Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,887 members, 7,942,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 01:52 AM

Honeymoon In Prison-reborn - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Honeymoon In Prison-reborn (26045 Views)

AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Bachelor- Day4- Honeymoon Or Honeygloom / Honeymoon In Prison / Honeymoon In Prison( Part Two) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by alizenbohr: 12:31am On Jul 08, 2014
SammyHoe, we still dey follow, jejelly.
More ink to your pen.
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 2:03am On Jul 08, 2014
alizenbohr: SammyHoe, we still dey follow, jejelly.
More ink to your pen.
Thanks for following...I'll update soon...
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 2:08am On Jul 08, 2014
[b]Yemi paced about around Deinde's cell. When his eyes caught Deinde's eyes once, it was as if the criminal was smiling at him. Yemi grimaced and left the spot, not wishing to return soon.

Yemi beamed at his wrist-watch for the umpteenth time, it was only a quarter to 10pm.

"A quarter to doom," Yemi whispered to himself. "A quarter to destruction and damnation."

If only they could kill me and spare my family, I won't go into this," Yemi thought. His thought soon appeared like selfish interest to him--if he died and his family remained, they would bear the loss forever. No matter how, the scar would be somehow etched on their hearts while himself would be enjoying in the great beyond the blue, forgetting everything terrestrial.

"It's better we all live together," he opined eventually.

Yemi went straight to a room, a semi-lit room. Although there was no power failure at the moment, yet the room was dark. Seemed the bulbs in there were damaged.

Yemi scrambled for the key in the poorly-lit stuffy room. He got it and began to take his leave. It was only eight minutes left for the job to be executed, else his own family at home shall be 'executed'.

Yemi tossed the bunch of keys at the floor in anger. He would resign. As he fastened his eyes together, it was Bimbo he saw in agony. She was yelling, "Father! Father! Save us!"

Yemi's eyes opened up immediately, then he bent and reached for the keys again. He gritted his teeth and walked out of the room in confusion.

He walked to a little garden at the back of the prison yard. He was not going to do it. Doing it wouldn't save him from the claws of the law as well as his families from the claws of the lawless. He had better remain that way and do nothing so his problem wouldn't get compounded.

Yemi had clambered on the low-lying branch of a tree. He was going to view life from the top elevation, just the way God views it. Yemi felt the gentle breeze blowing on his head from the tree. The birds had begun to chirp hope into his ears.

"I won't do it!" he screamed.

It was fifteen minutes past 10pm already. Momoh had smoked a pack of cigarette as he waited for the arrival of the two--Yemi and Deinde.

"Are these people trying to double-cross us?" Momoh said. "Not possible! Not when they have their families around!" Momoh laughed.

Momoh believed that fifteen minutes was a very big time to plan out a surprise attack at him. He wasn't going to take the risk, so he brought out his phone and dialled a number:

"Yes...yes this is Momoh...now, kill them both, it's like Yemi is trying to play a trick on us...yes...finish them off...both mother and daughter..." Momoh said in a cruel manner.

Just then, he saw two approaching silhouettes.

"Hey, don't do it again, it's like they're here already," Momoh said. He cut the call and waited for the two figures to come close enough for him to gun them down both, but then he wasn't seeing anyone again.

"What?!" he screamed in shock. Then in rage, he began to dial the number again, but the service provider was asking him to dial again later because the number he had dialled was not reachable at the moment. "poo! The number I just finished calling now?"

Yemi almost fell off the tree. A loud scream from Bimbo and his wife had just woken him up. He had seen the trigger being pulled, just for bullets to come out of them when he woke up into reality again.

Yemi didn't need to be told before jumping down the tree. Now his heart was fixed. He must do it for the sake of his family's life.

As Yemi walked towards Deinde's cell, his brain began to generate some thoughts again--the acumenity of force and power:

They use force to get power--and when they assume power, they make their subjects subject to their power. Evil people get fame but good people get tamed. Moral decadence has been the order of the day for decades in the land of the black races due to their race after money--yet money, the love of it, is the root of all evil--and if you hate it you still suffer for that

Yemi burned within him as he gave his thought to the fact that he didn't know who he was actually working for. He didn't know whether Momoh and his colleagues were working for Mr. Aluko or not. Perhaps they were working for another person, maybe the Governor's party, to set Mr Aluko up. Yemi had to jettison the second thought.

How would a party be working against itself? Yemi thought. If indeed they were working for the Friendship Party, they wouldn't have killed Mr.Smith who won their primary election. This must be Mr Aluko Peter's handwork," he concluded eventually.

Yemi suspended all reasonable thoughts and hurried towards the cell. The passageway was dim, poorly lit, so it would fare well for him in the mission.
When he came close to the cell, he heard Deinde speak, "You are here."

Yemi was stunned. The way Deinde was smiling at him now was surprising to him.

Did he know he would be set free tonight? Yemi thought. How come? Is there any informant among the police? Or the warders are biased and perverted? How would he know?

"Man, you're wasting time. Free me on time!" Deinde said with a slight frown on his face.

Yemi's face turned into a grotesque.

"Who are you working for?" Yemi asked in a low tone. "I mean who sent you to kill Mr.Smith?"

Deinde kept silent.

"I won't let you go if you won't tell me," Yemi said as if he had any say now. Deinde burst into laughter.

"I'm not in much danger as you are," Deinde replied and began to get well into the cell again. "Whenever you're ready just open this iron gate, okay?"

Yemi's mouth was wide agape. His hands were gradually going up to his head to hold it in shock, but then, Deinde had returned to the gate to say something more:

"Mr Warder, if you don't do this, another person will do it, but then you, as well as your daughter and your wife would have no life in you to witness my release by then."

Yemi's heart melted like a polythene burning in the flame. However, he tried hard to maintain a stolid character;

"Go to hell!" Yemi screamed angrily at him and began to leave him alone. He began to traipse back to the tree trunk again to think. His heart drummed as his Adam apple danced in resonance. His mind went blank like a tabula raza.

Yemi didn't stay long at the tree trunk this time around. He had returned to the cell, now he would do it, at least Momoh had promised to get him and his family away from the country.

He checked the time and found out he was already thirty minutes behind schedule.

Speechlessly, Yemi inserted the key into the lock and turned it with all his strength. The prison door was made to pave way.

Deinde didn't hesitate a bit. He just trotted out of the cell as if a little delay would cost him losing his desired freedom.

Now the task they had to face was the one of escape. How would they go through all the security guards on duty without being noticed? Yemi pondered. The palpitation of his heart now was even more than the initial times.

Deinde walked furtively. The sound of the sole of his feet must not be heard by a soul, else it would draw up suspicion. He was on tiptoes, looking everywhere like an intruder fond of plucking mango secretly in another person's compound.

When Deinde peeped from a corner, he found men on duty, parading the large compound with their guns. Majority of them had just pistols on them.

Deinde made a swift move to another direction. He needed to get the weak point of the prison, through which he would channel his escape.

Deinde thought he had found one eventually. It was a large passageway, poorly lit. Deinde began to walk in it, believing it would culminate in somewhere near the exit.

Deinde hadn't walked twenty metres in the large passageway when a large beam of light came upon his eyes. He went blind.

"Who are you?" the torch flasher bleated...

Deinde rushed to the initial spot and found Yemi in a corner, frozen with fear. The amazing thing to Yemi was the sudden transformation in Deinde's dressing; he, now being in a police uniform. Yemi shuddered with shock.

"Surprised?" Deinde said as if he had no iota of fear. "That fool has nothing with him other than a bludgeon and a torchlight. I beat him to pulp."

"You--beat a...policeman?" Yemi whispered. His mouth was shaking.

"Any big deal?" Deinde said in a care-free manner. Mr Warder, lead the way, you have the gun."

"The gun?" Yemi said. "What gun?"

"Don't joke," Deinde said in whispers. "I know Momoh gave you a gun."

Yemi was affrighted. How did Deinde know all these things? Perhaps there is an informant feeding him with information. How did he know that he would be set free in the first place?" Yemi was stunned.

