Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,063 members, 7,970,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:26 AM

Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? (1134 Views)

Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? / Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? / Is Barrack Obama The Reincarnation Of Nimrod Of The Ancient Babylonian Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by Gombs(m): 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2014
Answer- Not according to the gospel. There is no such thing like reincarnation. Isn’t it amazing that some people believe in what they cannot prove? We can prove Christianity, we can prove Jesus Christ, that’s why he gave us his name to live by. And whatever Jesus did before he died, his name continues to do. That’s why the Bibles says that ‘Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today forever’ (Hebrews 13:cool. We can prove the living Christ, and that‘s wonderful. Acts 17:29, “[Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that his divine being are gold and silver or stone, an image made by human design and skill, in the past God overlook those ignorance but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, for he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice, by the man he has appointed. He has given prove of this to everyone, by raising him from the dead]”.

The Bible says God had appointed the day he will judge the world by Jesus Christ, and that he has proved it that he is going to do it by Jesus Christ through raising him from the dead, by the resurrection from the dead, he has given men an indication that he is going to judge the word by Jesus Christ. Proving Jesus Christ to be that judge by the resurrection from the dead, that’s what the bible says, and you can’t believe this and believe anything else. He is going to judge the world, he says, ‘He has given prove of this to all men by raising him from the dead ’. Well, I was telling you something about reincarnation, there is no such thing like reincarnation. Reincarnation means taking up another body, it means that someone who has been born into this world, dies and comes back in another body; either in an animal, some mammal, some reptile, bird or some insect of something. It comes back in another body or even sometimes they think it can come back in another human body. Now for some people, they like to ask with the Bible in mind because Jesus Christ said concerning John the Baptist, this is Elijah. Well, he didn’t say that Elijah came in the body of John the Baptist, no; John the Baptist came in the power and the ministry of Elijah; that’s what he was saying. If Elijah were to come back, he wouldn’t be born John, John was born.

Now the Bible talks about the witnesses who would show up in the last days to preach the gospel to the Jewish people where a hundred and forty-four thousand people are going to be elected as it were to come to God, and the Bible told us that these witnesses, prophets were going to be ministering in Israel. Many Bible scholars believe that this would likely be Elijah and one other, some think maybe Enoch, maybe several reasons but that’s beautiful because we were not told about their death. So if that’s going to be Elijah, beautiful because Elijah didn’t die, the Bible said he was caught up and taken to heaven, so if he just suddenly shows up as he did on the mount of transfiguration, when he showed up with Moses, why? He didn’t come with another body, he was himself, that’s not reincarnation.

Reincarnation presupposes that one dies and then comes back in another body, has to be born to come back, but if you just show up without dying like Elijah did. That’s not reincarnation. You say what about Moses? Well, the Bible tells us that Moses died and God buried him. So Moses never went to hell. And so he is passed on into the new life with a transfigured body, not another body in terms of reincarnation. No; it’s a transfigured body, not another body in form of reincarnation. It’s the same body, but now through walls, he needs no doors, he just went through. But it was a physical body. So, the Bible doesn’t support the doctrine of reincarnation, that doctrine is a false doctrine.
Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by lekkie073(m): 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2014
Anything u find in the dictionary exists
Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2014
But you do err not knowing the scripture grin reincarnation is biblical! Unless of course you want to tell me that the Bible is contradicting itself!
Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by Gombs(m): 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
lekkie073: Anything u find in the dictionary exists

mermaids too?
Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by Gombs(m): 3:57pm On Jul 04, 2014
doubleDx: But you do err not knowing the scripture grin reincarnation is biblical! Unless of course you want to tell me that the Bible is contradicting itself!

u remind me of Obadiah alot... anyways, good afternoon
Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by lekkie073(m): 4:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
Gombs:

mermaids too?
yes . if u believe God exists, then why can't u believe mermaids ? Or u r too biased?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by Gombs(m): 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
lekkie073: yes . if u believe God exists, then why can't u believe mermaids ? Or u r too biased?

