Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,458 members, 7,881,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 03:29 AM

Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus (15876 Views)

Cattle Spotted On BRT Lane In Lagos (Photos) / Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) / How To Kill Any Animal Pest Or No Pest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by onegig(m): 6:00am On Jul 05, 2014
doctokwus: Dis explanation even lends credence to d story bc d press release looks too fabricated to b real:"ur men went to tow ur bus by 10pm,area boys chased u away and u returnd by 5am".Y ddnt dey come back dat same nite wt police excort knowin how dangerous d broken down bus cud b to other motorists.
Oh really? So what's the true version?

Maybe you reread the post. It states they reported the assualt at a police station. Whether they returned to tow the bus or not is irrelevant at this point. Those buses are always on dedicated lanes along that route and it's no news that other commuters are persona non grata on those lanes. Also the police station definitely has their statements. They got a solid alibi and i would go with their story.

If you want to discredit their story maybe you walk down to the police station and request a copy of their statements instead of lazing in your sit and boring us with your assertions without any concrete proof or postulations to counter their story.

2 Likes

Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by globatop: 6:06am On Jul 05, 2014
Naija I hail!
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by Atk1nson(m): 6:06am On Jul 05, 2014
blank:

Why was the soldier riding an okada on that road? It's illegal. Why was he on BRT lane, it's illegal.

Don't know what time the accident happened but by past 7am, there was no traffic. When I passed, I saw the bike behind the BRT on the BRT lane and just a handful of people had gathered.

If this story is true, why did the soldiers pursue the driver into palmgroove estate and then beat up a security man?

don't mind him, is a soldier above the law? the main reason bikes were banned from most express ways is for safety

1 Like

Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by adeshola1(m): 6:13am On Jul 05, 2014
Clefcentfelix: First report: BRT hits a soldier, he died and other soldiers are burning buses

Another Report from the Army: our men didn't burn buses, area boys did

Yet another Report from LAGBUS: BRT bus didn't hit any soldier, area boys chased us and later a corpse was dropped in our bus

I'm waiting for the next versions, like:

Version 4: no soldier died, no bus was burnt, area boys fabricated the story and photoshopped the images

angry since area boys must take the blame for their irresponsibility

And maybe another version

Version 5 (area boys) : we didn't know a bus broke down or hit a soldier or that any was burnt, this is the first time we are hearing this, we weren't involved in any of the events

Nigeria my beloved country grin I hail thee!!!

version 6: all the story is nt true, we were only shooting a movie (nollywood )

2 Likes

Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by 9jahubcom(m): 6:24am On Jul 05, 2014
oh my God.....i smell lies
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by UjSizzle(f): 6:33am On Jul 05, 2014
Awesome. Blaming area boys is like blaming Mr Nobody from the Children's rhyme.
The military and BRT mgt should clap for themselves.
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by UjSizzle(f): 6:35am On Jul 05, 2014
Atk1nson:

don't mind him, is a soldier above the law? the main reason bikes were banned from most express ways is for safety
But only commercial bikes are banned on Ikorodu road, not personal ones.

2 Likes

Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by Atk1nson(m): 6:38am On Jul 05, 2014
uj_sizzle:
But only commercial bikes are banned on Ikorodu road, not personal ones.
both personal and commercial ones aren't allowed. It's only ones used by corporate organisations that are like logistics firm

1 Like

Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by UjSizzle(f): 6:40am On Jul 05, 2014
Atk1nson:
both personal and commercial ones aren't allowed. It's only ones used by corporate organisations that are like logistics firm
All the little signs I see say, "No commercial motorcycles(Okada) allowed". Doesn't specify anything about corporate organizations.

1 Like

Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by Atk1nson(m): 6:53am On Jul 05, 2014
uj_sizzle:
All the little signs I see say, "No commercial motorcycles(Okada) allowed". Doesn't specify anything about corporate organizations.
hmmmm, u may be right. But d reality is dat both public and private bikes aren't allowed. Except those use by corporate entities. I had a friend who used her personal bike to ply 3rd mainland bridge, but after repeated issues with the police, he had to sell it.
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by Royaldee: 6:56am On Jul 05, 2014
Interesting
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by wagazala: 7:32am On Jul 05, 2014
blank:

Why was the soldier riding an okada on that road? It's illegal. Why was he on BRT lane, it's illegal.

The fact that it's illegal doesn't give a brt bus driver the right to end ones life. The bus drivers are known to be reckless. Even when you want to cross from service lane to the express, these BRT buses show you no mercy.

1 Like

Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by Ogbodavies(m): 7:48am On Jul 05, 2014
Explaining the accident, Abiodun Apata, Project Manager, Mutual Model Transports, one of the LAGBUS Franchises, said
the company only found a corpse after an eventful night and went to report it to the police.
“By 10 p.m. last night, one of our buses broke down at Onipanu; by 11 p.m.,
a rescue team with a van went to the scene to tow the bus.
“Unfortunately, area boys started stoning our team which made our men to leave. Meanwhile, the driver put on hazard
lights and C- Caution to alert motorists of the breakdown.
“By 5am this morning, before the rescue team got to the scene, a corpse had been deposited in our bus and a motorcycle
parked behind it.