"Give me the gun," Deinde said.

Yemi released it with collapsing lips. Deinde grinned when he had it. Then he went the opposite way, skulking.

Yemi was indecisive. He knew he was in for trouble already. If he remained, he would be caught and imprisoned; if he fled, they would comb everywhere for him as well.

Yemi had had much experience of happenings involving escape of criminals from prison in the past. In most cases, the warders in charge had always been made to suffer for it, and that would be done out of court.

Now, there was power outage and everywhere was completely dark. Yemi began to make a move. He would creep out of the prison yard, anyhow, without being noticed.

Yemi hadn't walked out of the corridor when he heard a gunshot. He was scared.

If anyone had been killed, then the case would surely be worsened. Now the bulbs were blinking--the dull flourescents too. The power supply was epileptic.

Yemi began to hear sounds of heavy footsteps coming towards his direction. His heart palpitated. How would he escape this? What would he tell the world when he got caught. if he told them he was acting under duress, they would ask him who put him under the duress? They would be expecting to hear names of bigwigs, but he would have no name to mention--Momoh? Gogo? Who know those ones? Yemi thought, sweating profusely. Perhaps he would turn the whole thing upon Mr Aluko Peter, but how would that help to turn his own situation around thereafer? he pondered.

There was nothing left for him to do now, but to feign ignorance and put up a bold face. The light had been restored now after much instability, but it had come in low voltage, such that the red glow of a burning wood would do better to give illumination than the light coming from the bulbs above them.

Yemi composed himself and began to tramp towards the approaching figures.

"What's happening?" Yemi said when they crossed path. "Please can someone tell me what's wrong?"

They were two armed men. When they saw Yemi, they said, "Did you hear the gunshot?"

"Yes I heard it! What's the matter?"

"A prisoner has escaped," they announced. The two men hurried past him, flashing their torches into every cell to see if anyone had escaped.

The prisoners were just chanting happily as they flashed the torchlight at them.

"*Ki lo bo sonu lara awon olopa yi t'on wa a?" a large voice issued out of the most notorious cell in there.

It was the voice of a criminal who was serving a life imprisonment. They hailed him:

"Presido International!"

The two policemen just walked past the cell, ignoring the prisoners who were as much as ten in number in that single cell, breathing harmful air into one another's nostrils.

Now Yemi had begun to hurry away. Just then, a voice came up from nowhere, screaming, "I saw them! I saw them!" It was the voice of the prison officer whose clothes Deinde wore. He had trailed Deinde behind earlier and had seen him come to Yemi.

"A warder gave him a gun! You walked past him just now!"

"What?!" the two men were surprised. "Let's get him!"

Yemi ran. He knew the judgement time had come. He didn't need to be told that he had to fight with the last drop of his blood to get out of the prison yard, but how when he wasn't even with a gun.

The chase was hot. Yemi knew he wouldn't make it running since warders and police were everywhere and they would join in the chase as soon as he got to an open space.

Now Yemi had to hide in a dark corner. He lay flat against a wall in a confined corner, holding his breath. His chest was denying him a suitable rest as it thumped up and down like a gorrilla fighting hard to control its hiccups.
Yemi heard footsteps coming close. He peeped and saw three armed men walk past the corner where he was hiding. Yemi would let them go far before coming out of the corner.

[/b]
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 2:08am On Jul 08, 2014
[b]Yemi, due to experience, had a mastery of the prison. He knew the vulnerable spots and the heavily laden spots in the prison yard. But now, since the alarm had been raised already, everywhere would be tight.

Yemi sweated. A taste of it was like the mixture of fart and salt in the Yoruba popular saying. Now it was as if the proverb was coming to pass in his life.

Like a wall gecko, Yemi moved on along the wall. If only he could do his movement inside the wall, it had been better. A hand gripped his neck from behind, just when he was almost getting out of the corner.

Yemi had great difficulty turning his neck around due to the grip on it. However, he did that in fret and heard a punch in the face.

"I was watching you," said the handowner. "Staying in hiding here when I saw you running, ha, ha, Aaargh!" the man's laughter had just ended in a yell when Yemi elbowed his nose with all the strength he could muster. The man fell.

Yemi had only called for more trouble with his action, since all legs were now turned towards the direction of the yell.

"Over here!" a policeman was mobilizing his subordinates towards Yemi's corner. Now he had to take to his heel. They were very close when he fluttered out of the corner and fled ahead of them.

There was gunshot. They had aimed the gun at him, but narrowly he had escaped it.

"You can't escape!" said the superior officer, but Yemi wouldn't listen. He pushed forward, they chased.

Gboom!!! another bullet was released. This time it caught Yemi on his groin, the left one, and he groaned as he dragged on like a wounded dragon. He had dragged himself into a corner again.

"Where's he?" there was confusion among his chasers. "Where's that criminal?"

Yemi was actually in a dressing room. He had calculatingly got in there, knowing fully well that in there were police uniforms hung for years. They were now grim and dusty

Yemi sat and managed to stifle the colourless but salty liquid flowing out of his eyes as he gave his attention to the red one pumping out of his leg. The blood was unceasing.

Yemi pulled at a hung police uniform and tore it with his bare hands. It seemed the uniform had been made to lose its fabric strength due to a long period of neglect. He tied the resulting kerchief around his hurt leg to prevent excess bleeding.

Yemi gnashed his teeth at the dark corner as his mind flashed back to four hours back when Momoh came close to him in his car on that untarred road in his street; he had begun to imagine what he should have done then:

Yemi's attention was diverted to the sound of the vehicle incessantly permeating the cool environment.

Who is horning this way? Yemi thought. He was surprised when he discovered it was a taxi familiar to him.

"Hello Mr Yemi," said a head peeping out of the window. It was 'angel Michael' again, but the Devil himself is a falling angel, isn't he?

"Hey! You again? What are you doing here?" Yemi asked in suspicion.

"I dropped someone close by just now sir and I decided to check on you at home when I caught sight of you just now," said Michael.

"Hmm! Why do you want to check on me?" said Yemi with a cruel face. "Its getting too much Mr Michael, that's your name, isn't it?"

"It is," Michael said and ignored the harsh manner Yemi had presented the issue. "Where in particular is your workplace sir, perhaps our way could tally? Or are you not going to your workplace?"

"You don't need to know!" Yemi said. "I can get a bus to anywhere, so don't bother Mr Michael, and...thanks for your generosity this morning and in the past."

Yemi was now fully convinced that the man was not genuine in his dealings with him. Perhaps he was having a clandestine arrangement somewhere with some people to kidnap him, that was why he was appearing to him every now and then. Yemi even regretted having let him know his house, just in the morning, an easy access to his family.

Michael laughed. "Mr. Yemi, you are very humorous. Don't tell me this display of yours is a joke, or is it?"

Yemi didn't answer anymore. He had begun to walk fast towards some other people traversing the lane that cold evening.

Michael shook his head and drove forward to catch up with Yemi. Then he
stretched to get his hand on the door beside him. He opened it, just when he had brought the car to a rest beside Yemi and screamed, "Get inside the car!"

Yemi raised an alarm:

"*Gbomogbomo!!! Ara adugbo e gba mi ooo!!!"

*Kidnapper! Please help me, people!

Some fearless people on the street had begun to take action immediately, rushing to Yemi's rescue, but luckily for Mochael, he got away unscatched, having turned on the ignition key and zoomed off without making any effort to shut the opened door of his car. He almost hit someone down in the process.

Now, Yemi would have a big 'a thing' to tell Bimbo and his wife. The other Yemi would warn him to be more careful next time.

Yemi shook himself out of his daydream. He was back in the reality of life, just like a drunkard who had his intoxicating feeling cleared off his face just after commiting an atrocity. The one Yemi himself had experienced was that of a drunkard who collided with an egg seller in his haphazard movement like gas molecules.

Yemi needed a weapon of any kind now, just like Deinde who had just a weapon and was able to go through the hurdles to get out successfully. In a way, the police uniform he wore must have helped him, he thought.

