Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:38 PM

Osaze Odemwingie, Vincent Enyeama Also Quit Super Eagles - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Osaze Odemwingie, Vincent Enyeama Also Quit Super Eagles (993 Views)

Wizkid Hangs Out With Osaze Odemwingie (Photo) / An Adorable Picture Of Osaze Odemwingie And His Cute Son / Photos From Osaze Odemwingie's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osaze Odemwingie, Vincent Enyeama Also Quit Super Eagles by Mrswagg(m): 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2014
Captain, Joseph Yobo, Vincent Enyeama and Osaze Odemwingie have said they plan to give the younger players a chance in the Nigerian team.Yobo who reached a milestone for Nigeria by playing his 100th game in the 0-2 loss to France in Brasilia has retired from international football.The former Everton defender said it was time younger players led the team.

“This is it. I can look back on my career with great pride,” he told BBC Sport. I wanted to leave on a high for my country. Defeat by France was not the right way to go but I’m happy with all I’ve done for the national team.

“It’s time to give a chance to other people to come through. Our football has a bright future and I am confident this team can achieve success sooner rather than later Similarly, Stoke City forward, Odemwingie said he is confident that he should go now.“I am happy we played well but lost. I am not too sure now weather to wish we played badly and win or the other way round.“Whatever the case, I am happy I am leaving the team in the hands of capable upcoming juniors.

They should be held together for a long time.Nigeria’s goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama“For me I am not getting younger, I need to get home and evaluate what plans I have for the future”. In response to the fact that he was still young, he said “that is why I was not conclusive. But to tell you, I will like to face club action.

“I still have three years left in my contract. I will like to stick with the club. I am not discussing any moves. I am happy at my club.“For me, I have had a fulfilled time with the national team. I have enjoyed every moment of it. I need to quit now.“The upcoming players in the team are good.

They need all the chance. I just have to go,” he said.Enyeama apologised to Nigerians for the failure of the team to have won.“I want you all to forgive us. You have all done well to support us to this stage.”
Source: http://nairabam..com/2014/07/osaze-odemwingie-vincent-enyeama-also.html
Re: Osaze Odemwingie, Vincent Enyeama Also Quit Super Eagles by stexsy(m): 7:49pm On Jul 02, 2014
no wahala, dia is God
Re: Osaze Odemwingie, Vincent Enyeama Also Quit Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 02, 2014
NIGERIA the country where the motivation for winning is money and not getting stoned ................................................................................ i love my country cry

(1) (Reply)

C / Chris Brown & Ex Karrueche Tran Show PDA At Charity Game Recently. SEE PHOTO / Ebola Update: Ebola Patient Flees Quarantine To Get Food In A Market. Watch!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.