency / Use Tithes To Buy Arms For Christians – FFK Backs Omatseye / Sale Mamman: Nigerians To Get Electricity Through Solar Systems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.