Yemi reached for the bosom pocket of a dirty khaki. His hands came out with some coins. Rubbish! What was he going to do with coins, which had been made to lose his value, just like a salt without its savour. The making of coins nowadays would even cost more than its worth monetarily, yet some joker are suggesting bringing it back in circulation, Yemi's subconscious mind began to come to play. Now the rich wouldn't touch it with their hands, yet they are the ones agitating to have it back, for what purpose?

Yemi was welcome back to the reality. He kept the coins back in the pocket, but one fell and made some annoying tintinnabulation, such that Yemi got exasperated. It had surely called up attention, he feared.

Someone wandered in immediately. He had a torch with him to see in the dark room. Yemi bent to avoid the incident ray from coming to his eyes. Quickly, he had reached the torch-flasher, sending an upper-cut up his chin. The man groaned and fell, his torchlight falling on his body.

Immediately, some shuffling feet began to come close. Yemi searched hurriedly for a weapon and found a tear gas and a matchbox at last.

Yemi took the torch from the falling body and flashed it in the eyes of the multitude who just got in. Then he opened the tear gas into their eyes as he began to find the way out.

"You are under arrest!" they said, pointing their guns at him and coughing, despite not seeing him for the intensity of the ray of light from the torch.

The smoke had covered them up and the peppery effect of the tear gas was telling on their eyes.[/b]
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Pvictor10(m): 10:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
Waiting for updates.a. Good job. But am ahead of this part
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by JigsawKillah(m): 1:07am On Jul 10, 2014
Abt 6 episodes remaining shey? I no saay e no go tey, we go reach there just now
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 10, 2014
Honeymoon In Prison continuation...
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 10, 2014
[b]Yemi knew all hope was gone for him. Now he had raised his hands high. They held him and pushed him.

"Move!" they spanked him as they began to force him out of the corner. A gun was sinking deep into his temple. The pain was excruciating. He limped on.

"Traitor!" screamed an angry cop as he lashed his nape with a whip. No speech of Yemi was regarded dinkum. Who would believe whatever he had to say when an eyewitness saw him passing a gun to Deinde who shot down a policeman while trying to escape earlier?

Deinde himself had only escaped the prison by a dint of luck, owing more proportion of his lucky escape to the police attire on him. His chasers were confused throughout the chase, such that they were chasing the wind most of the time.

Mr. Jegede had a sad story to tell, having gotten a bludgeon to his forehead when Deinde rushed to him and grabbed him as if he was the one they were chasing. They had thumped his head with the '*kumo' already before realising that he was only a victim of misconception...[*kumo-big stick-bludgeon]

"Move faster!" Mr. Jegede tapped Yemi right at the epicenter of his crew-cut head. It shook Yemi's brain like earthquake such that he had to gnash his teeth in pain. The man was only venting his spleen on Yemi, having fallen victim of Deinde's cunning tricks earlier.

"Traitor!" said another person, punching Yemi from behind.

"It is a setup," Yemi said over and over again as he limped along.

"Shut up! I saw you! You gave him a gun!" Deinde's first prey said. He was the same unharmed policeman Deinde beat up and wore his attire.

"Lock him up!" said the most superior of the police officers. He didn't even care about Yemi's bleeding leg. "I am going to inform the Chief Warden now! Two of you should come with me, we must comb everywhere for the escaped prisoner!"

Jegede was the first to step towards his superior. He needed to get Deinde and pay him back in his own coin. It was such an unimaginable humiliation.

Mr. Jegede was a six-feet, two-inch tall man, strong and agile. Many people had described him as the AIG of the future, because he had similar physique as that of Mr. Goriola, the Assistant Inspector General of Police who was regarded as a genius of his time for his numerous skillful approaches towards getting hardened criminals arrested.

Mr. Jegede had carried himself everywhere as the AIG-to-come, yet he was already fifty-five years old. The man had gone as far as learning the exact walking manner of the AIG, the way he smiled (if he smiled at all), the way he yelled, the way he folded his crinkled forehead and more.

Mr. Jegede didn't realise the age gap between himself and his role model. He just blindly followed his footsteps, yet he was nine years older.

"I shall become the AIG of this nation someday," Mr. Jegede would boast before his friends.

"At seventy, isn't it?" they would make fun.

Yemi had his head over his jerky knees in the same cell Deinde was initially occupying. A man was with him, putting a rifle close to his head. They would be there together until the Chief Prison Warden comes to see him.

"I didn't do it!" Yemi would bang his fist hard against the hard floor, weeping. He had had the butt of the heavy gun on his head twice.

Despite all his displays, the man behind him didn't believe the story he had told over and over again, that he was press-ganged into setting Deinde free.

Momoh was still on the spot, chewing gums after having no cigarette left to smoke. He had smashed his phone in anger earlier, when he didn't catch sight of either Deinde or Yemi. Back then, he had dialled the number again to tell his gang members to kill Bimbo and Yemi's wife, but the line didn't go through.

Deinde and Yemi should have been here by now, he said. "It's past 10pm, an hour behind schedule. Maybe the plan went awry, or Yemi told the secret to the police; he dare not, except he doesn't love his family."

Momoh had assembled and disembled the phone several time without success. The screen just kept displaying 'No Sim Card Inserted'. Just when Momoh would give up on the phone, it worked.

"Good!" Momoh smiled. His phone beeped almost immediately. It was a call from the affluent man who seemed to have ordered Yemi's arrest earlier.

Momoh picked the call immediately:

"Honourable sir...they are not here yet...but don't worry sir, Yemi can't afford to lose his family...yes sir...yes sir...okay sir, I'll be there sir," they hung up.

Bimbo and the other Yemi had been having it hot for the past four and half hour, lying chest down with their mouths sealed up with paper tapes. They had five hefty and grungy men around them, threatening to blow up their heads with their guns, which they had set over their heads.

Bimbo had sweated her way into losing some pounds. She had cried her face to paleness. Her once puffy cheeks had shrunken under the weight of the uncertainty of what the future held.

It was 10:30pm already and they hadn't heard from Momoh.

"I thought Momoh said he has seen Deinde and Yemi coming towards him earlier," said one of them.

"Yes, he called me," said another.

"Oga Momoh gan sef," said a third person. "No be im say make we shoot them before? As we wan do am hin change mouth again. Which kind thing be this one sef?"

They kept dialling Momoh's phone number, but it wasn't going through.

A knock was heard at the door. Everyone had to rush to take position in hiding, thinking it was the police. It was Yomi, Yemi's half-brother. Probably he had come to pass the night in Yemi's residence as he seldom do, under the excuse of the fear of staying alone in his own house since his wife had left him two years back for his inability to impregnate her.

However, Yomi had never come when Yemi was on night duty in the past. But this time, he was there, perhaps not aware that Yemi was on night shift.

"Yemi, are you at home?" Yomi screamed when he got in and saw no one. He was almost stepping inadvertently on the mother and daughter lying on the floor. He moved well into the room and then he got the butt of gun striking his head hard. He fell.

Momoh began to hear the blaring of sirens at close range. He was certain that something had happened. Quickly, Momoh jumped under the wheel and began to drive as fast as possible. He was lucky no one was after him.

PAGE 13
Momoh skidded off. Now he was rest assured something had happened. He raised the volume of the Fuji music from the tape he had slotted into his car stereo. His head was dangling back and forth in resonance to the music.

"This man is crazy!" Momoh yelled in excitement, laughing at the funny song coming out of the stereo. He was loving the flow and the rhythm.

Momoh was just confident that Deinde would return to them to get his pay in full. He had been paid a hundred thousand naira upfront for the evil task of murder, such money Deinde had used to pay the house rent for the little self contain himself and his younger sister Desola were occupying. The rest they had used to feed for the rest of that month before he carried out the mission eventually.

Momoh was still at the entrance to that same house Yemi was taken to earlier when a voice sounded behind the curtain:

"How did it go?" the man asked. It was that same wealthy-looking man who was with Momoh and Gogo earlier. "Deinde didn't return still?"