i see God in all creation, where do you see mermaids?
Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by lekkie073(m): 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
Gombs:

i see God in all creation, where do you see mermaids?
u see what u wish to see lipsrsealed
Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 05, 2014
Gombs:

u remind me of Obadiah alot... anyways, good afternoon

Top of the morning to you brah grin But the Bible supports reincarnation, I have many verses to backup my position. I will post them later in the day, I want to see how you are going to explain those scriptures! Just because Churches and MOGs don't teach reincarnation doesn't mean it's not biblical grin
Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by cidieschat(m): 9:46am On Jul 05, 2014
Just be becos you believe Christ does not mean other beliefs are invalid. So does every other religion do. Even while believing the Christ, Christians are divided against themselves, having Charismatic, catholic, Pentecostal, anglican, Jehovah witness, each of which believe the others are wasting their time. Reincarnation exist like Mad. Elijah, the blind man, John the Baptist, Esau, and many other prophets. Even Jesus said "if you leave your wife, and belonging to follow him, he will give u more in the life to come. Them de marry for heaven. And if you were to come this life just once and then pass screening for heaven and he'll like u believe, would u not rather be born rich?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by qstar(m): 10:31am On Jul 05, 2014
Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by qstar(m): 10:33am On Jul 05, 2014
Thought Jesus was referring to "reincarnation" here.

Matthew 11:14

Elijah becoming John.

Jesus never taught "after death comes judgement".
Wasn't it a Paul's Doctrine?
Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 05, 2014
Smh.
Is bible really a proof. You claim Jesus is a messiah;son Of God;died for our sins.
But that can never be proved outside d bible. Meanwhile

"For all the prophets and the law have prophesied until John. And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who was to come." (Matthew 11:13-14)
"And the disciples asked him, saying, 'Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?'
"But he answered them and said, 'Elijah indeed is to come and will restore all things. But I say to you thatElijah has come already, and they did not know him, but did to him whatever they wished. So also shall the Son of Man suffer at their hand.'
"Then the disciples understood thathe had spoken of John the Baptist." (Matthew 17:10-13)
I don't have time now...but I can tell u that reincarnation is true based on the bible teaching.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by Lucario007(m): 8:18pm On Jul 05, 2014
Simply because you believe in Christ is no reason to start bashing another man's views and beliefs. Doing so is petty and just reeks of insecurity with a need to feel and confirm that you are right.

For your information, Christianity is not the worlds oldest religion, and as such its accounts can not be infallibly accurate. Reincarnation is much more plausible than burning in a lake of fire for all eternity, or living in a perfect paradise forever.

Christian: Reincarnation surely can't be possible, but I am positive that I believe in The Bibles account of donkey's talking, seas being split in half, and raining forty days and forty nights and the world flooded, even though it has rained a hundred days on several pacific islands without any permanent destruction being absolutely true.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by macof(m): 11:23pm On Jul 05, 2014
And how did people know it was Elijah that appeared?? Elijah lived about 2000yrs before Jesus, no photos, no sculptures..nothing.
How was Elijah recognized??
Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
Yes there is in Paganism.
Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 06, 2014
macof: And how did people know it was Elijah that appeared?? Elijah lived about 2000yrs before Jesus, no photos, no sculptures..nothing.
How was Elijah recognized??

e done come again with ignorance...spirit get picture? Even if Elijah had sculptures do you think John would look like him? It's the spirit that dwells in John makes him Elijah! For the fact that King Yeshua said, John is Elijah; it's true....

Matthew 11:13-14 (KJV)

For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by macof(m): 7:55am On Jul 08, 2014
doubleDx:

e done come again with ignorance...spirit get picture? Even if Elijah had sculptures do you think John would look like him? It's the spirit that dwells in John makes him Elijah! For the fact that King Yeshua said, John is Elijah; it's true....

Matthew 11:13-14 (KJV)

For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

Dummy in was talking about d transmigration, where Elijah and Moses were said to be with Jesus ..now read my previous post
Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by GooseBaba: 5:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
OP, You need SPIRITUALITY to understand reincarnation.. Not written words of men.

You need to observe and experience spirituality from within. Not quoting scriptures and telling stories.

Besides reincarnation is logical than everlasting happiness in heaven or everlasting torture in hell.

You need to embrace deep thoughts of your own. And free yourself from follow follow mentality.
Re: Is There Anything Like Reincarnation? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
macof:

Dummy in was talking about d transmigration, where Elijah and Moses were said to be with Jesus ..now read my previous post

This boy, smh! na me u dey call dummy? grin LOL...

(1) (Reply)

His Dead Uncle Is Giving Him A Car In His Dream. What Does It Mean? / Who Is Mary To God? / Why Was Jesus Christ Called The Son Of God?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.