Naija i hail oooooo.
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by kingboy(m): 7:50am On Jul 05, 2014
Thus LAGBUS drivers and management are not professional in their practice. The annoying thing is that most of this our reps travel abroad and they see how things are done in The best practices.
The LAGBUS news might be close to the truth cos the rate at which there buses break down is alarming at odd hours and dangerous location.
Sometimes in November I was driving on the 3rd mainland bridge at about 10pm a LAGBUS broke down in the middle of the highway with no single sign that notify oncoming drivers of the danger ahead.
It's unfortunate it happened like this,maybe it will make the authority to deduce a way forward in the report.
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by Bomi(m): 8:02am On Jul 05, 2014
All the comment above show that most of you are not in Nigeria. In Nigeria if the Soldiers refused to act, thevetoiries will be distorted just like above! No justice, everybody has to guide himself or herself n take law into their own hand. You csnnonly do this by belong to one association of the other even cults! Remember Okada group beforenthebwere subdue by higher power! Cheating also!
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by pappilo(m): 8:18am On Jul 05, 2014
I dont condone what the soldiers did but this LAGBUS spokesman should stop lying. A broken down bus was left in the middle of the road and an 'innocent' motorcyclist ran into it and got killed.

7 hrs to remove a broken down bus? A former Uni roomate of mine along with 2 of other passengers in his car were killed when he ran into an abandoned truck on an unlit section of this same road and I have a sister who still bears the facial scars after running into an abandoned molue on a section of this very same road.

Remeber Da Grin? Same shit

1 Like

Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 05, 2014
Naija which story we go believe now
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by tandj: 8:52am On Jul 05, 2014
Truth is a long lost virtue in Nigeria
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by Ishilove: 9:04am On Jul 05, 2014
pappilo: I dont condone what the soldiers did but this LAGBUS spokesman should stop lying. A broken down bus was left in the middle of the road and an 'innocent' motorcyclist ran into it and got killed.

7 hrs to remove a broken down bus? A former Uni roomate of mine along with 2 of other passengers in his car were killed when he ran into an abandoned truck on an unlit section of this same road and I have a sister who still bears the facial scars after running into an abandoned molue on a section of this very same road.

Remeber Da Grin? Same shit
I think the bolded is what happened. The most likely scenario, closest to the truth. The area boys must have stoned them when they came to tow the broken down bus, because of the bus and its location led to the death of someone, so when the Lagbus people ran away, the area boys took the corpse of the person killed and deposited it in the bus so that they wouldn't abdicate responsibility.

This, I believe, is what happened.

2 Likes

Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by aduje(m): 9:23am On Jul 05, 2014
Pastor Olu T: What exactly does it take to get the true side of a story in this our beloved country?

#Technology...CCTV CAMS, FINGERPRINTS, FORENSICS etc.
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by millhouse: 9:29am On Jul 05, 2014
[quote author=Ishilove]
I think the bolded is what happened. The most likely scenario, closest to the truth. The area boys must have stoned them when they came to tow the broken down bus, because of the bus and its location led to the death of someone, so when the Lagbus people ran away, the area boys took the corpse of the person killed and deposited it in the bus so that they wouldn't abdicate responsibility.

This, I believe, is what happened.
On spot..You should work with the FBI

1 Like

Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by cococandy(f): 9:31am On Jul 05, 2014
Na wa o. So those buses were burnt for nothing.
Why are we Nigerians so destructive?
Even if the man died,seeking compensation for his family would have been way better than destroying govt property.
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by niceeric(m): 9:37am On Jul 05, 2014
Pastor Olu T: What exactly does it take to get the true side of a story in this our beloved country?
it takes a very good babalawo dat knows his way with ifa to unravel d truth about any incident here in 9ja..looool
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by F22RAPTOR(m): 9:38am On Jul 05, 2014
LAGBUS: We did not kill any soldier
ARMY: We did not burn any bus and we did not beat anybody
CITIZENS: ?
Think they want us to ask google.... The way people lie nowadays with careless abandon is alarming.
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by Kirinwa: 9:43am On Jul 05, 2014
The way forward is to investigate the story well.
If its found that the BRT bus didn't kill any soldier simply deduct 20% of all serving military in Lagos and use it to compensate BRT.

The excess is too much.This will serve as a detterent

1 Like

Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by willycrown: 9:50am On Jul 05, 2014
It is so appalling when obviously dull people assume others are as retarded as they are. I mean if they must fabricate stories, they should at least cook up something decent not these invented cock and bull stories.

1 Like

Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by curtain: 9:51am On Jul 05, 2014
All BRT Bus Drivers are usually very very high on spirits especially Alomo, am not suprised that even the project manager sits in his office and sees every incidence that happens on road.
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by Arosa(m): 10:03am On Jul 05, 2014
An independent investigation will do the trick.
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by molas02: 10:09am On Jul 05, 2014
u just hav to be dere urself
Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by kokoA(m): 10:26am On Jul 05, 2014
No no no.. They are both lying. The okada hit the soldier, the soldier fell down and the Lagbus hit the okada, the okada fell down to, then the area boys came and hit the bus, okada and soldier and they all fell down before the soldiers came and hit the area boys, bus, okada and soldier.. While they were all hitting each other five buses coincidentally caught fire at thesame time and people started running.. That's the version I heard o. grin Chai! All these lies nigerians are shearing diarisgoduooooo..

2 Likes

Re: Brt Did Not Kill Any Soldier -lagbus by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 05, 2014
Lies evry fvucking where, so d picture of d dead soldier lying under d red brt bus too was unreal abi, make dem dey F00L demselves finkin dey F00ling d public, awon oniranu oshi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Osu Caste System In Igboland Discrimination Based On Descent / Lagos Cancels Tomorrow’s (nov 29) Sanitation / Prophetess Juanita Bynum And Pastor Paula White Want To Divorce Their Husbands!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.