"He was being pursued by the police sir," said Momoh. Maybe he would be joining us tomorrow."

"Are you sure?" the man asked in a tone of fright.

"Honorable Tunji, just put your mind at rest sir," said Momoh in a calm manner. "Remember Deinde is still having some cash with us which we shall be balancing him. He would not want to miss his balance of #100,000."

"Alright then," Mr Tunji sighed.

"And more so, his home is under surveillance and we have his younger sister under our beck and call."

"That young girl, isn't it? That one you said you always send bread to Deinde through her, isn't she?"

"Exactly, Desola is her name," Deinde said.

"Maybe we should go and bring her with us here, Momoh, or what do you think?" Mr. Tunji said thoughtfully.

"Sir, I don't think that is necessary. We are keeping her under surveillance 24/7. So there's no need to panic; she can't go anywhere. More so, if Deinde isn't planning to return to her, at least he would want to go to his home to take his sister away and then we will discover him and gun him down."

"Killing him is what I want to hear, Momoh," the man said with a cruel face. "Not just gunning him down. We don't need him alive anymore!"

They were silent for a moment, but Mr. Tunji permeated the air with his speech eventually:

"Is this place still safe?"

"I think it is sir," Momoh said slowly as if he wasn't certain himself. "That warder didn't know how we got here. We have blindfolded him before we turned here. Aside that, he doesn't know anywhere around here at all.

"Momoh, what about your men?"

"They are all on their way back," Momoh said. "I asked them to leave Yemi's family alone now."

"Why?" the man asked. He was not buying such idea.

"You know it's like the warder and Deinde have both escaped the prison yard. Sure the police would be combing everywhere for Yemi. They would call at his home first. What if they found our men there? Shooting spree and some of our men would die, but I'm not ready to lose anyone now sir."

"What if those family divulged the truth of the whole thing to the police?"

Momoh laughed.

"I asked my men to threaten them with death if they say a thing: they wouldn't dare want to lose their own lives as well as Yemi's own too, because the story to tell them is that Yemi is now with us and if they confessed anything to the police, we shall kill him immediately."

"Hmm! Good job there Momoh," Tunji gave him thumbs up. "It is even foolish of me in the first place to have thought of that. Even if they told the police, where would they locate us? Does his wife and child know anything about us?

The police had only a wild goose to chase. Deinde had escaped too far already before the hunt for him began.
The gunshot heard in the cell earlier was the one he shot at a policeman, who at the moment was half-way between heaven and earth.

Deinde wasn't tempted at all to return to Momoh and his people for the balance of #100,000, having made deep calculations to arrive at the conclusion that he could be killled. However, he was tempted to return to his home to escape with Desola, who had been desolated by her sudden discovery of her brother as a hired killer.

Deinde didn't buy the idea of rushing to his home either, since he knew Desola was being serously monitored by them, having told him in the cell earlier that the sliced loaves of buttered bread she had been bringing to Deinde were from Momoh's gang.

Deinde sat under an isolated shed, his dark goggle fittingly placed on his face such that his fat nose were made to squeeze below the tight bridge of the goggle.

Deinde had only acquired the goggle from the security guard of the prison gate after catching him off guard, pointing a gun at him to escape.

Deinde had no place to stay, no money on him as well, so he would remain under the shed overnight.

Deinde kept wondering how he could be caught that way by the two policemen who accosted him after murdering Mr. Smith, the governorship candidate under the auspices of the Friendship Party.

"Nobody saw me do the killing," Deinde whispered to himself. "I would even say it was the cleanest job I've ever done in my life," he said.

Deinde began to think that Momoh himself had a hand in his arrest.

"I am sure he has a hand!" Deinde said, hitting the floor hard with his fist. "He must have sent those policemen after me to have me arrested," Deinde concluded. Seemed he was right.

Deinde himself didn't know who Mr. Tunji was. Either Tunji was working for Mr. Aluko or not, Deinde couldn't tell since he hadn't had any contact with the govenorship aspirant himself. He had only been following the instructions of Momoh, his employer.

Deinde's confession in the court that Mr. Aluko Peter sent him to kill Mr. Smith was also an instruction he got from Momoh while he was in the cell. But how was he getting all these instructions in the cell? Who knew?

[/b]
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 10, 2014
[b]~~~~~~~THE REAL EVENT~~~~~~~~

In the real sense of it, Mr. Aluko Peter knew nothing about the evil plot. It was a plan made by Honorable Tunji to set up the philanthropist who had fallen under the pressure of well-meaning countrymen who wanted him as their governor.

The incumbent governor, according to the Lagosians, was a crook and a thief. They had accused him of misappropiating government fund and embezzling money, money-laundering and more.

However, Honorable Tunji was a good friend of Aluko Peter and they belonged to the same political party, the Harmony Party, yet the man was betraying him this way.

Who knew why he was doing that except the owner of humanity himself? ironically, it was the same Tunji who incepted the governorship campaign for his friend Aluko, even before Aluko himself publicly declared that he would take up the task eventually.

Tunji was the first person to approach Aluko Peter on the matter of running for the political post. Mr. Aluko rejected it for months until Tunji went through the man's late wife.

Aluko didn't want to be selfish. He had to accept it after a lot of coaxing from his wife and many chieftaincy title holders in Lagos. Even before then, Tunji had begun to make the posters of the moralist and philanthropist to appear on every wall of people's residential homes, thereby causing controversy.

At first, many Lagosians had to criticize the man for his action, being dissatisfied with his sudden denouncement of his principle by wanting to vie for a post in politics which he had once criticized as a poison to black nations. However, every nerve calmed when they were made to know that the man was not doing it of his own free will, but through persuasion. Then, from mouth to mouth went the song "*Mummy, Daddy, Aluko ni e dibo fun".

Yemi cringed at the thought of the torture he knew nothing about. He had just left the prison hospital where the Chief Warden took him to for an operation on his leg to pull out the bullet. His wounded leg had been dressed in POP to help heal up the little fracture he had.

Yemi was now made to get into the cell after spending two days on bed, hospital bed--probably the last time he would have his back on something soft, since it appeared obvious he wouldn't be getting out of this.

How did Deinde know I would be coming to free him two days back? Yemi bothered his brain, thinking. "An informant must be here," he whispered in a voice made pale with bad circumstances. His knees were soaked in tears since he was having his wet face on them. His head ached and watery mucus poured out of his nostril like a tap water.

"Deinde is out, I'm in--in for serious trouble," Yemi said and burst into tears. The pictures of the wrinkled faces of his wife and daughter had just set on his face again as if he was watching a TV set.

Torture commenced for Yemi immediately. No one was ready to pay a little bit of attention to his story--they called it shaggy-dog. Whenever the word 'innocent' came out of his trembling lips, he would have a tremulous slap over his face.

The truth, they thought, was obvious and there was no point listening to Yemi's rooster and bull story or his beatings about the bush--an eyewitness saw him handing a gun over to Deinde.

Mr. Jegede was ever ready to play the role upfront. He was more hasty than everyone else in putting some slaps across Yemi's innocent face.

"There is nothing complex about this," the Chief Warden had maintained on and on. "Yemi is a big traitor!" he would say, making his big mouth bigger whenever he was going to pronounce the word 'big' itself.

When Yemi wouldn't stop saying something they didn't want to hear, the Chief Warden got angry and held Yemi's neck tight with his two hands as if he was going to strangle a chicken.

"You let him out, then you'll take his place. Every sentence he should receive, you shall be the one to have it!"
The way the Chief Prison Warden yelled got Yemi's brain knocking.

"I'm sure you're working for Peter Aluko, that political pretender!" the CPW said as though he was having a life-long malice against the philanthropist in question.

"I don't know him. Believe me!" Yemi wailed.

"That Aluko man thinks he could clear up the case if only he could wipe out the only evidence we have against him, but no, he failed! Yemi warder, tell him he is making a big mistake!"

