Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,605 members, 7,888,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:42 PM

My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me (1470 Views)

My Ex Want Me To Fvck Her(screenshot) / Reasons You May Not Want To Sleep With A Virgin! / Does My Ex Want Me Back Or Am I Being Used? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by SLOVFO(m): 10:31pm On Jul 02, 2014
I am ambitious working-class guy of 32 years old in love with a girl of 27 years old.

I proposed to my girl and she accepted...but the snag now is that her mum wants someone that is rich (or richer) for her daughter and she has succeeded in convincing her husband to see things her way. Though they are using my hometown as an excuse for their rejection, but I know (from conversations) that the actual thing is that they prefer a richer man for their daughter. The worst part of the whole thing is that they have not even met me in person before. It really hurts.

Please fellow Nairalanders, what do you guys advise me (us) to do?
Re: My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by farano(f): 10:41pm On Jul 02, 2014
Hmmm tell us ur real moniker first tongue Anyways *spreads mat
Re: My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by LajaLaba: 10:56pm On Jul 02, 2014
U people don come again oooo una never rest?so what can we do for u now Oko iyawo?
Re: My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by Slamantinz: 11:13pm On Jul 02, 2014
u dull guy, gv her belle if u truli like her

1 Like

Re: My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by SLOVFO(m): 11:26pm On Jul 02, 2014
Give her belle shocked? That is not fair na...told you I love the girl. I would love her to have a white wedding...
Re: My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 02, 2014
Some People self..

Always using NL to express how high they are on weed.

1 Like

Re: My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by Nastydroid(m): 11:34pm On Jul 02, 2014
@farano:
Hmmm tell us ur real moniker first tongue Anyways sprays mat
abeg gimme small mat spray

2 Likes

Re: My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by BluePearls(m): 2:23am On Jul 03, 2014
Booking space..im coming
Re: My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by temi4fash(m): 3:24am On Jul 03, 2014
Sine dai don't want they will definitely not give their blessings to the marriage... Just leave d babe and move on bros... It not easy but ur best bet...
Re: My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by Dygeasy(m): 5:25am On Jul 03, 2014
You're old enough to make your own decisions.

How can you first of all date a girl and not meet her family before proposing to her? Dumb my brother. Even if they're dead. Visit their graves.

Now that things have gone this way, it's pointless to even think a relationship with such a family would work.

A red flag is when your prospective/proposed in-laws have something on you for which reason they might not allow you marry their child.

The only option you have now is to elope. You think it's because you ain't rich. They're telling you it's your state of origin. If you fix the rich part and they accept you, won't you ask them why they're willing to overlook where you're from. I would if it were me.

Truth here is they can never love you for the right reasons.

Cheers!

8 Likes

Re: My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by SLOVFO(m): 11:51am On Jul 03, 2014
Dygeasy: You're old enough to make your own decisions.

How can you first of all date a girl and not meet her family before proposing to her? Dumb my brother. Even if they're dead. Visit their graves.

Now that things have gone this way, it's pointless to even think a relationship with such a family would work.

A red flag is when your prospective/proposed in-laws have something on you for which reason they might not allow you marry their child.

The only option you have now is to elope. You think it's because you ain't rich. They're telling you it's your state of origin. If you fix the rich part and they accept you, won't you ask them why they're willing to overlook where you're from. I would if it were me.

Truth here is they can never love you for the right reasons.

Cheers!

Thanks friend...your advise is sound and wise.

I guess I would have to disassociate with her emotionally. It would be a mountain for me to climb.

THANKS

3 Likes

Re: My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 03, 2014
SLOVFO: I am ambitious working-class guy of 32 years old in love with a girl of 27 years old.

I proposed to my girl and she accepted...but the snag now is that her mum wants someone that is rich (or richer) for her daughter and she has succeeded in convincing her husband to see things her way. Though they are using my hometown as an excuse for their rejection, but I know (from conversations) that the actual thing is that they prefer a richer man for their daughter. The worst part of the whole thing is that they have not even met me in person before. It really hurts.

Please fellow Nairalanders, what do you guys advise me (us) to do?
if the family does not like u, then leave their daughter alone, simple!!!

1 Like

Re: My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by Tyche(m): 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
Just move the phuck on
Re: My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by 2goodbobo(m): 1:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
go and see them in person so you can confirm for yourself. If you really wanna marry their daughter, then you need to show seriousness starting with going to see them.

Is normal to experience what is happening but the goodnews is you will end up marrying her if she really loves you and have the mind of her own.

I went through what you are going through now and today my wife is mine grin. all it takes to achieve your heart desire is to resolve that you wont give up on her and also she does thesame.If both of you come together to form a united front, then her parents cant stop you.

My wife is Igbo and am from middle belt, Their was nothing on earth her folks did not say to thwart my intention to marry her then, imagining what my situation was like then, Man from the north who was not rich, wanting to marry an igbo girl. I persisted and ofcourse my girlfriend now my wifey was with me and we joined forces together and faced all the hurdles they kept on our way. If i can do it, you too can do it. Today my inlaws love and treat me like their son. no day passes by they dont check on me grin.

so brace up son cos it aint gonna be easy but surely you will overcome. when a man decides to settlel down, he's bound to face somany hurdles and this is just one of them.

Finally be prayerful and try go see her folks and convince them to have a change of heart. afterall, for the fact that you are not rich today does not mean you wont tomorrow.

8 Likes

Re: My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by SLOVFO(m): 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2014
Thanks friend...your have made my day.

2goodbobo: go and see them in person so you can confirm for yourself. If you really wanna marry their daughter, then you need to show seriousness starting with going to see them.

Is normal to experience what is happening but the goodnews is you will end up marrying her if she really loves you and have the mind of her own.

I went through what you are going through now and today my wife is mine grin. all it takes to achieve your heart desire is to resolve that you wont give up on her and also she does thesame.If both of you come together to form a united front, then her parents cant stop you.

My wife is Igbo and am from middle belt, Their was nothing on earth her folks did not say to thwart my intention to marry her then, imagining what my situation was like then, Man from the north who was not rich, wanting to marry an igbo girl. I persisted and ofcourse my girlfriend now my wifey was with me and we joined forces together and faced all the hurdles they kept on our way. If i can do it, you too can do it. Today my inlaws love and treat me like their son. no day passes by they dont check on me grin.

so brace up son cos it aint gonna be easy but surely you will overcome. when a man decides to settlel down, he's bound to face somany hurdles and this is just one of them.

Finally be prayerful and try go see her folks and convince them to have a change of heart. afterall, for the fact that you are not rich today does not mean you wont tomorrow.
Re: My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
Dose kind yeye parents wey no get money b insisting dat its only a rich guy dat mst marry dia dota, shege banza.
Re: My Girl's Family Does Not Want Me by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 04, 2014
#singing in Tpain's voice *

'It's all about the money !

My guy... Your sense of self, sanity and dignity matters most, even if it warrants dissing their daughter......

Though Happiness is paramount, that is if both of you Truly love each other in high tide and low tide.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Keep Lively Conversation With Ma Babe...?? / Would You Be This Kid's Step Dad / Sex Can Exist Without Love, But True Love Can Exist Without Sex!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.