The CPW was a man in his early fifties. He was tall and a bit robust, like an embezzler in a high ranked position in the society. The man's face was never a smiling type, carrying no sanguine character in them. The man's face reflected nothing other than melacholy. The permanent scowl on his forehead seemed to depict the latent ability of a choleric.

The CPW had always been known for his rigidity in handling issues, unlike the AIG whose fluid methods had crowned him with success many times. The Chief Prison Warden believed in handling cases in his own way and would hardly call the Inspector-General of Police or his AIG into prison issues.

"If I can't handle issues here, why then am I a warden?" the man would say.

Going by the CPW's facial appearance, one would think him as a brother to the Assistant Inspector General of police. They had some permanent wrinkles lying indented on their foreheads both.

"Now tell me, how much is Aluko Peter paying you for this?" the man said, lowering his mouth close to Yemi's ears.

"I don't know him, believe me," Yemi said.

"Shut up!" Yemi had a slap on his face. The impact made his teeth an epicenter. They shook in resonance. "The AIG is taking it upon himself to find the root of this matter, Yemi, and he'll do anything, anything to get this done," the CPW said, wanting to threaten the warder with such.

The CPW loved calling the AIG's name into issues, just to send big fear into the heart of his prisoners, yet he would do all he could to keep the AIG out of it all. Just in two days of Yemi's incarceration, his ears had been saturated with the mention of the name 'Goriola' by the Prison Warden.

"Now, tell us, what is your role in this?" the CPW said in a friendly manner now, putting a hand on Yemi's shoulder.

"I was forced," Yemi said. "Two rough men kidnapped me--Gogo and Momoh--and they took me to a house where there was a rich man. That man must have master-minded the whole thing. He wanted Deinde out of the prison and I was needed to do it..."

"Hmm!" the Prison Warden grinned in disbelief. He didn't want to believe that Yemi was kidnapped to do the job.

"Why didn't you report this to me when you entered the prison yard?" he said.

"They had my wife and daughter at gunpoint sir," Yemi gasped. "They said I'll lose them all if Deinde wasn't out by 10:15pm that day.

"A big lie there, Mr Warder," Mr. Jegede intruded, laughing, but the prison warden shunned him. It was obvious that some findings had been made, for Jegede to have called Yemi a liar on that point.

Actually, Deinde didn't escape the prison until around 11pm that day, therefore his family should have been killed according to what Yemi just attested to right now. But the reverse was the case--Yemi's wife and child were still alive, according to the findings done by the police, Jegede inclusive.

" And what do you have to say about the gun Mr. Jonah said he saw you exchanging with Deinde?" the Prison Warden asked. "Or are you denying this?"

"No sir," Yemi had said over and over again. He was bored of the stereotypical nature of the warden's questions. "Momoh asked me to pass the gun to..."

"Balderdash!" the chief prison warden yelled suddenly, making Yemi's heart to lurch within its cage. "I'm sick of all these Yemi. Perhaps you don't know that Deinde shot one of us dead with that gun you gave him. I don't seem to see any way out of this arcade for you!"

Yemi was just hearing it for the first time that there was a casuality. Earlier, when everybody was silent about that fact, he had concluded that the gunshot he heard that day must have been made by the officers on duty to bring Deinde down, but the crook had miraculously or mysteriously dodged it like a Rambo in 'old school' films or like the real-life notorious Shina Rambo in the southwestern part of the country some years back.
PAGE 14
Mr Tunji's heart was not at rest at all. He was ill at ease when Deinde didn't return.

"Is he a fool?" the man yelled at his men. He had sent them to comb everywhere for him. The men had threatened to kill his sister if he would not show up in a week.

They believed that Desola had a link to him, but the innocent girl declared that she knew nothing.

Desola was once caught by the police, believing that if she was arrested that way, her brother would surrender himself to the police, but the DPO of the police station where she was kept let her go again, according to the dictates of the AIG, Mr. Goriola.

Mr. Goriola was a man whose principle of operation was far off everybody's imagination. He doesn't go with other people's opinion and it did work for him.

There had hardly been any matter he had stepped into without coming out successful. Mr. Kayode, the Divisional Police Officer of the Ipaja Police Post, said in a news:

"I have been informed by my superior to let Deinde's sister go free since she said she knew nothing about the matter. According my superior, the matter is the one that must be handled carefully without letting the innocent suffer for what they haven't done."

When Desola was freed after three days in detention, she wanted to confide in the police to keep her out of harm, but the warnings she heard from Momoh's men four days back scared her out.

"Desola, we shall reach you anywhere you go," Momoh said. "If you don't know, the two policemen who caught Deinde and arrested him, we have killed them, yet everyone in the whole country and especially in the state, is still looking out for them, saying that they must not be missing. Everyday, people pray for their safe return from wherever they are, saying they deserved to be rewarded for helping to arrest Deinde, but they were all wrong."

Desola's thought went deep into the confession of Momoh that day, and her brain began to generate exactly what the scenes behind the curtain should be, according to Momoh's story:

After Deinde was caught, the two policemen who got him arrested were lionised in the news and their pictures were shown to the whole world as the BRAVE ONES. Comments poured greatly into the media houses--on radio, TV and newspapers, showering much benediction on them for their act of bravery; their names were Mr. Olagoke and Mr. Hassan.

The two got interviewed on popular TV stations in Lagos and they explained how they were able to track Deinde and get hold of him:

"Sir, how exactly were you able to track that Demon called Deinde? Do you have any tracking device or what?" the interviewer said.

They laughed and then cleared their throat: "
"Honestly, we don't have any tracking device," Mr. Olagoke spoke. "Or do we?" he asked his partner.

"Not at all," Mr. Hassan responded, shaking his head in agreement.

"So how come you got hold of Deinde as easy as that?"

"It's just God," said Mr. Olagoke. "We owe our success to God."

"And what was your reaction to the news that you would be getting promoted soon, both of you?"

"Promotion?" Mr. Hassan spoke first. "Wow! I'm just hearing that for the first time, or Goke, have you heard such thing before?"

"No, no, no," Mr Olagoke replied with a grin. "I think that's a strategy of the media houses to sell better. Well...I think it's too soon for such matter to be discussed. It's just only a week after the incident, so I don't believe that a news as such should be coming up this early."

"But sirs, if it is real, how would you feel?"

"Well...happy of course!" they said. "Everybody prays for promotion, so if it happens, then it's an answer to one of our prayers then."

"Sir, how did it happen? I mean how did the whole arrest thing happen? Lagosians and the whole world are all ears."

"Ahem!" Mr. Olagoke cleared his throat. "Em...you see...you see...as a Lagosian, you just have to be careful. You know, it is a common saying among us here that *ko si ya were l'ekoo. You have to be smart in Lagos, else you get upended. That day, Deinde passed by us while we were talking, myself and Mr. Hassan here. Then we became sensitive that he was up to something mischievous, so we decided to follow him from a distance. We saw him get into Mr. Smith's home by a crooked means and we watched on. When he came out of there, we decided to arrest him and lead him back into the compound again. Lo and behold, we found Mr. Smith drenched in his own blood and then we got Deinde arrested."

Momoh laughed when he saw the interview on TV. He ran into the house to call Mr. Tunji.

"Sir, Honorable come and see something on TV o, ha, ha, ha," he cackled uncontrollably.

"What's that?" Tunji's voice sounded out of the bedroom. It was 10am already and the man was still sleeping.

"Momoh, what's it? You can disturb someone a lot."

"Come and see Hassan and Goke on TV!" Momoh said excitedly. In a flash, the man was with him. He had missed most part of the interview.

"Ah! Momoh, why didn't you come and wake me up on time? What did they say jare?" Mr. Tunji stretched and yawned.

"They were telling some foxy stories of how they were able to trap Deinde."

When Momoh told Tunji exactly what they said, the two men almost had an head to head collision as they laughed their lungs away.

At the end, Tunji said, "Momoh, make sure you don't spare them when they come for their balance, okay?"

"Before nko! And they're even coming here immediately after the interview."

It was obvious that Mr. Olagoke and Mr. Hassan were traitors who had betrayed the police, yet the whole world was praising them, giving them the accolades they were not worth having.

In the actual sense, Mr. Tunji had only paid them off to get Deinde arrested. They sent Deinde ahead of him and sent them to go after Deinde immediately to get hold of him as soon as he had left Mr. Smith's compound. And that was exactly what they did.

It was the last they heard of the two policemen, who left the interview and went straight into Deinde's den to have their balance of #300,000 each. Momoh shot them both with a silent pistol to silence them forever.

Actually, the duo's plan had been working exactly as they wanted it to work, but it had just one 'k-leg' or two now, which was Deinde's refusal to show up, as well as Yemi's arrest too. Their plan was to implicate the philanthropist, Aluko Peter and destroy his political career.

How? The plan from the onset was to have his co-contender killed by someone; have the killer arrested; have the killer confess that he was sent by Mr Aluko Peter; have the killer saved from the prison by a warder and killed, as well as the warder too. Then the case with Mr. Aluko would have no head until the election day had come and gone. Whatever would come thereafter would no more be their business, since by then, Aluko's political career would have been in chaos forever.

But why was Mr. Tunji doing all these to his best friend? Who could tell?

Before Momoh left Desola that day he said, "Our men are everywhere, even among the police, so if you try to make any move by telling the police anything about this matter, you might be shocked that you could be telling the wrong person and be sure the night would not pass before you have a hole in your head, sinking you six feet under the ground."

Such fear accumulated in her body such that when she was detained two days later, she couldn't tell a single word about Momoh and his people.

Now Desola was weeping in desolation.
[/b]
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 10, 2014
goood moorning everryoone...
Pls let's say good morning to one another because today's going to be gr8 cool
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Lorlaahlozz: 6:39am On Jul 10, 2014
G'mawin sammy hoe....G'mawin u all
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 10, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: G'mawin sammy hoe....G'mawin u all
awayu?
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Lorlaahlozz: 6:59am On Jul 10, 2014
SammyHoe:
awayu?
Ayam fine...u?
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 10, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Ayam fine...u?
fine too.just thatd weather...too cold
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 11, 2014
Good Morning
update is here...
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 11, 2014
[b]Mr. Tunji paced about in his sitting room. His mind wasn't at rest, believing that both Deinde and Yemi were potential threats as far as they were still alive.

Mr. Tunji skittered aimlessly into his room and returned again with a sore face. He came close to Momoh and held his shoulders tight as he shook him:

"Find Deinde!" he shouted. "Oh my God! Just find the fool!"

"We shall find him, I promise," Momoh said.

"The mistake I made was that I said the warder should let him leave the cell instead of killing him there. Now if the police gets hold of Deinde before we do, then we'd be sure that he would confess the whole thing right now and a serious hunt shall begin for me."

"For us sir...not you alone," Momoh modified.

"Shut up!" Tunji yelled at him rashly. "Who would care about you? I'm the public figure here, not you Momoh! How many persons know you?"

Momoh shook his head like a zombie in action. He didn't want to incur the man's anger the more.

"Ka, ka, ka, ka, ka," the man made a regretting noise by slapping his upper roof of his mouth with his tongue.

"Ah! I should have asked the warder to finish Deinde inside the cell," Tunji reiterated.

"I wanted to advise you to do it that way sir," Momoh said.

"Shut up!" Tunji got angry. "Why then didn't you tell me until now when the milk is spilled?"

"Sir, *o ba ni, ko i ti i baje," Momoh said. "We can still do something.

"Get Deinde and kill him!" Tunji said. "Get him before he comes here with police after confessing the matter to them. You know he knows here so much! Get Deinde!!!" The man was pulling the collar of Momoh and Gogo's cloth together as if he was going to fuse them into each other.

"Y-yes sir!" Momoh and Gogo nodded.

The man paced back and forth in the room, hitting his legs against some objects in the process without caring about that.

Momoh and Gogo began to leave the place immediately, leaving Mr. Tunji in a critical rumination:

There are two people now who could stand as evidence against me, he pondered. Deinde is free, the warder is caught. They have both seen my face. Oh! Something must be done seriously now. Anyway, the warder's case is simple--he wouldn't dare say much, not when his family is within our reach...but Deinde...will that crook care about his sister? Such a hardened criminal, we must get him! Tunji stamped his foot against the floor. Just then, a plan occured to him.

"Yes!" he yelled excitedly.

Yemi had remained in the cell (the same cell Deinde had occupied earlier) wondering how Deinde got that information that he would be released that day. He was also surprised at the manner he had spoken about his family facing the guns that particular moment.

"There must be some traitors among the officers here," Yemi opined.

Yemi saw Bimbo wailing, his wife consoling, Yomi commiserating. His home was upside down in his imagination.

A bread lay untouched at the corner of the cell--the innermost part of it, just at Yemi's right side. The bread had become a breeding space for moulds and fungi. Yemi crawled near it and houseflies flew out fast to safety. They seemed to be enjoying the irritating thing. Truly, one man's meat(housefly) is another man's poison(Yemi).

Yemi was hungry. He was almost going to eat the bread to avoid starvation. But then, he resisted the urge and let it go.

"Houseflies' food could be human beings' poison," he concluded.

Yemi envied the flies as he saw them fly out and troop in again at will. If only he could reduce in size too, grow wings and fly away.

I'll fly to London and never return again, he thought childishly.

Yemi suddenly remembered Momoh and his men. He was afraid.

"They could start doing an undo with his family," Yemi whispered and then broke into tears.

Yemi was glad beyond measure when Yomi came to visit him in the prison. Yomi and Yemi only had a father in common but different mothers who were now both six feet under the crust. Yomi was fifty-three, eight years older than Yemi, yet without a child.

In Yemi's family it was as if they always had problem with childbirth. Yemi's father had married his mother for years without an issue. He had to marry a second wife, who gave birth to Yomi after two years in marriage.

Yemi's mother bore the pain and shame of having to look at herself as barren, but then she maintained her peace and kindness to the second wife until eight years later when she gave birth to Yemi. Thereafter the two wives had no issues until their death.

Yemi's mother died first, but to him it was like 'a mother is gone, a mother is left' because Yomi's mother took proper care of him, such that when his father died, she continued to sponsor his education until the secondary level before she died.

For Yomi, he took up apprenticeship to keep body and soul together, but Yemi forged ahead after gathering a sum of money. He got into the higher institution and got a scholarship along the line.

Despite the eight-year age gap between Yemi and Yomi, they had lived all their lives like twins.

Yemi rose swiftly when he saw Yomi. He hugged him very tight.

"Brother, thank you for visiting," Yemi said eagerly.

"No thanks Yemi," Yomi said, sniffing in conspicuous sorrow. "I am v-very sorry f-for your misfortune."

It had become a case of two weeping, one asking the other to weep no more, yet, doing it in a weeping mode. It was such a doleful moment.

"What about my wife and child?" Yemi asked.

"They are doing well," Yomi confessed. "They shall soon begin to come here to visit you."

"Why are they not coming now?" Yemi asked. "it's two weeks already."

Yomi looked around, lowered his voice and whispered, "Those rascals asked them to steer clear."

"So they are still after my family?" Yemi said. He was going to weep afresh again.

"Yes."

Yemi let loose a high-pitched note of sobs. Yomi joined him in it.

"Brother, promise me you will do me a favour."

"Say on, I promise," Yomi said impetuously.

"Keep an eye on those villains for me," Yemi said. "Anytime you get tangible information, please do inform the Prison Warden. He will work it out."

"Don't worry Yemi," Yomi said. "That's exactly what I've been doing."

"And please don't be far away from my wife and daughter," Yemi begged him. "Please show them the care I would have shown them if I were around."

"Don't worry Yemi, everything shall be okay," Yomi assured him, holding his hand tight.

Yemi had great relief that for the first time in two weeks, he had just set his eyes on a relative. He was hoping to see his wife come around too--maybe it would be too soon or far away he couldn't tell.

Yemi's eyes went after the bread again and he lusted after it.

"Can't I just tear a chunk into my mouth?" he asked himself as he began to move close to it again.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by DONMAYOR19(m): 8:32am On Jul 11, 2014
Almost there
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by JigsawKillah(m): 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ok Sir

Rhyde On Sir

SAW
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
Continue,pls

1 Like

Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Temmytayo20(f): 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
Following....
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by olamopol(f): 8:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
Following
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 11, 2014
olamopol: Following

Thanks
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
[b]Yemi overcame the temptation to eat the mouldy bread again, but then he began to ponder on a thought:

"But why didn't Yomi come with at least a slice bread?" Yemi said. He hadn't done well in that regard, Yemi thought.

Yemi's wife appeared in the prison two days later.

"Yemi," they both said, hugging each other. Tears flowed like an ocean.

"Why did this misfortune befall us, dear," she was asking.

"I don't know," Yemi said. "God is asleep."

"Can we come out of this?" she asked in tears, sobbing and sniffing along.

"I'm not sure," Yemi opened up. "No evidence at all to show that I'm innocent."

Back when everything was still rosy for them, Yemi would not show kindness to prisoners--even the gentle ones. He believed they were all pretending folks, but now he was learning in a hard way that there should be room for a suspected criminal to state if he was guilty or not.

"Ah!" the other Yemi bit her finger. "Those men kept haunting your daughter and I. They wouldn't let us have breathing space."

"How is she?" Yemi asked.

"Worse!" she wailed. "Bimbo has been terribly ill since two days back, but brother Yomi is taking a very good care of her. We need to be very grateful to him--he bought all the drugs she took, took her to the hospital to get drip and..."

"But Yomi was here two days back, but didn't tell me she was sick," Yemi was puzzled. "I would have thanked him for that."

"Yes, it's the truth. Her sickness began when he was away to visit you that day. When he returned, he met Bimbo almost dead...in fact, he had to make haste to convey her down to the hospital."

"Thank God Yomi is there when I couldn't..." Yemi was weeping aloud. He was thinking of himself as invalid. How could he be alive, yet unable to cater for his family? An infidel is better than himself, he thought.

"Brother Yomi stays with us often now, to at least encourage us and protect us somehow," she added.

"Hope those people haven't discovered him?"

"They have!" said the other Yemi. "Same day you were kidnapped, he mistakenly stepped into the house when those gang members were standing over us with guns on our head. They injured him seriously.

"Oh my God!" Yemi screamed and put his hands on his head. "But Yomi didn't tell me this!"

"Maybe he didn't want to wound your heart the more," she said.

The couple wept incessantly without saying anything more until the masculine one began to clear his throat in readiness to say something:

He looked here and there to be sure no one was watching, then he said, "I have asked Yomi to help me track those men down."

"Hmm," she breathed. "Would it work? I mean those people are too many, such that every day I meet new ones; in the market, on the roadside, calling me 'Oko warder' and putting fear in me the more. They said they have...their men among the police and warders. So I'm afraid that if we successfully track down some of them, the rest would definitely track us down too and kill us."

They began to weep afresh.

"I...I..." Yemi's wife began to stammer.

"Speak on," Yemi knew she must be having something important to say.

"I don't want to tell y-you this before," she said. "Right now, they are standing in the parlour."

"What!?" Yemi shook tremulously. "Where's Bimbo?"

"Having her head abreast a gun!" she declared. "Each time anyone would be coming here, either myself or Yomi, our poor Bimbo would have to be having a gun on her skull. That's one major reason we don't want to come to you to visit you."

"*Mo daran!" Yemi put his hands on his head, alarmed!

The other Yemi spoke on:

"Right now some of them are close by," she said in whispers. "They sent me here. In fact, they drove me close here in their car. They only decide what we should bring to you; two days back when they brought Yomi, they didn't let him bring any food to you, but now they gave me a dry loaf of bread to give you."

Yemi hankered after seeing his wife leave immediately so that Bimbo would not have her head pressed firmly against a gun for too long. She would be disorganized psychologically, Yemi thought. His heart was shedding tears of blood by pumping faster.

"Go back home immediately! Go back to Bimbo before she loses her brain! Go now Yemi, go!" Yemi screamed as if he was angry with his wife.

"They said they will keep sending...me to you," she said, wiping a drop of tears off her brow. "They gave me this to give to you." She began to bring out a sliced bread from a polythene bag.

"Why should they give me any bread at all? Why couldn't they allow you buy a bread for me yourself?"

"I don't know my dear," she said. "They only said you should eat this carefully," she sobbed unceasingly.

A warder came around to lead her out.
Yemi shook with fear as he stared at the big bread.

"They said I should eat it carefully," Yemi pondered on his wife's speech just now. "Why? Why should they send a bread to me in the first place?"

Yemi was hungry, having been underfed for weeks now. He was wan and lean and his eyes had sunk in under the weight of grief.

Yemi noticed a similarity between the bread he now had handy and the ones Deinde's sister always brought to him back then--Adegbajamo Bread--a delicious Agege bread.

"Yes! It's exactly the type of bread Desola brings to Deinde!" Yemi exclaimed. His heart began to knock against its cage. He was shaking.

Yemi initially thought the bread was poisoned. His interest was on the butter on the bread.

Perhaps it is the butter they poisoned, Yemi thought. But why did Deinde not die those days after eating the bread?

Yemi wouldn't take the risk of eating the butter with the bread, since his mind wasn't at rest about it. Quickly, he had begun to scrape the butter away, opening each dice to get that done.

Yemi discovered the 'page' where the butter was the most concentrated. He paused to look at it very closely.

"Why?" he whispered.

Yemi began to scrape it off immediately. His head rang bell when a little paper suddenly fell off from there. It was lying under the butter initially.

Yemi picked it up with impulse and boggled to open it--fearing it was a letter bomb, something which killed a famous newspaper owner some years back. The butter had smeared the little folded paper.

Yemi scraped the butter clean and peered into it enthusiastically to read the tiny but legible handwriting on it:

You did a good job, Mr. Yemi.
But make sure you keep your mouth shut for a while until we ask you to say something. Meanwhile, your wife and child are still within our reach. If you try double-crossing us, they would be gone. Good day!

Yemi held his head and wept.

"So...this is how Deinde has been getting his information," Yemi concluded at once. Without further ado, he turned to the mouldy, half-eaten bread behind him, whose stench had now made the air stale. He opened the bread dice by dice and found a similar piece of paper in it.

Yemi read silently:

Deinde, it's good you have testified against Aluko Peter as we asked you to do. Today, 9pm, a warder would come for your rescue. Don't panic because he will surely come since we have his family in our custody. He will give you a gun--of course you know what to do with that.
Meet me around candy spot for your balance. Momoh

Yemi was alarmed. At least he now knew that Mr. Aluko Peter was innocent.

[/b]
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by 3Dimension: 9:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
Weldone sir...

Ride on
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
[b]This is evidence enough, Yemi thought. The two short notes should do to ensure his release. Now what was left for him to do was to meet the Chief Prison Warden with them. Yemi kept the papers safe like his life. The thought of buttering a bread with information was beyond his wildest imagination.

Yemi sighed. He had seen the light--Aluko was never guilty, someone who was held in police custody somewhere.

Sure Aluko cannot be brought to a third-class prison such as this, Yemi thought. But who is that man I found in Momoh's house? Yemi pondered.

Yemi needed to see the CPW immediately, to facilitate his release. He held on to the bars of the prison gate and shook it with all his strength to draw attention to himself.

A warder rushed to him.

"I want to see the Chief Prison Warden," Yemi bawled. The warder didn't even reply him. He just turned around and left him.

Yemi kept shaking the gate. He knew there couldn't be more tortures than the ones he had received--the bludgeons hitting his knees, the pins on his buttocks, the clips on his tongues and the electric shocks on his body. The warder came around again and shouted at him:

"Hey! You are disturbing the peace of this prison!"

It was ironical. Yemi hadn't noticed any peace in the prison yard since the moment he got into the cell. Perhaps the warder was only talking from his own perspective. Being behind bar is far much of hell than being outside it.

"I want to see Oga!" Yemi banged hard the more. The warder yelled, "He doesn't want to see you!"

"But I have evidences!" Yemi bawled in return. He would do anything to ensure he got out of the cell.

"Keep your evidences until he is ready to meet you!" the man cried back. "Why you no show am the evidences before?" he added in pidgin.

"Please now," Yemi begged.

"Sorry," he moaned and walked away.

Yemi went down in tears. He was just too eager to see himself out of the ambiance of the prison yard.

Yemi soon had a visitor. It was Yomi.
"You come at the right time Yomi," Yemi lamented.

"I should have been here earlier," Yomi said. Then he went into a long discourse. Yomi discussed the family welfare with him; nothing much had changed. Bimbo had eventually turned into a gloomy young girl, someone who was outspoken earlier.

Yemi gave the two notes to Yomi when he was about leaving.

"Please take them straight to the Chief Prison Warder. Tell him I need to see him immediately on this issue."

When Yomi read the notes, he smiled mildly.

"Yemi, congratulations!" Yomi shook his hand. "I'll be glad to do this for my brother. I will make sure they get them unawares; at least now the Chief Prison Warden will believe you after seeing this."

"Please don't give them to any other officer in here," Yemi whispered.

"I understand," Yomi replied as he began to take his leave, having been ordered to do so by a warder, the one in charge of Yemi.

There was a long delay to Yemi's hope. He had expected that the CPW would come within minutes, but it was shocking to him that till evening, the man hadn't come to see him.

Yemi's head went blank and his mind dark. Every now and then, his head would turn sideways reflexively and his mouth would hiss. When it was time for 'bed' he couldn't get sleep.

"Did the man not get my piece of information? Perhaps this man is involved in this crime as well, Yemi thought. Earlier, the Chief Prison warden do pay him a visit at least twice in a day, but now, he had only done that in the morning. He should have come one more time.

Maybe Yomi didn't deliver the notes or he gave the wrong persons, such thought couldn't allow Yemi have sleep to his eyes. Yemi was shocked that two nights passed silently thereafter without the CPW appearing to him, yet at his tortures he kept asking his tormentors he wanted to see the man, but then he would have more torments.

All of a sudden, the CPW came around. When Yemi saw him, he almost tore the gate apart in eagerness to be out of the cell.

"Open for him!" the Chief Prison Warden commanded. [/b]
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
[b]Yemi stepped outside the bars. He was glad at the fresh gust which greeted him out there. If the air could be that cool, how much more the one outside the prison yard? he thought.

"Did you see them sir?" Yemi asked in a high spirit.

"What?" the CPW responded, putting on an innocent look. Yemi's mouth opened wide in shock.

"The--er--the notes," he managed to speak up.

"Which notes?" the warden hollered at him. Yemi was discombobulated. How come? Did Yomi not deliver the notes to him? It's not possible, he thought.

"I...I..." Yemi spent long in stuttering. Somehow, he explained eventually.

"No man came to me with any thing like that," confessed the chief warden.

"But I gave him," Yemi was sobbing. "I gave Yomi!" he screamed.

"Keep shut!" the chief warden made an ear-splitting noise. "What if he did, would it do to serve as evidence?"

Yemi almost collapsed when he heard that.

"Anybody could have come up with such things!" the warden said. "Even you, I mean yourself could have colluded with your wife to do it for you. Your daughter could write too, can't she? Perhaps it was even your elder brother in question you asked to do it for you, who cares? Even if I have received those I would still have shredded them to pieces without looking at them a second."

There was a large fold of flesh on the chief warden's face...seemed he had been angered by Yemi's confession.

"Warder! Get him back!" he barked.

Yemi got inside the cell again. He was gnashing his teeth as he saw the chief warden departing. Now he was back to zero point.

Yemi began to strongly believe that the chief warden had a hand in the whole thing. If he wasn't having a hand, then he should have taken his time to investigate into the attestation further.

Yemi's stomach lurched. He had remained an 'Oliver Twist' in the prison ever since, always wanting more. He had lost much weight.

Yemi was farmished. He wished Yomi, or any relatives would come again with a morsel of bread. The one his wife brought earlier, which was sent to him by Momoh, had gone down his alimentary canal.

When Yemi was eating the bread earlier, he had his doubt. He just had to conquer the strong fear in him that the bread was poisoned.

"If Deinde didn't die while eating them, why should I die?" Yemi said. "Whatever is good for the goose is also good for the gander."

"Why? Why? Why?" Yemi began to bang the floor with his fist as if it was offensive to him. He raised up his head suddenly and found the chief warden standing behind the gate again. He was scared.

What could it be this time around? Is he here to terminate my life? Yemi thought. He was cold with fear as the gate was opened by a warder.

"Come out!" the chief warden yelled at him. It was certain that he would be having him go through some tortures again. The chief warden would be expecting to hear just one statement, that Mr. Aluko was the brain behind it all. If only Yemi would say that, then all was perfected.

Mr. Aluko's case was tried in court again. Adjournment, as usual, was the order of the day. Aluko lamented his plight, regretting joining politics in the first place.

"Ah!" Aluko cried as he was being driven off. "Here's what peer pressure has landed me into, leaving me in it to bear it alone."

Aluko sat in a corner in detention, weeping. "Tunji pushed me into this mess and left me in it. How would I kill a soul? Why would I want to do that? This politics, my wife went for it--my children are in danger."

It was obvious Mr. Aluko, the governorship candidate of the Harmony Party had no hand in the murder of his running mate in the Friendship Party, but no one would believe his innocent confession, since Deinde had publicly said that he sent him. Perhaps if Deinde had remained in the prison, they would have tortured him to speak what was the truth.

Aluko felt he wasn't going to be fit to stand the shame. Even if he was released eventually, his reputation would remain damaged. Had it not begun to get spoilt since twelve months back, right from the moment he yielded to his friend's persuasive pesters?

Back then, Mr Aluko raised a lot of excuses just to avoid the heavy task involved in getting to the political position. If anything should prevent him from joining politics, it was his widely read hardbound book--Politics, a Poison to Black Nations-which had some heavy words in them, all pointing to the fact that politics in West Africa was evil.

However great the pressure back then, Aluko could still have stood his ground, but his mindset was revolutionalised with the thought that he was the change Lagos needed.

When Aluko was attacked concerning his action, he silenced all his critics, saying that he was the antidote to the poison which had eaten deep into the fabric of politics in his state.

Aluko hadn't even seen much of the poison now when this twist to his fortune came, landing him in prison.

Folashade wasn't above the crust anymore to console her husband, yet in those days she was the one running around to campiagn for him. When her mysterious death came, everyone was expecting Aluko Peter to quit politics, but they were wrong. The man waxed stronger in it, accusing the opposition party of the crime. He almost got jailed for his open criticism back then.

The death of Mr. Smith had spurred up reactions from the elites of the communities. Even before Deinde confessed that it was Aluko Peter who sent him, they had already seen it that way. They felt he was only revenging his wife's death, someone who was found hanging in her own residence.[/b]
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by mohammad11: 9:44pm On Jul 11, 2014
Deinde is truly a professional criminal, i think he's gonna use the 'rabbit hole' to hit momoh and co unaware.
Keep on rocking sammy.

1 Like

Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by 3Dimension: 10:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
Fire they go bozz.

You too much
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by charijee(f): 9:46am On Jul 12, 2014
Sammy Hoe...you're almost there
I've been waiting patiently
Like your speed bro

1 Like

Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by olamopol(f): 6:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
Waiting for d nxt update ooooo
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by amsad19(m): 9:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
ghost mode deactivated i dey feel ur English ride on
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 14, 2014
amsad19: ghost mode deactivated i dey feel ur English ride on

Thanks wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Puebla Festival Uninvites South African Guests Over Chidimma Controversy / I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland / Rare Photos Of Chimamanda Adichie In A Playful Mode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 263
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.